Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about star citizen? ;)

Hehehe... Now that one is a true wildcard in all of this discussion. I bought two small ships for it myself. I'll admit, a total gamble too. I would personally lean toward it shaping up eventually, but I have no interest in trying to put a time limit on that like some people. It's WAY later than anticipated. It's also WAY bigger than anticipated. Sometimes a whole metric ton of shit happens. However, they're still working on it. They're still releasing modules. They've shown some rather shaky tendencies, but still manage to put out updates. It's still a total gamble. I hope that in the next couple of years I can get some enjoyment out of my little 315P and whatever the other one I got is... :D (that one was cheap and on sale, so I got it... :D ) We'll see. This is one that I can honestly say I don't know how it will turn out. I'm staying optimistic though.

game looks really really good. but I wish it would have 3rd person. whats the point of making a sexy cyborg chick if you cant watch her ass jiggle, right?! ;) I actually just prefer 3rd for some reason, some fp games makes my eyes hurt.

I am glad I am not the only one...not necessarily to see the goods jiggling, but being able to see my character immerses me more into the game. From what CDPR says they wanted more immersion with 1st player for the FOV...hmm exact opposite for me.

I am glad I am not the only one...not necessarily to see the goods jiggling, but being able to see my character immerses me more into the game. From what CDPR says they wanted more immersion with 1st player for the FOV...hmm exact opposite for me.

I could really go either way, but I tend to lean toward first person for immersion. Then I AM the character. However, I can get easily immersed in third person too. Even in silly cartoon platformers. I've been Mario in Mario 64. :D I never minded the view in Heavy Metal FAKK2 as another example. I'd say overall though, I was more in the game with the System Shock games.

Right cause cdprojekt hasn't made the same recycled games... for the past 10 years.. But hey they finally have a new IP... They get a pass now right?

If you honestly believe that CDPR releasing three games, of which the sequels demonstrably and significantly improved on each predecessor, over the course of 10 years is somehow analogous to Ubishite squirting out half baked formulaic reskinned sequels every 12 months then you are more intellectually bankrupt than what I originally gave you credit for. Either that or you are living proof that playing too many Ubishite games rots the brain and is responsible for early onset dementia.

Stop jumping on bandwagons man.. You embarrass yourself.

Your standard m.o. is to dismiss anyone calling out your nonsense as bandwagoning in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, the only person who should be ashamed are those white knighting and making excuses for billion dollar corporations who couldn't get two fucks about you riding to their defense on an online forum.

Cyberpunk looks great... I will be buying it.. so you can relax.

Doesn't at all detract from the utter ridiculousness of your posts.

But Blade-Runner likes to pick on me cause I don't jump on his reddit bandwagons.

You mean I consistently challenged and refuted your nonsense, then you ran away and claimed that you had put me on your ignore list. Deep down you must have been subconsciously missing all my truth bombs to have wanted to see my posts again.

I'm trying not to get stupid hyped about this game, but damn that gameplay demo just set me over the edge. I haven't looked forward to a game this much since Elder Scrolls (Oblivion/Skyrim). I love cyberpunk but Deus Ex was just too clean, and I could not get into the game at all.

Though there is part of me that sees this and knows it'll likely look nothing like this upon release. Though, if it looks ANYTHING close to that gameplay-wise....damn I'm going to have to take vacation to just sit and play for a month straight. That non-linear storyline looks good enough to keep one busy for QUITE a while.

The witcher 3 did so many things right. it was a fantastic experience of both world building and story telling. That is the same thing you will be getting here. man/machine vs corporations. It is going to be inherently political. I imagine a lot of people are going to hate it for that reason. I look forward to the vision of this world and to see what they do with the story.

People need to get over the first person thing. Seriously. Can I get Diablo 3 in first person? I'm going to throw a fit and sign online petition!

People need to get over the first person thing. Seriously. Can I get Diablo 3 in first person? I'm going to throw a fit and sign online petition!

Witcher 3 was good in third-person because of the melee combat. For gun-based combat I would much prefer first-person.

Second Person is where it's at, but you don't see much of that :p

I'm trying not to get stupid hyped about this game, but damn that gameplay demo just set me over the edge. I haven't looked forward to a game this much since Elder Scrolls (Oblivion/Skyrim). I love cyberpunk but Deus Ex was just too clean, and I could not get into the game at all.

