HOT - Android Market: 10 Billion Promo - 10 Days of 0.10 Premium Android Apps

Game Dev Story is FUCKING AWESOME. BUY IT NOW.

You convinced me! $0.10 spent! haha.

On a side note, 10 Billion apps bought is pretty impressive when you think about all of the hardware needed/involved for such a thing. I wonder how many apps will be purchased with these $0.10 deals.

Im getting an error every now and then when purchasing, but it normally states you will be notified when the problem is resolved with your accounrt and less then 10 seconds later the app is downloading. Im sure they're getting hammered for these apps.

NFS Shift is still listed as $0.10 if you search for it, but again, not compatible with my Transformer. Plus here is a weird bit, there are 3 different installs of NFS Shift listed.

Really goofy. If you search for "Need for Speed shift" you get a few hits. The bottom listing (for me) was compatible with the razr and transformer @ .10.

5 transactions went through, 1 failed.

from what i read sound hound is good at capturing more rare stuff and shazam is better at popular stuff

personally, unless you use it A LOT, then its not even worth the 10 cents, the free version does the same thing practically
Thanks. I've been pretty happy w/ Sound Hound and was a little surprised it did pick up some of the rarer stuff. I noticed the volume has to be within a fairly small range. For example, if I'm at a bar/club listening to a live band or DJ, it almost always can't find the song b/c it's too loud. I haven't tried the free version of Shazam.

Props to Google Android Market Team:

Regarding my bitching about my purchase being cancelled:

Hello,

We're writing to apologize for any accidental cancellation of your Android Market orders during our 10 Billion Downloads promotion. We'd like to inform you that as a one-time courtesy, we're giving you free access to all the apps you attempted to purchase. To download these apps, please follow these steps:

1) Open Android Market on your device
2) Press "Menu," and then touch "My Apps"
3) Scroll down and select the apps in question. They should be labeled as "Purchased" or "Not installed."
4) Touch "Install" to download and install the app

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us through our Help Center at https://support.google.com/androidm...hl=en&policy=apps&contact_type=contact_policy

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Regards,
The Android Market Team

from what i read sound hound is good at capturing more rare stuff and shazam is better at popular stuff

personally, unless you use it A LOT, then its not even worth the 10 cents, the free version does the same thing practically

I tested both a few months ago and had an opposite experience... Shazam did better with obscure stuff, also SH actually consistently mis-tagged this one song I had when I played the beginning...

Outside of that one song they either returned the correct tag or none. I tested like a dozen songs and Shazam got like two more, SH's interface was better designed imo tho... But they've tacked on several features to Shazam since then (Amazon buying links, karaoke-like live lyrics, etc), interface is still just one big menu tho.

I've kept using Shazam, I got both for free... Got grandfathered unto Shazam from the early version and got SH on Amazon. Honestly both are solid. SH also claims to be able to tag hummed songs, it's hit or miss but Shazam doesn't do it at all AFAIK.

Well, I'm able to purchase apps again. Did we ever find a solution to buy apps that aren't compatible with our current device? I'm about to upgrade my phone so it won't matter what is currently compatible.

There's no way around it as it's by design.

Looks like they replaced Need for Speed Shift with the Paper Camera app.

What the fuck Game Dev Story is fucking awesome

totally unexpected.

I really feel like I have the Baseball Shooter section of the market cornered

Updated list for today, if anything I will be getting Pano and maybe Apparatus.
Wish they would stop bringing back apps, I did not want Asphalt 6 the first time you had it, having it a second time does not help.

Android Market is annoying. For several of these deals it says it's incompatible with my device. For example that Sentinel 3 game, I couldn't buy it cause it says it's incompatible, so I see Amazon Market place has it and price matched so I buy it there and it installs and works perfectly WTF? Why is there no override on the Android Market?

Now I see Apparatus is on sale, I know that works on my device, but the devs pulled it from Amazon's market place so there won't be anymore updates. I want to buy it but it won't let me install it even if I do buy it cause Market says it's incompatible even though I absolutely know it is compatible, this is psychotic.

FYI, if you missed a deal, they are not dead. AT least yesterday's aren't.

Less and less interesting apps every day.

Is Pano better than the Galaxy S2's built-in Panorama mode BTW?

Android Market is annoying. For several of these deals it says it's incompatible with my device. For example that Sentinel 3 game, I couldn't buy it cause it says it's incompatible, so I see Amazon Market place has it and price matched so I buy it there and it installs and works perfectly WTF? Why is there no override on the Android Market?

