Destiny 2

I liked the strike missions from the first game. They're short (10-15 minutes), they work with random other players, and the rewards were good. If those are in this game, they must be buried somewhere I haven't been. I figure I'll probably finish up the blue shield story missions over Thanksgiving and play something else until 12/5.

Youp haven't done strikes?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ikes-earn-strike-rewards-strike-playlist-4747

If you've already done that, go to your "Director" and right in the upper left corner you should see distinct "strikes" and "crucible" areas. Click on whichever one you want and it's self explanatory after that. :)

Sidebar: GMG is sending out Black Friday emails. 40 percent off this game, fence sitters. No joke.

Youp haven't done strikes?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ikes-earn-strike-rewards-strike-playlist-4747

If you've already done that, go to your "Director" and right in the upper left corner you should see distinct "strikes" and "crucible" areas. Click on whichever one you want and it's self explanatory after that. :)

Sidebar: GMG is sending out Black Friday emails. 40 percent off this game, fence sitters. No joke.

Huh. I think I was just looking for them on the normal maps like in the first game. I probably figured all of those menus were related to the Crucible, which IDGAF about.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Huh. I think I was just looking for them on the normal maps like in the first game. I probably figured all of those menus were related to the Crucible, which IDGAF about.
I also cannot give shits about peer-to-peer MP that casually hands out your IP address.

Iron Banner is on this week, for those interested. I actually enjoy PvP as a nice change of pace from PvE every now and then.

Just completed the raid for the first time. Overall I really enjoyed it. A good mix of mechanics and just shoot the boss. Also has some funny moments with the jumping puzzles so you are probably guaranteed somebody will mess that up, I did.

Just completed the raid for the first time. Overall I really enjoyed it. A good mix of mechanics and just shoot the boss. Also has some funny moments with the jumping puzzles so you are probably guaranteed somebody will mess that up, I did.
Jumping puzzles = Warlocks RIP

Lost 400 tokens on a faction reset, i guess. Not sure how that works,if you can only pledge loyalty to one cult per character, who cares about a reset. Have gotten all of the gear i want from them , but still could of used them and dismantled items.

So, I'm pretty much done with the game, but I ran into "Thaviks the Depraved" while trying to get the Sturm and I'm stumped. It's pretty much the hardest (solo) fight I've encountered in either game. I'm just no able to hurt the guy and I can't get away from all of the traps. Is that even winnable without other people?

So, I'm pretty much done with the game, but I ran into "Thaviks the Depraved" while trying to get the Sturm and I'm stumped. It's pretty much the hardest (solo) fight I've encountered in either game. I'm just no able to hurt the guy and I can't get away from all of the traps. Is that even winnable without other people?

You don't have to fight him. I almost made that mistake, too.

which has you complete a special version of the Exodus Crash Strike on Nessus and destroy a Servitor named Kendricks-7.

^^ As soon as you've done that you should have seen the notification. You're done. Check your Open Director to prove it but you can go back to Tyra Karn and finish this. You do not have to fight Thaviks.

These are a fun combo to use. I'm alternating with these and the midi tool scout rifle and submachine gun. I've gotten a new appreciation for submachine guns now in this.

Well im picking up a new gtx 1080 which means I will be getting the PC version of the game now. Going to sell my PS4 copy since I stopped playing it after I hit 305 on 2 characters and got the plat trophy anyways :p

Apparently Bungie implemented a hidden xp modifier that penalizes you for playing the game too much, as much as a -95% penalty to xp gain, but the UI lies to you and tells you that you are getting the full 100% xp. Discovered by a redditor (link to post)

"tl;dr – If you earn XP slow, the in game display is correct. If you play normally, the game drops some XP (~ 50%). If you power-grind XP the game will drop most of your XP (in testing, I managed to lose ~95% of the XP during an ‘enemies moving against each other’ event)"

If it were a straight up bonus/penalty system (for eg. some MMOs have "rest xp bonus" for not playing the game in a while) this probably wouldn't look as bad, but seeing it's a hidden system, and one in which UI is intentionally lying about your XP gain makes this look shady. Speculation is that it's done to incentivize the purchase of silver lootboxes by making the player tired of grinding.

