• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Single Player Demo

well if you try to look maybe you can find...

EA/crytek/crysis sp demo/bin32/crysis

Can we be a bit more lazy? maybe i should go into detail on how to shut off your pc?
 
It's Farcry 1.5. That's not a bad thing in my books as Farcry was superb. Looks very similar to Farcry, plays the same but with a silly / annoying nanosuit. Overall - a little underwhelmed. Half-Life 2 - Episode Two is 10 times more fun.
 
Holy crap I honestly thought Crysis wasn't going to be all they said it was....guess what guys IT IS!

With the specs in sig I was running everything on high and getting a constant 30FPS except in some of the cinematics.

Has anyone tired the editor yet?

It's pretty amazing. Admitedley I don't really know what the hell to do but I did figure out how to spawn in the NK attack chopper and have some serious fun with all the little NK outposts :D


P.S. Cloak + throat grab FTW!
 
It's Farcry 1.5. That's not a bad thing in my books as Farcry was superb. Looks very similar to Farcry, plays the same but with a silly / annoying nanosuit. Overall - a little underwhelmed. Half-Life 2 - Episode Two is 10 times more fun.

HL2 EP2 is hardly fun.

I have to say after playing the demo I was getting better frames then I anticipated. Run it all on high except shadows which were on medium, 1680x1050, and it was very playable. To be honest, I sat in a hummer with the m249 gunning down trees for a solid 30 minutes straight, then put on maximum strength and punched up some buildings. My faith in Crysis has been restored. :D
 
Well, I'm downloading it now, I will see if it's better then Call of Duty 4... that game (demo) was very impressive to me although I've kinda been living in a box in terms of new games so if Crysis is better I'll be happy.
 
be sure to set everything to medium or else you'll be in for a shocker.

I'm going to try high settings first, but will probably lower it to medium because of frame rate issues, I might get away with it because I play games in a fairly low resolution though.
 
Holy crap captain! Played the demo for 10 minutes and it runs like a dog on medium, no AA, shaders low. Looks terrible on these settings. Yep a Q6600 @ 2.9GHz with a 8800GTS doesn't cut it with this game. Looks like I'm gonna have to dig around for some performance tips. How tedious. Where's that performance thread... :D


Then you have another problem....my C2D 3.2ghz, 8800GTS 640mb, and 3gb of ram make it very playable at 1920x1200 with all medium settings (no AA) and it looks pretty good. I won't call it FAST, but it is alot better than I expected. Make sure your system is patched, maybe you need the MS patch about 3d virtual memory mapping, it's a game specific patch and when the demo was finished installing it specifically told me I needed an important patch. Is your GTS the 320mb model?
 
I just installed the Nvidia 169.01 beta drivers. The performance increase is massive for me. Much smoother. Yay!

The Crysis .exe is called crysis.exe and it is in the Bin32 folder



ahhhh....there you go.....
 
It's almost embarrassing how much this demo is like FarCry. You got your tropical island... wandering guards which you tag with binoculars..... patrol boats with machine guns.... etc...

The enemy AI does seem better though, especially in terms of spotting you. And the power suit is actually pretty damn fun. Seems like a good game, I'll buy it.

Still can't get FRAPs to work though, which is odd. Vista 32. DX10.
 
It's almost embarrassing how much this demo is like FarCry. You got your tropical island... wandering guards which you tag with binoculars..... patrol boats with machine guns.... etc...

The enemy AI does seem better though, especially in terms of spotting you. And the power suit is actually pretty damn fun. Seems like a good game, I'll buy it.

Still can't get FRAPs to work though, which is odd. Vista 32. DX10.


Exactly mirrors my sentiments, but I still play Far Cry, so it fits me like a glove. The added weapon options and nanosuit give me an added dimension to the game. I will be buying it no doubt. And yeah, I can't get FRAPS to work either in Vista32.
 
I get the same problem with Vista. No shortcuts, start menu entry or games browser entry for almost anything i install. Even if i select the option during install. Its a pain in the ass having to wade through the program files folder just to manually create a shortcut to the game.
Yep. I was like WTF?

