• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Single Player Demo

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-39116454&pid=931665
http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10795&p=2

crysis642007-10-2522-10-36-00.jpg

cry014dh8.jpg

29721394283.jpg

29722050234.jpg

29721434889.jpg

cry006ux5.jpg

cry010zn4.jpg

cry002oh7.jpg
 
This game is so last year..I was pretty hyped about it but now with COD4,Timeshift,Jericho UT3 and G.O.W. next week its kinda dropped for me..Will still DL it tho..:cool:
 
im hearing reports that a 8800gts cant even play this game on high.. so my predictions where correct then. all current cards will struggle to play it so to speak
 
im hearing reports that a 8800gts cant even play this game on high.. so my predictions where correct then. all current cards will struggle to play it so to speak

Thats sad. If true, I wouldn't consider even buying/playing the full version. They really need to optimize this game to attract consumers in purchasing it.
 
None of us have any idea how it's going to run. Now go to bed and stop replying so I can too! :eek:
 
quad core + 3 gtx cards in sli will be whats needed to get playable frame rates in this game using VERY HIGH 4xaa/16xaf at 1280x1024 and above. even then, it will still dip under 30 fps when there is tons of action.
 
Cevat yerli is so full of *** its not true.. thats crazy the framerates are even worse then beta was, so if someone with a quad core gets that fps i can just forget to play it on my machine in dx9 then... :eek:
 
Dx10 runs like crap on all videocards right now. Dx9 should run pretty good hopefully :)
 
im hearing reports that a 8800gts cant even play this game on high.. so my predictions where correct then. all current cards will struggle to play it so to speak

Thats sad. If true, I wouldn't consider even buying/playing the full version. They really need to optimize this game to attract consumers in purchasing it.

Cevat yerli is so full of *** its not true.. thats crazy the framerates are even worse then beta was, so if someone with a quad core gets that fps i can just forget to play it on my machine in dx9 then... :eek:



You have to remember, "Medium" looks better than most other games, let alone "high"... pay less attention to what the setting's named, if they called the current Low setting the "Uber-duber ultra-high mega-cool" setting and it ran great, you'd all be happy, but it seems providing better options for later cards or those with top-end hardware is evil :rolleyes:. There are limits to hardware, why else would we bother to be making faster stuff if not to run more advanced software?

Case in point:

"Very High with Medium textures"... tell me you think this *should* run on most setups at this detail, and I'll tell you to look at reality: :)

crysisactionzh2.jpg
 
Good Ole EA lost a customer that has been planning on buying this game since the first tech demo was released a couple years ago. An also, congrats to Nvidia on losing a customer... I know the next gen cards are in the wings, but you have to soak everything you can from the 8800's while they have the lead. Pathetic.:rolleyes:
 
You have to remember, "Medium" looks better than most other games, let alone "high"... pay less attention to what the setting's named, if they called the current Low setting the "Uber-duber ultra-high mega-cool" setting and it ran great, you'd all be happy, but it seems providing better options for later cards or those with top-end hardware is evil :rolleyes:. There are limits to hardware, why else would we bother to be making faster stuff if not to run more advanced software?

Case in point:

"Very High with Medium textures"... tell me you think this *should* run on most setups at this detail, and I'll tell you to look at reality: :)

What hardware are you running that on? I believe when Cevat, the gaming world's biggest bullshitter, said that the game will scale 18 months out, he was meaning that they couldn't optimize the game enough to play it on high with today's hardware. Maybe I was naive thinking that they'd unlock or add in technologies they have yet to show us. Oh well.
 
the guy who took those screens, his sig on nvnews says
q6600@3.0ghz
8800GTS-320mb 650/1000
4gb ram
 
What hardware are you running that on? I believe when Cevat, the gaming world's biggest bullshitter, said that the game will scale 18 months out, he was meaning that they couldn't optimize the game enough to play it on high with today's hardware. Maybe I was naive thinking that they'd unlock or add in technologies they have yet to show us. Oh well.

i have a feeling this game is gunna flop. if it does it could well put a big question mark over pc gaming in general as this game was suppose to be the HALO of pc gaming(hyped up and selling shit loads of copies) but if this game cant even run on a 8800gts 320mb then alot of people wont be buying this...

this was suppose to be THE GAME to get for the pc...
 
