Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

You have to consider all the facts. People have been buying and selling duped gear in Diablo 2 for the past 8 years. So as much as you consider it being about "finding cool gear" people have always had an outlet to buy gear, just one that usually wasn't the most honest.

Blizzard just decided to capitalize on an already existing market.

except they didn't realize that gold farmers/botters don't want to give blizzard 15% of their profits, so they still use their sites and spammers just as they did in D2 lol

After how they handled this game, most of my Diablo fix is likely to come from PoE or Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2. I will be playing all of those games with hopes that they will really bring something new to the genre.

Diablo 3 has just been pretty lackluster to me. I mean I'm not one of the guys who is begging for a refund, etc. I played through the game, cleared up to act 3 on inferno but why does it matter? I mean I get to grind out gear to make the game easier... greeeeaaaat... it's still the same game with the same areas, mechanics, monsters and boss fights on an infinite repeat.

I was a humongous Titan Quest fan because of how they handled class mechanics. It was a bit liberating to be able to mix two classes and come up with some off the wall build that somehow worked. I'm in the PoE beta and I absolutely love their skill tree and the way they handled abilities. I stopped playing that because I don't want to burn myself out before release. Grim Dawn seems like the most promising of the games coming out due to how hardcore the devs are. I haven't seen people this passionate about making a game in ages. That leaves Torchlight 2... which I guess I am a sucker for because of the soundtrack.... Matt Uelman = Nostalgia.

I would argue that Diablo 3 is the joke, and PoE isn't even touted as a final product.

The nice thing is, even without a real option to fully respec, you can alter your ability gems and sockets to potentially fit the passive choices you have made. Sure, you can gimp a character, but only if you didn't take more than 5 minutes to plan anything.

except they didn't realize that gold farmers/botters don't want to give blizzard 15% of their profits, so they still use their sites and spammers just as they did in D2 lol

Your average joe though is going to go with the "legit" option. So blizzard still comes out on top IMHO.

Holy fucking shit. I am selling my lengendaries or everything on my character. I could care less if I have to play the game in my MF gear.

Most legendaries are crap and will remain that way until the pvp patch when legendaries will get boosted quite a bit. The updated legendaries will only effect the ones found after the pvp patch hits. Blue has acknowledged that the legendaries right now are pretty weak compared to even blues.

so RMAH pricing is exactly like GAH

mostly idiotic and random

I want to see what items get sold on RMAH though because that will at least indicate how the market looks like

what is $ / 1M gold looking like on RMAH?

screenshot005.jpg

The price disparity right now is hilarious.

Can't believe it's actually live.

Props to Blizzard. I'm glad we don' thave it in HC though.

Look at Path of Exile... indie developers, and they've pulled-off outstanding visuals unseen in the Diablo-style genre of hack-n-slash. The game looking fucking amazing.

POE Discussion started on page 4. 225 pages later, I think we can drop it.

No they won't. That is like artists saying they don't want to give Apple 30 percent of their cut so they are going to sell products on their own site.

Good luck!

POE Discussion started on page 4. 225 pages later, I think we can drop it.

Who the fuck would read a 225 page thread? I don't see a problem with conversations repeating themselves in a thread this long.

No they won't. That is like artists saying they don't want to give Apple 30 percent of their cut so they are going to sell products on their own site.

Good luck!

Well, time will tell. I'm no gold farmer--i just know that i see plenty of spammers touting their item/gold selling sites.

If love to buy some cheap gear. I don't have time for shitty farming in shitty act I lol. Im hoping item prices stabilize to near d2 prices. I was able to totally outfit my hdin and litesorc for less than 20 bucks. Wishful thinking at least :)

Well, my friend apparently sold some rare boots (120str/Vit) with 80 all res and other stats for $60... Just wow at idiots.

If you ain't got the time to waste doing runs but you got the money, why the hell not?

Once you have the boots what exactly will you be farming for? Better boots? Better weapon? Hell, might as well buy that too..... then quit.

Once you have the boots what exactly will you be farming for? Better boots? Better weapon? Hell, might as well buy that too..... then quit.

You could say the same thing about most things in life. People are spending money.

Basically people who saved money are handing it over to someone else who may or may not hold or spend it.