For those that can't find it it's under Program Files>Electronic Arts>Crytek>Crysis SP Demo>Bin32>Crysis.
 
Why on earth would they totally alienate it from Far Cry.

It had the best AI yet together with F.E.A.R. Great weapons, settings and gameplay. It still has new features like the new suit which make you feel like a predator... Kind of fitting in these environments lol. Absolutely fantastic. Gameplay, sound, visuals it´s all there just hope the aliens are fun to fight with and a good story to top it off and it´s gonna be a masterpiece :D.

It runs better then expected at max settings as well. Though the 64-bit version doesn´t work at all hope they manage to fix that...
 
Anybody running a x1800-1900XT? What settings did you get out of it? For me(with the latest Cat drivers), when everything was set on medium, I had a ton of missing textures. If I set textures and shader quality to high, the textures were there. But I had to drop it down to a crappy res to play(1152x864). Must be my 1gb of ram that is slowing me down, and probably my processor too.

But I had a blast playing the game. I sat in the humvee for a good while just mowing down trees :D
 
Just tried the demo and what an awesome experience it was. The game is absolutely the most beautiful visual experience ever created and I was surprised to check, that my system can handle it pretty well.
I have about half the settings set to high and the rest set to medium @1024x768 and it's smooth. Rarely get slowdowns, but they happen once in a while. I'm still in awe with the attention to detail in this game.

Just amazing demo and thus far, it lived up to the hype and then some. Can't wait for the full game.
 
Hilarious, at playable framerates, the game looks exactly like Farcry. Maybe I should have just reinstalled Farcry instead of downloading this demo.

What exactly were you expectin? For Crysis to make all your hardware faster?!?!

The game just because it's newer doesnt mean it will squeeze more out of your hardware, it will look better when you put more money in to your PC to turn everything to "very high"

I was playing the demo at 1280x800 with 4xaa and everything on high, everything on very high was a little too jerky although im sure theres some settings that could be on very high and still remain playable. I dont like dropping the resolution like that so Im about to test with 1920x1200 instead, with no AA, will report back.

Specs and OS in Sig
 
Just tried the demo and what an awesome experience it was. The game is absolutely the most beautiful visual experience ever created and I was surprised to check, that my system can handle it pretty well.
I have about half the settings set to high and the rest set to medium @1024x768 and it's smooth. Rarely get slowdowns, but they happen once in a while. I'm still in awe with the attention to detail in this game.

Just amazing demo and thus far, it lived up to the hype and then some. Can't wait for the full game.

I agree to what you said. Amazing demo!
 
I'm on an E6700/8800GTX and I'm happy with 1920x1080 with settings on medium. I'd guess I'm at 40'ish fps.
Anyone know how to enable vsync without using the Nvidia driver switch?
 
Is it just me or is there loads of mouse lag here, either they've some sort of acceleration forced on or it's just my frame rates, even when im running like 40fps average aiming is still tricky.
 
With the specs in sig I was running everything on high and getting a constant 30FPS except in some of the cinematics.

Let me know how you managed that, I'm running a Q6600@3.6 with a GTX and I can't keep a constant 30 on High.
 
Let me know how you managed that, I'm running a Q6600@3.6 with a GTX and I can't keep a constant 30 on High.

Might be the fact I'm running XP or the fact that my system is pretty much brand new built it last month.

Driver wise I'm using the older 163.71 XP drivers. Haven't tried the 169.01 drivers yet.

Also try running the sandbox editor one time. I messed around in the editor and then loaded up the demo again I got even more FPS.

Other than that the only thing I could guess is that God likes me :D
 
DO NOT change your video settings while in game. Save and then quit to the menu then change them and then reload your save, you'll get frame rates much more matched to your frame rate.

Also I've got a 2560x1600 max res monitor, all resolutions seem to be showing up in the menu except 1680x1050 and 1440x990
 
Are any of you able to enable surround sound? I didn't even see many sound options?
 
HL2 EP2 is hardly fun.

