Destiny - Discussion Thread

exlink

Supreme [H]ardness
Figured I'd start a general thread for Destiny since I have a feeling it'll become fairly big and it'll avoid multiple threads on the same game. I'll try to keep the first post updated as far as new key information about the game.

As of today, Bungie has made Ghost (Collector's) Edition and Limited Edition versions of the game available. There will also be a Digital Guardian Edition (Digital Download) available. More information on each version here. Unboxing video of the premium versions available here.

Bungie also announced the Destiny Expansion Pass which is essentially a season pass for $35 that will include the download of the future 2 "expansion" packs. It is unknown currently what individual prices of the expansion packs will be.

Destiny releases 9/9/2014! http://destinycountdown.com/

EDIT: PS4 community for HardForum created! Message me for an invite or add yourself!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There is some crappy practices with this game that may make me not want to buy it period. Season DLC pass is the same price for both consoles yet one has exclusive content.

There is some crappy practices with this game that may make me not want to buy it period. Season DLC pass is the same price for both consoles yet one has exclusive content.

Exclusive content has never been an issue for me, the core game is still the same. I don't know if I will buy it right off the bat myself. I played the Alpha quite a bit and was not really impressed.

It's going to be big though, certainly the biggest game this year for either platform and possibly GOTY.

just a thought: if you're planning on getting the game+$35 DLC day 1, you might as well purchase the $99 limited edition bundle that comes with the DLC. its almost the same price.

I ordered the standard edition today from bestbuy, I wana see how I like the beta and decide what I do from there. Wish it was coming for PC (...there are rumors)

Rumor (pretty much confirmed) has it that PS+ subscribers can sign up for the beta between the 7th-13th. Supposedly 5000 will be given access.

Don't know how I feel about them announcing expansions before the main game is even out....
Still on the fence, Beta better be good. Alpha was fun, but eye strain.....
I'll be there.

Don't know how I feel about them announcing expansions before the main game is even out....
Still on the fence, Beta better be good. Alpha was fun, but eye strain.....
I'll be there.

Had anything been mentioned on updated graphics? I know it's a cross generation game but it did look pretty dated. Reminded me of COD Ghosts or AC4.

I preordered it but just because it's a exclusive it better deliver the good otherwise I think the Dark Souls series will be the only other games I would get for console games.

I preordered a the PS4 Destiny system bundle and got a beta code right away. I only have a 360 at the moment so I'll have to wait til the 23rd to try it out. I'm more than willing to cancel my preorder if the game feels like an updated Hellgate London. :D

I preordered a the PS4 Destiny system bundle and got a beta code right away. I only have a 360 at the moment so I'll have to wait til the 23rd to try it out. I'm more than willing to cancel my preorder if the game feels like an updated Hellgate London. :D

Hey! Hellgate London is the best unfinished game ever!!

Need to upgrade my pre-order to the Ghost Edition. Pre-ordered this with my PS4 the day after the Sony E3 presser last year :D.

Had anything been mentioned on updated graphics? I know it's a cross generation game but it did look pretty dated. Reminded me of COD Ghosts or AC4.

Last I read is its 30fps for all platform's due to server synchronization.
In other words, nothing has changed. The res is 1080 though(on PS4).
Cross gen. Hopefully this is the last high profile title to do this. (Nope, The Evil Within is also cross-gen)

This game seems to have a ton of potential but I am not getting hyped yet

I'm not getting why people are claiming the game suffers graphically. I mean sure, its not amazingly stunning like many true next-gen experiences, but they are by no means bad in my opinion. I put a few hours into the Alpha and explored nearly everything I could and I thought it looked pretty damn good; nothing even remotely bad enough to ruin my experience or immersion with the game (although the voice acting was pitiful, thankfully its being revamped). My only gripe is that it is 30 FPS, but it was still a very smooth experience overall. Gameplay wise I was in love: the RPG elements are thorough, there is plenty of content, missions are fun whether solo or in a group, and the PvP felt like a classic Halo experience by Bungie.

I'm really interested in the additional content that will be present with the BETA. The Alpha already made my interest for the game go from "meh" to very intrigued, hoping the BETA can increase it further.

How do I access the Beta from PS4 couldn't figure it out...
Or do I need to do a digital download purchase or something?

I don't know how to access it on the PS4 at the moment, but if you preordered it they will send you a code. I got mine from Amazon. You then have to go bungie.net, make an account (I just used my PSN account), and apply that code.

The beta code I received was a standard 12-character alpha-numeric PSN code.

So, it looks like those signed up for the beta will be getting 3 codes. You will need to save one of those codes for yourself. The other two you can give away to friends. These codes can be used on any platform (360, One, PS3, PS4).

they said the 10th and you guys already got yours... I guess im not getting my code?

I just received an email today at 6 pm that said,

King Icewind, the Destiny Beta is almost upon us. Come to Bungie.net and choose which console you'll use to play. Keep an eye on your email. We'll send you your personal download code when the time comes to play!

On my bungie account it says,

Come back on Jul 17 2014 to get your marketplace code!

So, no? But I hope that's wrong because having everyone download it the day the beta starts is the absolute worst. Unless we can preload it without a code? I don't know. I missed the Alpha.

You have to wait until July 17th to get those beta codes. It sucks but Bungie should be ready for the event. Either way , they are giving you 3 and they are multiplatform so its worth dealing with whatever that day to get them.

I've got one for myself and two of my friends (who were to lazy to preorder) and I've got one from my preorder on Amazon. So I should have plenty of people to play it with.

