• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Single Player Demo

i ran the exe out of both folders. i couldnt tell any different though

i am on vista 64
 
I got Crysis running just fine in 64-bit mode under XP64.

The profile in the 169.01 drivers from NVIDIA have SLI shut off for the demo, and forcing them on crashes the game for me (except AFR1 which does nothing.)

At 1680x1050 with everything on high (no AA) I'm getting 22 FPS average with this rig:
 
Same here, x64 version is probably for xp x64. Its runs pretty good with it but i think it still need a lot more optimizing :). Its a fun game though thats for sure from what i played so far :cool:
 
Just beat the game. Impressive. Now, wait for the 8800GT or smth better and will be ready for a game.
 
What were your average framerates on very high, despite being unplayable I'm curious to know.
jonneymendoza's right. They were nasty and I didn't last long there, cause the mouse proved far to laggy to be effective. I'm not going back either, cause it looked awesome and I would be sad to know it's not gonna happen. :D

Forget what I said. After I reran the game the graininess went away. I guess it was because I changed settings in the middle of the game...
I noticed this as well. Performance took a nice little dive too.

...forcing AA/AF in the nVidia control panel does nothing for Crysis (Using latests beta btw)
So am I and Aniso works in Vista x86 when running DX10 mode. It made a very noticeable difference when looking down the sand...which I actually did a lot in this game.

Guys, how many turtles did you see?
2 or 3 I think. I did manage to toss them around, but the crabs were just too quick for me. :D

**complete repost from shacknews if you read...sorry for the dejavu**

Story time!!

Ok, so the background sound's there just like Halo and Farcry before it. What I didn't expect tho was to hear the "buzzing bee" from Aureal 3d's sound demo from a bit back. When you walk over grass, you hear it behind you. Spin a little bit and oh...there's the subtle motion blur.

For added fun, pick up a red barrel w/ the flame on it and toss it over the ocean w/ maximum strength. Now shoot it w/ the pistol and watch in awe. This can also be done w/ the barrel in a truck parked in the hut. Walk 10 paces, turn and BOOM! The hut and truck blow up in about 20 pieces w/ lots of smoke and fire.

Picking up ammo, going down stairs, picking up boxes...all of it you'll see your hands actually go down and do it. There's no quick run over the box and your good. I had to use stealth to get behind the baddies, pick it up, then speed to get away. Now that I've got the ammo, it's time to hang back and watch them for awhile. Eventually one separates from the pack. He's on a hill, so I hit him w/ the tranquilizer bullet and watch the poor guy slowly slump and take a tumble. Now asleep @ my feet, I decide to wait for him to wake up...then I tagged him w/ the tranq in the melon and he slumps again.

Every load proved different. This is on hard, so I'm not sure how it'll play out on other levels, but they do not have strict paths. They have you...they hear you, they move towards you convincingly. Gone are the "instasnipers" from Farcry, these guys WILL NOT see you sneak up from behind a tree, bush, etc. Alright, that's enough. Stop reading now and go play this game!

PS. the graphics are nice
 
This might have been asked earlier, because I didn't check, but my screen goes black randomly through a lot of the cut scenes. Exiting back to the main menu and then going back into the cut scene brings back the picture though. Kind of annoying....


Running the new nvidia beta drivers
Winxp pro 32bit
compy in sig
 
OK weird issue here. I was playing DX10 just fine. Decided to fuck around with DX9, that went well too. Now when I go in to DX10 the menu freezes. Anyone else get this?
 
OK weird issue here. I was playing DX10 just fine. Decided to fuck around with DX9, that went well too. Now when I go in to DX10 the menu freezes. Anyone else get this?

Same for me but I never got DX10 mode to run. I can run DX9 just fine but when I launch with DX10, it freezes on one of the logo screens. This sucks!!!
 
I've tried every tweak I can think of, but still can't get the demo to work. I don't get it, because a lot of people seem to run it well on systems that aren't quite as robust as mine. Some of you mentioned running DX9 and DX10 versions. How do you know which version is operating?
 
I finished the demo under VistaU 32 bit, with an 640mb 8800GTS and 3gb ram, C2D clocked at 3.2ghz. Settings were 1920x1200, global options all to "medium" and it looks pretty good, better than Far Cry by far...I love the suit and gun options, I use my two side mouse buttons to access them on the fly. As far as frame rate, it's playable, not bad at all. I had to get a windows upddate something about virtual memory adressing ( I think) for 3d games before I even played, maybe that helped since I am not seeing the incredibly low framerates some of you are.