Though there is part of me that sees this and knows it'll likely look nothing like this upon release. Though, if it looks ANYTHING close to that gameplay-wise....damn I'm going to have to take vacation to just sit and play for a month straight. That non-linear storyline looks good enough to keep one busy for QUITE a while.

The game demo was played in real time. If anything, I'm more certain that the game will look even better than it did in this 'brief' demonstration. I can't speak for consoles, but CDPR has stated that their target graphically is "next-gen" consoles. They also have no reason to not deliver a greater experience, fidelity wise, on PC versus console.

This game looks incredibly good. I spent the time to download the non-compressed high-bitrate video. And anyone that doesn't think this game doesn't look incredibly good visually isn't paying attention or can't see past Youtube compression. There is a lot of detail graphically and in the game world. Here's a brief synopsis of what I/we know and also just observation:
  • The explorable game world is incredibly large with a huge amount of verticality (due to buildings). There are absolutely no load screens between any of this.
  • NPC's "live their lives" in the world and it has a complete day and night cycle featuring different denizens and situations that can only happen during different times of day.
  • The lighting system and geometry detail is very high. Especially considering the amount of NPCs on screen in various portions of the demo.
  • The above combined with scale makes the world feel a lot more real than say the latest two Deus-Ex games. In both of those, DX:HR especially the world felt 'shrunken'. The scale was never correct. Even the width of the roads and the size of the cars was off. They basically wanted the game to feel like a big city and then shrunk everything down (part of the reason I'm sure is because they didn't want to have to fill a game world that size either). This game feels much more like it has the scale it needs to really feel like you're in a city of this size.
  • The usage of multiple languages is authentic. I was actually surprised at the detail used for the Japanese, not only in writing but spoken accurately as well (there is even a sign in half-japanese half-english while in the car sequence that was a nice touch). The game world feels very international (for those that haven't been to non-English speaking major cities in the world) as well as very lived in.
  • There seems to be a very large amount of possibilities for endgame. Regardless if you as the player character choose to go down and engineering path, netrunner, corpo. In addition to your cool and of course weapons and weapon choice. I'm very curious to know whether or not a 100% non-violent path is possible.
  • There is a lot of detail in character creation, specifically in regards to stats and backstory (for those not paying attention, pause through those screens. There are also a few youtube vids that have done an analysis).
  • As with the above, this game runs off of stats in a very RPG way. So even combat is determined by your modifiers and not necessarily your ability to be good at twitch gaming (hence the damage numbers coming up, and the game apparently does not have instant kills from headshots. At least they didn't show that ever ocurring. Although they did show two instant kills from "blowing off" two different enemy characters legs with the tech-shotgun). A very hybrid version of the pen and paper version of the game.
  • Destructible surroundings and walls. It will be interesting to see how many things are able to be destroyed. Certain weapons can also penetrate things, presumably without "wall destruction" as a way to conserve computing resources, but it will be interesting to see what it possible.
  • Sub-cultures are well developed. The Maelstrom Gang as was shown in this demo have body mods to the extent that they have butchered themselves in the name of transhumanism. As far as cutting off the front of their faces and front portion of their brains in order to modify themselves more. I also noticed that the Corpo agent had no "apparent" modifications but the game was "smart" enough to realize that even under scan that she could be incredibly dangerous. So the game has a lot of depth and sub-context to their characters. I imagine the concept of power will be explored a lot. Not just literally but also metaphorically. Of course a lot of this is because of Mike Pondsmith's writing in the original game and CDPR is just adapting it for this. But still it wasn't overlooked and a lot of thought was placed in.

Second Person is where it's at, but you don't see much of that :p

For the purposes of a video game, I don't see how that would be possible. Because either that would mean you aren't the first person character, but a character commenting on that first person character. Or vice versa. The easiest way grammatically to think about it is that the second person is when someone states: "you" as opposed to you stating "I". So, you want to be the narrator instead of the person playing the game? Or do you mean you'd rather play a game in first person, but rather than "hearing yourself" you'd rather have someone narrating what it is that you're doing? I'm not sure how that would even work.

Wikipedia:
"The second-person point of view is closest to the first person, with its possibilities of unreliability, but the point-of-view character is referred to as "you" rather than "I". This does not necessarily suggest that the reader is a character within the story, or is being addressed directly, but rather to suggest an alienated, emotional, or ironic distance, as is commonly the situation in the short fiction of Lorrie Moore and Junot Diaz."

Last edited:
The game demo was played in real time. If anything, I'm more certain that the game will look even better than it did in this 'brief' demonstration. I can't speak for consoles, but CDPR has stated that their target graphically is "next-gen" consoles. They also have no reason to not deliver a greater experience, fidelity wise, on PC versus console.

