Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Yea, I'm not having any trouble killing elites/champions right now. I just kite a bit even though I don't really have to do it.

Once I start having issues actually dropping the mobs, I'll start switching out some of Vitality focused gear for Intelligence. I have a nice Vitality/All resist chest piece with 3 vitality gems in it that I can easily swap out to gain 100+ Int. I've also got a shield that's focused on adding HP as well.

And yea, my main concern right now is avoiding death.

I finally did it last night i killed belial on inferno, kept getting fucked up on the second lot of bombs damn adreanline and tunnel vision. :D thank god though

Where is everyone getting all these good rare/legendary weapons/armor/etc in Diablo 3.... even at lvl 60, I tend to get crap.. while on the AH there are a lot of cool stuff.... I do not want to spend a 1mil on something that I could potentially find... is there any tips/tricks on getting good gear?

Where is everyone getting all these good rare/legendary weapons/armor/etc in Diablo 3.... even at lvl 60, I tend to get crap.. while on the AH there are a lot of cool stuff.... I do not want to spend a 1mil on something that I could potentially find... is there any tips/tricks on getting good gear?

I bought most of my good pieces. Stuff is getting a lot cheaper, even in hardcore. I can only imagine how flooded the market is in softcore.

what is the difference between softcore/hardcore? Are these different markets in AH or playing without dying?

This is my main issue with the game. The game is relativity easy to solo until you get into inferno. Without over gearing your self with gear from Act2/3/4 of inferno it is almost impossible to beat just by farming Act 1 inferno.

Hell my bow was like 300 dps when I got to inferno and I instantly bought a 1000 dps bow increasing my dps by like 18k.

Has anyone seen any mention or official statement from blizzard about the lag? I am really hoping they're going to address this, rubber banding is not okay. Rabble rabble.

Act 3 and 4 mate, thats where they drop. You need to farm act 1 get money and gear from AH and kill belial then your on easy street for gear.

I finally did it last night i killed belial on inferno, kept getting fucked up on the second lot of bombs damn adreanline and tunnel vision. :D thank god though

After finally getting around to trying to progress the other night, I ran into a wall at phase 2 of the Belial fight. Literally everything in the fight 1-shots me, so I have to play it perfectly. From what I understand, you have to do enough damage to him, so you only have to deal with a few of the snakes that spawn. I apparently don't do enough damage for that yet, because I can't push him to p3 before getting overwhelmed by snakes. I guess I need to try to get a hold of a 1100+ dps weapon because my 990 dps one isn't cutting it.

Act 3 and 4 mate, thats where they drop. You need to farm act 1 get money and gear from AH and kill belial then your on easy street for gear.

You don't need to kill Belial.

You guys do know a bug exists where if you leave a game on Hell difficulty in the middle of say Act 4 and then click on public games you can join a game on inferno with that same difficulty.

You guys do know a bug exists where if you leave a game on Hell difficulty in the middle of say Act 4 and then click on public games you can join a game on inferno with that same difficulty.

Does it perm the waypoints?

After finally getting around to trying to progress the other night, I ran into a wall at phase 2 of the Belial fight. Literally everything in the fight 1-shots me, so I have to play it perfectly. From what I understand, you have to do enough damage to him, so you only have to deal with a few of the snakes that spawn. I apparently don't do enough damage for that yet, because I can't push him to p3 before getting overwhelmed by snakes. I guess I need to try to get a hold of a 1100+ dps weapon because my 990 dps one isn't cutting it.

What class are you?

Just made it out of Nitemare mode with my wizard. Not having a huge challenge in Hell Act 1, but have a sense my 18k life, 2.3k dps and resists around 120 aren't going to cut it for long.

Been having fun running with the freezing frost nova (increased criticals version), lowered arcane cost blizzard, ice armor, and arcane recharge chain lighting as my main, and the swirling ice storm as the secondary. Passives are the extra damage to frozen enemies, reduced cool-down by 1 second for each crit, and the extra life recharge when armor active.

