• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So, I just want to make sure I understand where they are headed.

There will be no more AH (which is fine).

Legendaries and Set items are account bound except for two hours after being found with the party members present.

So there will not be any sort of trading or economy to aquire gear? You have to farm it?

Seems they went complete retard to the other side.
 
So, I just want to make sure I understand where they are headed.

There will be no more AH (which is fine).

Legendaries and Set items are account bound except for two hours after being found with the party members present.

So there will not be any sort of trading or economy to aquire gear? You have to farm it?

Seems they went complete retard to the other side.

Yes all that is true. To be honest, I actually like the direction they are going. I play with a small group of friends so the two hour limit doesn't bother me. It also looks like most of this expansion is very crafting heavy which I like. Gold is also account bound so it looks like gold spammers should be done now.

It just seems like they are trying to make it so any legendary you find can be made use of. Either through trading with a party member, rerolling the stats on it, using it for a different kind of build, or for an alt.

I really don't know why there is so much trolling on this expansion. Is it diablo 2? Absolutely not. If I wanted more diablo 2 I would play diablo 2(which I still do).
 
The expansion looks great and the direction they are taking it.

I just feel there should be a middle ground for trading (for lack of a better term).

They took it way overboard at launch, then when that didn't work went completely the other direction. If I need a piece to complete a build I want to try and trade with the stuff that drops for me.

I completely agree that the gold spammers need to go away.
 
You should be able to trade items in some way and I don't see a two hour trade limit with the characters present being all that useful. Removing trade completely and it becomes a pure grind fest. Admittedly I have not played since 6-8 months after release but unless drop rates become reasonable it will be horrid.

I would like to play again but they don't seem to be becoming more rational just stupid in the other extreme.
 
So, I just want to make sure I understand where they are headed.

There will be no more AH (which is fine).

Legendaries and Set items are account bound except for two hours after being found with the party members present.

So there will not be any sort of trading or economy to aquire gear? You have to farm it?

Seems they went complete retard to the other side.

This is blizzard were talking about. If you played wow and followed balance changes, this is how they change things. Ita either full retard in one direction or the other. This is the same blizz that buffed wave of light by 900%, one monk move out of no where, while leaving every other class alone.

Their shit don't make sense.
 
I think the problem with Blizzard is they tend to favor data-driven balancing over anything else.

This is pretty noticeable in StarCraft 2, there's a case right now where Terran vs Protoss is pretty heavily Protoss favored and many players (including pro-gamers) were complaining about it. Blizzard then put up a post explaining how it's not as imbalanced as people think it is because their data shows it's a near 50/50 winrate for both sides.

So if they see a skill isn't being used as much as the others, they'll probably randomly buff it and vice versa.
 
I think the problem with Blizzard is they tend to favor data-driven balancing over anything else.

This is pretty noticeable in StarCraft 2, there's a case right now where Terran vs Protoss is pretty heavily Protoss favored and many players (including pro-gamers) were complaining about it. Blizzard then put up a post explaining how it's not as imbalanced as people think it is because their data shows it's a near 50/50 winrate for both sides.

So if they see a skill isn't being used as much as the others, they'll probably randomly buff it and vice versa.

It's similar to how Valve 'balances' TF2 these days: "Hmm, no one is using the Short Circuit. Let's reduce the ammo cost to 5, make it fire as fast as a pistol, and still allow it to destroy all projectiles it touches."

Stats-driven balancing is fine (like win-loss ratios, etc.), but you can't only look at a couple of stats (like % use) and then willy-nilly jack the stats of one unit/weapon/item through the roof as though that thing operates in a vacuum - not if you want balance anyway. 50:50 win ratio is one piece of data, but you could also look closer and find out that a large portion of the Terran wins are cheesy "do this or lose to Protoss" type scenarios (as an example); that's not satisfying for players even if it's satisfying for the high level stats guys.
 
Yea it's all fine and dandy to look at that information and use it to make educated decisions, but IMO if you are designing or balancing a game you should be required to play said game.
 
