• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

So, I don't want to admit how little time I have put into this so far, but is anything locked off after I get my augs 'fixed'?
 
One of the preview videos talked about how they improved direct combat and a couple of the brief gameplay videos I've seen since release have shown a lot of run and gun type play. Is stealth still as fun and rewarding, does the game force you into direct combat very often?

Playing Stealth is probably the most rewarding way to play this game imo. I've already completed a Stealth run and am in the midst of my lethal run now. They are both fun, even more so than HR, but the game still rewards Stealth / Non - Lethal more and feels more satisfying (to me at least) when stealthed through.

The whole micro transactions thing rubs me the wrong way but from a practical standpoint I'm more concerned about how it impacts gameplay. I've seen some comments that they're not necessary but I'm curious if anyone thinks the game has balance to encourage MTs or if they're basically just cheats that unbalance the game?

I've never taken advantage of the microtransaction, and frankly forgot they were even there (very unobtrusive, which still doesn't justify them). After starting my NG+ run, I had all the Augmentations before the Talos mission, if that tells you anything. I've just returned to Prague and I've 19 Praxis Kits I cannot use because I've already unlocked everything. The microtransactions are utterly optional and equally unneeded.
 
So, I don't want to admit how little time I have put into this so far, but is anything locked off after I get my augs 'fixed'?

No, all Augs are available after you are "fixed", including any you may have disabled earlier.

Also, there is NO shame in having a life and not getting much time to play video games. :D
 
Thanks for all the input. My concerns appear to be unfounded so I'll be picking this up once I get around to getting a new GPU
 
Even if the reason I'm so behind is D3 season 7, and NMS? :eek::D

Lol, I had 50 some hours in NMS while waiting for Mankind Divided. Took a break until they release more content. Fun game for the most part, but did get repetitive quickly.
 
Finally got a chance to play more of this game. So far I'm liking it a lot, but I still hate the hub area(s). I don't get why sometimes the train will just take you to the other side of the same region you were just in, or why your apartment and another small region are shown on your main map but are stuck behind a huge wall for some reason, forcing you to take the train again. I know it's a loading screen thing but I would MUCH rather just have a loading screen between areas rather than having to do the whole train cutscene thing. I honestly think my game is loaded about 5 seconds into the train cutscene and then it just keeps going for no reason just to finish the cutscene and make it seem "seamless".

Anyway, good game, transportation sucks.
 
Is the game worth buying now or waiting for all DLC to be packed into a gold-type edition? I'm in no rush, but I'm done being burned by season passes (with the exception of Witcher 3).
 
most games I just don't bother with DLC. witcher 3 I did, because I like the company and the DLC was going to be "meaty". But after I finish a game I can't see going back to it in a half year just to play 5 more hours of content.
 
Finally got a chance to play more of this game. So far I'm liking it a lot, but I still hate the hub area(s). I don't get why sometimes the train will just take you to the other side of the same region you were just in, or why your apartment and another small region are shown on your main map but are stuck behind a huge wall for some reason, forcing you to take the train again. I know it's a loading screen thing but I would MUCH rather just have a loading screen between areas rather than having to do the whole train cutscene thing. I honestly think my game is loaded about 5 seconds into the train cutscene and then it just keeps going for no reason just to finish the cutscene and make it seem "seamless".

Anyway, good game, transportation sucks.

You pick what stop you're going to at the train station. Three are in one zone and you can walk between them, one is where Jensen's apartment is, and one is a plot point. I thought Jensen's apartment was on the other side of the wall (or the tracks really) because that's the augmented side of town.
 
Learning to take the train took me more time than I'd care to admit. It's both a smart setup and a horrible one.
After B&E'ing my way across Prague, I finally moved on to the first major mission of the game. It's longer and more detailed than I expected. Probably about the size of the DLC mission in Human Revolution.

For the non-lethal folks, I think the Stun Gun might be the single best weapon in the game. At least up to this point, and it isn't even close. It brings down any normal humanoid in 1 shot and if you're close to the large mech opponents you can follow up with a takedown to take them out. You don't even have to be good at aiming. A center mass or shot in the foot works as well as one to the head. The only downsize is range, although the game gives you so many opportunities to sneak around that it's usually not that big of a deal. I have a stockpile of lethal weapons I'm barely using because they're simply not as good.
 
just a note, there is also an augmentation that allows you to take down two at once. makes a lot of the encounters simpler
 
Learning to take the train took me more time than I'd care to admit. It's both a smart setup and a horrible one.
After B&E'ing my way across Prague, I finally moved on to the first major mission of the game. It's longer and more detailed than I expected. Probably about the size of the DLC mission in Human Revolution.