Worked surprisingly well in Nitemare, drop a couple blizzards in the middle of a mob, run to that spot and hit the frost nova, then swirling ice storm until they are 90% dead, fire a couple chain lightnings to get a few criticals and repeat. Archon in case of stronger mobs, or anything with teleport. No doubt too dangerous to consider farther into the difficult ramp, but powers through things for the time being despite low dps.

You could just get whatever waypoint/quest you want from a friend who's further than you in progression.

I think it really breaks and trivializes "progression". Once in inferno, I had very little motivation to progress on my 2nd and 3rd characters since my main had already cleared Inferno. I just grabbed some key waypoints from buddies and tested some waters in different acts. Other than that, those characters have largely been benched since it's more effective to farm on the best geared character, leaving no incentive to play the others.

This just adds to the list of why Inferno is not fun and is broken.

I have been farming the 3rd ghost in inferno for 4 days - made about 500 essences and 100 tears and a few of the really rare meteor rocks or whatevers. But not one of the rare drops has had over 800 dps. The 800+ have all been blue with no stats. I run with 190MF on too. I can't actually get gear I could use. So annoying. I want to get something I can actually use for goodness sake.

I have been farming the 3rd ghost in inferno for 4 days - made about 500 essences and 100 tears and a few of the really rare meteor rocks or whatevers. But not one of the rare drops has had over 800 dps. The 800+ have all been blue with no stats. I run with 190MF on too. I can't actually get gear I could use. So annoying. I want to get something I can actually use for goodness sake.

Because everyone is abusing the aspects thats probably why.

Because everyone is abusing the aspects thats probably why.

Considering I can't get anything to drop in Act 1 Inferno that would actually help me in Acts 2/3 why wouldn't people farm what they can? I should not get level 51/52/53/54/55/56 items in Inferno. A level 51 100dps weapon in inferno is just complete trash.

Im fully aware of this bug, Not tried it myself simply because id rather work on a hard boss then just do it the Ez way, much more rewarding feeling.

Hats off to you HC guys I just couldn't take losing the guy. I'd quit the game before starting over.

What class are you?

Demon Hunter...which is supposed to be the easiest class to kill him on....if you can get to p3 anyway.

I know once I make it to p3, I basically win. It's the getting there that's the hard part for me. I've been avoiding just getting a waypoint from friends that are farther than I am because I rather do it myself.

Hats off to you HC guys I just couldn't take losing the guy. I'd quit the game before starting over.
I got as far as killing the skeleton king on normal with my monk, and was too chicken to go any further, lol. I'll probably try and finish normal difficulty on of those days, but I doubt I'll get farther than that.

Anyway, I recently started browsing through AH, and what the hell is with people trying to sell stuff for 2000000000000000000 gold? :rolleyes: Some of the prices are just absurd.

Demon Hunter...which is supposed to be the easiest class to kill him on....if you can get to p3 anyway.

I know once I make it to p3, I basically win. It's the getting there that's the hard part for me. I've been avoiding just getting a waypoint from friends that are farther than I am because I rather do it myself.

What's your dps right now?

If anyone is online and wouldn't mind helping me out, I'm looking for an A3 Hell waypoint so I can level up my Barb. I'm in game now as JohnnyWalker#1316

Thanks.

My DH friends are having the same problems with Inferno Belial. Phase 1 and 2 just own then due too the adds one shotting. I've carried a couple friends through on my Monk which can breeze through the fight with no problems at all.

I been reading a bunch of posts of people seeking the 30 day refund. Would anyone that has gone down this route care to explain the details? Is this for boxed versions? Digital download versions? How do you intiate this process?

It was for the digital versions in every case I saw. Bliz has a 30(?) day refund period.

I got as far as killing the skeleton king on normal with my monk, and was too chicken to go any further, lol. I'll probably try and finish normal difficulty on of those days, but I doubt I'll get farther than that.

Anyway, I recently started browsing through AH, and what the hell is with people trying to sell stuff for 2000000000000000000 gold? :rolleyes: Some of the prices are just absurd.

