• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

When I went into TF29 for the first time I was throwing boxes at people to get them to get up from their keyboards. :p
Wish I would have thought of that.

Second run through is going great. Hoping to get the no alerts achievement this time. Can't believe how many little things I missed on my first play.
 
new DX12 patch was released today...again you need to opt-in to receive it since it's technically still in beta...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.4 build 545.5_P6
  • Fixed a DirectX 12 crash at start-up.
  • Reduced DirectX 12 CPU usage for better performance.
  • Slightly reduced system memory usage.
 
I wonder if load times are still horrible. I'll give it a go over the weekend. The "final" DX patch comes this week, so if this isn't a big jump the final probably won't be either.
 
Second run through is going great. Can't believe how many little things I missed on my first play.

I'm effectively on my 4th run (between PS4 & PC) and I am still finding things I must have been blind to before. Little things at this point, but still things inside Prague I must have run past a few dozen times.

Most of it I missed because of verticallity, indoors and out, but a fair amount is also because I didn't have certain Augs during the early game (before Talos Mission; Prague changes after this mission). It seems, to find everything, we really need to be doing a NG+ run with level 5 hacking, max leg & arm strength, the wall breaking Aug, Remote Hacking and maxed Social Enhancer at the start of the game. Otherwise, you can miss things. Even then, you have to search every balcony, roof, ceiling, vent, door and occasionally random objects inside a room, to find everything. It's a daunting untertaking, lol.
 
new DX12 patch was released today...again you need to opt-in to receive it since it's technically still in beta...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.4 build 545.5_P6
  • Fixed a DirectX 12 crash at start-up.
  • Reduced DirectX 12 CPU usage for better performance.
  • Slightly reduced system memory usage.

Performance seems a little better, I ran around for like 5 minutes and it seemed pretty near DX11 rather than a blatant loss but I was just eyeballing it.
 
Playing this like a traditional shooter or like Duke Nuke Em? Play something else.
I always played Deus Ex as a lethal/stealth approach. HR too, but I have noticed with HR that my typical DX approach was more difficult. Things would go wrong more easily and i'd have to load quicksaves often. I feel like this wasn't the case in the original... at least as often.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I always played Deus Ex as a lethal/stealth approach. HR too, but I have noticed with HR that my typical DX approach was more difficult. Things would go wrong more easily and i'd have to load quicksaves often. I feel like this wasn't the case in the original... at least as often.


"Give me Deus Ex" felt like a nice, healthy challenge in this without being unfair and stupid.

The setting after that where you make one mistake and you have to restart the entire game no matter what? My blood pressure can't take that. ;)
 
Performance seems a little better, I ran around for like 5 minutes and it seemed pretty near DX11 rather than a blatant loss but I was just eyeballing it.

Thanks for the report...I'll give it a try this weekend.
 
"Give me Deus Ex" felt like a nice, healthy challenge in this without being unfair and stupid.

The setting after that where you make one mistake and you have to restart the entire game no matter what? My blood pressure can't take that. ;)

I am on the same page. I got about 3 hrs into a permadeath run before forgetting I no longer had the lung aug and died in a gaseous area. I may eventually try again later, but I'll likely skip all the side missions and do a speed run through the main quests.
 
Is this happening to anybody else?
GTX 1080, driver version 372.70, Win 10 Anniversary update, DX11

Tesselation Off:
YMfM3WZ.jpg


Tesselation On:
GJFL9zw.jpg
 
Last edited:
Naturally that tessellation is just ushering forth previously unforetold levels of realism by taking us to such stratospheric wire rendering heights that your feeble brain simply cannot comprehend its futuristic and true intended form
 
Naturally that tessellation is just ushering forth previously unforetold levels of realism by taking us to such stratospheric wire rendering heights that your feeble brain simply cannot comprehend its futuristic and true intended form

Be on the lookout for some PMs and emails from GPU vendor marketing people. ;)
 
Is this happening to anybody else?
GTX 1080, driver version 372.70, Win 10 Anniversary update, DX11

Tesselation Off:

Tesselation On:
I've not seen this specific location, but I did see this in an interior location of Utulek. I'm on a GTX 1080 with current drivers.

On my first playthrough, I looked up the word "utulek" on Google, went to images and saw pictures of sad dogs in cages; translate wasn't much help, but I figure the game location is named accordingly.
 
I've not seen this specific location, but I did see this in an interior location of Utulek. I'm on a GTX 1080 with current drivers.

On my first playthrough, I looked up the word "utulek" on Google, went to images and saw pictures of sad dogs in cages; translate wasn't much help, but I figure the game location is named accordingly.

It happens all over the place for me, but only on the black cables.
Útulek means animal shelter in Czech. The game is kinda hit and miss with how accurate the languge is. Voiceovers for cops and quite a few texts are mostly gramatically correct, but then there are some phrases are so mangled it's kinda funny.
 
  • Like
Reactions: djoye
like this
I've asked a friend to test, happens to him too.
He's on an R9 390, Win 8 and 16.9.1 Hotfix. So it's not only related to Nvidia cards.
 
Finished the first Jensen's Stories entry and messing around in Breach. Not bad.
 
Won the final mission. I played around with the final battle a bit and found it to be "inconsistent." I'll just leave it at that.
I also realized that I never actually got any of the pre-buy stuff in my storage container...LOL. Looks like I missed out on a couple guns, some money and a praxis. Oh well!
 
Won the final mission. I played around with the final battle a bit and found it to be "inconsistent." I'll just leave it at that.
I also realized that I never actually got any of the pre-buy stuff in my storage container...LOL. Looks like I missed out on a couple guns, some money and a praxis. Oh well!

