PC Patch Notes For Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

HardOCP News

[H] News
Except for DirectX 12 support, the PC patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided read pretty much like you would expect. Blah, blah blah, fixed this. Blah, blah, blah, improved that. Blah, blah, blah performance increase. Here's what the Steam page says about getting DirectX 12 to work:

As of today, users are also able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:
  • Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
  • Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
  • From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.

is that how you do it. i didnt know. thought i would enable it in game graphics menu.

From what I've seen around the web, the 480 is almost even with a 1070, that doesn't sound right to me. Guess I'll wait for the [H] review!

Other sites have been concentrating on GPU benchmarks with this new DX12 patch. But as far as I understood, most of the benefits of DX12 were supposed to be had with the CPU. Steve, if possible, can you guys do CPU benchmarks instead, or at least alongside the GPU ones?

Why does Nvidia suck at DX12?

Because they are full tilt boogie with DX11 and gameworks' integration within it.

Meanwhile, never forget that a significant portion of AMD development from Mantle was imported into DX12 and Vulkan.

In a nutshell, NVidia Cards, while powerful, lack the hardware components needed to run DX12 as well as AMD, and therefore have to "emulate" it. That Emulation leads to overhead, which leads to diving FPS.

Guru3D is just using the built-in benchmark, which is much more intensive than anything you'll actually experience while playing the game. I'd wait for the [H] review.
Because they are full tilt boogie with DX11 and gameworks' integration within it.

Meanwhile, never forget that a significant portion of AMD development from Mantle was imported into DX12 and Vulkan.

In a nutshell, NVidia Cards, while powerful, lack the hardware components needed to run DX12 as well as AMD, and therefore have to "emulate" it. That Emulation leads to overhead, which leads to diving FPS.
Gameworks is middleware; there is no "integration" of it within DX11.

NVIDIA isn't emulating anything in regards to DX12, even with Maxwell.

Being an AMD "sponsored" game, there is probably IHV-specific code including the use of async shaders for AMD while there is no IHV-specific code for NVIDIA. This is the issue many people have been concerned with in regards to DX12: it takes the responsibility of optimizing a game for hardware away from the IHV driver teams and puts it in the hands of the developers.

There seems to be a massive difference between the built-in benchmark and actual gameplay, especially under DX12.
DirectX-12-Benchmarks von Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Seite 2)

imi4jGO.png

Still no patch to fix the unskippable cutscenes?
They can be skipped by pressing spacebar, but you'll have to suffer through about half of the first one.

Disregard my stupid comment, for some reason I thought you were talking about the intro videos.

If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.

So, performance loss and no visual differences. Don't think I'll be bothering with it, personally.

Has Nvidia released a driver for Deus Ex DX12 yet?

Unless they aren't going to, trying to compare Nvidia vs. AMD in DX 12 is not the best idea. Plus, there are reports of bugs going on for Nvidia cards anyway. Good for AMD cards through.

Guru3D is just using the built-in benchmark, which is much more intensive than anything you'll actually experience while playing the game. I'd wait for the [H] review.

Gameworks is middleware; there is no "integration" of it within DX11.

NVIDIA isn't emulating anything in regards to DX12, even with Maxwell.

Being an AMD "sponsored" game, there is probably IHV-specific code including the use of async shaders for AMD while there is no IHV-specific code for NVIDIA. This is the issue many people have been concerned with in regards to DX12: it takes the responsibility of optimizing a game for hardware away from the IHV driver teams and puts it in the hands of the developers.

So wait - the developers who made the game, are now accountable for how it performs? THE HORROR! :/

Back