That post also has some ppl saying the microtransaction fireteam token suffers from this penalty and is illegal behavior (false advertising) - though I didn't buy the game yet so I'm not familiar with the terminology.

like this
Apparently Bungie implemented a hidden xp modifier that penalizes you for playing the game too much, as much as a -95% penalty to xp gain, but the UI lies to you and tells you that you are getting the full 100% xp. Discovered by a redditor (link to post)

"tl;dr – If you earn XP slow, the in game display is correct. If you play normally, the game drops some XP (~ 50%). If you power-grind XP the game will drop most of your XP (in testing, I managed to lose ~95% of the XP during an ‘enemies moving against each other’ event)"

If it were a straight up bonus/penalty system (for eg. some MMOs have "rest xp bonus" for not playing the game in a while) this probably wouldn't look as bad, but seeing it's a hidden system, and one in which UI is intentionally lying about your XP gain makes this look shady. Speculation is that it's done to incentivize the purchase of silver lootboxes by making the player tired of grinding.

That post also has some ppl saying the microtransaction fireteam token suffers from this penalty and is illegal behavior (false advertising) - though I didn't buy the game yet so I'm not familiar with the terminology.

Wow, this is nuts. The people that racked up 2000 hours on the first game must love this.

Eh I use fireteam medallions mostly for the ‘extra’ loot chance. I know it’s not quantifiable, and it could be all placebo, but I swear I get more exotic engrams when I have one active.

I've done the strike, but after working on soloing him for awhile I just said "screw it", not needed for the questline.

Unless I can rig some way to finally get into Nightfall and Leviathan I'm done until Dec. 5.

Unless I can rig some way to finally get into Nightfall and Leviathan I'm done until Dec. 5.
Have you tried looking for group function on bungies website? I used it every week for the nightfall and used it for a few raid groups and it worked out well 75% of the time.

I know I'm late to the game here...but I just picked it up a few days ago....I'm roughly at 260 gear score(?) playing a Warlock...(and yeah it took a bit to figure out the whole "jumping" thing...LoL). Is there an [H] Clan active on this game? My toon name is "Khaelen" if someone can toss me an invite/mail in game or here.

I know I'm late to the game here...but I just picked it up a few days ago....I'm roughly at 260 gear score(?) playing a Warlock...(and yeah it took a bit to figure out the whole "jumping" thing...LoL). Is there an [H] Clan active on this game? My toon name is "Khaelen" if someone can toss me an invite/mail in game or here.

I'm in the [H] clan but I have never seen anyone else on. I finally made it up to 260 and would like to do the raid thing but I can't find anyone to do it with.

Have you tried looking for group function on bungies website? I used it every week for the nightfall and used it for a few raid groups and it worked out well 75% of the time.

I've had bad luck in terms of timing but I'll keep at it. It's a shame this is what people have to do.

It's not a very elegant setup when we get down to it. I won't even get started on the whole dedicated servers topic. I'll simply keep this confined to what's actually there at present.

I'm not trying to whine or say this was too much weight behind it but one of the things Bungie hyped back at E3 and such was the idea that people would have an easier time playing all aspects of the game vs the first one.

What I'm seeing is even people that are in fairly healthy clans are sometimes in the same boat that I'm in and others: You can do strikes just fine. I still am not 100 percent sure why it would be any big deal to simply have that same matchmaking process on all the game modes come hell or high water. So what if it's more people? So what if people have mics or not? No one can screw anyone else up in PVE and everyone is there to kick ass anyways.

Every strike I've gone in 100 percent of the time has been me and two random people and us kicking ass with zero issues. No exceptions.

Instead it's this kind of nonsense. That "Guided" setup is still in beta and married to the idea that you have to be temporarily adopted by two people in a clan. I think that's nonsense. I've heard of people waiting and hour or more if they get lucky on that.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying and missing some details here but I just can't believe some of that above is really rocket science and especially given some of Bungie's hype pre-release.

Last edited:
I've had bad luck in terms of timing but I'll keep at it. It's a shame this is what people have to do.

