• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I hate you, Newegg.

Fry's is cheaper, tax included, for a i7 930 by $15, that is sad.
 
Damn egg saver shipping! So I recently spent $165 for an SSD. I didn't notice the 4-7 day egg saver shipping because I've always gotten 3 day UPS for free. So if you buy $15 worth of blank cd-r's you get 3 day UPS, but spend $165 for something small you get snail mail shipping. :mad: Hell, I would have paid the extra $2 for UPS if I had noticed it.

edit: I guess if their profit margin on the blank cd-r's is high they can afford free UPS vs USPS on the SSD. I still think it's crap though. I'll just need to pay more attention I guess.
 
Last edited:
Holy shit, is that milk really $160 a gallon?
It's a bargain compared to buying milk from this seller on Amazon for $2,500. :eek:

And it's worth it, according to the seller. :D

Books and Co. said:
When it comes to milk, the old adage is true. You get what you pay for. If you want milk that tastes like a cow pissed in a bucket, then by all means purchase the other milk products listed here. But if you want milk that has been extracted from the nipples of the Queen of all cows, the rare miniature Himalayan mice-cow that is no larger than a hamster and lives in the caves high above Afghanistan then your only option is to buy from us. We are the only certified vendor of miniature Himalayan mice-cow nectar and we won't bribe you to buy our milk by promising to bake cookies for you. Honestly, if you're the type of person who bakes your own cookies, you're probably not good enough for this milk. Most people can't appreciate the intricacies of miniature Himalayan mice-cow nectar, let alone afford it. Each gallon takes years to extract by hand and we have to pay our milker's a lot because milking a mice-cow is a painful, complicated process that we don't even want to go into. Your purchase comes with a certificate of authenticity and 10% of the proceeds are donated to saving the rapidly diminishing population of mice-cows. If we don't act fast, they will be gone forever. Think about that when you consider purchasing milk from the overpopulated regular cow breeds and how your purchase is contributing to the degradation of society.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
what is this issue that ZZF dealt with about CPU's and pounding the vendors ass?

I never heard anything about this
 
what is this issue that ZZF dealt with about CPU's and pounding the vendors ass?

I never heard anything about this

The fake Intel CPU's. I mean really fake, It was an Intel looking box with numerous errors with a cpu shaped piece of plastic and heat sink inside. It even had a blank instruction pamphlet inside. It would be enough to to fool a quick look with an x-ray machine but that was about it. They ended up primarily at New Egg, but I guess some ended up else where as well but the fakes never made it to any customers.
 
The fake Intel CPU's. I mean really fake, It was an Intel looking box with numerous errors with a cpu shaped piece of plastic and heat sink inside. It even had a blank instruction pamphlet inside. It would be enough to to fool a quick look with an x-ray machine but that was about it. They ended up primarily at New Egg, but I guess some ended up else where as well but the fakes never made it to any customers.
You're wrong. Some fakes did end up getting to some customers. Look at this video.
 
So I just ordered at 6850 on thursday, but I forgot I had a gift card so I called newegg on friday to see if they could apply the giftcard and they said my card had already shipped so they can't apply it. Lo and behold my card didn't ship till today at 7 am. -2 eggs for slow shipping now I have to wait another day for my card and basically lied to me that it had shipped.
 
So I just ordered at 6850 on thursday, but I forgot I had a gift card so I called newegg on friday to see if they could apply the giftcard and they said my card had already shipped so they can't apply it. Lo and behold my card didn't ship till today at 7 am. -2 eggs for slow shipping now I have to wait another day for my card and basically lied to me that it had shipped.

once you get charged for the item and the order is sent to the warehouse, its your. most etailers work like this and cannot change orders once they are queued up for shipment.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
This is why Newegg is dead:

Which of these products (if any) would you like to see added to Newegg's selection?

Sporting Goods
Aftermarket Automotive
Home Improvement
Apparel

Sorry Newegg, I don't want to buy pants.
 
I have had nothing but a great experience ordering from NewEgg. When my motherboard failed the day after the RMA ran out they sent me another one with a free return label. I also appreciate the fact they don't charge tax for NY shoppers. It seems like we are always getting screwed and it is the sole reason I don't shop at Amazon.
 