For the non-lethal folks, I think the Stun Gun might be the single best weapon in the game. At least up to this point, and it isn't even close. It brings down any normal humanoid in 1 shot and if you're close to the large mech opponents you can follow up with a takedown to take them out. You don't even have to be good at aiming. A center mass or shot in the foot works as well as one to the head. The only downsize is range, although the game gives you so many opportunities to sneak around that it's usually not that big of a deal. I have a stockpile of lethal weapons I'm barely using because they're simply not as good.
I got the laser sight from Tars ("Tars is the man") early on and it's been great because it shows a dot only when you're in range. I began the game with the sniper tranq rifle and then re-did the beginning with the stungun and it's a lot more satisfying for me.
 
For the non-lethal folks, I think the Stun Gun might be the single best weapon in the game. At least up to this point, and it isn't even close. It brings down any normal humanoid in 1 shot and if you're close to the large mech opponents you can follow up with a takedown to take them out. You don't even have to be good at aiming. A center mass or shot in the foot works as well as one to the head. The only downsize is range, although the game gives you so many opportunities to sneak around that it's usually not that big of a deal. I have a stockpile of lethal weapons I'm barely using because they're simply not as good.

I still love parking in the rafters and procedurely picking people off with the Tranq Rifle (Silenced "Lancer" when going lethal), but you're right, the stun gun makes even "I didn't ask for this" easy.

just a note, there is also an augmentation that allows you to take down two at once. makes a lot of the encounters simpler

The Tesla Fist, which can be upgraded to take out 4 enemies at once. More useful than I initially thought, as it often allowed me to clear entire rooms from an elevated position. Had a riot with it in the Devali Theater.
 
I still love parking in the rafters and procedurely picking people off with the Tranq Rifle (Silenced "Lancer" when going lethal), but you're right, the stun gun makes even "I didn't ask for this" easy.
I found that in the early game, there's a whole lot of sway with the rifle (and no way to hold your breath).

The Tesla Fist, which can be upgraded to take out 4 enemies at once. More useful than I initially thought, as it often allowed me to clear entire rooms from an elevated position. Had a riot with it in the Devali Theater.
I heard reports that the Tesla aug wasn't exactly silent and could potentially trigger an alarmed state.
 
Early on you can get a silenced sniper rifle and a stun gun for free:

If you break into the weapons cache behind the shooting range at TF26, you can get both weapons plus some grenade launcher ammo. Security level 5 keypad but you can just break it with a multi-tool.
 
just a note, there is also an augmentation that allows you to take down two at once. makes a lot of the encounters simpler

Anyone else find this buggy as hell? In the first game it was my most used skill. Two people sitting? Doesn't work. One standing one sitting? Doesn't work. One civilian one cop? Doesn't work. Look at the screen funny? Doesn't work.
 
I found that in the early game, there's a whole lot of sway with the rifle (and no way to hold your breath).

True, until you put some points into your aim, there is a lot of sway.

I heard reports that the Tesla aug wasn't exactly silent and could potentially trigger an alarmed state.

You can lock on to several, but if you or them moves so that an obstacle gets in the way of even one, the noise can alert others close by. This is why I try to get elevated. If you fire before locking on, this can alert them too. It takes some getting used to, but once you do I found it rather useful.

They could definitely make so it's easier to do from cover. The cover itself got in my way once.
 
Early on you can get a silenced sniper rifle and a stun gun for free:

If you break into the weapons cache behind the shooting range at TF26, you can get both weapons plus some grenade launcher ammo. Security level 5 keypad but you can just break it with a multi-tool.

There is also a free Stun Gun early on:


In the bookstore where you get your Augs fixed, as you enter his trashed office, on your right behind a picture on a shelf. This is before you take his secret elevator down to his "dungeon".
 
When you switch ammo types for the same gun, it seems to consume whatever ammunition was loaded in the weapon.

For example I had a 10mm pistol, loaded with 14 rounds of regular. I switched to EMP rounds, the gun went to 0, the reload animation kicked in. I check my inventory and there are no more regular Brass Royals 10mm rounds. The EMP rounds are now loaded in the gun, and regular rounds are MIA.
 
If you're looking for free guns, you can actually find a TON of them in the first (real) combat mission. Without spoiling anything, it's the first one with its own map area.
Considering you barely need any (lethal) guns prior to that mission, you might as well just hold off until you do it. Pretty sure I ran into at least one of every weapon type available. No higher-level stuff, but some are pre-upgraded, too.
My inventory is typically full thanks to the Tranq and Battle Rifles taking up so much space. Luckily those two combined with a Stun Gun, 10mm, shotgun, and revolver is all you'll need early on. For that matter, Tranq and Stun are all I really ever use. I have Otar's Revolver for the drones and cameras. IMO, the rapid fire guns kinda suck.
 
