Destiny - Discussion Thread

Not really following Destiny, but are there Guilds or Clans like from other MMOs? If that's the case, I'm sure there will be 'raid' specific guilds and the like. LFG or Raid matchmaking was usually quite ugly when I used to play MMOs.

Not really following Destiny, but are there Guilds or Clans like from other MMOs? If that's the case, I'm sure there will be 'raid' specific guilds and the like. LFG or Raid matchmaking was usually quite ugly when I used to play MMOs.

The difference being raid MMO's on PC Require wayyyy more people. Up to 40 in vanilla wow. Theres no reason you shouldnt be able to PUG any of the endgame content in destiny given its party sizes.

Bungies "reason" is the content is "too difficult" to PUG

I just realized Destiny is being released next Tuesday already. How time flies!

The difference being raid MMO's on PC Require wayyyy more people. Up to 40 in vanilla wow. Theres no reason you shouldnt be able to PUG any of the endgame content in destiny given its party sizes.

They should really just let players handle that on their own. In games like Diablo 3, players (usually) figure out pretty quick what level of content they should and shouldn't be playing at. WoW's pug system is pretty good for casuals and not so great for hardcore people, but everyone can get the content. I suspect the vast majority of Destiny players won't ever see the raid content if they need 6 friends online for 2 hours and the game is "too difficult".

I cancelled my pre-order, I will wait a few days and see how this thread goes before picking up the game. Hopefully its like Halo and Borderlands 2 had a baby.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, that's kinda crazy then. It's probably less of the "content being too difficult" but more "we don't have time to program that in".

I wasn't feeling much hype for this game until I saw that live action trailer they released (the one with led zeppelin). It reminded me of how PSO was, small parties/action oriented; If I get my travel advance money soon, perhaps I'll pick myself up a PS4 and play.

Once again, another developer underestimating the skill of millions of players.

Just a heads up if you haven't already, here are all the known codes so far to enter in to unlock some things before release.

Enter them here:
http://www.bungie.net/en-us/User/coderedemption

--GRIMOIRE CARDS--
1# YKA-RJG-MH9
2# 3DA-P4X-F6A
3# MVD-4N3-NKH
4# TCN-HCD-TGY
5# HDX-ALM-V4K
6# 473-MXR-3X9
7# JMR-LFN-4A3
8# HC3-H44-DKC
9# 69P-KRM-JJA
10# 69P-VCH-337
11# 69R-CKD-X7L
12# 69R-DDD-FCP
13# 69R-F99-AXG
14# 69R-VL7-J6A
15# 69X-DJN-74V
16# 6A7-7NP-3X7
17# 6A9-DTG-YGN
--EMBLEMS--
18# 7F9-767-F74
19# FJ9-LAM-67F
20# JD7-4CM-HJG
21# JDT-NLC-JKM
22# JNX-DMH-XLA
23# 7CP-94V-LFP
--SHADERS--
24# 7MM-VPD-MHP
25# RXC-9XJ-4MH

Also if you by any chance were active on the old bungie.net (from the Halo days) you will have some emblems based on your forum account, you can find your old forum rank (if you can remember your username) by going here:

https://halo.bungie.net/default.aspx

Type in your forum name in the top right.

Then it will take you to your halo character, on the far right you should see "bungie.net profile," click it and then it will show you your forum profile. Here you should have a title under your name,

For anyone who is lazy here is a script you can paste that auto types all the keys for you

1. go to Bungie : Code Redemption and login
2. in Chrome press Control + Shift + J to bring up the script code window
3. paste the following into it

Code:

var codes=["YKA-RJG-MH9", "3DA-P4X-F6A", "MVD-4N3-NKH", "TCN-HCD-TGY", "HDX-ALM-V4K", "473-MXR-3X9", "JMR-LFN-4A3", "HC3-H44-DKC", "69P-KRM-JJA", "69P-VCH-337", "69R-CKD-X7L", "69R-DDD-FCP", "69R-F99-AXG", "69R-VL7-J6A", "69X-DJN-74V", "6A7-7NP-3X7", "6A9-DTG-YGN", "7F9-767-F74", "FJ9-LAM-67F", "JD7-4CM-HJG", "JDT-NLC-JKM", "JNX-DMH-XLA", "7CP-94V-LFP", "7MM-VPD-MHP", "RXC-9XJ-4MH"];

var codeField = document.getElementById("text_code");

var i = 0;

var delay = 2500;

function enterCodeLoop () { setTimeout(function () { codeField.value = codes; $(".btn_submitCode")[0].click(); i++; if (i < codes.length) { enterCodeLoop(); } }, delay) }

enterCodeLoop();

4. press enter, and it will add every code to your account (dupes will pop up an error).

