HP SAS Expander Owner's Thread

Hi all, I've read nearly whole thread, but I can't find definitive answer for my question: Can the external SFF-8088 port on HP expander card be used as uplink to the controller? (LSI 9207-8e in my case) Some say that it works, others say that it doesn't.

WestSidaz

Limp Gawd
Hi all, I've read nearly whole thread, but I can't find definitive answer for my question: Can the external SFF-8088 port on HP expander card be used as uplink to the controller? (LSI 9207-8e in my case) Some say that it works, others say that it doesn't.
You gotta try :) Works fine in here :)

Thanks, of course I'll try, but it's good to know at least one working setup. Have you tested if HDDs can be connected to the "to controller" ports when using external port as uplink?

WestSidaz

Limp Gawd
Sorry not sure what u ment.. i have 3 slave boxes + 1 master box.. slaves goes like hdd - hp sas expander - sff 8088 - xternal to internal card - sff 8087 - LSI sas controller... So.. answer to your question if i got it right, u can use that sff 8088 slot in hp sas controller for connecting it to that LSI 9207-8e

How much HDDs can you connect to one expander?
Look at the card, bottom ports are labelled as "to controller". Did you try connecting disks there?

bluttmer

n00b
Hello all,

Does anyone know where we can find documentation for the hp sas expander, specifily what the led lights are for?