I guess they want to use the AH as an additional stash since you can have 50 items in there.

Submit a ticket with the following information.

Refund or Exchange

Action: Refund or Exchange

Reason for Refund/Exchange:

Battle.net Account E-mail Address:

Name:

Order Number:

Estimated package dimensions and weight: Digital download

Description and Cost of Merchandise:

Your Shipping Address:

Any additional comments:

You will get this response in a few days.

Your refund request for Diablo III has been processed and approved!

Your refund will take the form of a credit directly back to the method of payment used. This will take between 5-10 business days depending on the speed of your financial institution in processing such refunds.

Please note that your Diablo III account has been downgraded to a Starter Edition. This of course means you will no longer have access to content beyond the Skeleton King encounter and will be otherwise limited. Should you choose to rebuy the game at a later date, it will upgrade your Starter back into a Standard (or Collectors, if the appropriate purchase is made), regaining old characters and progress.

In essence, if you ever hear that the game improves dramatically, you can just buy the game again and get all of your characters back.

I been reading a bunch of posts of people seeking the 30 day refund. Would anyone that has gone down this route care to explain the details? Is this for boxed versions? Digital download versions? How do you intiate this process?
There's a phone number about halfway down this thread for returning physical copies. I read somewhere else that you just mail them box/contents with receipt and you get a refund. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578589843?page=2

You have to remember there is a million+ people playing the game, which leads to plenty of set/legendary items on the Auction House. Blizzard decreased the drop rates for set/legendary (compared to Diablo 2) to take into account the millions of players finding and putting items on the AH, which is why you hardly find anything.

You may not want to spend money on the AH, but that's just the way the game was built. It was built around the use of the AH. If you buy a $1m item and then you find something equal, just sell the other one. No real loss there.

No real tips/tricks on getting good gear.. just stack MF, get five stacks of Nephalem Valor (you get this at 60, one stack per elite group) and I'll wish you good luck. :)

You're not breaking down those blue 800+ DPS for mats, are you? Those things sell pretty well on the AH (the one-handers anyway). For example (just because it's in my head), 880 DPS 1-handers sell within ~5 mins if you put them up for 340k.

My DH friends are having the same problems with Inferno Belial. Phase 1 and 2 just own then due too the adds one shotting. I've carried a couple friends through on my Monk which can breeze through the fight with no problems at all.

The only way I could get through this fight was with 2 tanks and another DH. One tank for Belial, another for the adds. Surprisingly the DPS was adequate. Then phase 3 was retarded easy because with 3 other people to resurrect you can make millions of mistakes.

That said, later on with much better gear I went back and it was a cakewalk. It's probably the biggest gearcheck boss in the game.

You're not breaking down those blue 800+ DPS for mats, are you? Those things sell pretty well on the AH (the one-handers anyway). For example (just because it's in my head), 880 DPS 1-handers sell within ~5 mins if you put them up for 340k.

You're way undercutting, I sold a blue 860 DPS 1-hander axe yesterday for 850k.

Seems to me they should have made more more servers. Like, 4 for each timezone in the US. Decrease lag that way. AND, have each server have its own AH economy so drop rates could be brought up to a decent level.

Whaaaaat? Granted i don't look at the AH that much, but how can a blue which vendors for 600 gold sell for over 300,000 gold? They drop all the time!

You're way undercutting, I sold a blue 860 DPS 1-hander axe yesterday for 850k.

While I may be undercutting, I'm not "way undercutting" (I do about 10-20% undercut). Basically all I do in the game right now is do things in the Auction House, and you must have been pretty lucky to sell that thing for 850k (unless it was a yellow). In fact, I have been playing with items in the 150-200k range for the past two days, and 860dps items fall right in there. It makes a steep jump in price when you go up slightly in dps from there (880 340k, 890 400k, 900 500k+).

Whaaaaat? Granted i don't look at the AH that much, but how can a blue which vendors for 600 gold sell for over 300,000 gold? They drop all the time!
Now you know! :)

Back