HOT - Android Market: 10 Billion Promo - 10 Days of 0.10 Premium Android Apps

The Star Chart app is breathtaking if you are a space nut like myself. I had no idea my old G2 could make stuff look that purdy.

How does it compare to the free Google Sky app? I have Google Sky and of course the graphics aren't as pretty, but I don't really care about that as long as I have a map of the sky. I guess what I'm wondering is if Star Chart has anything extra other than the visuals? I mean I should just grab it for 10 cents but I feel like I'm gonna bloat up my phone with all these deals lol.

I guess what I'm wondering is if Star Chart has anything extra other than the visuals? I mean I should just grab it for 10 cents but I feel like I'm gonna bloat up my phone with all these deals lol.

I had the same thought as I was reading your post hah. I'd say just try it out for 10 cents. Can always get rid of it.

FRUIT NINJA!!!!

Perfect, 1 games I was waiting for to go on sale, Minecraft and Fruit Ninja, this rocks!

FRUIT NINJA!!!!

Perfect, 1 games I was waiting for to go on sale, Minecraft and Fruit Ninja, this rocks!

Just so you know, you can get Fruit Ninja THD from getjar for free. You need a tegra device to download it but if your Android is rooted, then that is easy to bypass.

Anyone else getting their orders through, then hours later getting an "order cancellation because the transaction could not be completed in a reasonable time"? I bought several apps yesterday and all of them are now cancelled as of this afternoon :mad:.

Most of these apps were the Free App of the Day on the Amazon Appstore.

Havent received a cancellation e-mail yet, however all are "holds" on my account, a few have gone through fully though...

Anyone else getting their orders through, then hours later getting an "order cancellation because the transaction could not be completed in a reasonable time"? I bought several apps yesterday and all of them are now cancelled as of this afternoon :mad:.

How does it compare to the free Google Sky app? I have Google Sky and of course the graphics aren't as pretty, but I don't really care about that as long as I have a map of the sky. I guess what I'm wondering is if Star Chart has anything extra other than the visuals? I mean I should just grab it for 10 cents but I feel like I'm gonna bloat up my phone with all these deals lol.

The graphics are really nice. This was on the amazon 'free day' a while back. It really spruces up the graphics for the installations, etc. Well worth the .10 upgrade to the google sky app.

yeah I'm getting a lot of canceled transactions also

Oh fuck this Flick Golf game, I can not stop playing it.

Also called my CC company and told them there will be a lot of unusual transactions for 10 days so I do not get any of these random cancelations people are getting.

Last edited:
Just spoke to my bank...my 1 transaction that was cancelled (out of 6 orders) was NOT because of unusual activity.

I placed a call to Android Market about that 1 cancellation (SoundHound). It seems that the order went through, and because it couldn't get downloaded to the phone in a certain amount of time, the order was cancelled, and by the time the cancellation came, the price had gone back up.

I'll keep you guys informed as to what Android Market does, as it has been escalated. They seemed surprised that I have a receipt for the .10 sale, but that it was cancelled. What they have been seeing is it saying that it is .10, and when you click buy, it shows $4.99 (or whatever price).

Weird, amazon's market works better in that regard imo... Similar to the MP3 store. You make a purchase, it's added to your account, THEN it starts to download... It could get queue'd if it's wifi only or you lose signal, but it's already yours and you can even chose not to install it right away after downloaded. Of course Amazon has other drawbacks, slower updates being the biggest (tho it's gotten better about that). I still only head to Amazon for the free apps or specials tho.

Serious question...Why doesn't everybody just add it to their cell phone bill? Or is this not even an option for some phones/tablets?

(Just thought of an answer, is it because you don't own the account?)

Not trying to bash, seriously just asking..

Serious question...Why doesn't everybody just add it to their cell phone bill? Or is this not even an option for some phones/tablets?

(Just thought of an answer, is it because you don't own the account?)

Not trying to bash, seriously just asking..

As far as I know, that's not an option. Whether I try though the marketplace on my phone or my desktop browser, my only option is a CC.

As far as I know, that's not an option. Whether I try though the marketplace on my phone or my desktop browser, my only option is a CC.

Hmm...maybe it is only an AT&T/Sprint thing?

I have done it with both the Evo and the SGS2...

sprint-carrier-billing-android_0.png

Last edited:
That's only an option with certain carriers, and on certain phones I think (not sure about the latter). Personally I didn't have any trouble buying 10c apps late on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, even on my pokey Sprint 3G at my college's parking structure. Carrier billing's always seemed like a hassle to me anyway, I have a hard enough time keeping track of the constantly changing surcharges without adding apps into the mix.

I do have an issue on my TF tablet right now where I can't buy apps from my home broadband tho, paid apps don't show up under general searches and even when I arrive at them thru a direct link they show as incompatible with the tablet...

If I tether it to my phone or connect to a hotspot from the other major ISP in Puerto Rico then it works fine. Google's support is comically useless even tho it seems to be a huge problem with them flagging an entire ISP's IP range as foreign and not authorized for paid apps. First guy that emailed me back tried to tell me paid apps weren't supported in PR at all, apparently the millions of AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mo customers buying apps here every day are all ghosts... :rolleyes:

I have the free version of Sound Hound and dammit that I missed out on yesterday's dime deal. :mad:

I bit Reckless Racing Play. Even though I've had my Android phone since July, it's the first time I actually purchased an app. :eek:

i am fucking amazed that my bank hasn't flagged any of these purchases yet, especially since they've flagged every single indie bundle i've bought so far, resulting in a nice call asking me to confirm that the purchase is legit.

Beutiful Widgets
Reckless Racing
Fruit Ninja

$0.30

not bad! :)

Will these "on-sale" apps work on my niece's sony googletv ? Obviously it isn't a touchscreen.

Just spoke to my bank...my 1 transaction that was cancelled (out of 6 orders) was NOT because of unusual activity.

I placed a call to Android Market about that 1 cancellation (SoundHound). It seems that the order went through, and because it couldn't get downloaded to the phone in a certain amount of time, the order was cancelled, and by the time the cancellation came, the price had gone back up.

I'll keep you guys informed as to what Android Market does, as it has been escalated. They seemed surprised that I have a receipt for the .10 sale, but that it was cancelled. What they have been seeing is it saying that it is .10, and when you click buy, it shows $4.99 (or whatever price).
I was having the same problem with orders getting cancelled. What I started doing was going to the Android site and purchasing them there. Then, they get sent to your phone and downloaded when it is able to. Haven't seemed to have any more problems since then.

Thanks for the link.

Tetris is not compatible with my atrix? Wtf?

Guess we can count on ea to be as annoying as possible.

Well, I think I'm going to pass on all of today's offerings. See you guys tomorrow.

I'm bummed that I missed out on Minecraft for 10 cents. Grabbed Tetris today though.

I noticed some of the older ones are still listed and purchaseable for .10.

I just got Beautiful Widgets and Airsync for .10 each.

Minecraft and the war game are listed at full price though.

I was having the same problem with orders getting cancelled. What I started doing was going to the Android site and purchasing them there. Then, they get sent to your phone and downloaded when it is able to. Haven't seemed to have any more problems since then.

All of my orders have been from a PC on the android site.

Back