Judging by the people who sit at home and play diablo all day 60 dollars a day could almost keep them off welfare if you are single and young.

Win-win in my book.

People can do whatever they want with their money. You shouldn't call them stupid. I bet many people would laugh in our faces if they saw how much money we spent on our gaming rigs.

I won't be using the RMAH, but I think it's fine. People would do it anyways. At least now they won't get scammed/hacked/etc because of shady third party dealers.

Edit: Beyond that, what's the difference between farming 5-10 million gold over many hours and not getting paid, and working 40 hours a week and making a couple thousand of which you spend $50-100 on something you enjoy?

If you don't want to use it, don't use it. There is nothing wrong with it though.

If you ain't got the time to waste doing runs but you got the money, why the hell not?

You could also watch YouTube videos of someone beating the game for you if you don't have time to learn how to play the game, and that's free

I'm sure prices will drop and stabilize quickly. I hope they made sure you can't money dupe like people did gold.

You could also watch YouTube videos of someone beating the game for you so you if you don't have time to learn how to play the game.

I'm sure prices will drop and stabilize quickly. I hope they made sure you can't money dupe like people did gold.

Could be said of anything. Time is money. There is NO difference between spending HOURS farming gold/items or spending some of the money you worked for instead.]

I just don't understand the RMAH right now. Items range between $1.25 and $250. What gets me is the stuff that is $250 isn't even good and the stuff at $1.25 is so terrible I would probably vendor it. They realize they are only making a fucking quarter if they sell it for $1.25 right?

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Popped up my Stormshield on the RMAH for $250 for shits n' giggles while I'm sitting here at work. It's the only one with a good block and dex, and I don't play anymore (aside from the AH), so no real loss if it doesn't sell. :)

Going to be interesting to see how the prices turn out. Wonder how much gold prices will fall. A friend of mine was making $300-400/day this past week before prices went down the shitter.

I just don't understand the RMAH right now. Items range between $1.25 and $250. What gets me is the stuff that is $250 isn't even good and the stuff at $1.25 is so terrible I would probably vendor it. They realize they are only making a fucking quarter if they sell it for $1.25 right?

So the day it's out you expect there to be people who sell stuff to be asking for appropriate prices?? Prices will even out. Also, just because they are asking that price does not mean it will sell for that price.

A quarter is good profit if you sell in mass quantities or you have a number of things to sell. I knew a guy who ran a dvd/game shop and he had to list about 100 online auctions a day in order to keep inventory in his 700 sqft shop.

for people looking to sell on RMAH, do not use the Balance option unless you plan on putting the funds back into RMAH or Blizzard store items

Bnet Balance can not be converted into cash. you have to choose Paypal before putting up the auction in order to get actual real money.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-balance-frequently-asked-questions-faq#q5

Indeed. I'm at work and cannot view the link so can't see if it mentions this, but with the Paypal transaction, you then have a 15% fee that gets deducted from your final sale amount (with the addition of $1 for Blizzard's cut), while the Bnet balance only gets docked the $1 when selling. All items have to actually sell too, in order to get any fees. Items are free to put up.

Indeed. I'm at work and cannot view the link so can't see if it mentions this, but with the Paypal transaction, you then have a 15% fee that gets deducted from your final sale amount (with the addition of $1 for Blizzard's cut), while the Bnet balance only gets docked the $1 when selling. All items have to actually sell too, in order to get any fees. Items are free to put up.

here you go

Can I convert my Battle.net Balance into cash?

Any amount you add to your Battle.net Balance, either through an approved payment method or by adding Diablo III auction house earnings to your Battle.net Balance, will not be refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and you are not able to convert that Balance into cash. Battle.net Balance can only be used to buy designated Blizzard Entertainment products and services or to acquire items from Diablo III's currency-based auction house. In certain regions, Diablo III players may choose to receive cash, rather than add to their Battle.net Balance, from the sale of an item from the currency-based auction house. Those players will be able to do so via PayPal for an additional fee. Players will need to determine which method they wish to use at the time they post their auction. For more information on the currency-based auction house, see the Auction House FAQ.

People can do whatever they want with their money. You shouldn't call them stupid. I bet many people would laugh in our faces if they saw how much money we spent on our gaming rigs.

