Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

Anyone else have the dialogue not match people's lips AT ALL? Not even as though it was translated from another language. It's so far off, it's almost like whatever coding they used is just broken.

Anyone else have the dialogue not match people's lips AT ALL? Not even as though it was translated from another language. It's so far off, it's almost like whatever coding they used is just broken.
Yep, widely reported and widely accepted as Deus Ex canon :)

I am torn because I just bought a Vive not that long ago, so I want to play VR, but I have to drag my computer into another room to play VR, away from my desk. As a result I haven't put too much time into this game yet. :(

Yep, widely reported and widely accepted as Deus Ex canon :)

It's crazy that something like that could be so well done with L.A. Noire in 2011 and years later in 2016 it's that bad. It's probably not going to bother me too much but they should have at least tried to make it somewhat realistic, lol.

It's almost distractingly bad. When you think about other AAA games like the Witcher, Dragon Age, Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, GTA, etc. it's embarrassing. That doesn't even factor in older games Like LA Noire or Half-Life 2. I don't recall HR having any lip-sync issues.
I honestly think there's probably some kind of coding error. I've had a few conversations where the person I was talking to was duck-faced with their mouth open for 3-4 seconds followed by their lips sealed and their eyes closed.

MD sounds like a good game but is not getting the same buzz (or sales figures apparently) as Human Revolution

I've been reading the subtitles faster than they say them and then hitting spacebar to move along, haven't noticed it :\ I only stop and listen if it's something interesting, but can't say I've noticed it being out of sync.

I'm still dicking around in Prague, but loving it so far. Found a happy place with performance, game looks great and still runs well as long as you don't try to "max" it out.

Wish they would make it so tab, or quick menu keys like i,o,m etc. would then close the menus. Driving me nuts having to press ESC every time. Need to just rebind a key on my mouse to ESC I guess. HR did this, not sure why it wasn't carried over.

It's a really good game, although it's technically a bit clumsy. Then again, HR launched with a fair number of performance issues (stuttering being a big one) as well.
As a game, if you like the last one it's hard to imagine not liking this one. It's very similar, but obviously on a new engine. Keymapping has been annoying to me, too. I finally got it where I can deal with it, but hacking never feels natural with a KB/M. In general, the game works better with a pad thanks to the menus.

It's great.

sounds like a great game but I think the general reaction has been a bit underwhelming for a new Deus Ex game...I think most people see it as Human Revolution 2.0...not necessarily a bad thing, but people were expecting more of an evolution

sounds like a great game but I think the general reaction has been a bit underwhelming for a new Deus Ex game...I think most people see it as Human Revolution 2.0...not necessarily a bad thing, but people were expecting more of an evolution

It's HR 2.0 with some nice refinements. HR 2.0 is a statement in and of itself.

Part of the reason the reaction may seem a bit understated and underwhelming is because a lot of us are playing it and hopelessly absorbed in it and apparently some people are already into replays.

It's going to be on my GOTY shortlist for 2016. No question about that.

Performance:
Latest Nvidia driver and game update and I'm still running this game without any MSAA and TAA to get good fps. Everything is else is maxed out and this is on a 980Ti at 1920X1200.

This game is no joke!

Well I've finished a "completionist", non-lethal, stealth only run on "Give Me Deus Ex" at around 50-60 hours. They certainly improved on HR in nearly every way, but definitely have some quirky areas to shore up. The performance on PC being one (to include mouse irregularities) and lip-syncing being the other most noteable. Patch 1.02 introduced a game breaking bug for me on PC. It crashes the game at the start of any cutscene, making it so I cannot travel or progress the story. Consequently I ended up picking up the PS4 version and starting over.

The game has some of the best gameplay I've experienced in this genre bar none. I'm an old fart and an avid gamer, so I don't say that lightly. I played the first DX, Splinter Cell, HL, etc when they came out. I don't hand out compliments like this unless I truely feel that way. The gameplay is fun, detailed and well thought out. The level design is exceptional, music equally well crafted and they've really brought the exploration and character progression to a rewarding state. I spent nearly 30 hours in Prague before going to Miller for my first assignment. I LOVED it! When I discovered the verticality, that there were little things hidden above me, in out of the way places, that provided side stories that would come into play later, it seriously intrigued me. I found many story items before their time, which was a slight down-fall, but they were not obvious, so the Devs planned for people like me. I'm hoping they do some decent DLC to add to the story. There were characters in the early trailers that did not seem to make it into the core game (possibly pre-order mission, idk).

Anywaay, over all I was very impressed, truly enjoying the game. I've already started my NG+ run to get all the lethal achievements. Then I'll have to go back for "Foxiest of Hounds" because I must have screwed it up some where along the line. Thought I'd reloaded a save everytime I drew attention, but I must have missed one. Ah well, I still need to find a few more ebooks too, so why not. :p

Last edited:
A few misc tips for those interested:

• If you plan to do New Game +, keep in mind that the only things that carry over are your Augs and what is in your personal inventory. Nothing in your Stash goes with you. So, the second time the game tells you to finish any side quests before proceeding, go back to your apartment and grab anything you want to take with you into NG+
  • Also for NG+, you will be back to having to disable unused Augs to add one of the 'new' ones, and by this stage you probably won't have anything unused left. So towards the end of your initial play through, focus on adding the new Augs you're going to want for NG+,because once you're in NG+ you won't be able to add them without being overheated until you've been upgraded mid-game.
  • If you want to maximize XP, find the alternate route into a place first, for the traveler bonus, then backtrack and hack the keypad.
  • If you want to get the most out of this game, find its "sweet spot" so to speak, play at least one fresh run (not NG+) using stealth, on the highest difficulty, with all assists and UI aids turned OFF or to 'fade out'. I know that sounds annoying on paper, but trust me, the game really comes into its own with this setup. It is much like Splinter Cell Blacklist in that respect.