I'd be more worried about Sony's PSN handling the million or so players that will be hitting the PSN Store to download it. Sony couldn't even handle BF : Hardline beta after it was announced to be out during E3. I can imagine the hysteria that will commence during the Destiny Beta. I would expect downloads to be a crawl so you could probably write off that first day of Beta anyway. Good thing Bungie is giving us 10 days to mess around.

I tried the Alpha and while I enjoyed it.. I kinda was disappointed. Now granted its an Alpha and months before launch .. but it really felt like Halo in an alternative reality and I love Halo. I hope that the new content and better PVP will entice me to hold my preorder but right now with the Remastered edition of Halo coming this holiday , it might be an uphill battle for Bungie to convince me.

actualy the codes are system and region specific I had to go to bungie .net and pick my system and region, region is PS only for xbox just needto pick 360 or ONE.

So what's the deal with this?

I signed up for the beta test WAAAAAAAAAY back when it first announced.

I go to the bungie.net site and see that it says on a picture, "7-10, visit bungie.net and select your platform."

WHERE is this? I can not find anywhere to "select" my platform or anything of the nature.

Did the people who signed up over a year ago get fucked over, as usual?

also looking at the destiny forums I found this , which some of you might not know about:

http://www.bungie.net/7_Get-your-17...m/Post?id=66153315#referred-Destiny (Destiny)

Destiny card codes that they listed throughout the past year, cutoff date to redeem the codes is today (not one knows what they are for yet)

Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

1: MVD-4N3-NKH
2: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3: YKA-RJG-MH9
4: TCN-HCD-TGY
5: HDX-ALM-V4K
6: 473-MXR-3X9
7: JMR-LFN-4A3
8: HC3-H44-DKC
9: 69P-KRM-JJA
10: 69P-VCH-337
11: 69R-CKD-X7L
12: 69R-DDD-FCP
13: 69R-F99-AXG
14: 69R-VL7-J6A
15: 69X-DJN-74V
16: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17: 6A9-DTG-YGN

Last edited:
I an super excited for this, but a bit concerned I will be straight up terrible at it. I am in my mid 30s and just can't hang with the younger people if it ends up being too twitch based. :p

I read on Wikipedia this game cost $500 million to make, no wonder they NEED people to buy the season pass or get the DLC.

I may buy a PS4 for this game and the upcoming FF game. This game looks fantastic in the footage I have seen so far. I do not think it will disappoint.

So this is basically Bungie's take on Borderlands and includes multiplayer, right?

Do you have to have PS Plus to play online?

So this is basically Bungie's take on Borderlands and includes multiplayer, right?

Do you have to have PS Plus to play online?

I remember seeing specific areas in the alpha that said PS+ Required.
This game reminds me of Global Agenda, multiple arena MMO, but...different. This is better, minus the 30hz.

So what's the deal with this?

WHERE is this? I can not find anywhere to "select" my platform or anything of the nature.

http://www.bungie.net/betaredeem should redirect you there, it's on the same page as the cards. If it's not there I guess you're not eligible.

I have no idea why they sent out an email about this thing when a) First the PS4+Europe was broken, you'd just get a message to go back the 17:th. b) Now that it's working, you STILL don't get codes till the 17:th so you can't preload so what's the fucking point? You need to know my platform and region in case it changed since the alpha a few weeks ago? Why wasn't this encoded in the original preorder code?

People who preordered digitally (say on PSN) can preload.

It's not that I'm desperate to play the beta after having played the alpha, but the way people revere Bungie you'd think they'd have their shit together. Actually, their whole website is horrible. When in the alpha there wasn't even a clear link between the main site and the 'alpha.bungie.net' which I only found out about though google essentially.

I had it ordered though Amazon going to get it at either Walmart or Gamestop on release date. I think it would be stupid to buy a digital copy cause you can sell the Hard copy at any time.
Going to skip the Beta...so it doesn't ruin the experience

I had it ordered though Amazon going to get it at either Walmart or Gamestop on release date. I think it would be stupid to buy a digital copy cause you can sell the Hard copy at any time.
Going to skip the Beta...so it doesn't ruin the experience

I always buy physical copies as well, so I can trade in games at any time. Though I can definitely see the allure of having an all digital game collection with no discs to swap around.

Steam Sales are the only time I'll buy digital games for now on. Being they have like 3 sales a year Winter Fall and Summer.

I have a Glut if games now nobody in there right mind would play them all.

I used to get Physical PC games until I found out about steam #1
#2 My internet connection was 156K for the longest time. Try downloading COD Ghosts on 156k I used up Two days trying to download it and still didn't get it.
have faster net now thank god.

My major complaint is you can play any of the digital games on your PS4 via remote play on the PS Vita, but you cant with any of the physical disc games unless the disc is in. :(

My major complaint is you can play any of the digital games on your PS4 via remote play on the PS Vita, but you cant with any of the physical disc games unless the disc is in. :(
If I had to guess, this would be due to DRM as there is no way to know you still own/have the game without the disc. So, its expected.

Anyway, those codes for the Destiny Cards posted earlier still work. I just redeemed them today.

Alright, so I stopped second guessing and caved...I decided that I really enjoyed the alpha after all.

I will be definitely loading up the beta when it releases. If anyone wants to group up or start a clan in-game, let me know!

to selevt platform go to your profile on your bungie net account and go to redeem codes there you can select your platform took me a while to figure this out .

Back