HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

According to the UPS tracking, my TouchPad should be arriving at my doorstep tomorrow. Finally, those accessories that have been gathering dust on my shelf will no longer be so lonely. :D

According to the UPS tracking, my TouchPad should be arriving at my doorstep tomorrow. Finally, those accessories that have been gathering dust on my shelf will no longer be so lonely. :D

Same here, too bad mine are going to be waiting much longer since HP is apparently building these things one tablet a day. :mad:

Sweet Jesus the employees just crashed the HP site for their employee sale :eek:

HP internal connection going mad.

I work at HP. It was crazy!! It took me four hours of refreshing on 3 different systems/networks to get mine ordered. I got it, now to see if the order goes all the way through.....

Open to orders by HP employees still. 16GB sold out and 32GB still available according to the site.

Open to orders by HP employees still. 16GB sold out and 32GB still available according to the site.

This is total horseshit as far as I am concerned. They should have given the employees the deal, with a limit of 2 or something, before even offering them to the public in the first place. What has me so irritated is that I ordered from the HP SMB site on the 21st of LAST MONTH and have to wait 6-8 weeks when certain resellers are having "second chance" sales and now the HP employees are getting theirs? Where the hell is the one I ordered?

If HP can sell a bunch to their employees then SEND ME MY EFFIN TOUCHPAD FFS.

According to internal emails, we get ours in 10 days :) they even sent out an email to stop calling support and that there would be another email when supplies were short. Rumor is 200k pads were available with about 80k us workers and with us being limited to 1, we found others who did not care and used their log in to order :)

This is total horseshit as far as I am concerned. They should have given the employees the deal, with a limit of 2 or something, before even offering them to the public in the first place. What has me so irritated is that I ordered from the HP SMB site on the 21st of LAST MONTH and have to wait 6-8 weeks when certain resellers are having "second chance" sales and now the HP employees are getting theirs? Where the hell is the one I ordered?

Ordered on the same day and still waiting also... Gonna have to make another call, see wtf is up.

Just check my order status here - https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl and now it says something different than it has for weeks, before it seemed to auto increment the "planned delivery date" each day, now it just says "Date will follow" and the planned ship date is now blank. What the hell does that mean? Shit or get of the pot already HP.

Ordered on the same day and still waiting also... Gonna have to make another call, see wtf is up.

I am going to try the chat tomorrow. Every time I have called in the past I have had to wait at least 30 mins. Do us a solid and let us all know what you find out. I will do the same if I get through. Thanks.

Just check my order status here - https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl and now it says something different than it has for weeks, before it seemed to auto increment the "planned delivery date" each day, now it just says "Date will follow" and the planned ship date is now blank.

Yeah I checked for the first time (in quite a while) a few days ago and noticed that "date will follow." The only thing I want to hear tomorrow is that they have a definitive date when they will be shipping. Because with this employee sale now, if they don't have a definitive date for those of us who have been waiting for a month+, I am going to go off.

There's a limit of 1 per employee. Calm down.

There's a limit of 1 per employee. Calm down.

Lolz..are you trying to be a further irritant? I ask in all sincerity. Because you have missed the point entirely and then proceeded to do just that - irritate me further.

"Calm down"?

Here, I have one for you - "Take a reading comprehension class."

Dudewth is right. Getting this worked up over a $99 purchase and planning to curse out a random HP customer rep who just wants to get through their day is sad.

Posted from one one of my 8 Touchpads :cool::cool::cool:

Lolz..are you trying to be a further irritant? I ask in all sincerity. Because you have missed the point entirely and then proceeded to do just that - irritate me further.

"Calm down"?

u mad bro?

Same here, I ordered mine on the 20th and 21st and resellers are still selling them. HP is slow as hell with this :mad:.

Dudewth is right. Getting this worked up over a $99 purchase and planning to curse out a random HP customer rep who just wants to get through their day is sad.

Posted from one one of my 8 Touchpads :cool::cool::cool:

Lol, fucked up :p.

Posted from my Bat Cave made from Touchpads :D

i have an olympic swimming pool filled with touchpads that i do laps in.

Touchpad makes a great door stopper. I also keep a stack in the garage, they are very sturdy, great for lifting the car to change a tire. I'm thinking of doing some landscaping and making a cobblestone pathway to the front door, except instead of cobblestone it will be touchpads and having them trigger to play "Staying Alive" with each step.

I was hoping that Touchpads would make a suitable replacement for the $100 bills I was previously using as toilet tissue.

I am disappointed, to say the least.

Another week, another free app package (includes Splashtop too). All codes will likely be used up by 5PM:

At Bat 11
Play. In time for the playoffs. MLB.com At Bat 11™, the award-winning application, is live baseball – every pitch from every at bat.
Promo code: zuelu59942ykvad

Pack 'n' Track
Track. Pack ‘n' Track is a shipment tracking application that supports FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL.
Promo code: ozpxt62318rfylo

Animate Pro!
Create. Animate Pro! gives you the power to create, save, share and enjoy your own animations. We provide the canvas, you provide the imagination!
Promo code: fwkil75866icgev

Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
Control. The highest performance remote access app bringing your entire computer to your phone or tablet, featuring full video and audio support!
Promo code: wulax11125hhtaw

@dj_2004: Is there a way to install these without entering CC information?

Nope. You can probably use a virtual or prepaid if security is a concern for you.

Oh, and I am quite disappointed with paying $10 for Splashtop only for it to, hours later, be $5 and now free. :(

Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
Control. The highest performance remote access app bringing your entire computer to your phone or tablet, featuring full video and audio support!
Promo code: wulax11125hhtaw

How do you actually redeem this?

"Calm down"?

:cool:

Received my 2nd chance order from ONSALE today.. I was never even notified my order was accepted or shipped.. Was still expecting a cancellation..

Sweet, one less Xmas present I have to buy

Well i do not know how but I was somehow able to order two of them from OnSale with the Link, One on 9/22 and using the same link 9/27 I ordered another, I have tracking info for both of them that are valid.

Either way excited to get them

Well, I called HP SMB (AGAIN) and the nice woman let me know that it will be another 2-4 weeks before my order ships. When questioned as to why/how HP now had Touchpads to sell and ship to employees when customers who have already been waiting more than a month are now being told "2-4 weeks," her response was to literally play dumb. She said she had no knowledge of employees being able to purchase Touchpads. I totally believe her too. The customer service reps in India probably got stiffed on the deal.

FYI, HP is selling the Touchpad bluetooth keyboards for $20 with a coupon you can find on slick deals. I picked on up for my Transformer and it works great. Its not for on the go, would kinda defeat the tablet idea, but more when I'm at home and using it as another display for my PC.

FYI, HP is selling the Touchpad bluetooth keyboards for $20 with a coupon you can find on slick deals. I picked on up for my Transformer and it works great. Its not for on the go, would kinda defeat the tablet idea, but more when I'm at home and using it as another display for my PC.

Link to coupon? Is the cradle also on sale?

Damnit....missed the free apps. I saw this post but by the time I got home to my touchpad they were already sold out. The mad rush for anything Touchpad related is frustrating.

I'll split the cost of the case two pack with someone in oc if you buy that deal pm me.

Back