HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

I might actually get one of these in the next few days. There is one that was returned sitting in a retail store that was purchased prior to the price being adjusted that they can't get "full" credit for, so they might just sell it to me to get something out of it. It still has all the plastic on it with the original box.

My order from last week's TD bundle is on the truck for delivery. Great timing because my dad's birthday is this weekend and they're leaving in two days to go on vacation. He's going to flip when he opens this :D

Yeah, offically gone from TigerDirect. I got through the paypal portion and right when I was submitting it my cart was emptied. I called and they are indeed sold out.

September 28th will be reserved for HP US employees to purchase the remaining touchpads.

I'm like Budwise. I ordered mine and payed thru paypal after people said the deal was over but mine was delivered last night from UPS with 2 day shipping.

Just got my email. 32gb shipped today. Oddly the email and the tool both are blank for my delivery date. My shipment is being sent RPS (fedex) with VF3 shipping. Anyone have a clue what that means for duration?

I got mine in yesterday and my touchpad in today... Last night I updated it, overclocked it, installed performance patches, etc... not too bad...

PC Richard & Son just sent me an e-mail with a tracking code for my 32 GB Touchpad. Bought it around 1:30 AM on the 20th, in case that helps anyone.

I got mine friday from CDW. They got another batch in and notified people who had just missed out during the initial fire sale. They emailed me on the 9th that they were getting some more in and BAM! a week later I have mine. It's a pretty neat little device. Putting it in dev mode and running preware along with alot of patches really makes it shine. I wish there were more apps like Netflix and a better native video player, but overall it's alot better than I expected.

I got mine friday from CDW. They got another batch in and notified people who had just missed out during the initial fire sale. They emailed me on the 9th that they were getting some more in and BAM! a week later I have mine.

It irritates me that resellers are apparently getting a few more in and alerting people and sending them out when HP itself isn't even fulfilling orders.

Anyone who ordered from HP SMB received any updated word on when they might be shipping? I haven't received anything in the way of communication from them other than an email saying I would be getting one but it could be 6-8 weeks. I wonder if that has changed at all? When I check the status online now, it just keeps changing the expected delivery date to the next day. I will probably call them again to see if they have a better idea of when they will be shipping.

It irritates me that resellers are apparently getting a few more in and alerting people and sending them out when HP itself isn't even fulfilling orders.

Anyone who ordered from HP SMB received any updated word on when they might be shipping? I haven't received anything in the way of communication from them other than an email saying I would be getting one but it could be 6-8 weeks. I wonder if that has changed at all? When I check the status online now, it just keeps changing the expected delivery date to the next day. I will probably call them again to see if they have a better idea of when they will be shipping.

Yeah, try calling them up. I was doing that all of last week and I think the guy behind the phone is getting tired of hearing my voice.

i called them everyady and they told me to stop :)

Told you to stop, because they're sick of hearing from you, or to stop because HP SMB won't be getting any more stock? (a question, not a statement of fact...)

I have two 16GB on order from HP SMB.

I'm getting one 32GB from PC Richard (finally!) which should be coming Monday.

No, i'm not reselling these for a profit (I hate those f***ers who got 10-12...), just getting ones wanted by friends.

I have 1 16GB on order and called them yesterday because I am also getting the changing of the expected delivery date to the next day, she said my order is fine and just waiting for stock from manufacturing to be fulfilled.

I think they set the delivery date to auto increment until the order is fulfilled, so people see some activity when checking order status in hopes it would keep us from calling so much?

It still says this - "As long as your order passed all payment verification, your order will be fulfilled. However, we do not have enough stock to satisfy all orders at this time. It will take up to 6-8 weeks to build enough HP TouchPads to meet our current commitments, during which time your order will then ship from this stock with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase." Here - http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=J0YQ7hacMnoAAAEyPx9fDwfE

The only thing that's got me squirming in my britches is this talk of an employee sale on the 28th, unless they have allocated enough to fulfill all remaining orders and the rest go to them? Also, it won't be 6 weeks since the 6 to 8 weeks announcement, so are they getting access to large batch of the "last run" before those of us that have been waiting since Aug 20-21?

