Crysis Single Player Demo

I used Fraps for my screenshots. The free version only lets you do .BMP shots, and the registered (You pay for it) version lets you do JPG. ect.
Didn't see anything in the demo for screenshots myself.
 
medium settings ftw.

the nuke tank first and the tac second.

crysis2007110718035635fe1.bmp

crysis2007110718035714tp1.bmp

crysis2007110718035810lf9.bmp

crysis2007110718035953ss1.bmp

crysis2007110718040059mh8.bmp

crysis2007110718040162yw5.bmp

crysis2007110718040425xc2.bmp

crysis2007110718040568ni1.bmp

crysis2007110718041471nt3.bmp



crysis2007110718123665nj7.bmp

crysis2007110718123760gj7.bmp

crysis2007110718123853le5.bmp

crysis2007110718124009sv8.bmp


The debris kicked up is cool cause it flattens nearby stuff. I just heard a crash and look behind me and saw a truck crushed by one of those rocks flying. Do not want to be on a map where these 2 things can be used against you.
 
ok the other thread I couldn't understand and find the link for the file

http://preview.tinyurl.com/38gr2h
this is what I found after a while of google searching, this tinyurl link is download for level.rar from fp

using this page it tells you - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=522 -

'Extract the level.pak file and dump it into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Levels\island. Either overwrite the exisiting level.pak in there, or rename it to something with a different extension (e.g. .old) if you don’t wanna have to reinstall the demo later.'

I removed the old level.pak outside the crysis directory as some said it gave problems. Start a new game also on normal or higher difficulty.

Then right after you see the guy strung up in the trees and you do the maximum jump to take on the next two soldiers just keep going till you are looking over the first base where you have to disable some jammer or something and you will see weapons. If you are getting shot up by some white stuff then look up and see the alien thing. (spoiler alert?) and kill it. You go left of that first base and you will see all the weapons and such. Have fun figuring out which one is the nuke tank :)
 
What are the tanks called though? I see american tank and asian tank...none of them shoot nukes though!
 
I hope they do what they showed in the nuke video. I've failed to see anything close to that.

You'd have to have one hell of a system to handle that though :), as you can see from my above vid, even the nukes now slow down a lot in the physics area.
 
I used Fraps for my screenshots. The free version only lets you do .BMP shots, and the registered (You pay for it) version lets you do JPG. ect.
Didn't see anything in the demo for screenshots myself.

open the BMP in paint and save it as JPEG. simple.
 
Wanted to put it in here that on release week (ad says in store Wed), Circuit City has the regular version for $40, the LE for $50, and you get a $10 GC with the purchase of either version.

That just sold me on Crysis ;)

And yea, it's accurate information, my buddy pulled it off a deal site but I'm sure it'll be on Slick Deals and the like in no time at all... I think he got it off neoGAF.
 
I hope they do what they showed in the nuke video. I've failed to see anything close to that.

my system would most likely choke and die if it tried to do that promo video as an actual game but the nuke explosion is pretty much better than anything else I have ever come across. You do have shit come at you in a wave but my card is only at mid settings so I have no idea what it looks like on very high with everything maxed. I would assume it is a ton better than what I saw on my system which was in itself pretty cool. This is a demo map with the nuke tank thrown in. It has helicopter controls blacked out in settings but you can kind of fly the chopper just using height and tilt. I would assume that it would also look more seamless and intense in the actual game.
 
I just ran through the demo again with 4 gigs of DDR2 800 and the game utilized at least 2.17 gigs, just an fyi to everyone. I did notice a significant performance jump in this game going from 2 to 4 gigs of RAM and it definitely enables you to increase the graphic settings; for me, this was from high, to mostly very high on 1650 by 1080 with no blips in-game, except for loading times.
 
my system would most likely choke and die if it tried to do that promo video as an actual game but the nuke explosion is pretty much better than anything else I have ever come across. You do have shit come at you in a wave but my card is only at mid settings so I have no idea what it looks like on very high with everything maxed. I would assume it is a ton better than what I saw on my system which was in itself pretty cool. This is a demo map with the nuke tank thrown in. It has helicopter controls blacked out in settings but you can kind of fly the chopper just using height and tilt. I would assume that it would also look more seamless and intense in the actual game.

the tac is a very small nuke as well. im not sure something like that would have any real use, a conventional explosive would be just as powerful, and less messy.
 
Matt, are you able to run very high shaders and anti-aliasing at 1680 x 1050 with 4gb of ram?
 
Has anyone noticed any benefit at all running the game at DX 10 if you are going to only use High detail settings?


I notice that there is a performance decrease in DX10 even if you only run the game on High.
 
zombeh, how are you managing to get such a high frame rate with very high settings?

I normally don't play all very high, i was in this screenshot. But if you play in a lower resolution like 1024x768 you will get better frame rates. Running in a window seems to do better too.

I normally play with post processing on high, shaders on high, everything else Very high.

Then i run these commands:

con_restricted=0 (this lets you run tweak commands)
r_sunshafts = 1 (this feature shows the sun rays through trees)
 
That's exactly what happened. Even with 2xAA performance sucks. Is it just me or the graphics don't look any better with AA?

On a good monitor with close spacing between pixels it's not very noticeable. (To me)

I run 1600x1200 on my 17" (viewable) CRT and I don't notice any diff for 0 x AA and 4 x AA.

I do notice slightly on CoD4 though. Again I don't notice on UT3.

I'd rather spend my frames adding godrays and setting some things on very high :)
 
fudge i actually want to get a xbox360 first and here comes a game like crysis which begs my computer get a computer graphics card upgrade...fucking son of a bitch. oh well i think i might just get an xbox cuz im crying for a console to play guitar hero on.
 
Back
Top