5. close the little coding window, go to profile / Codes to verify you have 25 codes (+ beta if you were in it).

For anyone who is lazy here is a script you can paste that auto types all the keys for you

Code:

4. press enter, and it will add every code to your account (dupes will pop up an error).

5. close the little coding window, go to profile / Codes to verify you have 25 codes (+ beta if you were in it).

Bravo good sir, bravo. :D

I think I'm going to splurge on this for a 2nd game for my PS4 since I got Shadowfall like 10 months ago =) Which is the only game I own :p
Two more day probably pick it up at work.

really cant wait for this game. i just preordered it and dl/installed it on my ps3. i am glad there is a free ps4 upgrade for when i pick one up.

Code:

Hooray for being lazy! Thanks! :p

I haven't played any of the alphas or betas, but I got caught up in the hype and am looking forward to this. Went ahead and did the digital pre-order yesterday.

Halo 4 single player campaign is garbage

Destiny looks like the developers were holding their breath while making the game. No life injected into this game just a bunch of pap.

Halo 4 single player campaign is garbage

Destiny looks like the developers were holding their breath while making the game. No life injected into this game just a bunch of pap.

Seems like you're on a rampage w/ talking shit about the game. Give it a rest & go do something else?

I'm not a fan of the game, not really interested in it...but I have a PS4, I was given a 1yr PS+ sub for my bday, and my brother is buying me a copy... So I'm gonna play it.

I decided to be a jackass and bought a ChronusMax (one of several KB+M adapters for consoles), wondering how good they actually work and/or if it'll cause me to get banned. We shall see. It also allows for using Wii-motes and whatnot on PC, which i know i'll use for emulation, so there's that.

Hopefully they rebalanced multi player a bit. The radar was so incredibly good that I spent more time looking at it than people. There is no such thing as flanking or surprise, you always knew where someone was before you saw them.

Also it was basically Auto Rifle 24 / 7.

And super moves were honestly not very fun in PVP. They were literal I win buttons with zero risk. If you died before you even fired it off, you get to try again. If you see someone going super saiyan you might as well brace for respawn.

Hopefully they rebalanced multi player a bit. The radar was so incredibly good that I spent more time looking at it than people. There is no such thing as flanking or surprise, you always knew where someone was before you saw them.

Also it was basically Auto Rifle 24 / 7.

And super moves were honestly not very fun in PVP. They were literal I win buttons with zero risk. If you died before you even fired it off, you get to try again. If you see someone going super saiyan you might as well brace for respawn.

The hunter can miss his easily.

IMO the hunters special isn't nearly as good as the titans or warlocks.

I'm a hunter main and I think the hunters special is the best one! If you can aim decently they can't dodge. The other two you can dodge pretty easily..

I'm not a fan of the game, not really interested in it...but I have a PS4, I was given a 1yr PS+ sub for my bday, and my brother is buying me a copy... So I'm gonna play it.

I decided to be a jackass and bought a ChronusMax (one of several KB+M adapters for consoles), wondering how good they actually work and/or if it'll cause me to get banned. We shall see. It also allows for using Wii-motes and whatnot on PC, which i know i'll use for emulation, so there's that.

I would've recommended the XIM4. I don't care too much for the ChronusMax.

Yeah, the XIM4 is the only adapter that reliably works with most games.

CronusMax isn't compatible with several titles and it's a pretty big hassle to get it working properly.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-warns-destiny-day-one-reviews-might-not-tel/1100-6422161/

An easy lay up for FUD I admit but I wonder honestly: Is this a heads up that maybe we're going to see some reviews that aren't all 9s and 10s and "holy shit wow!!!" like I personally expect to see out a few of the more "harsher" corners?

