Doom Eternal

I finally picked this up when this game came out around Covid 2020 there wasn't alot of OLED monitors out there I wonder if people had OLED display would have a Change of Heart back when they played it in their IPS or whatever.
Doubt it, it wasn't the visuals that people disliked, it was the change in gameplay over 2016.

The new games are good, but I think I prefer Doom when it is action survival horror rather than an arena shooter. I have had more fun with Doom 3 than the new ones even if it is not without flaws. I don't like that enemies can just teleport in out of nowhere and would have instead preferred to discover/destroy/evade monsters that were integrated into the environment. Something more like Alien: Isolation I guess where threats have more physicality. And there was the inexplicable flashlight silliness and things like that.

The new games are good, but I think I prefer Doom when it is action survival horror rather than an arena shooter. I have had more fun with Doom 3 than the new ones even if it is not without flaws. I don't like that enemies can just teleport in out of nowhere and would have instead preferred to discover/destroy/evade monsters that were integrated into the environment. Something more like Alien: Isolation I guess where threats have more physicality. And there was the inexplicable flashlight silliness and things like that.
I'm glad they didn't keep making more like Doom 3, the game was just too slow paced for me. I think some kind of offshoot doom survival horror series could work, sorta like alien isolation as you say. I actually enjoyed that despite typically not caring much for stealth games. Speaks to how good it was I guess.

I'm glad they didn't keep making more like Doom 3, the game was just too slow paced for me.
I agree. Doom 3 was a little too cramped and claustrophic I think.

I think some kind of offshoot doom survival horror series could work, sorta like alien isolation as you say. I actually enjoyed that despite typically not caring much for stealth games. Speaks to how good it was I guess.
That would be pretty cool.

I remember the Doom 3 IHV Alpha that was allegedly leaked by ATI. Of course, it was so unoptimized and ran like crap, but I really liked the 3 levels that were included and were disappointed when they didn't make it into the final game.

I remember the Doom 3 IHV Alpha that was allegedly leaked by ATI. Of course, it was so unoptimized and ran like crap, but I really liked the 3 levels that were included and were disappointed when they didn't make it into the final game.
That leak did have a pretty nice vibe. Not perfect and incomplete in many ways of course, but for a leaked tech demo it was interesting and intriguing. It had a hunt or be hunted (haunted?) feel to it that I enjoyed. That and the HL2 leak were so exciting back then..

I don't like the game refunded it the game suffers from what you should focus on at any given moment while playing thus resulting in a blinding experience.
I suppose a Borg from Star Trek might like the game since his eye is open all the way all the time.

Reactions: t1k
like this
I don't like the game refunded it the game suffers from what you should focus on at any given moment while playing thus resulting in a blinding experience.
I suppose a Borg from Star Trek might like the game since his eye is open all the way all the time.
I can understand why some would see it that way. In many ways it's just an arena shooter like the old unreal tournament games, just with a lot more complexity. I still enjoyed it but never have gotten around to playing the final DLC yet. I think I've had my fill of it though, it's a very intense game.

Back