Well now you can set up a "master save" like people talk about, because all of the money and stuff are one time use.
 
How long is it?


3-4 hours or so if you are very thorough and turn over every stone.

This is the kind of item where in a year or two when we get Deus Ex Mankind Division Director's Cut it will be a really nice sidequest that factors into the main quest in the chronology. It takes place fairly early into things and the investigation after "the incident" occurs that kicks off this game's story.
 
Is this happening to anybody else?
GTX 1080, driver version 372.70, Win 10 Anniversary update, DX11

Tesselation Off:
YMfM3WZ.jpg


Tesselation On:
GJFL9zw.jpg

Yes. Saw this inside of Redit Station in Golem City last night. 980ti SLI, same drivers, Win 10.
 
Graphically I think this game actually looks pretty damn good. Performance could be better, though.

The animations and lip-syncing though...terrible, lol.

BTW - Tried the DX12 patch. Performance was no better, in some cases worse, and I noticed a lot of stutter as well as some weird shadow glitches. Went back to DX11.
 
So I've beaten the game.
And I have to say I'm disappointed - mechanically it's much better than HR, but the pacing is totally off (I had 25 hours of play time before even starting the first post-tutorial main mission) and the story is outright abysmal. Remember DX1 and all it's interesting locales, high stakes and philosophical questions? We do too, now go catch some terrorists.
Oh and somebody at Squenix should be stood at a wall and shot - unskippable ending credits my ass.
 
Does the side mission with Sarif ever resolve? It still shows up in my missions list as me having completed "Talk to David Sarif" but it's just been sitting there for many, many hours now.
 
Does the side mission with Sarif ever resolve? It still shows up in my missions list as me having completed "Talk to David Sarif" but it's just been sitting there for many, many hours now.
He'll eventually call you every time you get back to Prague from somewhere else, after the third time you'll get a 'resolution'.
 
So I've beaten the game.
And I have to say I'm disappointed - mechanically it's much better than HR, but the pacing is totally off (I had 25 hours of play time before even starting the first post-tutorial main mission) and the story is outright abysmal. Remember DX1 and all it's interesting locales, high stakes and philosophical questions? We do too, now go catch some terrorists.
Oh and somebody at Squenix should be stood at a wall and shot - unskippable ending credits my ass.
The story was a bit of a letdown but not too bad. Maybe they couldn't find decent writers or were being cheap.

I would have preferred more locations which would have kept the game from being boring at times. Going back to the same areas over and over got old.

Deus Ex was always about the gameplay and MD did it well. Sadly, none of the sequels have been able to top DX1.
 
The story was a bit of a letdown but not too bad. Maybe they couldn't find decent writers or were being cheap.

Square Enix had Eidoes Montreal split the game in two so they could make a trilogy out of it (more money). Consequently they had to find a decent point at which to split it and work in an ending. Initially the main story was longer and more in depth, but I'm guessing the world and side missions would not have been as involved.

The assumption is the next game will be the story heavy weight, but we'll have to wait and see.
 
if you want a DX1 successor, try chaser. a bit dated and ignored but I found it to be a really solid game with great shooting. For the last upgrade, on windows 8.1 seems to load a whole lot slower. I have gotten to the point where it says to finish all your side missions but the sarrif mission does not resolve? kind of silly. This is a really good game but for stealth they have put in too much reliance on vents. World also feels dead. you can leave a bunch of bodies everywhere, come back later, and nobody has noticed, nothing has changed.
 
Yeah, the knock-out mechanic is a bit odd. People stay knocked out for the entirety of the game, which feels...wrong. It makes backtracking easier but maybe it shouldn't be that easy? It would be cooler if maybe they woke up eventually and next time there were more guards as reinforcements.
 
I guess that mechanic seems unrealistic in an open world setting. it works for other stealth games that use one section as a hub but the missions are just to cross from point a to point b. knocking out everyone along the way. then on the way back you may have to do the same thing again.
 
if you want a DX1 successor, try chaser. a bit dated and ignored but I found it to be a really solid game with great shooting. For the last upgrade, on windows 8.1 seems to load a whole lot slower. I have gotten to the point where it says to finish all your side missions but the sarrif mission does not resolve? kind of silly. This is a really good game but for stealth they have put in too much reliance on vents. World also feels dead. you can leave a bunch of bodies everywhere, come back later, and nobody has noticed, nothing has changed.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to check this out. Added to Steam wishlist! Not sure if I've ever even heard of this game - I must have completely missed it.
 
Yeah, the knock-out mechanic is a bit odd. People stay knocked out for the entirety of the game, which feels...wrong. It makes backtracking easier but maybe it shouldn't be that easy? It would be cooler if maybe they woke up eventually and next time there were more guards as reinforcements.
I guess that mechanic seems unrealistic in an open world setting. it works for other stealth games that use one section as a hub but the missions are just to cross from point a to point b. knocking out everyone along the way. then on the way back you may have to do the same thing again.
MGSVTPP did it pretty well and seamlessly.
 
MGSVTPP did it pretty well and seamlessly.

Now here's a game that I simply can't stop playing. A true benchmark and watershed. I need more of it.

I'd like to have more of this game as well. I'm having a little bit of withdrawls today. ;)
 
I've been getting some pretty bad artifacting and glitches in the ARC area of the game after you get past Golem City. Doesn't seem to be video card related and I've played for multi-hour sessions before with zero issues. Not sure what is going on.

Sometimes I can clear it by hitting Esc to go to the menu and then back in-game, sometimes not.
 
Back
Top