I won't be using the RMAH, but I think it's fine. People would do it anyways. At least now they won't get scammed/hacked/etc because of shady third party dealers.

Edit: Beyond that, what's the difference between farming 5-10 million gold over many hours and not getting paid, and working 40 hours a week and making a couple thousand of which you spend $50-100 on something you enjoy?

If you don't want to use it, don't use it. There is nothing wrong with it though.

The difference is that once you have gear in a diablo game, the game is effectively over.

I learned this lesson the hard way, the only time i ever bought gear for real $ in diablo 2, after having gotten frustrated with not getting my item from lots of farm. I think maybe once i played with full gear--didn't touch it again after that rofl.

The person who farms gear is playing the game. What's the point of even buying the game if you're just going to pay more to get to the end? :confused:

The only thing that will give the RMAH merit (aside from people who get a hard-on from BiS gear), is PvP--specifically how often gear will make a difference. If someone in BiS gear is only fighting other people with BiS gear, wtf was the point in paying $500 for your set? You could have stayed in mediocre gear and fought people with mediocre gear.

Which is why i'm assuming that even at the top tiers of PvP, they'll still throw noobs to the slaughter to make it fun for the people who paid real monies.

Well, the prices are ridiculous. It's already flooded with overpriced gold prices and now they are selling the same items for hundreds of dollars.

The difference is that once you have gear in a diablo game, the game is effectively over.

I learned this lesson the hard way, the only time i ever bought gear for real $ in diablo 2, after having gotten frustrated with not getting my item from lots of farm. I think maybe once i played with full gear--didn't touch it again after that rofl.

The person who farms gear is playing the game. What's the point of even buying the game if you're just going to pay more to get to the end? :confused:

The only thing that will give the RMAH merit (aside from people who get a hard-on from BiS gear), is PvP--specifically how often gear will make a difference. If someone in BiS gear is only fighting other people with BiS gear, wtf was the point in paying $500 for your set? You could have stayed in mediocre gear and fought people with mediocre gear.

Which is why i'm assuming that even at the top tiers of PvP, they'll still throw noobs to the slaughter to make it fun for the people who paid real monies.

Well said. For instance I can beat any mob in inferno A1 because I have gear for that, but I have no desire to play since I know that I won't be able to find a good loot there. If the good loot is only available in Ac3-4, then really the game is over at Hell and no need to continue playing.

My only goal right now is to make $1 from the RMAH then I am done with this game until they patch it and fix itemization and crafting. I have no desire to farm for hours on Inferno to get a 200 dps weapons with all the wrong stats or spend a ridiculous amount of gold to craft a similar item...

My only goal right now is to make $1 from the RMAH then I am done with this game until they patch it and fix itemization and crafting. I have no desire to farm for hours on Inferno to get a 200 dps weapons with all the wrong stats or spend a ridiculous amount of gold to craft a similar item...

Lol, yeah I've learned that. After putting more than 60 hours on inferno A1 I've completely gave up on it.

I remember when I bought a few items on eBay. I think this was shortly after LoD came out, and I think I was 12-13 years old. I got a hold of my mom's credit card :)eek:) and bought an occy ring for $18 and a few ancient swords for around $15 each. Needless to say, I got my ass kicked hard for that.

Later I started getting into duping, and even programmed a series of simple bots. They were named Shrine-It, Dupe-It, etc that would supposedly give you unlimited shrine duration, let you dupe, etc. The end-user would put in their account/password in the .ini file and when they ran the bot, it would whisper me their info. I then had other bots which would go into random games and spam the website to find these bots. In the matter of weeks, I had every item I could ever dream of and tons of characters full of items (characters full of hex charms, etc). Sometimes when I logged on their accounts, their friends would ask if I could help transfer items for them. Of course I would accept, and then take the items they were attempting to transfer. That was around 9-10 years ago though before you could even link e-mails to your account, and I would never do that again since I actually have morals now. Brings back some fun memories though, and it's fun to tell.

Yes, I was a digital scumbag in my pre-teens. :(

Last edited:
Because that's the point of the end-game: farming better equipment. If you just buy all of that, what are you going to do then? There is nothing else. so.... pointless?

Back