• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I'm on my phone so I can't read the patch notes linked, but did they remove the AH with this patch?
 
I would like to take a crack at crafting some loot 2.0 Hellfire rings... Currently have 2 infernal machines on me and a handful of keys (need some more Act III keys to make more machines).

I've been running Torment 2/3 on PTR and have been OK. Before that I was running MP4-8 depending on what I was trying to farm.
 
I just fired up Diablo 3 (servers ARE still down, but you can start the application and go to the login screen, obviously), and what happened is instead of the normal Diablo 3 screen, we get the Reaper of Souls screen!
 
I mean you can't really ignore the rampant duping and hacking in the console versions though. It's gotten to the point where some people don't even know what's a real or hacked item anymore.
 
Just viewing the patch notes for 2.0.1...

BOSSES
* Many bosses have had their mechanics revisited and retuned
- The following bosses have received the largest changes to their encounters
-- Maghda
-- Siegebreaker
-- Azmodan
-- Iskatu
- In addition, the enrage timers for the following Bosses will only be enabled in Torment I and above
-- The Butcher
-- Zoltun Kulle
-- Belial
-- Ghom
-- Siegebreaker
-- Rakanoth

Seriously? They're bringing back enrage timers? Hope your numbers are high enough or the game will arbitrarily kill you! Great.
 
Just viewing the patch notes for 2.0.1...



Seriously? They're bringing back enrage timers? Hope your numbers are high enough or the game will arbitrarily kill you! Great.

yea, it's a completely retarded mechanic. If you want to take 20 minutes to kill the boss on a harder difficulty, that should be your choice.
 
I didn't notice in the notes if they changed the white item breakdowns. On PTR you had to keep your white items to salvage them for the generic compound for crafting items. Does anyone know if I'm keeping the whites or just walking by them?
 
Anything that was using lifesteal @ level 60 is screwed. My understanding was that lifesteal was hot for Barbs.
 
I am so glad I am at work and I am actually glad they are implementing this now so that the actual release should be ok, hopefully.
 
It's at 10% effectiveness at max level right now. By the time RoS hits and you hit level 70 cap, it will be 0% effective.

I figured. Useless anymore. Bah. Looks like I won't be playing today. Servers delayed until 10 pm my time.
 
Bah. Looks like I won't be playing today. Servers delayed until 10 pm my time.

Yorp.

I really think Blizzard should just announce that they are going to take down servers for 24 hours so no one gets their hopes up. Then if they finish early, it's a nice surprise rather than the annoyance of them extending the maintenance/updates out.

It's the basic business concept of: "under-promise, over-deliver." Sadly in our always on, information saturated, mega-hyped world, it's very rare to have any company do that these days, at least any company that is B2C as opposed to B2B.

Well, at least I'm all patched up anyway. I haven't really played in about 5-6 months, so it will be nice to see the loot 2.0 improvements and other game enhancements in general. I think it was wise for Blizzard to release this before RoS, so that everyone who felt burned by Diablo III's initial release would have the opportunity to see if the game improvements are worth the value of purchasing the expansion.
 
Last edited:
I figured. Useless anymore. Bah. Looks like I won't be playing today. Servers delayed until 10 pm my time.

Yea this lifesteal nerf is one i don't understand at all. Why make it completely ineffective? how does that make any fucking sense? So you'll have a mod roll which is even more worthless than PoE's 'reduced requirements' and 'increased light radius'? Is this some kinda underground aRPG competition?

See who can make the most worthless stat... and--GO!
 
Apparently Blizz had a hardware failure that is pushing back the servers coming back up.

Servers have been pushed back until 11 P.M. PST
 
Last edited:
Looks like we can download the patch, at least.

The reliance on servers for this game was a silly decision in the first place, and remains silly.
 
I spend most of the game playing by myself anyway, it's just more fun when there are no distractions.
 
I probably played 90% of the game with friends....best way to play it for me becuase even if the game isn't perfect playing with firends makes it time well spent.

Install D3 and the Internets aren't fucking around today getting 20 MB/s + download speeds
 
I probably played 90% of the game with friends....best way to play it for me becuase even if the game isn't perfect playing with firends makes it time well spent.

Install D3 and the Internets aren't fucking around today getting 20 MB/s + download speeds


You comment makes me curious.. Have you internets been unreliable lately?
 
Yea this lifesteal nerf is one i don't understand at all. Why make it completely ineffective? how does that make any fucking sense? So you'll have a mod roll which is even more worthless than PoE's 'reduced requirements' and 'increased light radius'? Is this some kinda underground aRPG competition?

See who can make the most worthless stat... and--GO!

I was under the impression that lifesteal would not be rolling on new items, with the game instead focusing on life per second (regen), life on hit, and life per [resource] spent mods instead. The idea being that % lifesteal works too well when you've got characters hitting for 9,000,000 damage at a time. Their choice to reduce it to 10% effectiveness (and lower as you get to level 70) is basically their way of saying the legacy lifesteal items would be OP in the 2.0.1 version of the game, so find something else ASAP.

As far as gearing goes, not having to discount an otherwise-awesome weapon due to a lack of lifesteal will be better than the old system. I don't really know why Barbs were the only class with the luxury of lifesteal on belts, but that disparity will be remedied as well at least.
 
Yea this lifesteal nerf is one i don't understand at all. Why make it completely ineffective? how does that make any fucking sense? So you'll have a mod roll which is even more worthless than PoE's 'reduced requirements' and 'increased light radius'? Is this some kinda underground aRPG competition?

See who can make the most worthless stat... and--GO!

Because it won't roll anymore.
 
Shizzle, that's good news. That means when I get home, I can get some pizza and drink and get my game on. I just friggin wish we had the expansion already, I really wanna play a Crusader!

As it is I will probably do some Hardcore Mode, the 2.0 patch benefits hardcore mode greatly because of the improved and Smart Loot system.

Edit: that's assuming that the servers don't go down.
 
Back
Top