• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Tomorrow when I wake up, this will be waiting for me to play. Very nice.

Got me a bottle of Wild Turkey ready to go as well. Got munchies, drinking stuff, new pc. It's all ready to go. Gonna be a nice week.
 
Not even sure I'll play with anyone at first. Think I kind of want to do normal by myself the first time, enjoy the story and atmosphere go at my own pace. But you never know sometimes friends want to play.
 
Sigh, Wal mart didn't get any Ce's in my area and it's a super walmart. Not a single fucking CE.

Gamestop didn't get any extra, only pre orders.

Ordered online and it's delayed so no diablo 3 for me tonight.
 
Sigh, Wal mart didn't get any Ce's in my area and it's a super walmart. Not a single fucking CE.

Gamestop didn't get any extra, only pre orders.

Ordered online and it's delayed so no diablo 3 for me tonight.

I was originally going to buy a CE but they were sold out months ago in my area. Online orders need time to ship so I just went with a normal digital version.
 
Sigh, Wal mart didn't get any Ce's in my area and it's a super walmart. Not a single fucking CE.

Gamestop didn't get any extra, only pre orders.

Ordered online and it's delayed so no diablo 3 for me tonight.

Why not just buy the Digital Edition directly from Blizzard?
 
Digital version for the win.

Box art is nice, DVD's are nice. But in the age of 5-10-20MB internet, or personal backups (which you should be doing anyway) Not having a physical disc is pretty cool.

If you are into all the extra collectors stuff that's nice.

Optimal solution would be for retailers to offer the regular version of the game like normal, personally I think they should knock off $5 dollars since they are savings on materials and production of physical goods.

For the collectors editions -- let them preload and download the same thing I have, and just ship them the artwork and goodies the day of. That way they get their toys and are gaming at the same time as the rest of us. (instead of relying on the UPS or FedEx man to deliver their box which might be at 7:30pm when the rest of us have been gaming for 15 hours :)

I don't have to work till thursday - however I got a 3 hour road trip ahead of me back home to my place in DFW. Been working outside on a fun car audio project so I'm pretty beat. I doubt I will make it to 2am or whatever. Assuming no jammed servers either.
 
Planned on calling in sick tomorrow anyway, but now have a 103.5 temperature.

FML :(
 
Planned on calling in sick tomorrow anyway, but now have a 103.5 temperature.

FML :(

Games are the perfect antidote for sickness; gets your mind off it. :cool:

Hope you feel better though. D3 should cheer you up quickly.
 
just a head up to anyone who pre-ordered formt he blzzard store (and annual pass subscribers) the game is up now. I wa sable to start the installer from my pre-load an hour ago and just came back to my computer. Everything is installed and ready to go. Game launched fine.

Anyone using eyefinity like me make sure you select windowed full screen and it uses your eyefinity resulution just fine (same little graphicle issues from beta like very far sides not always rendering and UI not centered though).
 
Rats. First video game I've bought in like 4-5 years.... Work at 9am tomorrow and its only 11pm now. Doesn't look like I'll get to play til tomorrow night :mad:
 
Not even sure I'll play with anyone at first. Think I kind of want to do normal by myself the first time, enjoy the story and atmosphere go at my own pace. But you never know sometimes friends want to play.

Same, I'll probably play through once by myself at my own pace. I hate having to keep up with others rushing ahead when I'm in an area I haven't seen before.
 
If you've preloaded the installer is unlocked! For some reason it refused to installed to my B: drive... had to install it to D:...

download.php

Even the login screen looks like wow :eek:
 
FWIW, if you click on 'cinematics', the ACT I is already available to watch. If the remaining cinematics will be similar to that one, I will be disappointed.
 
when you guys try to login at that login screen (after you've installed) does it say there's no D3 license tied to your Bnet account??
 
trying to decide whether diablo iii is worth picking up

I enjoyed diablo 2 for what it was, and I tried the open beta and it seemed ok, but what do you all think? One thing I did notice was that the world seemed to look incredibly... bland. Coming of a game like trine/trine 2 the textures look like charcoal and ash, and it's not just the setting, it's the quality of the art and world design... meh.
 
Okay, every person who bought a boxed copy will get a starter edition key. Just wait until they start offering them up and try it before you buy.
 
trying to decide whether diablo iii is worth picking up

I enjoyed diablo 2 for what it was, and I tried the open beta and it seemed ok, but what do you all think? One thing I did notice was that the world seemed to look incredibly... bland. Coming of a game like trine/trine 2 the textures look like charcoal and ash, and it's not just the setting, it's the quality of the art and world design... meh.

A few European people are streaming D3 if you wanted to watch them play it, mostly just act 1 so far from what I saw.
 
just a head up to anyone who pre-ordered formt he blzzard store (and annual pass subscribers) the game is up now. I wa sable to start the installer from my pre-load an hour ago and just came back to my computer. Everything is installed and ready to go. Game launched fine.

Anyone using eyefinity like me make sure you select windowed full screen and it uses your eyefinity resulution just fine (same little graphicle issues from beta like very far sides not always rendering and UI not centered though).

Nice! I can live with the issues.
 
So, I went to post on the forums after reading that if you can't post you're not going to be able to login... and despite Diablo III showing in my battle.net account as ACTIVE, I get an error if I hover over the reply to thread button saying "This game license is expired or has been cancelled." So I'm assuming I won't be able to login... how can I solve this? Many in the Asia launch purportedly had this happen...
 
So, I went to post on the forums after reading that if you can't post you're not going to be able to login... and despite Diablo III showing in my battle.net account as ACTIVE, I get an error if I hover over the reply to thread button saying "This game license is expired or has been cancelled." So I'm assuming I won't be able to login... how can I solve this? Many in the Asia launch purportedly had this happen...

I'm going to assume you're on the American servers, and say that they aren't live until 12 PDT. If you're on the European servers then you'll probably have to submit a thread to blizzard technical support.
 
I'm going to assume you're on the American servers, and say that they aren't live until 12 PDT. If you're on the European servers then you'll probably have to submit a thread to blizzard technical support.

Yep, people claiming to be on the American server region are posting, though, hence my confusion :confused: . If I'm not supposed to be able to, woot then :).
 
Anybody have a spare guest pass I can have? Please please!

GF won't let me purchase the actual game until after I pass my board exams...and I missed out on the open beta weekend..sigh.

If you do have one available, please send it via PM. Greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
 
:(

GF is only looking out for me. I know good enough that I won't be able to study efficiently if I I had the actual game installed.

I know how you feel. I have 2 finals tomorrow and one more on Wednesday... Why couldn't this have released on the 17th!? Then I wouldn't be so tempted to play.
 
Did someone say there are starter keys or something ? I'd love one too. I'm not sure I'm going to get this game.
 
aaaaaaaaand im in :D

shit false alarm... made it to the agreements only to get server's busy error after

of course this wouldn't have worked out as planned.
 
Back
Top