HOT - Android Market: 10 Billion Promo - 10 Days of 0.10 Premium Android Apps

I see 10 on the web version of the market, one of them might be incompatible with your device and not being displayed on it.

https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_timed_promotion

Yeah, I checked myself and saw that. I'm thinking it must be incompatible... Although, I can't even find Backstab by searching the android market on my phone. It doesn't show up at all unless I check on a different device. It's an interesting way of preventing people from making the mistake of purchasing an app that isn't compatible... but should I at least have the option of knowing the app even exists?

Same here, market app hides it, web just says its not compatible... I guess they went with an uncluttered look on the app, frankly I like it, nothing bugged me more on the Netflix app than seeing results for sutff that want available to stream.

What phones is Backstab compatible with the? Or not compatible with... I think I saw a review from a Sensation user, which is basically the same thing as the EVO 3D but with different radios/display and less memory, so why does it work on one and not the other?

Really? What'd you buy? Edmondo and GLWG are repeats... Backstab looked cool but apparently its not compatible with my EVO 3D (first time I've ever run across an incompatible game)... The rest look meh, a Jenga videogame? Really?

My take also. Only got SimCity and the kid's book today. Sports apps, Jenga, racing, meh.
I must have missed GLWG the first time. So, today, I bought:

GLWG
Sim City
The kids book (kids love em)
I bought Jenga (for $0.10....WTH. it gets decent reviews)
Backbreaker
Captain America (probably cheesy, but looks decent)
Raging Thunder

For $0.10, I'm willing to demo a game like Jenga or Captain America. Some of them might be repeats I missed the first time.

So I purchased Jenga but it keeps telling me I have insufficient space on my device. My phone shows 9gb available internal, 2gb external storage remaining so I clearly have enough room. I've tried downloading it both from the market on my phone and from my laptop and after restarting my phone with no luck. Any ideas?

edit: and I cleared internet and market cache per their troubleshooting directions

Last edited:
So I purchased Jenga but it keeps telling me I have insufficient space on my device. My phone shows 9gb available internal, 2gb external storage remaining so I clearly have enough room. I've tried downloading it both from the market on my phone and from my laptop and after restarting my phone with no luck. Any ideas?

edit: and I cleared internet and market cache per their troubleshooting directions

Yeah, I've had this issue with numerous apps that I bought during this deal. I think the Google Market app is just screwy...never, ever had this happen before.

I had that happen a lot on my old EVO 4G, unmounting the SD card and installing it, then after that remounting it, usually solved it.

So thus far I got:

Blue Skies Donation Wallpaper
ADWLauncher EX
Can Knockdown 2
The Sims 3
Jenga
Great Little War Game

I really liked the slide it keyboard since I am planning on getting the galaxy nexus and it doesn't have swype.

Yea, lots of repeats. WHat's the point?

And yea, GameDev Story is crazy addictive.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!! I'm just discovering this now?? I missed out on a bunch. Dangit.

Edit: Is the market just timing out for anyone else?

I had that happen a lot on my old EVO 4G, unmounting the SD card and installing it, then after that remounting it, usually solved it.

Tried but still no luck. I was hoping it was just Jenga, possibly, but I bought two more things and I still get the same error :(

Sound Hound is back! I'm going to get it this time around. Looks like they recycle the deals, I guess.

Sound Hound is back! I'm going to get it this time around. Looks like they recycle the deals, I guess.
Yeah, unfortunately it looks like they do. Oh well. First day or so was pretty sweet but now it seems pretty lackluster. :(

That said, Sound Hound is a fantastic app that I've been taking advantage of for months now and I definitely recommend it.

Yeah, clearing the data cache didn't work for me, either. I just ended up rebooting the phone and it worked after that.

Updated list, looks like they put FlightTrack on sale finally which is one of the things I wanted, and the SlideIT keyboard is back for those that did not get it before.

So yeah another day alot of repeats.

FlightTrack looks to be the only thing worth getting today :/

2 days left, less repeats please!