Interesting. I'm curious if it will help or hurt performance. Tomb Raider actually performed a bit worse...at least it did when they first added it. No clue if that ever go straightened out.
MSAA is the only area I can't mess with, so I kinda doubt it'll do much for my situation.
 
Interesting. I'm curious if it will help or hurt performance. Tomb Raider actually performed a bit worse...at least it did when they first added it. No clue if that ever go straightened out.
MSAA is the only area I can't mess with, so I kinda doubt it'll do much for my situation.

I think they released a few DX12 patches for ROTR which helped Nvidia catch up to AMD...unless there's some dramatic turnaround it looks like AMD might finally have their big trump card over Nvidia (DX12 performance)...Nvidia might be hoping that Vulkan takes off...if only AMD would release a card like the GTX 1070 or 1080 I would be willing to jump ship...as it is, even with lower DX12 performance the Nvidia cards still seem better overall then anything from AMD
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't call DX12 a "trump card" for AMD...usually it seems like it just brings AMD in parity with nVidia.

Not to mention abysmal VR performance from AMD...no way I am switching any time soon.
 
I think they released a few DX12 patches for ROTR which helped Nvidia catch up to AMD...unless there's some dramatic turnaround it looks like AMD might finally have their big trump card over Nvidia (DX12 performance)...Nvidia might be hoping that Vulkan takes off...if only AMD would release a card like the GTX 1070 or 1080 I would be willing to jump ship...as it is, even with lower DX12 performance the Nvidia cards still seem better overall then anything from AMD

Truth- I always root for the underdog, and like what competition does for us on the consumer end of things, but at 1440p my next card is looking awfully green at this point. But I'm holding out as long as I can. :eek::p:rolleyes:
 
Is there any advantages to DX12 (graphical quality, input latency, etc), assuming the FPS/benchmarks are the same or close to DX11?
 
Last edited:
Is there any advantages to DX12 (graphical quality, input latency, etc), assuming the FPS/benchmarks are the same or close to DX11?

Good question. Is it literally just a performance patch for AMD (good for red owners, seriously) - or does it add anything else?
 
Don't see much of a speed boost with DX12 on my GTX 970. Anyone notice longer load times? Back to DX11.
 
Don't see much of a speed boost with DX12 on my GTX 970. Anyone notice longer load times? Back to DX11.
Patch is currently a disaster for Nvidia cards, avoid.
AMD getting gains of 10%+.

Also reports of a shadow flickering bug on both.
 
Patch is currently a disaster for Nvidia cards, avoid.
AMD getting gains of 10%+.

Also reports of a shadow flickering bug on both.
In-game performance is a disaster for both, apparently, at least according to ComputerBase. AMD is only showing gains in the benchmark.
imi4jGO.png
 
looks like DX12 is currently in beta and you need to opt-in via the Steam properties menu...Nixxes say their ‘final’ DX12 release will be on September 19th and include both feedback from people who’ve tried out the alternative API and support for multi-GPU set-ups (not currently present)....

has DX12 been a major disappointment so far or what
 
As an Nvidia owner (both older and newer cards), DX12 has been a whole lot of nothing. Then again, maybe the green team saw the writing on the wall and just didn't bother optimizing anything for it.
Seems like AMD owners see at least some occasional benefits from it.

Makes you wonder if it'll eventually pick up steam or if it'll be the bust that DX10 was.
 
looks like DX12 is currently in beta and you need to opt-in via the Steam properties menu...Nixxes say their ‘final’ DX12 release will be on September 19th and include both feedback from people who’ve tried out the alternative API and support for multi-GPU set-ups (not currently present)....

has DX12 been a major disappointment so far or what

As long publishers/developers tack it on it will remain a disappointment.
 
As an Nvidia owner (both older and newer cards), DX12 has been a whole lot of nothing. Then again, maybe the green team saw the writing on the wall and just didn't bother optimizing anything for it.
Seems like AMD owners see at least some occasional benefits from it.

Makes you wonder if it'll eventually pick up steam or if it'll be the bust that DX10 was.

Or more likely, NVIDIA is already well optimized in DX11, whereas when AMD shows gains in DX12 mode, its really just highlighting the extra overhead present in AMD's DX11 drivers.

In any case, just as predicted, DX11 will reign supreme for years to come as long as Win 7 & 8.1 combined account for half the marketshare of PC gamers.
 
In-game performance is a disaster for both, apparently, at least according to ComputerBase. AMD is only showing gains in the benchmark.
Ah, so it seems AMD/Nixxes are optimizing around a benchmark to mislead consumers. Disgusting, if you ask me.
 
Back
Top