Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Krenum, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

AceGoober likes this.
  2. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I'll take that slight glisten and an incorrect medallion over the over-waxed look of the other pic. :D

horrorshow and AceGoober like this.
  3. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

"did you just assume their gender" drama getting ugly

AceGoober likes this.
  4. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Shall I vomit now, or vomit later?

ghostwich and AceGoober like this.
  5. Ryan7968

Ryan7968 Limp Gawd

Things like this are why I don't really "get out" much on the internet. I rely on [H] for hardware news and opinions, and this is the only place where I post to talk about games. I appreciate the calm level-headedness of these forums.

It's not that I lack empathy for those different than me because I can certainly appreciate what others struggle with in their lives, but I just want to enjoy my hobby of gaming and stay away from drama. I think CDPR is great and it's sad to see them get embroiled in internet drama but I'm sure this will blow over. In watching that video I thought the forum post highlighted at the 5 minute mark was very nice but even that was pulled into and attacked by the internet hate machine.

6. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

eh, there are a ton of social issues and problems in the world. but I think a lot of the militant reactions do more to harm their cause then have any benefit. Some of these people just appear to be on a power trip.

ghostwich likes this.
  7. NickJames

NickJames [H]ardness Supreme

Sadly the internet has enabled these people to the point that the knee jerk reaction is to scramble to quickly resolve the issue. Which is why people like James Gunn got fired. 5 years ago? Who the fuck cares. Today? HANG HIM FOR HIS MISDEEDS! PUNISH ALL YE WHO TWEET HERE! The vocal minority is also the vocal majority when it comes to social media.

8. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

James Gunn is not a good example. He has a lot more questionable shit in his past, "pretending to be child" play and such. It is just weird

AceGoober and GhostCow like this.
  9. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Never go into the Soapbox.

10. diableri

diableri Gawd

I hate this kind of stupid crap around things like video games and social media in general (not talking about political social media issues, that deserves every bit of flak it catches regardless of issue or side of the aisle). This stuff in this context diminishes actual problems that truly need addressing. It just builds the apathy for real challenges people face.

11. jardows

jardows [H]ard|Gawd

Just wait until they add ray-tracing and you play it on an RTX! Gonna need sunglasses for all the shine!

AceGoober and J3RK like this.
  12. NickJames

NickJames [H]ardness Supreme

So we're supposed ostracize people with strange fetishes now? The guy made some stupid jokes in the past (which he apologized for and removed prior to working with Disney), that shouldn't influence what happens to his future. It's not like the exec's at Disney didn't do their research, all you have to do is look at his IMDB history to see his pattern for weird shit in movies.

13. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I tend to agree. I have my own ideas for what's weird all the way to tasteless, but unless he actually physically harmed someone, or was convicted of a nasty crime or something, I don't think he should be punished for being weird. I may even think he's a scumbag, (I'm more or less impartial for the record) but there's a difference between me not liking someone, and them not being able to continue working because of it. I have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to peoples' behavior too. I guess there could be a point where I just think someone is sick, and shouldn't be in contact with other humans period, but that's generally reserved for some pretty serious stuff. (like I mentioned physical harm, severe emotional harm, or anything directly impacting children)

14. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

AceGoober likes this.
  15. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

So as not to let the SJW's steal attention away from real news, here is some actual Cyberpunk 2077 updates:

Cyberpunk 2077 is now playable start to finish; huge milestone for the Dev Team:
    https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-daylight-interview/

The Demo played at GamesCon was an updated version of the one shown at E3 with a few new tidbits:
    http://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-preview-gamescom-2018-demo-walkthrough/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/23/cyperpunk-2077-differences-between-the-e3-and-gamescom-demos

Still no release date, no new trailer, just an "ultra polished" behind closed door demo that journalists are almost uniformily freaking out over.

Seelenlos, Q-BZ, AceGoober and 3 others like this.
  16. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

AceGoober and Q-BZ like this.
  17. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

After reading the synopsis of that first mission.... I am kind of glad they did not release video. Just the text is spoiling part of the game. :)

18. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

19. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

20. cvinh

cvinh [H]ard|Gawd

youtube link for those are work

21. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

22. TaintedSquirrel

23. KamelRed

KamelRed [H]ard|Gawd

Gonna try and keep from spoiling myself too much on this game. Lord, grant me the strength....

24. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Since some people are trying to avoid spoilers (in which case this thread is going to become an increasing minefield) all I will say is holy shit. I liked the E3 trailer but it didnt convey how playing the game would actually feel. My hype is at 11 now. The density of the world and the street crowds, the character creator, the heavy Bladerunner influence to the environments and architecture, this game is going to be a milestone.

Almost immediately it clicked why the game is taking so long to produce, there is so much detail everywhere that had to be fleshed out.

This feels like the videogame equivalent of a half million dollar Supercar, like if you've ever been up close to or sat in a Bugatti, Koenigsegg, etc - there's that unmistakable sense of high quality that oozes from every detail. And it looks alien, because we're used to most cars being built to look a certain bland and assembly-lined way.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    GhostCow and J3RK like this.
  25. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

26. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

48 minutes of Gameplay from official Cyberpunk 2077

Comixbooks, Andym22 and northrop like this.
  27. Bowman15

Bowman15 [H]ard|Gawd

Looks like every other shooter...

28. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

After seeing the first 10min, I'm reminded of the fact they're sticking to their guns on nudity, and handling it seriously as a normal part of human existence rather than novelty or for shock value.

Basically, "we understand ESRB/PEGI age ratings exist, but the fact does not create a sense of obligation to bend our artistic vision" - bravo.

AceGoober, Business6 and GhostCow like this.
  29. TaintedSquirrel

Secret message:

https://i.redd.it/23ktt23qvoi11.jpg

AceGoober, GhostCow and northrop like this.
  30. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

This will be out in time for the holidays next year easily looking at this.

This isn't cyber Witcher 3 and it was never promised as such.

What I do see here is a much darker and grimmer combination of: Deus Ex, Fifth Element, GTA, Blade Runner, and a few other things with hopefully solid gameplay and (probably) solid story going for it.

This looks awfully polished already. Overall I expect a damned good game. Some of the hype absolutely impossible right now. Nothing will be that good.

AceGoober, GhostCow, northrop and 3 others like this.
  31. TaintedSquirrel

32. polonyc2

so does the fact that the game is now completely playable mean it's coming out in 2019?

33. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Sounds like there's still a lot of changes that could happen so who knows. Maybe end of 2019 / early 2020?

AceGoober likes this.
  34. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I honestly can't see how it wouldn't barring something ridiculous looking at this.

35. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

they tend to be perfectionists so.... i would be surprised. I also am wondering how youtube will handle the nudity. for example, you can see it in the video above, but will that remain the case? I mean people here get excited at the sight of a nipple, so that must be bad....

36. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

Already triggering some of the SJW game devs.

AceGoober, Q-BZ and GhostCow like this.
  37. TaintedSquirrel

Did he just assume her gender?

Porter_, AceGoober, Andym22 and 4 others like this.
  38. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Assume as in guess, or as in take over?

39. polonyc2

animated cartoon nudity is OK...

AceGoober likes this.
  40. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Nipple.

AceGoober likes this.