I am going to rerun it with FRAPS so that I know wht fps I am getting, I went through the first time with it off so I would not worry about that and just be able to concentrate on how the game played, and I must say, it was better than I was expecting after reading all of the doom and gloom posts about how bad it was.
 
So much for the "recommended" hardware, eh?

Downloading the demo now - excited to see how it looks.
 
Well I just finished it again, but this time I payed more attention to the story elements. Hardware crysis aside :p, this is one entertaing action game with a hint of survival horror. This time I played it a bit more cover op which I actually found more satisfying than charging enemies head on.
 
Hilarious, at playable framerates, the game looks exactly like Farcry. Maybe I should have just reinstalled Farcry instead of downloading this demo.

Then go play Far Cry. Stop complaining because you can't play a game that is known to have the most demanding hardware components to run at ultra high settings.
 
In Very High it looks like a dream

but it doesn't play like one with current hardware :eek:
Knowing you've access to some "dream" hardware doesn't make it any better Brent. :p For now tho, I think it's best to start w/ low settings and work yourself up. Just for kicks, I loaded up DX10 w/ 1080p, Very High, and 8xQ. Within 2 minutes, I had already switched back to playable settings as it's just too painful to know what I "will" be playing in a year. :(
 
Well I just finished it again, but this time I payed more attention to the story elements. Hardware crysis aside :p, this is one entertaing action game with a hint of survival horror. This time I played it a bit more cover op which I actually found more satisfying than charging enemies head on.
I loved playing farcry covert ops style. Charging usually got me killed. Stealth let me creep up behind a dude and whack him without any of his friends knowing. That or sniping. <3 sniping. I cant wait for the scope attachment to show up.
 
finished downloading the demo...took 48 minutes to complete the download...

my early impressions:

damn this is gonna be a system killer for a lot of people...I first started playing at 1600 x 1200 with all Graphical settings on 'High' + 4x AA...low frame rates and not very playable...lowered settings down to 1360 x 1024 with everything on 'High' and 4X AA and the game is a lot smoother and playable but not ideal...hopefully Crytek will continue to optimize the code for this game as this is the first game my system has struggled with

as for the game itself...

nothing spectacular so far but the game does look very nice...I think making the player start off in the middle of the night diminishes the 'Wow' factor a bit as things looked a bit grainy...the nanosuit also requires a bit of a learning curve as their are a bunch of different settings the player needs to get used to (the default mapping also sucks---they made the 'Mouse Wheel' button the key that activates the nanosuit, but it is very difficult to maneuver through the settings with that key binding)

a bit too many early lengthy cutscenes which takes away from the learning curve

the game seems like it would look spectacular with DX10...the lighting, facial animations, vegetation etc look very good and I could only imagine what they look like in DX10...this game makes me want to buy a new system
 
My system cried, but it was fun. It played a lot like Farcry but that's a good thing in my book.

Haha and I instantly thought "Trojan Suit" when I saw the Nanosuit. (From the maker of the bear suit)
 
Yes, starting the mission at night does diminish the impact somewhat but hey, it's for story purposes.

The problem is current day LCDs are so horrible at black reproduction. It just comes out dithered and shimmering grey.
 
cant wait! I finally have time to get it now...wo0t!
 
Or perhaps you should have done the research and realized that the GTS 320 doesn't have enough VRAM to work well in new games on the highest settings.


Rubbish, I did my research and a 8800GTS 320MB was considered overkill for 1280 x 1024 gaming 6 months ago. The benchmarks and reviews were all positive. It is only recently that games are pushing the VRAM envelope. WiC is a prime example. Half-Life 2 - Episode Two runs flawlessly with everything maxed (16x AA 16 AS) so it seems to be the DX10 developed games that are the poor performers.

Only 20 minutes left till the download finishes. Getting it from Gamespot at 260kbps.
 
Just finished the demo.
Kudos to CryTek, they've done it again. It looks spectacular (the best looking game/engine released till date), and it runs great considering the level of visuals you are looking at.
And it's fun too :)

Too many people have forgotten that back when Far Cry was released, most people were still on resolutions around 1024x768 to 1280x1024. In recent times they have gotten so accustomed to their huge widescreens that they forgot that 1024 is still the most common res out there.

