• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I'll only be playing with a friend at midnight, so we'll have 2 spots in our party open. It doesn't sound like you want to be in any rush to get through the game so you'd fit right in :)

Question: Are people referenced by their character names ever? (or is it all battletag)
it was battletag during the demo in terms of finding/adding friends

and it's battletag plus four digits, btw
if you haven't already assigned that name you might want to do it now before the servers get taxed. It was an issue during the stress test where people who hadn't requested that couldn't log into the servers. I don't know if that was every resolved or if it was working as intended because I quit watching the forums and played since I had minimal issues getting in
 
Question: Are people referenced by their character names ever? (or is it all battletag)

Battletag... I'm not really sure what the point of character names are really, except when they might reference that name along the story text or something.

I can't remember what mine is - Furiak#1156 maybe
 
I'll only be playing with a friend at midnight, so we'll have 2 spots in our party open. It doesn't sound like you want to be in any rush to get through the game so you'd fit right in :)

Question: Are people referenced by their character names ever? (or is it all battletag)

It is by battletag once you join a multiplayer game.

Wish they would make it your character name and have a way to see battle tags if you inspect them or something.
 
Thanks for all the replies. I guess i need to get into battle.net and check what i set my battle tag as.

I did find it lame that my character name wasn't really around in the beta. That's part of the RP in ARPG
 
I'll only be playing with a friend at midnight, so we'll have 2 spots in our party open. It doesn't sound like you want to be in any rush to get through the game so you'd fit right in :)

Question: Are people referenced by their character names ever? (or is it all battletag)

yeah man I hate playing with pubs they just run through the entire thing its lame ;P

nice to hear theres others out there that like taking their time!
 
Sweet chocomonkey. My battletag is Kaidao#1465, anyone else can add me too unless you're an asshole. Then please don't.

Oh and I added this Battle.net authenticator thing without really knowing what it is. I thought it was just if some unusual activity was going on with my account that I would need to input the auntheticator. Turns out, I have to use my phone to get the authenticator code every single time I login. Kinda annoying haha
 
Sweet chocomonkey. My battletag is Kaidao#1465, anyone else can add me too unless you're an asshole. Then please don't.

Oh and I added this Battle.net authenticator thing without really knowing what it is. I thought it was just if some unusual activity was going on with my account that I would need to input the auntheticator. Turns out, I have to use my phone to get the authenticator code every single time I login. Kinda annoying haha

I'll add you just as soon as i can! (I have to be in diablo to do it right?)

DukeLeto#1627

What class do you plan on playing? Myself, i fancy the sorc from D2 so Wizard was the logical choice.
 
Mine is Business#1943 (lame numbers) and I have the same stipulations as Kaidao, lol. I'll be trying to enjoy the game as well
 
Battletag... I'm not really sure what the point of character names are really, except when they might reference that name along the story text or something.

I can't remember what mine is - Furiak#1156 maybe

If you could confirm it, I'll add your BT to the list in the thread that Intel_Hydralisk posted.
 
^^ yea i plan on being the last one in town each time, people in vent yelling at me to hurry the fuck up, but hey i'm busy lookin at shit!
 
I actually have the opposite issue... There are several groups of friends that will set out on Diablo 3 at varying times and are independent of each other. I cannot game with all of them! I will likely create several chars and play with people if they are approximately at the same area. I can't think of a good way to deal with this. I might just end up focusing on one character and playing largely by myself until I cannot anymore due to difficulty ramp ups later on.
 
I actually have the opposite issue... There are several groups of friends that will set out on Diablo 3 at varying times and are independent of each other. I cannot game with all of them! I will likely create several chars and play with people if they are approximately at the same area. I can't think of a good way to deal with this. I might just end up focusing on one character and playing largely by myself until I cannot anymore due to difficulty ramp ups later on.

I have a couple of friends that wont be able to play much and some that will be able to play too much.. should be interesting to see who I can play with ;P
 
I'll add you just as soon as i can! (I have to be in diablo to do it right?)

DukeLeto#1627

What class do you plan on playing? Myself, i fancy the sorc from D2 so Wizard was the logical choice.

I'll do the same. Yeah I think you need to be in Diablo before you can add someone. I don't see a way to do it through Battle.net's site.