This game looks incredibly good. I spent the time to download the non-compressed high-bitrate video. And anyone that doesn't think this game doesn't look incredibly good visually isn't paying attention or can't see past Youtube compression. There is a lot of detail graphically and in the game world. Here's a brief synopsis of what I/we know and also just observation:
  • The explorable game world is incredibly large with a huge amount of verticality (due to buildings). There are absolutely no load screens between any of this.
  • NPC's "live their lives" in the world and it has a complete day and night cycle featuring different denizens and situations that can only happen during different times of day.
  • The lighting system and geometry detail is very high. Especially considering the amount of NPCs on screen in various portions of the demo.
  • The above combined with scale makes the world feel a lot more real than say the latest two Deus-Ex games. In both of those, DX:HR especially the world felt 'shrunken'. The scale was never correct. Even the width of the roads and the size of the cars was off. They basically wanted the game to feel like a big city and then shrunk everything down (part of the reason I'm sure is because they didn't want to have to fill a game world that size either). This game feels much more like it has the scale it needs to really feel like you're in a city of this size.
  • The usage of multiple languages is authentic. I was actually surprised at the detail used for the Japanese, not only in writing but spoken accurately as well (there is even a sign in half-japanese half-english while in the car sequence that was a nice touch). The game world feels very international (for those that haven't been to non-English speaking major cities in the world) as well as very lived in.
  • There seems to be a very large amount of possibilities for endgame. Regardless if you as the player character choose to go down and engineering path, netrunner, corpo. In addition to your cool and of course weapons and weapon choice. I'm very curious to know whether or not a 100% non-violent path is possible.
  • There is a lot of detail in character creation, specifically in regards to stats and backstory (for those not paying attention, pause through those screens. There are also a few youtube vids that have done an analysis).
  • As with the above, this game runs off of stats in a very RPG way. So even combat is determined by your modifiers and not necessarily your ability to be good at twitch gaming (hence the damage numbers coming up, and the game apparently does not have instant kills from headshots. At least they didn't show that ever ocurring. Although they did show two instant kills from "blowing off" two different enemy characters legs with the tech-shotgun). A very hybrid version of the pen and paper version of the game.
  • Destructible surroundings and walls. It will be interesting to see how many things are able to be destroyed. Certain weapons can also penetrate things, presumably without "wall destruction" as a way to conserve computing resources, but it will be interesting to see what it possible.
  • Sub-cultures are well developed. The Maelstrom Gang as was shown in this demo have body mods to the extent that they have butchered themselves in the name of transhumanism. As far as cutting off the front of their faces and front portion of their brains in order to modify themselves more. I also noticed that the Corpo agent had no "apparent" modifications but the game was "smart" enough to realize that even under scan that she could be incredibly dangerous. So the game has a lot of depth and sub-context to their characters. I imagine the concept of power will be explored a lot. Not just literally but also metaphorically. Of course a lot of this is because of Mike Pondsmith's writing in the original game and CDPR is just adapting it for this. But still it wasn't overlooked and a lot of thought was placed in.

For the purposes of a video game, I don't see how that would be possible. Because either that would mean you aren't the first person character, but a character commenting on that first person character. Or vice versa. The easiest way grammatically to think about it is that the second person is when someone states: "you" as opposed to you stating "I". So, you want to be the narrator instead of the person playing the game? Or do you mean you'd rather play a game in first person, but rather than "hearing yourself" you'd rather have someone narrating what it is that you're doing? I'm not sure how that would even work.

Wikipedia:
"The second-person point of view is closest to the first person, with its possibilities of unreliability, but the point-of-view character is referred to as "you" rather than "I". This does not necessarily suggest that the reader is a character within the story, or is being addressed directly, but rather to suggest an alienated, emotional, or ironic distance, as is commonly the situation in the short fiction of Lorrie Moore and Junot Diaz."

First of all, nice post. Agree completely.

Second, I was totally joking. (I've actually been trying to think of possible ways that could work (not seriously), but no...)

Wikipedia:
I get all of this, but how many times did they drive that "this isn't the final game" point. I've been burned enough by downgrades that I'm going to try to manage my own expectation and not get my hopes up.