The game/engine is optimized as much as Far Cry was, or even more than. You are just playing it on a resolution twice as large as you did on Far Cry when it was released, which is why your expectations for performance were too high.

At 1280x1024, it runs better than I expected with most settings on High, couple on medium (I get about 25 fps average @ 1280 most settings on high). Hell even medium settings in this game looks better than Ultra High in other games/engines.

I can't wait for retail.
 
Holy crap captain! Played the demo for 10 minutes and it runs like a dog on medium, no AA, shaders low. Looks terrible on these settings. Yep a Q6600 @ 2.9GHz with a 8800GTS doesn't cut it with this game. Looks like I'm gonna have to dig around for some performance tips. How tedious. Where's that performance thread... :D
 
Can anyone tell me how to play this game? I've installed it twice, and there is no shortcut anywhere on my computer.

When I do a vista search for 'crysis' the only thing that comes up is the installation file I downloaded.

Any ideas?
 
easiest is to remember where you installed it ;). program files/EA something look for that...

Has anyone here managed to get DX 10 version to work? It hangs for me on the menues :(. Running the latest crysis betas for my 8800 GTX...
 
It never asked me where to install it. I just clicked the downloaded file, and it installed straight away, no mention of folders, nothing?
 
I just installed the Nvidia 169.01 beta drivers. The performance increase is massive for me. Much smoother. Yay!

The Crysis .exe is called crysis.exe and it is in the Bin32 folder
 
Can anyone tell me how to play this game? I've installed it twice, and there is no shortcut anywhere on my computer.

When I do a vista search for 'crysis' the only thing that comes up is the installation file I downloaded.

Any ideas?

Mystify -- If you are running Vista, just go to your games folder. That is the default location for all games in Vista.

As for my first impressions... Feels like Far Cry made easy. I'm not passing judgment yet, but the nano suit just makes thing easy in my opinion (at least on this level) -- switch on stealth - get close to enemy - headshot- repeat.

Performance for me is not too bad. 1680X1050 with high settings.... getting around 25.fps.
 
Ihave had a lovely time on XP at high everything.
Today I'm going to try Vista 64, but I was surprised at how nice the game ran in XP.
I am fearful that DX10 will bring my system to its knees, which will make me cry.

The unknown is SLI since apparently it aint working......according to those in the know.....I'm going to check into that toady as well, the XP drivers seem to indicate otherwise.

Lovely graphics btw. Shooting crabs,ftw.:eek:
 
I spent 5 hours just blowing stuff up and throwing enemies into buildings.

You can do a super powerslam by grabbing an enemy by the throat, finding a tin roof building, go max strength to jump onto roof...then jump high again and throw the guy down at the same time!!! You feel like a superhero smashing a guy through the roof!
 
Well i need to put my foot in my mouth and come out and say that this game is gonna rock.

I played the game with the settings all set to medium ( system specs in sig ) and got some decent frames. And the game still looks fantastic.

I can see this game demolishing its competion in multiplayer ( if they do it right ).

So much added like cloaking and stuff from the suit that would just add even more to the games multiplayer.

Now i just hope they get voip setup right, not like TF2 which voip is horrendous with my x-fi.
 
Can anyone tell me how to play this game? I've installed it twice, and there is no shortcut anywhere on my computer.

When I do a vista search for 'crysis' the only thing that comes up is the installation file I downloaded.

Any ideas?

I get the same problem with Vista. No shortcuts, start menu entry or games browser entry for almost anything i install. Even if i select the option during install. Its a pain in the ass having to wade through the program files folder just to manually create a shortcut to the game.
 
I uninstalled the game, and re-installed it through the 'custom' option instead - this way I could specify which folder I wanted. I then created a shortcut on the desktop manually.

I have an 8800GTX with a Q6600, and I basically get 15fps with any type of AA on (1920 x 1200). With AA off however, I average between 20-40fps (everything else on medium). Aside from the look, it plays amazing. I have an X-Fi with my Z5500 speakers, and the positioning is awesome - it puts you right in the center of the action. Amazing.

Now, if only I could have some AA.....
 
Back
Top