Doom Eternal

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by polonyc2, Jun 10, 2018.

1. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

There is that. Of course, I'd rather be spoiled for options more times a year than just the holiday season. Doom will probably be a good game to use as a break for Cyberpunk also. I actually play quite a few id games when I'm in the middle of big RPG-type stuff, because it's such a good contrast.

Armenius likes this.
  2. w35t

w35t [H]ard|Gawd

I basically binge every game until I'm done with it and move onto the next one, not that you don't make a good point.

We do still at least have Rick and Morty to look forward to in November o.o

KazeoHin, Aireoth, J3RK and 1 other person like this.
  3. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah, I'm kind of all over the board depending on the game. Some I will play right through in every available, waking minute until it's done. Some I'll play straight through, but at a more relaxed pace. Some I'll play a little bit, then play something else, come back to it, etc. I play most id games the first way. Squeezing them into my schedule, and playing as much as possible until they're done.

4. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

I wish I could do that. I play for 10 hours and get bored, usually. Unless the game really catches my attention then it's about 40-50 hours.

5. Aireoth

Aireoth 2[H]4U

I wish I could do that, if I don't focus on beating a game or at least getting a comfortable level of completion, I'll drop it and by the time I come back around I have completely forgot its nuances.

Sadly KC Deliverance is sitting on that pile for me after 50 hours, I want to finish it but the combat is so nuanced and different I just keep dying.

6. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

Want to hold your gun like it's 1994? Doom Eternal will let you, with Classic Weapon Pose in the options menu at launch (Doom 2016 added the option after launch)

DOOM Eternal - Classic Weapon View (Gameplay)

dgz, DooKey, DrezKill and 2 others like this.
  7. MISMCSA

MISMCSA 2[H]4U

Awesome! Thanks for posting.

8. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

anyone else remember offsetting the gun position in Quake and thinking "okay, this is the future"... who were we kidding

Armenius likes this.
  9. dgz

dgz [H]ardness Supreme

This thing is mesmerizing. Gameplay is asking for a DM component. Well, at least I am.

J3RK, Armenius and Lateralus like this.
  10. Pulsar

Pulsar Gawd

New trailer is out. Can't wait.

Niner21, DrezKill, polonyc2 and 4 others like this.
  11. socK

socK 2[H]4U

Dick status: HARD

Please don't be shit somehow

Armenius and KazeoHin like this.
  12. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

13. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

The more I see of this the more I think that this is tied into the original games somehow instead of simply superseding them.

14. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

new trailer looks epic...hopefully the extra few months helped them polish up the game

DrezKill, J3RK and Armenius like this.
  15. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

On the 26th anniversary stream I posted in the Doom 64 thread they showed off a bunch of changes they made to the game since last we saw it, including extensive HUD customization. It's nice to know they took criticism to heart. Now if only they will bring back classic deathmatch for multiplayer.

polonyc2 and J3RK like this.
  16. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Looks cool but $90 for the digital deluxe edition? Jesus.

17. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

That's one reason I buy a lot less "AAA" games these days and a lot more Indies and play a lot more retro games. Doom is something I'll pay that much for. Cyberpunk, and maybe a few others as well. I used to buy just about anything that I knew would be half decent. Now I'm very picky about what I'll buy, because I want the FULL game, which means spending $80+ usually to get it. It's actually a good thing I don't have a lot more time on my hands anymore. :D