Plus anytime a company does all this for "next gen hardware" that we haven't even seen yet, they a lot of the time end up overshooting the "next gen" capabilities, causing them to cut out A LOT from the game to make it playable. It's a problem that's plagued PC gaming for years. I personally hope they make it and release it for PC first then give it over to consoles as a launch title. Too many gaming companies release for consoles first, then port over to PC, it's about time we get the other way around.

Man I'm so glad I can play a game and just enjoy it.

That's a grossly undervalued ability.

I think there's something to the old saying "Everyone's a critic." Sometimes, it's just best to let go, and allow yourself to have a bit of fun. (I still like my fun to run at 60 frames per second though. :p )

First of all, nice post. Agree completely.

Second, I was totally joking. (I've actually been trying to think of possible ways that could work (not seriously), but no...)

To your credit and after thinking about it, there technically actually may have been several second person narrative stories in games.
Basically any time you're the silent protagonist and someone else is telling you what to do or what you've done I guess could be a type of second-person narrative. So, Bioshock 1 immediately comes to mind (especially with it's unreliable and eventually treacherous narrator). As does Doom 2016 (with the doctor).

I get all of this, but how many times did they drive that "this isn't the final game" point. I've been burned enough by downgrades that I'm going to try to manage my own expectation and not get my hopes up.

Plus anytime a company does all this for "next gen hardware" that we haven't even seen yet, they a lot of the time end up overshooting the "next gen" capabilities, causing them to cut out A LOT from the game to make it playable. It's a problem that's plagued PC gaming for years. I personally hope they make it and release it for PC first then give it over to consoles as a launch title. Too many gaming companies release for consoles first, then port over to PC, it's about time we get the other way around.

Driving home that what you see isn't the final game I think is more for things like final skills/abilities as well as balancing. Their only specific "re-announcement" for that mid-game was specifically for when they demonstrated quick-hacks as well as when they demonstrated high-level player abilities and a few later/end-game weapons.
To reiterate what my last post stated: it was played in real time. That wasn't something that was pre-rendered. In other words it's playable on current hardware. This wasn't a vertical slice or bullshots. There isn't a reason to scale back, at least not from a performance perspective on PCs. I tend to think, with at least with what CDPR have stated, that they are in the polishing, bug fixing, phase. Although I don't expect a massive improvement to graphical fidelity, I actually expect there to be some. Certain areas that were shown were much more polished than others (V's apartment as an example was much more polished than some of the walking around environments).
I think I can give CDPR enough credit to be able to scale games whether on PC or console correctly, at least in terms of graphics and performance.

That's a grossly undervalued ability.

I think there's something to the old saying "Everyone's a critic." Sometimes, it's just best to let go, and allow yourself to have a bit of fun. (I still like my fun to run at 60 frames per second though. :p )

Being unhappy and moody are just way more cool. Better to be jaded than to be hopeful about anything.
But I guess more than that, the mind is unreliable in terms of comparison and remembering things. We remember things we like as being better than they actually were objectively. I say that to say people think whatever is new that comes out "doesn't look as good", but that's because it's foreign. A new game basically has to look multiplicatively better than any previous game to be perceived as having any graphical improvement. If it has the same level of graphical fidelity it's perceived generally as "looking worse", because what is familiar "looks better".

These sorts of biases show up constantly when looking at how people react as a whole. It's tiresome in general because everyone reeks of such negativity. Because it's not enough to have your own opinion on what is best, everything else that doesn't fit into that category then must therefore be the worst. There isn't space for objectivity or for anyone else's opinion. Rather than say something "isn't for them", they'd rather state that "it's crap" by attempting to pick it apart in any number of ways. Most notably for video games, graphically (which I think is by far the lowest bar on whether a game will be good or not). Which again ties into the bias listed above, remembering things you like in a better light than something new and unknown.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 looks great only in a small part because of it's visuals. The purpose of it's visuals is to bring you in to a specific world. And the graphics are just a means to that end. Cyberpunk looks like a great game because of what you can do in it. Because of it's story. And for me, because I like RPGs and depth in story far more than graphics and twitch gaming. In other words, I'd choose a game like this over a game like Doom 2016. And that isn't to say that Doom isn't a great game, it's just not my type of game. This game is far more about player agency and choice and story. Those are things that draw me in and make games fun. If this game isn't for all those complainers, that's fine. But it will never cease to be a good (or even possibly a bad) game because of anything they've stated up to this point.

Last edited:
To your credit and after thinking about it, there technically actually may have been several second person narrative stories in games.
Basically any time you're the silent protagonist and someone else is telling you what to do or what you've done I guess could be a type of second-person narrative. So, Bioshock 1 immediately comes to mind (especially with it's unreliable and eventually treacherous narrator). As does Doom 2016 (with the doctor).