Here's a probably fake newsletter from the vice president announcing the sale. - http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/hp-letter.jpg

Found here - http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/More-TouchPads-on-the-Way/ba-p/68749/page/57#comments

Whatever, just have to continue to wait and see... :(

looks like hp orders will be filled in "the second week of october," and and office depot orders will be filled in "2-3 weeks" according to the reps for each i just spoke to on the phone. first time i've called either on about my orders. looks like i will be getting 2 more touchpads! (i traded the first one to a canadian here on the forums who couldnt get an order in, for a nook color and a dsi.) second 2 will be one for my brother and one for me to install android on! :)

the stretching sound and 'weeeee' to close a card is hilarious and worth the price of admission :D

hopefully they can replicate this on an android port

Original post:
All online spots seems to be sold out. Went to Pc Richards this afternoon they were sold out too. But was told they have a shipment of them coming in, in about a week. So I pre-order it and will update if everything works out.

Update:
A month and day later, I finally got my HP touchpad on 9-21-11.

apparently if you ordered from onsale.com through amazon they are going to honor your order, but you have to have your original order number, and re-order it. I did not get in on this originally, so if someone has an extra cancelled order from onsale/amazon and would help me out, i would appreciate it.

"HP Touchpad 32 Gb 149.99 at OnSale.com for those who were screwed before..!
Well, seems like OnSale has the 32gb version of the HP Touchpad available for most customers who got screwed the first time on amazon. Here's how to get em:

HOW TO PLACE YOUR ORDER:

1. Go to http://store.onsale.com/n/msc-189

2. Provide your original Order ID and e-mail address. (You must have a valid original Order ID in order to place an order)

3. Go to your inbox and click on the link. (Note: link can only be used once)

4. Provide your order details including address and payment method. (No store credits, no international shipping)

5. Place your order.

NOTE:

Your order is not confirmed until you receive an order confirmation following Step 5.

If you wanna see the full release on their website here's the Link [onsale.com]"

apparently if you ordered from onsale.com through amazon they are going to honor your order, but you have to have your original order number, and re-order it. I did not get in on this originally, so if someone has an extra cancelled order from onsale/amazon and would help me out, i would appreciate it.

Well, seems like OnSale has the 32gb version of the HP Touchpad available for most customers who got screwed the first time on amazon. Here's how to get em:

HOW TO PLACE YOUR ORDER:

2. Provide your original Order ID and e-mail address. (You must have a valid original Order ID in order to place an order)

4. Provide your order details including address and payment method. (No store credits, no international shipping)

5. Place your order.

NOTE:

Your order is not confirmed until you receive an order confirmation following Step 5.

If you wanna see the full release on their website here's the Link [onsale.com]"

mine just went through, although my friends wont - he actually ordered earlier than me originally

Got mine! Too bad I couldn't order my original quantity of 4 :p Still waiting on Kheelan.

HOW TO PLACE YOUR ORDER:

5. Place your order.

NOTE:

I don't know my original order number...I have long since deleted that email......I dont care though, I lost interest in this thing..:)

I don't know my original order number...I have long since deleted that email......I dont care though, I lost interest in this thing..:)

I'm selling it to friends for profit to offset the cost of the 2 I bought for myself and my mother. I have a feeling Android is going to revive this thing big time.

HOW TO PLACE YOUR ORDER:

5. Place your order.

NOTE:

Looks like I'm back to the waiting game. My order number from Amazon was recognized, so I went ahead and took another chance. Originally just wanted the 16GB one, but hey, at this point I'll be happy with either as long as I'm not paying the overpriced ebay/craigslist/forum prices....

Tempted, but I ended up picking up the Asus Transformer and couldn't be happier (unless of course I got it for $150).

Thanks for that link.. I never got an email or anything about it but they fulfilled my old order, but they only get me get 1 instead of the 2 I ordered.

I would also like to order one more if someone has an order number they would like to give up.

Last edited:
So it looks like maybe I'll get lucky because I had two separate orders with them that were canceled. Both order numbers went through and are the new orders are under review.

you are lucky indeed, i placed 2 separate orders with them, however they only verify one of my order the other one indicated that it's no longer available , weird
i would rather just get the 16gb but the 32gb would be fine any how

Back