Hmm I played mostly wizard during the open beta, and really enjoyed it, but I think I'll be either going with monk or witch doctor if you plan on going wizard. Witch doctor's pretty cool...I mean...jars of spiders...what's a more disgusting way to kill someone

@Intel_Hydralisk: The best way to deal with it is to power level your character, then when your friends start playing, blast through everything before they can even click on an enemy. This way, no one will want to play with you again so you no longer have that problem :D
 
So mad the fine folks over in Korea are already playing. Saw some live feeds of them playing it, grr, talk about rage quitting mighty fast after a few minutes of watching. (I don't speak/read Korean)
 
So mad the fine folks over in Korea are already playing. Saw some live feeds of them playing it, grr, talk about rage quitting mighty fast after a few minutes of watching. (I don't speak/read Korean)

yeah lame sauce
 
I guess I just don't understand why there is not a global release date. That seems sort of silly. Especially considering that the midnight NA release was not adjusted for time zones.
 
oh i see, so by the time it gets to NA the servers are crammed full huh?

(j/k, they have regional servers)

really hope there are no server issues @ launch... but considering the amount of people who played the open beta and the problems they kinked out because a lot of you were complaining that there were some issues which just means they now know whats wrong and fixed it :).
 
supposedly the Asia servers are offline.. digital copies of the game were not being properly authorized :OX
 
supposedly they almost got it fixed though. some what fast response... I guess we'll see how eu does.

Ahh the picture is becoming clearer!

Test shit out on the Asians, fix some bugs. Re-test on EU, fix a few more... perfect launch in NA!
 
I should never have signed up for that mobile authenticator thing... I just got my phone replaced because the screen cracked, and now, I can't sign into Battle.net because it is asking me for a code associated with my last phone. So dumb! Can't remove it until they review my request, which I had to scan my drivers license, just to get this thing off my account. How fucking stupid.
 
If you've preloaded the installer is unlocked! For some reason it refused to installed to my B: drive... had to install it to D:...

download.php
 
so I pre-order the CE from Target back in January, now they tell it wont be available until September even though it releases tomorrow...

grrrrrrrrrrrr
 
so I pre-order the CE from Target back in January, now they tell it wont be available until September even though it releases tomorrow...

grrrrrrrrrrrr

oh wtf? i'd be pissed!

I'm curious why so many people pre-ordered through retailers. What made you choose target?
 
I should never have signed up for that mobile authenticator thing... I just got my phone replaced because the screen cracked, and now, I can't sign into Battle.net because it is asking me for a code associated with my last phone. So dumb! Can't remove it until they review my request, which I had to scan my drivers license, just to get this thing off my account. How fucking stupid.


damn dude im sorry. let us know how fast they respond.. this makes me want to disable mine.
 
I should never have signed up for that mobile authenticator thing... I just got my phone replaced because the screen cracked, and now, I can't sign into Battle.net because it is asking me for a code associated with my last phone. So dumb! Can't remove it until they review my request, which I had to scan my drivers license, just to get this thing off my account. How fucking stupid.

When you associate it with a mobile authenticator they DO warn you that if you were to lose the phone or wipe it without first removing the auth that it'd be a hassle. If you were using an Android phone Titaninum backup with root access takes care of the backup nicely ;)
 
When you associate it with a mobile authenticator they DO warn you that if you were to lose the phone or wipe it without first removing the auth that it'd be a hassle. If you were using an Android phone Titaninum backup with root access takes care of the backup nicely ;)

yeah.... :( . I do root my android, but I don't use Titanium backup :(. Maybe this will get me to use it now lolz
 
If you've preloaded the installer is unlocked! For some reason it refused to installed to my B: drive... had to install it to D:...

download.php

YES.
Just 24 hours for me(work, took wednesday off:))..... :cool:

I'm so giddy, I'm going to go play PoE :p
 
yup. EU servers just went live and then tits-up in a matter of seconds. GG blizzard.
 
Servers are up,but can't log in.... never understood the reason why they had to put the "always online" rquirement for my single player game. I do not want battle net, I do not need it, I don't want to play with other people. I want to enjoy my single player game, which could be perfectly stored on my HDD, and would not require any kind of internet connection
 
Back
Top