At least Loot 2.0 seems to be much better and you'll have an incentive to actually play instead of playing Ebay :p
 
The trading issue is not an easy problem to solve. Simply removing the AH doesn't fix anything, people would simply turn to other avenues like d2jsp or sitting in trade channel all day to look for all the items they want.

Maybe if they ease up the restrictions on item drops, such as allow the items to be traded to anyone in your Real ID friends list for up to 2 in-game hours, regardless if they were in your party or not. Downside is this would also probably just force people to create Real ID trading clans with hundreds of members in each.
 
The auction house was awesome.

It allowed me to try out pretty much every item and build in the game, which extended the replay value without having to grind for items that I just want to try out.

the items being shitty with no synergy or thought put into them however was a huge issue which people incorrectly think was caused by or tied to the auction house.

loot 2.0 should fix some of the items issues and the removal of the auction house does nothing really aside from lower the overhead at blizzard and splash a little water on peoples misdirected rage.


To each their own though if the auction house somehow ruined the game for you hope in with some like minded friends and enjoy.




For me Dark Souls 2 until this expansion pack is brought down to a reasonable price....which 40 bucks is not.....I have tons of money but I don't want blizzard to think that 40 bucks for 1 extra character and act is worth 40 bucks.....Pretty sure they have another character and act lined up as well which they hope to suck another 40 bucks out of.
 
The auction house was awesome.

It allowed me to try out pretty much every item and build in the game, which extended the replay value without having to grind for items that I just want to try out.

The auction house destroyed the game and didn't add any replayability. Why spend hours playing the game and using the "lottery" system that the game is built upon as intended when you could just let someone else do all the work for you?

Where is the fun in that? Where is the excitement of finding items? Nowhere that's where.

The Auction House was Jay Wilson and crews sick little microtransaction fantasy system to make more money for Blizzard at the expense of alienating their fanbase.

That is not Diablo. Not even close.
 
The auction house destroyed the game and didn't add any replayability. Why spend hours playing the game and using the "lottery" system that the game is built upon as intended when you could just let someone else do all the work for you?

Where is the fun in that? Where is the excitement of finding items? Nowhere that's where.

The Auction House was Jay Wilson and crews sick little microtransaction fantasy system to make more money for Blizzard at the expense of alienating their fanbase.

That is not Diablo. Not even close.

It wasn't the ah in and of itself, but rather the shitty ass drop rates they chose to go with.
 
The auction house destroyed the game and didn't add any replayability. Why spend hours playing the game and using the "lottery" system that the game is built upon as intended when you could just let someone else do all the work for you?

Where is the fun in that? Where is the excitement of finding items? Nowhere that's where.

The Auction House was Jay Wilson and crews sick little microtransaction fantasy system to make more money for Blizzard at the expense of alienating their fanbase.

That is not Diablo. Not even close.

People still spouting this bullshit. No one was ever forced to use the AH. Just like no one is forced to trade in Path of Exile. However, if you want to go as fast as you possibly can through everything, you're going to do these things. These types of games in general are a complete joke. The games are focused more on "economy" than actually being an enjoyable experience. People will hate on the game more with stuff being account bound and no AH. I'm calling it right now. People play these games to get items. They'll take the easiest path no matter what. It can't be fixed because the entire point of the game is to just mindlessly kill shit to hit the jackpot. It's exactly the same reward structure as gambling and it's the reason people play these horrible games. Let's be serious here. Games like Diablo 3 and Path of Exile aren't exactly the deepest, challenging games out there. They are just slot machines with fancy graphics.
 
People still spouting this bullshit. No one was ever forced to use the AH.


In-game drops were/are tied to AH... so once it was flooded with BiS items, you had very little chance of finding one by 'farming'..... so, that being said people WERE forced to use the AH if they wanted the 'BiS' gear....

EDIT: added the word 'are'
 
In-game drops were/are tied to AH... so once it was flooded with BiS items, you had very little chance of finding one by 'farming'..... so, that being said people WERE forced to use the AH if they wanted the 'BiS' gear....