I have had nothing but a great experience ordering from NewEgg. When my motherboard failed the day after the RMA ran out they sent me another one with a free return label.

The trouble is, those niceties are not written policy. You have to chat with a csr and beg to be treated well. For every story like yours there are five guys who had to pay to return a DOA board.

I got three DOA boards in a row for one build. After the first board I demanded, begged, groveled. No dice. All Newegg had for me was "Sorry!"

I much prefer a company that always pays for return shipping of defective items as part of their written policy. I like grovel-free return labels. Cross-shipping is nice too. I've never once had Newegg agree to cross-ship anything.
 
I just had a DOA video card and I agree with kristof, you know if you deal with any company in the world and you know how to work the strings you can get what you want but how much time have you wasted? How many customers have already been lost. For reasons like this I have almost no loyalty to any company because it seems all of them only have good policies if you beg for that. I buy from whomever is cheapest unless I specifically know that a company has hassle free excellent support.
 
I've probably spent close to half a million at newegg working for various companies.

They were once so grand. It all started going downhill when free 2day shipping went away.
 
I agree i have never had problems with newegg ever. been ordering from them for along time. I makem y purchase lets say on a tuesday i have it the next day by 5pm every single time.

I cant complain
 
You are fine when you purchase items that aren't hot (in other words, widely sold items). Then the prices don't screw you over day to day.

Their warranty and return policies are horrendous. Our Target has 30 days, no restocking fee, no questions asked. Let's see, by the item if it is target for 5% more and be able to check it out with the option of returning it if it isn't what you expected, no shipping charges, and no hassle.

Egg has lost it's luster.
 
Only read the first page but I can't believe that people are blaming the store for sales tax.
 
Newegg has definitely slipped over the years. I'm not sure how some of you say you get items the next day on their free shipping. Ever since they started that "rush for extra cash" bullshit they sit on my orders for at least 24 hours. I picked up an LG 39" TV and its still sitting at their warehouse 3 days later. This would be the 3rd item i've ordered (couldn't get price match on cyber monday anywhere else) that has sat at their warehouse at shipping status. Fed-Ex says they only got billing info on their site yet no item departure scan. Have yet to have this issue anywhere else i order online.

Opps just realized i necro'd this post. LOL
 
Newegg has definitely slipped over the years. I'm not sure how some of you say you get items the next day on their free shipping. Ever since they started that "rush for extra cash" bullshit they sit on my orders for at least 24 hours. I picked up an LG 39" TV and its still sitting at their warehouse 3 days later. This would be the 3rd item i've ordered (couldn't get price match on cyber monday anywhere else) that has sat at their warehouse at shipping status. Fed-Ex says they only got billing info on their site yet no item departure scan. Have yet to have this issue anywhere else i order online.

Opps just realized i necro'd this post. LOL

LOL this was a perfect necro because I was just wondering where to post my latest newegg rant.

Just bough some 280x's from Newegg since they were the only ones to have stock and I have deemed their "Chat Support" useless. The product went to "packaging" yesterday at noon and since it didn't ship that day I started up a chat to see if I could change to next day air so I could get my product Friday(paying the difference of course from 2 day). Chat CS rep basically told me I was shit out of luck that they would ship when they ship and I couldn't change shit. If I really needed it that bad they told me to cancel and buy it at a B&M(non available where I am at thank you very much). Still hasn't shipped.

What really pissed me off is that every time I have talked to their CS they have basically told me no that is impossible to do or find out. No let me see if I can get a manager or anything just a straight you are SOL. I don't think it is completely unreasonable to ask to upgrade shipping speed 24 hours before the product even ships. . . Is it?
 
Well, I have always had good experiences with Newegg, and had perfect interactions with their customer service every time, even letting me return shit with a no return policy when I was the one who messed up and ordered the wrong thing...

I will usually check hoverhound before I buy to see if anyone else is cheaper, but I usually start my search on Newegg, because - quite frankly - their category, filter and search functions beat everyone else's. Amazon is HORRIBLE in this regard, and their decision to show "similar" items when you have put in an exact keyword makes you have to read descriptions very carefully before buying, so you don't wind up with the wrong thing.