Now I see Apparatus is on sale, I know that works on my device, but the devs pulled it from Amazon's market place so there won't be anymore updates. I want to buy it but it won't let me install it even if I do buy it cause Market says it's incompatible even though I absolutely know it is compatible, this is psychotic.

what device are you using and what firmware is it running?

last night i grabbed Jelly Defense which kept me busy for hours....great game

what device are you using and what firmware is it running?

last night i grabbed Jelly Defense which kept me busy for hours....great game

2.3.4, I am running a nook color with Phiremod CM7.

Yeah Jelly Defense is great I got it free on Amazon but also bought it on Marketplace since it was only $0.10.

To get Asphalt 6 working on an incompatible device:
Try this video

http://youtu.be/cssyIE4maZY

It works with my touchpad now, and it should work with other android devices. (use at your own risk)

The problem is not that it won't run because it does not work with my device, bu that I can't purchase the game because it's incompatible with my device. Thanks for tiring to help though!

My CC got temp put disabled due to all of the 'weird' charges coming through very fast from the various publishers/google checkout. Lol. had to call card company and say they were all legit.

Pardon me for asking this question but can let's say if I buy apps from Android Market will I be able to use on my other devices as well? I got couple apps for my phone and I'm wondering if I can use them for my tablet. From what I heard as long as I'm the only user then I should be ok because I can use the same account on Android Market for multiple devices? Btw does anyone has any success running these apps on a TouchPad with Android?

I've spent hours on Game Dev Story so far... amazing purchase for 10 cents.

My latest classic is Sound Syndrome, the musical dungeon game

edit: fuck yes swimsuit card game

Last edited:
Pardon me for asking this question but can let's say if I buy apps from Android Market will I be able to use on my other devices as well? I got couple apps for my phone and I'm wondering if I can use them for my tablet. From what I heard as long as I'm the only user then I should be ok because I can use the same account on Android Market for multiple devices?

Yes, if you log onto your other Android device with the Google account you used to buy with them. Your apps should either download to the device automatically or already show up as "purchased" when you search for them and it'll be a free download. I haven't tried it with a tablet but tried it with multiple Android phones across different carriers.

Pardon me for asking this question but can let's say if I buy apps from Android Market will I be able to use on my other devices as well? I got couple apps for my phone and I'm wondering if I can use them for my tablet. From what I heard as long as I'm the only user then I should be ok because I can use the same account on Android Market for multiple devices? Btw does anyone has any success running these apps on a TouchPad with Android?

yes, you can use your purchased apps on all devices on which your google account is the one logged in. I shared apps between my phone and tablet when I had one. It doesn't guarantee compatibility across all devices, it guarantees availability though.

I really wish the android market let you choose if you want to send it to your device or not. I was uninstalling/stopping some of the apps I don't need right now because I'm about to root my phone. I had to rebuy a few apps because they auto-refunded me for simply uninstalling within 15 minutes (I didn't click the refund button on the app page).

So don't uninstall them before rooting, if you wipe it to root they'll just re download or be available for redownload anyway. Uninstalling them manually was an unnecessary step.

Last edited:
Yes, if you log onto your other Android device with the Google account you used to buy with them. Your apps should either download to the device automatically or already show up as "purchased" when you search for them and it'll be a free download. I haven't tried it with a tablet but tried it with multiple Android phones across different carriers.

yes, you can use your purchased apps on all devices on which your google account is the one logged in. I shared apps between my phone and tablet when I had one. It doesn't guarantee compatibility across all devices, it guarantees availability though.

Great, thank you guys. Now I just gotto put Android in my TouchPad and see. :D

Today's selection is looking pretty stale. Great Little War Game is the only good one I see up there, though I have no interest in sports apps.

Today's selection is looking pretty stale. Great Little War Game is the only good one I see up there, though I have no interest in sports apps.
i disagree. I think today is one of the best days

Really? What'd you buy? Edmondo and GLWG are repeats... Backstab looked cool but apparently its not compatible with my EVO 3D (first time I've ever run across an incompatible game)... The rest look meh, a Jenga videogame? Really?

Really? What'd you buy? Edmondo and GLWG are repeats... Backstab looked cool but apparently its not compatible with my EVO 3D (first time I've ever run across an incompatible game)... The rest look meh, a Jenga videogame? Really?

My take also. Only got SimCity and the kid's book today. Sports apps, Jenga, racing, meh.

Why do I only have 9 apps available? Shouldn't it be 10 everyday? Or was that not a guarantee?

EDIT: Nevermind. Backstab isn't showing up for some reason. Does that mean it's not compatible with my Droid Incredible?

Last edited:
Back