UPDATE
EA GAMES have informed the staff that the 24 Hour Exclusive on the Single Player Demo will be start today at 12:00 UTC/GMT

Plese refer to EA Store website for more info

Crysis Demo will be public for other users tomorrow (October 27th) at 12:00 UTC/GMT


Taken from http://www.crysisdemo.com/news.htm
 
hehe crytek blew it for me. i might dl the demo, probably not though. i got over OMG THE GRAPHICS like 2 months ago. TOO MUCH hype crytek = nothing left for imagination = fail. TF2 is 10000000000x more fun. i just sold my GTX bc i know the only game i will be playing for at least the next year will be TF2, and my spare x1950 pro will do just fine. :)

LOL, whatever...all the bitchin around here it pathetic...
 
i have a feeling this game is gunna flop. if it does it could well put a big question mark over pc gaming in general as this game was suppose to be the HALO of pc gaming(hyped up and selling shit loads of copies) but if this game cant even run on a 8800gts 320mb then alot of people wont be buying this...

this was suppose to be THE GAME to get for the pc...

QFT. I had a feeling the game would run like crap on current hardware. I can see this burning a lot of hardcore PC gamers who upgraded to g80 thinking their rig would have the legs to run this game in the future. What happend to DX10 being more efficient and actually providing a performance increase? It's been a lot of false promises so far in my opinion.
 
QFT. I had a feeling the game would run like crap on current hardware. I can see this burning a lot of hardcore PC gamers who upgraded to g80 thinking their rig would have the legs to run this game in the future. What happend to DX10 being more efficient and actually providing a performance increase? It's been a lot of false promises so far in my opinion.

DX10 does, just not when you run 10x more effects at the same time.
 
i have a feeling this game is gunna flop. if it does it could well put a big question mark over pc gaming in general as this game was suppose to be the HALO of pc gaming(hyped up and selling shit loads of copies) but if this game cant even run on a 8800gts 320mb then alot of people wont be buying this...

this was suppose to be THE GAME to get for the pc...

Or perhaps you should have done the research and realized that the GTS 320 doesn't have enough VRAM to work well in new games on the highest settings.
 
Enough of the predictions....if you're computer can't play it....well that sucks. Upgrade.

PC gamers are so funny...
"OMG THIS GAME LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!! NEXT-GEN!!! GOTY!!!
....WTF?!?! IT WONT RUN ON MY Pentium 3 @ 75fps?!?!?!?!! FUCK THIS SHIT!!!"

I don't get why you guys are surpised about whats going on. If PC gaming has taught me anything, its that you wait till after the game is released to pimp out your PC. Everyone that believes in "Future-proofing" is full of ****. Gotta pay to play :p

Back on topic, where is my demo? I wanna download it before I go to work!!!
 
Or perhaps you should have done the research and realized that the GTS 320 doesn't have enough VRAM to work well in new games on the highest settings.

Yep, we warned of this when it was coming out, but people wouldn't listen, now they are discovering we were right :p.
 
Was never really hyped for the game that much anyways, just a shame my 8800 GTS 320mb can run every other game this holiday at max settings, except for apparently Crysis now.

It won't bother me, it's not like there isn't other big name FPS's coming down the pipeline at the same time, with better MP.

I wasn't a real big fan of Far Cry (shocker, I know, but I've tried three times now to finish it and just quit halfway through - it is BORING, imo), and what little I played of Far Cry MP sucked, and I have a feeling Crysis was overhyped and will be a huge let down in both SP and MP.

Then I saw EA had dug their claws into it and I knew it would be overhyped, wouldn't work like it should on people's systems, and be a letdown.

I will still check out the demo for sure, but really, was never really holding my breath for Crysis to be the PC's version of Halo (i.e, huge seller that makes everyone notice the platform).
 