EDIT: added the word 'are'

Like I said, you were never forced to use it. You chose to use it because you wanted something immediately. Spamming trade chat isn't a better experience. I promise you. There is a reason that an outside AH-like indexing system was developed for Path of Exile. Trading fucking sucks. These games don't work without it though.
 
In-game drops were/are tied to AH... so once it was flooded with BiS items, you had very little chance of finding one by 'farming'..... so, that being said people WERE forced to use the AH if they wanted the 'BiS' gear....

EDIT: added the word 'are'

If you want BiS gear for any random stat fixed ARPG, you'll be looking to real money trading (sanctioned or not) for that gear.

It's not like perfect roll 6 socket ethereal colossus blades were being handed out like candy in D2. Then came the farming zod with astronomically low drop rates, and then forming the BotD runeword with perfectly rolled stat on them was even harder. You would have better odds winning the lottery than getting all that on your own.
 
People still spouting this bullshit. No one was ever forced to use the AH.

Yes, you were. You were forced to play with people who did and with a game that had it. Even if you swore you would never use the AH, if you had friends that played the game and used the AH, you were forced to witness it. There was no getting away from it, you couldn't simply close your eyes and ignore it. It was/is part of the game.
 
Last edited:
Yes, you were. You were forced to play with people who did and with a game that had it. Even if you swore you would never use the AH, if you had friends that played the game and used the AH, you were forced to witness it. There was no getting away from it, you couldn't simply close your eyes and ignore it. It was/is part of the game.

Keep telling yourself that. Many people played entirely self found or solo. It's not as fast, and that's why most people don't do it. They don't really want a game with no trading. It doesnt work for most people because it doesnt make sense in this genre.

Like I said, people will bitch more with no AH and account bound items. Its only a matter of time.
 
If you want BiS gear for any random stat fixed ARPG, you'll be looking to real money trading (sanctioned or not) for that gear.

It's not like perfect roll 6 socket ethereal colossus blades were being handed out like candy in D2. Then came the farming zod with astronomically low drop rates, and then forming the BotD runeword with perfectly rolled stat on them was even harder. You would have better odds winning the lottery than getting all that on your own.

That's sad but true . . . . what I don't like is that even here in D3 with an AH, the drop rates on set items and such are really really low. Although today I found 2 legendaries while playing in multiplayer games on Nightmare. Before today, I probably only saw 1 or 2 legendaries drop.

Set items, I don't like how low the drop rate is, they are practically non existent except in the AH, complete opposite of D2, where you could find practically all set items with enough playthrus or some Baal runs or Diablo runs or whatever it is you wanted to do. Not so in D3, seems like a once in a blue moon drop.
 
Awesome info. Thanks a lot!

Here is a link to my character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sickbones-1174/hero/3397008

So if I follow that run it should work in mp4 just about?

Is there a specific run this is called?

It's called an Alcatraz run something like that...Alc named after the world's first Paragon lvl 100. He took this route over and over again. Your gear looks pretty good. Pretty nice barb overall. Upgrading your +100 CD dmg gems to +110% gems each would help in your weapons if your looking to improve. Then getting a Mempo of Twlight with 5% or so CC and well as AIS...to take advantage of the massive amount of CD on your weapons, gloves, belt, etc
 
So here's a little PTR report. I started a Barb from scratch last night, and went from 1-17 before calling it a night. I got 2 legendaries, one off the Skelly King (Odyn Son hammer), and a Fjord Cutter (one handed axe) off a random mob, and tried my hand at crafting myself upgrades for my level. Crafting is actually rewarding and you can craft yourself decent items. You WILL want your gold for crafting in the expansion, I can tell you that right now. I know others have mentioned that, but I am saying it's WORTH having gold for in the expansion.

Anyway, I think Loot 2.0 is a HUGE improvement, I mean 2 legendaries in 3 hours? That's more than I found in my first 25 hour runthru on my Demon Hunter back in 2012 when the game first came out, which was 0 Legendaries!