I liked the game. I don't think it was *that* special but what it does it does well and I'm sitting here contemplating the purchase today.

I do wish it were coming out on the PC but that's beside the point.

I watched several streams earlier today and to be perfectly honest, it just didn't look all that great. Bullet sponge enemies, repetitive mission objectives, side quests were extremely one-note, tons of loading.

That said, I think the ridiculous hype for this game prevents it from getting anything except 9s and 10s.

I watched several streams earlier today and to be perfectly honest, it just didn't look all that great. Bullet sponge enemies, repetitive mission objectives, side quests were extremely one-note, tons of loading.

You have enumerated the issues as to why I'm deliberating on this as much as I have.

That said, I think the ridiculous hype for this game prevents it from getting anything except 9s and 10s.

Very likely.

If it plays like the Beta, it should be good because I enjoyed the Beta.

This is what I'm gambling on. I took a change on the digital guardian edition. $90 is a big chunk of cash on an unknown game, but I imagine I'm going to end up wanting the expansions so might as well save a few bucks up front. I enjoyed both the alpha and beta a lot.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-warns-destiny-day-one-reviews-might-not-tel/1100-6422161/

An easy lay up for FUD I admit but I wonder honestly: Is this a heads up that maybe we're going to see some reviews that aren't all 9s and 10s and "holy shit wow!!!" like I personally expect to see out a few of the more "harsher" corners?

I liked the game. I don't think it was *that* special but what it does it does well and I'm sitting here contemplating the purchase today.

I don't pay attention to the mainstream gaming press anymore. It was fun to troll console wars back in the day, but people are way too serious these days.

Bungie's comment was more along the lines that early reviewers can't possibly get the full experience of the game to meet their deadlines and race to get a review out first. Because of that those early reviews may not paint the entire picture of the experience. This is one of the things beyond corruption and collusion that I dislike about the traditional gaming press.

To be fair, all that article really states is Bungie's justification for not sending out early review copies of the game to the media. They said that they felt like the reviews wouldn't be representative of the actual game since there would be basically no one playing. I'm not trying to white knight over here, but I think that's a pretty valid reason. It's the same reason why you don't really get Day 1 reviews of any major mmo.

The title of the article is fairly sensationalist. Bungie never really alludes to "the reviews might be low" at all like the title suggests.

Haven't gotten the game yet, scout rifles already nerfed. As if enemies weren't spongy enough already.

To be fair, all that article really states is Bungie's justification for not sending out early review copies of the game to the media. They said that they felt like the reviews wouldn't be representative of the actual game since there would be basically no one playing. I'm not trying to white knight over here, but I think that's a pretty valid reason. It's the same reason why you don't really get Day 1 reviews of any major mmo.

The title of the article is fairly sensationalist. Bungie never really alludes to "the reviews might be low" at all like the title suggests.

That is bullshit, many games have very active online components before launch. Between employees, external QA groups, reviewers, and leaked early copies there are very often a bunch of people to play with. You only need 4 or 6 people to play Destiny, that isn't an insurmountable obstacle considering probably 50+++ sites will review this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Really wish this game ran at 60fps. But 30fps is just so damn immersion breaking for me. I'm really getting sick of developers locking the frame rates. Especially if one console can't do it, but the other might. I already have a difficult enough time aiming with a controller, and 30fps just makes it that much worse. And then it just ends in frustration for me because I just cannot go back and forth between 144Hz (and now GSync) on my PC and 30fps on my PS4. I can play other types of games at 30fps, just not FPS.

Last edited:
Really wish this game ran at 60fps. But 30fps is just so damn immersion breaking for me. I'm really getting sick of developers locking the frame rates. Especially if one console can't do it, but the other might. I already have a difficult enough time aiming with a controller, and 30fps just makes it that much worse. And then it just ends in frustration for me because I just cannot go back and forth between 144Hz (and now GSync) on my PC and 30fps on my PS4. I can play other types of games at 30fps, just not FPS.

That's a damned shame because I'm pretty sure both of these new consoles could do 60fps without any issue.

probably gonna pick this up over weekend for PS4
add me if you are playing it on ps4
psn is under AngryJay09

Back