I have to say after playing the demo I was getting better frames then I anticipated. Run it all on high except shadows which were on medium, 1680x1050, and it was very playable. To be honest, I sat in a hummer with the m249 gunning down trees for a solid 30 minutes straight, then put on maximum strength and punched up some buildings. My faith in Crysis has been restored. :D


HL2 Ep 2 not fun? How come? It's the most fun I've had in a game for ages, loads of laugh out load moments during crazy gunfights. You must hate games if you can't enjoy this game.

I still stand by that Crysis feels like Farcry 1.5, hopefully the offical Farcry 2 will be a bit less po faced and serious. Must be a Germanic thing!
 
Is it just me or is there loads of mouse lag here, either they've some sort of acceleration forced on or it's just my frame rates, even when im running like 40fps average aiming is still tricky.

Turn down Postprocessing to "medium" or better yet "low", this will improve that mouse lag feel.
 
Let me know how you managed that, I'm running a Q6600@3.6 with a GTX and I can't keep a constant 30 on High.

With my 2900 at 840/840, all settings on high, no AA @1680x1050 I get 22-36, with the average being around 27-28. I've been using FRAPS to capture these numbers.
Oddly enough, it still feels smooth and playable even at 22 FPS.
This game is brutal on video cards.
 
Anybody here get DX10 to run in Vista 64??
All I get is the first screen about the deom(words) and it wont go further.
I can get it to go just fine if I select DX9.
I also got no shortcut in my Vista.....however the game is stored in the "games" folder option in the start menu.......go figure.:eek:
 
Was anyone able to successfully force AA? I've got the control panel to let the application decide, but when I set AA, it just reverts to none :(

I know that the GTS 320MB won't do well, but I just want to see what High + 16xQ AA looks like :D
 
Turn down Postprocessing to "medium" or better yet "low", this will improve that mouse lag feel.

Thats things like motion blur right?

It's not motion blur, It was just my settings were too high causing low FPS, I think the problem is that advanced setting changes while you're in game lower the quality of what you're looking at but doesnt improve your FPS any, you need to reload the map, it's a lot better now.
 
Thats things like motion blur right?

It's not motion blur, It was just my settings were too high causing low FPS, I think the problem is that advanced setting changes while you're in game lower the quality of what you're looking at but doesnt improve your FPS any, you need to reload the map, it's a lot better now.

Yes, you need to exit your current game, change settings, then re-load. I make sure to exit the game back to the desktop completely though just to be sure.

Postprocessing does affect the mouse lag feel, it adds a motion blur effect when you move the mouse, lowering this quality will improve mouse movement performance since it is rendering less motion blur. At very high or high it is rendering more motion blur when you move the mouse, and if you don't have a really really fast video card, you will get poor performance with it. Postprocessing at Medium is my preffered setting.
 
Yes, you need to exit your current game, change settings, then re-load. I make sure to exit the game back to the desktop completely though just to be sure.

Postprocessing does affect the mouse lag feel, it adds a motion blur effect when you move the mouse, lowering this quality will improve mouse movement performance since it is rendering less motion blur. At very high or high it is rendering more motion blur when you move the mouse, and if you don't have a really really fast video card, you will get poor performance with it. Postprocessing at Medium is my preffered setting.

I'm assuming you guys are running your games on Vista 64????
Any tricks on how to get it to render in DX10????
I'm pretty new to Vista, and this demo wont go in DX10 from the games>crysissp>DX10??
Any help???
 
If you're getting low FPS lower your shadows first because these take up the most resources to render. Anyone know the in-game console command to show FPS?
 
this is new farcry...well that is what I think anyway LOL

but the damage these guys can take is way over the top.
Hell I show a whole clip into one and he ran off...

Did you notice where its almost impossible to get in close to an enemy?
Everything is tooooo far away.

the suit controls suck too. Of course I think they could have left this part out.
ITS going to cause hell in online team play.
 
Exactly mirrors my sentiments, but I still play Far Cry, so it fits me like a glove. The added weapon options and nanosuit give me an added dimension to the game. I will be buying it no doubt. And yeah, I can't get FRAPS to work either in Vista32.

I'm using FRAPS no poblem; vista 32.
 
Back
Top