It's not a very elegant setup when we get down to it. I won't even get started on the whole dedicated servers topic. I'll simply keep this confined to what's actually there at present.

I'm not trying to whine or say this was too much weight behind it but one of the things Bungie hyped back at E3 and such was the idea that people would have an easier time playing all aspects of the game vs the first one.

What I'm seeing is even people that are in fairly healthy clans are sometimes in the same boat that I'm in and others: You can do strikes just fine. I still am not 100 percent sure why it would be any big deal to simply have that same matchmaking process on all the game modes come hell or high water. So what if it's more people? So what if people have mics or not? No one can screw anyone else up in PVE and everyone is there to kick ass anyways.

Every strike I've gone in 100 percent of the time has been me and two random people and us kicking ass with zero issues. No exceptions.

Instead it's this kind of nonsense. That "Guided" setup is still in beta and married to the idea that you have to be temporarily adopted by two people in a clan. I think that's nonsense. I've heard of people waiting and hour or more if they get lucky on that.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying and missing some details here but I just can't believe some of that above is really rocket science and especially given some of Bungie's hype pre-release.

Yep they need to add the same matchmaking system used for strikes to the other game modes. Completely agree man.

like this

I think this is a make or break update. Absolutely critical.

Last edited:
Is the game down right now? Getting error code 'termite', website says to uninstall and reinstall and that didn't work.

Welp, I'm about done with this game for good. I literally can't find anyone to play with to do some of the higher level content. I tried to get discord going and use that LFG website but I can't get this retarded piece of shit program to connect to anything so that doesn't work. So incredibly stupid that the game has to rely on 3rd party stuff to get a group. [H] clan is seemingly nonexistent as far as I can tell, even on weekend evenings I never see a single person on. Don't have any idea where to find another clan either.

The other huge problem is tyhe PVP is absolutely chock full of fucking bots. Hundreds of them. I usually get 2-3 per team, they just sit in the spawn and walk in a square randomly shooting a wall. I really wanted to like this game but this is so stupid.

Last edited:
Welp, I'm about done with this game for good. I literally can't find anyone to play with to do some of the higher level content. I tried to get discord going and use that LFG website but I can't get this retarded piece of shit program to connect to anything so that doesn't work. So incredibly stupid that the game has to rely on 3rd party stuff to get a group. [H] clan is seemingly nonexistent as far as I can tell, even on weekend evenings I never see a single person on. Don't have any idea where to find another clan either.

Being in a clan really does help. HardForum here does have one. https://hardforum.com/threads/destiny-2-clan-pc.1946921/

It's not the most elegant thing I've ever seen but there is help to get some things going: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tSort=1&tType=0&d=3&tg=Recruitment BattleNet UpForAnything&lang=en

I do wish the same matchmaking mechanism that they have on strikes was the same across the boards.

The other huge problem is tyhe PVP is absolutely chock full of fucking bots. Hundreds of them. I usually get 2-3 per team, they just sit in the spawn and walk in a square randomly shooting a wall. I really wanted to like this game but this is so stupid.

That's really strange. I haven't personally seen that although to be fair I have maybe spent 2 hours at most in PVP. I'd have to look around and see what the story is on that.

Being in a clan really does help. HardForum here does have one. https://hardforum.com/threads/destiny-2-clan-pc.1946921/

It's not the most elegant thing I've ever seen but there is help to get some things going: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tSort=1&tType=0&d=3&tg=Recruitment BattleNet UpForAnything&lang=en

I do wish the same matchmaking mechanism that they have on strikes was the same across the boards.

That's really strange. I haven't personally seen that although to be fair I have maybe spent 2 hours at most in PVP. I'd have to look around and see what the story is on that.

I'm in the [H] clan. I've seen exactly one person online for about 10 minutes in the month I've been in there.

I'm going to have to join that [H] clan whenever I get a chance. Not sure how/why, but I seemingly got drafted into a clan a couple weeks ago. The Nytehawks or something like that? I didn't recognize any other names on the roster. It coincided with when I hit level 20 I think.

I played this game for 1 hour on launch day then dropped it. I wish I would've just given the key away.
I've been passing out my blizz account info to my friends and even they won't touch the game.

Back