I am waiting till PowerAmp gets put on that list....

You & I both, expecially after the Winamp debacle. But I doubt it will be on special, dev does not seem the type, but who knows.

Where's my water is worth 10 cents easily especially if you have a kid in the house.

Blah, I bought Flightrack a couple weeks ago after basically trying the free version of every other flight status app (and a couple paid ones)... Oh well, gotten plenty of use out of it, definitely the best app of its kind IMO.

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like they do. Oh well. First day or so was pretty sweet but now it seems pretty lackluster. :(

That said, Sound Hound is a fantastic app that I've been taking advantage of for months now and I definitely recommend it.

Yeah, while repeats are annoying, for those like me that misses Sound Hound, I'm glad about it.

I think I'll also get the FlightTrack app, seems pretty cool and 4.3/5 rating is pretty good.

Yeah, while repeats are annoying, for those like me that misses Sound Hound, I'm glad about it.

I think I'll also get the FlightTrack app, seems pretty cool and 4.3/5 rating is pretty good.

I looked at FlightTrack but grabbed the free app Traveler by FlightStats instead. It's rated higher and 1/7th the size.

I'm glad I waited on purchasing Where's My Water (I have $1 Android credit on Amazon set to expire on the 15th) as I was hoping it would be one of the $.10 games. Now I have to find something else to spend the $1 on...

ugh i tried to purchase SlideIT keyboard. it caused an error when i tried to get it to bill to my att account. now its telling me i can install it but when i do it just says "app not purchased." my android market account on google says that ive purchased it, but attempts to send the app to my phone for a dl do nothing. its listed as purchase cancelled in google wallet. wth i ive been looking for a good keyboard app for a while and the market has to take a crap on me the day slideit is $.10.

ugh i tried to purchase SlideIT keyboard. it caused an error when i tried to get it to bill to my att account. now its telling me i can install it but when i do it just says "app not purchased." my android market account on google says that ive purchased it, but attempts to send the app to my phone for a dl do nothing. its listed as purchase cancelled in google wallet. wth i ive been looking for a good keyboard app for a while and the market has to take a crap on me the day slideit is $.10.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to buy an app last night. I was refunded my money and was reable to buy the app in the morning. You just have to wait for Google Wallet to process the cancellation sadly. =\

ATT.....

Some cool looking games today, but I wish they'd have more app apps rather than games.

I agree, we need some more aps before this promo is gone for good :)

Only 1 day left after today so chances aren't looking too good. I picked up ezPDF Reader off today's list was the only thing I saw worth buying switch I already got Swiftkey X the first day.

Thinking of getting Zenonia based off just this review:
Very good game. Reminded me of my favorite SNES game Secret of Mana! Very fun, controls were a little strange at first. But very entertaining.

That was one of my most favored RPG games along side Final Fantasy, anyone else try it yet?

Thinking of getting Zenonia based off just this review:
Very good game. Reminded me of my favorite SNES game Secret of Mana! Very fun, controls were a little strange at first. But very entertaining.

That was one of my most favored RPG games along side Final Fantasy, anyone else try it yet?

For 10 cents you might as well just get it and see.

Bought ZENONIA. Reminds me of Zelda and Final Fantasy when I had my Game Boy Original. Ah I miss those days. :(

Ugh... so many apps wanting access to the phone identity... If I was into conspiracy theories this would be a god start to something...

Ugh... so many apps wanting access to the phone identity... If I was into conspiracy theories this would be a god start to something...

Google operating system, offered for free, an ad supported app market, and you are surprised they want your personal info or device info?

A lot of it is lazy coding honestly, many apps ask for permissions they never even use, which is a security flaw that has always bothered me, not because of what they ask for, but because they ask for it without intent but now that app has access to that info built into the permissions which someone could use to get access without exclusively being granted access.

At any rate, yeah, anyone who carries an Android handset who thinks they have any shred of an expectation of privacy is sadly sadly mistaken.

Back