I was kind of thinking of something like this when I wrote that, but from the actual point of view of the other party, but that kind of mixes in the third again. Hellblade might be a decent example though...

I get all of this, but how many times did they drive that "this isn't the final game" point.

it has been mentioned that one of the reasons cyberpunk has taken so long is that they had to scrap some content and start from scratch. so that disclaimer only indicates they may rework parts of the game and change mechanics, depending on feedback.

They're driving that point home, because if they change anything at all, (for better or worse) SOMEONE is going to get all pissy, and start sending death threats and SWAT teams.

"Where's that blah blah blah I saw in the E3 footage?!?!?!?!? Put it back in or I'll bomb your mother's dog!"

They're driving that point home, because if they change anything at all, (for better or worse) SOMEONE is going to get all pissy, and start sending death threats and SWAT teams.

"Where's that blah blah blah I saw in the E3 footage?!?!?!?!? Put it back in or I'll bomb your mother's dog!"

Yeah, that hidden message they released stated as much. They don't want people to pull the "<feature/graphics/etc> is different! BLEEEEHHH!!" thing that always happens.

If the game looks exactly like it does now, I'm happy. Hell, even if there is a minor graphical downgrade (though I see no reason why there should be), the GAME ITSELF is what I want.

It's the Internet - someone will jump out of their sweatpants to declare a downgrade when the game is finally released.

Yeah people yelled "downgrade!" when the Witcher 3 came out too, it still managed to be the RPG of the decade. If in fact the game does get a downgrade I suspect its for a reason. Its not my place to tell the developer what to do with their product, they have its best interest at heart.

Yeah people yelled "downgrade!" when the Witcher 3 came out too, it still managed to be the RPG of the decade. If in fact the game does get a downgrade I suspect its for a reason. Its not my place to tell the developer what to do with their product, they have its best interest at heart.

The example that comes up a lot in regards to this is Watch_Dogs. Honestly, I think the problem there, besides the graphics being VASTLY different from what was shown, is that the game itself just wasn't good enough to handle that kind of a hit. Plus it's Ubisoft and, well, fuck 'em - they don't get the benefit of the doubt that CDPR does in my book.

Yeah. Ubisoft is much different. I really did not dig the latest ass Creed's graphics at all. Compared to the Witcher. Colors, textures and overall design were inferior. Witcher 3 with mods is a benchmark game for me. This game is the first in a long time that has me thinking must upgrade just to play it at max settings. The gameplay and potential story have me even more excited than the graphics though. Epic i hope.

• NPC's "live their lives" in the world and it has a complete day and night cycle featuring different denizens and situations that can only happen during different times of day."
I didn't know this. It's so nice to see a company other than Piranha Bytes do this

I didn't know this. It's so nice to see a company other than Piranha Bytes do this

How far that goes for all the NPC's of course is yet to be seen. But CDPR have shown the day/night cycle in the game. And have noted that (as an example) certain places that are hip and cool to hang out during the day, might be a bit more dangerous at night with an entirely different crowd. Gang activity and the like.
Really it's of course going to be an illusion (but all games are) in terms of how much each of these NPCs do at different times of day, but it will be a definite step forward versus what most games do post Zelda 64.

Should have shown the press A to win button in the demo. It was one of the stupidest nonsense I saw. The boss fight was more retarded than MARIO Odyssey boss fights. The slow mo shotgun crap was ridiculous. Tracking bullets. And can we stop the tough guy from barking all the time. I could even see the double cross coming from a mile away. Then people jizzing over an empty city. Car used to drive 5 meters to reach destination. The woman who sounded and looked like a hooker with a dusty mechanical vag. Atrocious weapon sounds. Clunky movement and aiming. Seriously? There was not a single thing I liked in the demo apart from the car design.

Attachments

• De Tomaso Pantera.png
    De Tomaso Pantera.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Yeah, that hidden message they released stated as much. They don't want people to pull the "<feature/graphics/etc> is different! BLEEEEHHH!!" thing that always happens.

If the game looks exactly like it does now, I'm happy. Hell, even if there is a minor graphical downgrade (though I see no reason why there should be), the GAME ITSELF is what I want.
Oh how the developers try to spin it as different instead of inferior. Widespread moaning wasn't about design choices it was about clear downgrades in graphics fidelity, effects removed or simplified. But even if it is a design choice, let me have the right to voice my resentment over change that I think is for the worse.