As good as all this is, it makes me wonder how Blizz could have fucked up so badly when D3 first came out in 2012 . . . .
 
As good as all this is, it makes me wonder how Blizz could have fucked up so badly when D3 first came out in 2012 . . . .

Being forced to give a damn in order to sell an expansion? At launch they still had the good name of Diablo to sell their game :)
 
But you don't have to buy the expansion to get the better drops

While true, it is not a coincidence that their game-renewing patch will be dropping the same week that they will be looking to sell a $40 expansion. ;)
 
Anyone make any hardcore characters? I'm gonna hardcore it up tonight for the first time
 
Damn. Played some Diablo 3 PTR tonight. Spent 4 and a half hours leveling my Hardcore Mode Monk from 1-20 without stopping, and let's just say that this loot and crafting system is so good, I have a rare or legendary in every slot except my amulet slot and chest slot. I had to disenchant 2 legendaries because they weren't good enough anymore lol. This is the game that Diablo 3 shoulda been when it came out in 2012 . . . I'm having fun playing Hardcore Mode. Too bad next month on 3/25, if my Monk doesn't die before then, it'll be for nothing anyway lol.

Remember, this is Hardcore mode, I had no Hardcore characters on the live servers, so I had nothing to copy over, so this was all totally from scratch. I think you guys will be real pleased with it. I'm going to try to keep going as long as my Monk is alive.
 
Can't wait for March 25th to roll around to try the new Loot 2.0. For the PTR or whatever, is there any character continuity between that and the "final" version, or will they likely do a wipe when the actual patch comes out?
 
Anyone make any hardcore characters? I'm gonna hardcore it up tonight for the first time

once I finish the game on inferno once, then I'll give hardcore a go. I am about to finish hell difficulty with my wizard lev 59. I have died maybe 6 or 8 times with this character... once I just jumped in after not paying for a while and got my ass handed to me by swam of elites.. that kind of shit scares me about hardcore.. if that was it for my char I would be upset. going to have to be careful. but I guess that's part of the excitement. :eek: :eek: :cool:
 
Can't wait for March 25th to roll around to try the new Loot 2.0. For the PTR or whatever, is there any character continuity between that and the "final" version, or will they likely do a wipe when the actual patch comes out?

PTR stands for Public Test Realm. It's a completely separate server from Live so anything you do in the PTR stays in the PTR.
 
once I finish the game on inferno once, then I'll give hardcore a go. I am about to finish hell difficulty with my wizard lev 59. I have died maybe 6 or 8 times with this character... once I just jumped in after not paying for a while and got my ass handed to me by swam of elites.. that kind of shit scares me about hardcore.. if that was it for my char I would be upset. going to have to be careful. but I guess that's part of the excitement. :eek: :eek: :cool:



HellsThunder#1596
 
once I finish the game on inferno once, then I'll give hardcore a go. I am about to finish hell difficulty with my wizard lev 59. I have died maybe 6 or 8 times with this character... once I just jumped in after not paying for a while and got my ass handed to me by swam of elites.. that kind of shit scares me about hardcore.. if that was it for my char I would be upset. going to have to be careful. but I guess that's part of the excitement. :eek: :eek: :cool:

I did that the other night with my HC Wizard. Had been playing PoE for the past few months and, after checking out the PTR for an evening, decided to grab a couple of paragon levels on my Wiz on the live server...except that I was back to the boring vanilla skills so I decided to "try something new" and ended up dying when the spec turned out to be not so good. PoE and D3 play soo differently though that there is certainly an adjustment period when you switch.

At least archived heroes still count toward the account-wide paragon exp in 2.0! :p
 
Seriously, after playing my WD on the ptr, I have zero motivation to play with the live damage numbers. All of the skills I like on the WD are buffed from like 70% wep dmg to 500% wep dmg with the 2.01 patch.

It makes the build I've always wanted to play viable. Going with the crappy dmg skills until the patch is just not motivating. There's rumor of 2.01 next week, so that would be nice, but I'm not counting on it.
 
Back
Top