Was never really hyped for the game that much anyways, just a shame my 8800 GTS 320mb can run every other game this holiday at max settings, except for apparently Crysis now.

Lord of the Rings Online, Doom 3, Oblivion, World in Conflict.. just a few others that will have some problems with only 320 of ram ;)
 
I'm really looking forward to Crysis, but also very reluctant to support the cesspit that is EA. :(
 
Yep, we warned of this when it was coming out, but people wouldn't listen, now they are discovering we were right :p.

Recent benchmarks are showing a much bigger difference that even I thought. The 320 can be pretty substantially bottle necked down to 1280x1024 in some games with AA on.

Enough of the predictions....if you're computer can't play it....well that sucks. Upgrade.

PC gamers are so funny...
"OMG THIS GAME LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!! NEXT-GEN!!! GOTY!!!
....WTF?!?! IT WONT RUN ON MY Pentium 3 @ 75fps?!?!?!?!! FUCK THIS SHIT!!!"

I don't get why you guys are surpised about whats going on. If PC gaming has taught me anything, its that you wait till after the game is released to pimp out your PC. Everyone that believes in "Future-proofing" is full of ****. Gotta pay to play :p

Back on topic, where is my demo? I wanna download it before I go to work!!!


Remember when UE3 was just that GOW tech demo and people were already buying 6800Ultra SLI rigs for "The next UT"? People are so dumb.
 
It is sort of sad, when one has a rig that is at the top of what is available in hardware, and this game will literally bring it right to it's knees. I honestly didnt think my computer had any problem with the MP demo, and I cranked that as high as it would go.

I recall somewhere, the Crysis guy saying the 8800s would give a good experience......sort of makes me wonder what kind of stuff these guys have to run their own creation on.
 
Or perhaps you should have done the research and realized that the GTS 320 doesn't have enough VRAM to work well in new games on the highest settings.

it can play cod4, ut3 flawlessly in highest settings as reported by alot of gts320 users? even plays bioshock pretty well too. aint they current new games?
 
i figured this game was going to be over hyped just like all games that are supposed to be next gen including console games as well.

I knew from the system requirements that i would probably not be able to run this game with my rig with some nice eye candy but oh well...

I really am looking for multiplayer only. But i have a rule that i take as my own that states " If it has single player and looks nice then the multiplay is gonna suck."
 
I guess I'm an idiot because I thought Crysis would run maxed when CoD3, UT3, Hellgate London, Tabula Rasa, Universe At War, WiC, and Frontlines all ran maxed out. Jeez...what was I thinking. :rolleyes:
 
Is this the thread where I bitch about performance?

(threw this up on shacknews, so you may deja vu)

3.5C2D
2GB 1000
8800GTX 648/2000
169.01
Vista x86

DX10 mode

very high
1920x1080
2xAA
not happening

very high
1920x1080
still not happening

very high 1280x720
STILL not happening

high 1280x720
slight mouse lag persists, but it's playable
----------------------------------------\
and this is the part where I tell you it looks AWESOME on high and it's the most fun I've had in a demo in a long time. :D It's just like Farcry, only better!
 
Is this the thread where I bitch about performance?

(threw this up on shacknews, so you may deja vu)

3.5C2D
2GB 1000
8800GTX 648/2000
169.01
Vista x86

DX10 mode

very high
1920x1080
2xAA
not happening

very high
1920x1080
still not happening

very high 1280x720
STILL not happening

high 1280x720
slight mouse lag persists, but it's playable
----------------------------------------\
and this is the part where I tell you it looks AWESOME on high and it's the most fun I've had in a demo in a long time. :D It's just like Farcry, only better!

What were your average framerates on very high, despite being unplayable I'm curious to know.
 
I can't get it to run at all. I hear the audio, but the pictures are screwed up. It's like I see only parts of the environment as I move. Most of the screen is just blacked out. I don't feel like spending hours trying to tweak the settings. I'll just read all your comments and wait for the release.
 
Back
Top