It's almost like Amazon's approach is, "we'd rather they accidentally buy a product they don't want if they can't find the one they do, than graciously give up a sale..."
 
I ordered most of my new build from Newegg.. No issues, always shipped the day I ordered--- until I ordered the final part, the motherboard... I needed it real quick, so I went through the trouble of signing up for the ShopRunner thing... Put the order in for free 2 day shipping--- and now it's been in Packaging for 54 hours.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!! Now the temperature is going to drop, my entire building is going to turn everybody into lightning bolt slinging, statically charged superbeings, and I'll have to resort to building my new PC naked in the bathtub or waiting until spring.

My new build just got Egged. :(

Now I'm even more pissed that I tried to order the same motherboard from Amazon and right in the middle of the order it suddenly said they were out of stock, and took it out of my cart.
 
I ordered most of my new build from Newegg.. No issues, always shipped the day I ordered--- until I ordered the final part, the motherboard... I needed it real quick, so I went through the trouble of signing up for the ShopRunner thing... Put the order in for free 2 day shipping--- and now it's been in Packaging for 54 hours.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!! Now the temperature is going to drop, my entire building is going to turn everybody into lightning bolt slinging, statically charged superbeings, and I'll have to resort to building my new PC naked in the bathtub or waiting until spring.

My new build just got Egged. :(

Now I'm even more pissed that I tried to order the same motherboard from Amazon and right in the middle of the order it suddenly said they were out of stock, and took it out of my cart.

And if you ask any of their CS reps what the status of your order is you get. . . Well you are in "packaging" so it should be shipped within 2 days but we can't tell you exactly when that will be because we have no way of talking to anyone else within the company.

I am honestly thinking my order is a BO now but they want to keep my money and not say anything for a while.
 
I just got my relatively large order of stuff(over $1200..) It was shipped with Shoprunner 2 day.. ordered on 11/27, received 12/5.

8 days. I know the holiday was in there, but they actuall shipped it on the 29th using UPS ground. Pretty frustrating.
 
I just got my relatively large order of stuff(over $1200..) It was shipped with Shoprunner 2 day.. ordered on 11/27, received 12/5.

8 days. I know the holiday was in there, but they actuall shipped it on the 29th using UPS ground. Pretty frustrating.

I've lost all faith in shipping from anywhere. I used 1 day shipping once because I quickly wanted my stuff and guess what, it was slower than standard.(this wasn't newegg, shipping in general is prone to shit).
 
I've lost all faith in shipping from anywhere. I used 1 day shipping once because I quickly wanted my stuff and guess what, it was slower than standard.(this wasn't newegg, shipping in general is prone to shit).

I haven't had a single problem with Amazon Prime. Always prefer to order from there but the egg is the only one that had stock.

So apparently the phone system is messed up know because I just tried calling(since chat is useless) and every time I got but on hold it hung up on me. No call back option like I had the other day. FUUUUUUUUU
 
And this is why Amazon is getting all the orders LOL! However tax puts me off on Amazon. But then again once that bill Amazon is pushing for, I`m pretty sure most will just go with Amazon since everyone will be taxed lol
 
Amazon Prime is addicting. I almost wish I hadn't subscribed to it except that given what I've been ordering this year from them it makes financial sense.

It could be NE got overwhelmed due to the sale/holiday but I've not been buying from them much lately. I ordered a 7870 on Monday morning, they charged my card and confirmed by 1pm but no shipping notice till Wednesday night. Supposedly it will get here friday but... we'll see.
 
I just got my relatively large order of stuff(over $1200..) It was shipped with Shoprunner 2 day.. ordered on 11/27, received 12/5.

8 days. I know the holiday was in there, but they actuall shipped it on the 29th using UPS ground. Pretty frustrating.

the last 3 times I ordered from newegg they marked it shipped and then didn't bother to actually ship it until 2-4 days later.

twice I paid for next day shipping too.

I will never spend another dime there, this last time I finally learned my lesson.
 
Back
Top