If it's coming in 2 or 3 years, it will be downgraded. The alpha footage was done with 1080Ti afaik, since Cyberpunk gonna hit consoles, it will be downgraded (same as with Witcher 3).
Of course, unless something big comes up and we'll see next gen consoles in a few years.

The game has ray tracing options. No console can or will be able to do ray tracing anytime soon. If anything future demonstrations may look better than what they did in this preview. I tend to believe that the developers learned their lesson as regards setting expectations.

Should have shown the press A to win button in the demo. It was one of the stupidest nonsense I saw. The boss fight was more retarded than MARIO Odyssey boss fights. The slow mo shotgun crap was ridiculous. Tracking bullets. And can we stop the tough guy from barking all the time. I could even see the double cross coming from a mile away. Then people jizzing over an empty city. Car used to drive 5 meters to reach destination. The woman who sounded and looked like a hooker with a dusty mechanical vag. Atrocious weapon sounds. Clunky movement and aiming. Seriously? There was not a single thing I liked in the demo apart from the car design.

My thoughts. Seems okay but nothing spectacular in anyway. Dialogue was not even in the same league as Mass Effect or Deus Ex. Combat looked okay but I can see it getting very repetitive if the game is long which by all accounts, will be. Story will probably suffer as well. Lots of filler activities, time to drive, pointless missions and generic dialogue to make you forget what is actually going on.

Hopefully they can polish up the game, but things like dialogue or story cohesion aren't exactly something you can fix last minute which is worrying me. Yes this was a small section of gameplay but if that is what they decided to show it doesn't seem promising.

There were some things I liked, some I didn't.

From what was show, this out-Deus-Ex's Deus Ex, if you know what I mean.

Eh, I see it more as a Deus Ex without direction based on what they have shown. Which would be worse. We'll see but it will be hard to make a game that long had a strong enough story to last 50-70 hours if you skip all the side crap.

Last edited:
After playing TW3, I am expecting the story on this game to be awesome. I absolutely fell in love with the world of The Witcher, and when I finished it, I felt empty. I loved the characters and the ambiance, the music, everything.

If this game takes the same mastery of story telling and brings it into a world I'm FAR more interested in (Cyberpunk as a genre) I'm in for a world of fun.

Some people are comparing this to Deus Ex, which is close, but Deus Ex is much more Cyber Noire, not Punk.

I think they purposely dumbed down the fights because they were demoing it and it was on a gamepad. I'm pretty sure they will tweak the AI to be better upon release because the demo AI was pure trash and I bet they know it. The dialogue was not too bad, I didn't mind it, I think it would've sounded better coming from a male character than a female, especially the end of the demo where she says something about her being on a crusade, it was pretty cliche but also a line I'd expect from a dude. As for the city, I think it looked fantastic but definitely not on the scale of something like GTA V and I wouldn't expect CDR to be able to pull that off given their size vs Rockstar.

I understand this was near beginning of the game content. In other words it was not representative of what final content or boss fights will be, but more of an introduction to combat and abilities. Thus the fights were rather easy.

I understand this was near beginning of the game content. In other words it was not representative of what final content or boss fights will be, but more of an introduction to combat and abilities. Thus the fights were rather easy.

Yup, like 99% of most game demos. They are trying to show off the game, not the kill screen.

I think they purposely dumbed down the fights because they were demoing it and it was on a gamepad. I'm pretty sure they will tweak the AI to be better upon release because the demo AI was pure trash and I bet they know it. The dialogue was not too bad, I didn't mind it, I think it would've sounded better coming from a male character than a female, especially the end of the demo where she says something about her being on a crusade, it was pretty cliche but also a line I'd expect from a dude. As for the city, I think it looked fantastic but definitely not on the scale of something like GTA V and I wouldn't expect CDR to be able to pull that off given their size vs Rockstar.

GTA V was an empty map. Cyberpunk will be a lot more detailed, or so I hope. It seems like they are putting some effort into making it feel like a city. That is more than what most developers do. Typically most games have cars drive around and people walking, maybe some scripted sequences here and there.

GTA V was an empty map. Cyberpunk will be a lot more detailed, or so I hope. It seems like they are putting some effort into making it feel like a city. That is more than what most developers do. Typically most games have cars drive around and people walking, maybe some scripted sequences here and there.

GTA4 did a better job than GTA5 at creating a dense urban city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back