Destiny 2

How many times did we hear about Destiny 1 coming to the PC? Especially before it was officially announced. I won't believe it until they actually officially announce it.

This game doesn't deserve a sequel. Hopefully the rumors are false.

Yup, everything I read suggested it was an overhyped generic mmo treadmill shooter. Quite ironic given how the console fanboys were hailing it as the second coming of Jesus right up until release.

I'm going to get it on PC I would sell my PS4 but God of War 4 might be good.

Yup, everything I read suggested it was an overhyped generic mmo treadmill shooter. Quite ironic given how the console fanboys were hailing it as the second coming of Jesus right up until release.

It's definitely overhyped but I've enjoyed it for what it is. It's evolved since it came out.

I don't know how people have put thousands of hours into it. I have maybe 100 hours or so, total, and I'm probably near the brick wall for the amount of play time I'll get out of it.

If it had come out on the PC I can guarantee you it would have performed well and probably still would.

Some of the hate is really just "we hate it because it didn't come on the PC" and/or based on hearsay and nothing else.

I certainly would NOT have bought a console just to play it. NO WAY.

I warned some people not to do that as well. I already owned a PS4 for other games so I figured why the hell not.

It's a good game that's gotten better over time. It's evolved noticeably. Its pros outweight its negatives at this point.

It's definitely not the Second Coming and it definitely has some MMO grind to it that's either "take it or leave it."

I didn't have to do a lot of grinding to play well and perform well.

If part 2 shows up on the PC I'll get it.

Last edited:
If you haven't played it in year 2, you have no idea what you're talking about. It might not have been the best game ever released, but it was a solid game and I got my moneys worth out of it.

I bought it at launch and still thought I got my monies worth. It was a solid enough FPS experience at a time when that was lacking. Interesting enough story and enemies.

If you haven't played it in year 2, you have no idea what you're talking about.
2 Years and 100$ of recycled dlc later and they still never added match making to raids, literally the most requested feature from the beginning. Fuck bungie, i can't believe anyone would be excited for a sequel.

2 Years and 100$ of recycled dlc later and they still never added match making to raids, literally the most requested feature from the beginning. Fuck bungie, i can't believe anyone would be excited for a sequel.

If you want matchmaking for raids you have no idea what you're talking about. Raids would be a complete clusterfuck. Use Reddit or LFG to get a group. I've joined Sherpa runs where people failed to do the most basic stuff, and a lot of destiny players aren't the smartest.

I might give it a download if it ends up f2p. I'm still bitter for buying into the first game's hype.

If you want matchmaking for raids you have no idea what you're talking about. Raids would be a complete clusterfuck. Use Reddit or LFG to get a group. I've joined Sherpa runs where people failed to do the most basic stuff, and a lot of destiny players aren't the smartest.
Matchmaking wouldn't be a solution, but they could have implemented in-game systems to allow people to coordinate without having to rely on third parties.

Some of the hate is really just "we hate it because it didn't come on the PC" and/or based on hearsay and nothing else.

None of the hate I came across emanated from PC gamers, it was exclusively from pissed off console gamers who felt underwhelmed and in many respects misled (watch Angry Joe's review for example). Any person with a dispassionate balanced perspective could tell from the early gameplay videos that this game was incredibly pedestrian and nothing special.

None of the hate I came across emanated from PC gamers, it was exclusively from pissed off console gamers who felt underwhelmed and in many respects misled (watch Angry Joe's review for example). Any person with a dispassionate balanced perspective could tell from the early gameplay videos that this game was incredibly pedestrian and nothing special.

I did see those as well.

I don't think anything Bungie does could be considered "special," but what they do is bring extremely polished products to the table.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
32871850073_c6fbfe65b4_z.jpg

Bungie really knows marketing don't leak anything except a few logos and concept artwork.
When you purchase the product it's a entire surprise.

Played it a lot on the Xbox One. It's not a great game but it isn't a bad game either. Have no regrets putting in as many hours as I did with the game. I will definitely be getting the game on PC though. Was really hoping that they would release the first game on PC but I guess they never felt the need to.

I'm in. I thought the shipping version of the game kinda sucked, but the current state of the game is excellent. I couldn't care less about the raids considering they're only a tiny portion of the game.

Looks like that's a confirmation of the game on PC then. That's pretty cool. 60fps here I come! I'll probably still play it with a pad, though :p

Wonder why the digital deluxe doesn't have a pre-order option yet for PC but all the physical versions do

Wonder why the digital deluxe doesn't have a pre-order option yet for PC but all the physical versions do

Good question. Probably finalizing details.

KBM + 60fps will be nice. The only things I was realluy missing off of part 1.

I read people think the game will be on Steam since it's Activation like the COD games.

Steam would make sense. I don't see them choosing something like Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, etc. since they have no real affiliation with those companies.
I suppose they could go Windows Store, but that has been troublesome and excludes previous version of Windows. Even as a Win10 user I hope they don't use it. GOG's great on paper, but the social functions for Galaxy probably aren't ideal for a game like this.
Depending on how serious Bungie is about this initiative they could potentially use their own delivery system/service, too.

I'd assume getting the things together for the platform they're going to launch on... which leads me to.....

I read people think the game will be on Steam since it's Activation like the COD games.

I'm betting on windows store .

Windows store is instant fail....it might do good for a few months on there people forget about games on Windows Store even I forget about them.

Already talking about 2 dlc expansions before they even show any gameplay footage LMAO. Definitely not consider buying this at launch.

One thing I found Bungie those guys are pretty elitist when it comes to content in their game they make sure everything is balanced
they are in full control of their game the mechanics (except that Monster AI) that make the game work so well. I mean if you like The Truth Rocket Launcher with 3 shells
Bungie will Nerf it and give you 1 shell instead.

They'll get my money one way or another, I just hope this game ships in better shape than Destiny 1 did. It went gold with this odd plan of getting people to the maximum level (20 at the time) only to offer them a whole lot of nothing once you got there. The Taken King stuff finally made Destiny a really good game with a plan for keeping players occupied. Hopefully #2 doesn't have to have a massive DLC to make it worthwhile.

Since all my friends play this on Xbox; unless there is cross-platform support i'll be getting it on Xbox as well. I know games work cross-platform like Rocket League so hopefully this supports it as well. Would love to play on PC instead or Scorpio. I am one of those that played Destiny since year one before any expansion and it had always been fun, but that'a always because I played with a friend of mine whether doing strikes or story quests. The gameplay and shooting is fantastic and is super sharp. If you have a friend to play with Destiny is probably one of the best if not the best co-op experiences i've ever had. Put well over 150 hours into that game with friends of mine putting in hundreds more.

Since all my friends play this on Xbox; unless there is cross-platform support i'll be getting it on Xbox as well. I know games work cross-platform like Rocket League so hopefully this supports it as well. Would love to play on PC instead or Scorpio. I am one of those that played Destiny since year one before any expansion and it had always been fun, but that'a always because I played with a friend of mine whether doing strikes or story quests. The gameplay and shooting is fantastic and is super sharp. If you have a friend to play with Destiny is probably one of the best if not the best co-op experiences i've ever had. Put well over 150 hours into that game with friends of mine putting in hundreds more.
I hope there is cross platform, too. Just end this skill gap nonsense by supporting keyboard and mouse on consoles. Both the PS4 and Xbox ONE support it.

Back