Five years later and they still didn't fix game balance.

Goal: Enter locked room

Option #1 break through wall
Reward = nothing

Option#2 sneak into vent
Reward = nothing

Option#3 Obtain key code
Reward = nothing

Option#4 Hacking
Reward = Hacking XP, 1st try bonus XP, Credits, sellable Hacking software, and XP caches

Play it your way.... um yea.

Is this game worth it? I keep reading horrible things about the in-game purchases, please convince me otherwise, ]H[

Not needed in the least.You can skip the micro transactions completely.

I'm curious to see what DX12 brings next week as far as performance
I'm going to be a downer here and say that it brings little to nothing, at least for us NVIDIA folks.

Five years later and they still didn't fix game balance.

Goal: Enter locked room

Option #1 break through wall
Reward = nothing

Option#2 sneak into vent
Reward = nothing

Option#3 Obtain key code
Reward = nothing

Option#4 Hacking
Reward = Hacking XP, 1st try bonus XP, Credits, sellable Hacking software, and XP caches

Play it your way.... um yea.
Even in HR, when I would find a roundabout way into a room, I would exit it and then hack the door for the XP; I've been a bit lazy about that in MD.

I saw an image somewhere on this forum (can't remember if it was in this thread or the other thread in Video Cards) where it showed a screenshot of the cost of certain microtransaction, the ones I am saw on that image were I think 3 and 5 praxis kits.
Where exactly are you seeing them? I must be blazing past them and hitting just the buttons that get me into the game or I've evolved selective vision (adblock in my brain).

I saw an image somewhere on this forum (can't remember if it was in this thread or the other thread in Video Cards) where it showed a screenshot of the cost of certain microtransaction, the ones I am saw on that image were I think 3 and 5 praxis kits.
There's an in-game store accessible from the pause menu. I don't go there. Problem... solved?

Not sure who in their right mind would purchase micro transactions for a single player (majorly) non-competitive game, but they don't bother me. I don't notice any 'ads' o_O

The only microtransactions are via a separate menu when the game boots. It isn't even normally visible while actually playing. It's about as non-intrusive as they get. I don't like the idea of microtransactions, and unless you're looking for them, you're unlikely to notice this game even has any.

No, I am fine with micros as long as they are not intrusive (like egging you all the time).

I would have preferred an option to hide them completely, but menu exclusive I am live with.

Thanks

Micro transactions would hit it off if the adult industry got involved. Like a micro transaction in tomb raider to give lara croft some lingerie or just nakid.

I mean ppl mod the game for that...its money just laying on the table :D

This game is giving me heartburn right now... Maybe I'm not tracking on all the new technology it has in it, but it doesn't seem much nicer than the Witcher III graphically. I can play everything I have without a hitch save for Mankind Divided. I mucked around with the settings, too.

This is what it's doing:

It'll play fine for 20-ish minutes, then I'll notice a little hiccup - nothing big. Within 10 minutes of that hiccup it stops and all I get is sound. Rig is in sig. I'm running the same settings for it on my GTX980M laptop and the doggone laptop is running it better o_O.

Anyone with a similar rig and having issues? It's a 4GB card, but at 1080P shouldn't matter (playing on a 150" screen w/projector).

It's a 4GB card, but at 1080P shouldn't matter (playing on a 150" screen w/projector).

Apparently it matters. TAA is like smearing a thin layer of vaseline on the screen...disable it. Not worth any kind of performance hit IMO.

MSAA is a major performance hog although it looks amazing. Don't go past the first setting, 2x.

Textures? Consider going down from ultra to high if you absolutely have to.

I ended up killing both TAA and MSAA and have everything else maxed out at 1920X1200 on a 980Ti and it looks and runs great.

I do suspect this game needs some sort of a performance related patch down the road even though it's pretty damned impressive for what it is.

The only microtransactions are via a separate menu when the game boots. It isn't even normally visible while actually playing. It's about as non-intrusive as they get. I don't like the idea of microtransactions, and unless you're looking for them, you're unlikely to notice this game even has any.

I wasn't aware this game had them outside of Breach, but I wondered what "Store" was in the menu, so that's how I found out about them in SP.

I was able to inject SMAA with reshade framework 2, it looks far superior to TAA which just blurs textures heavily. It does however effect text rendering a bit.

Also from what i've played the micro transactions are easily ignored however the triangle things you find advertising a stupid fucking phone app can gtfo.

Apparently it matters. TAA is like smearing a thin layer of vaseline on the screen...disable it. Not worth any kind of performance hit IMO.

MSAA is a major performance hog although it looks amazing. Don't go past the first setting, 2x.

Textures? Consider going down from ultra to high if you absolutely have to.

I ended up killing both TAA and MSAA and have everything else maxed out at 1920X1200 on a 980Ti and it looks and runs great.

I do suspect this game needs some sort of a performance related patch down the road even though it's pretty damned impressive for what it is.
You run the game without AA? I tried that and couldn't take the jaggies.
do those triangle things get you any praxis or anything?
Pretty sure it's just concept art in the phone/mobile app.

Back