• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Single Player Demo

Got the game running nicely. I'm not sure if the quad core is being used in the demo either.

Graphically the game looks really really average IMHO. Running all but Postprocessing and Textures at high. No AA though as it kills my gfx card. I really can't see what all the fuss is about? The graphics really lack crispness, get close to a rock and it looks like a blurred mess. I thought the graphics would improve as daylight creeps in but it looks worse than night time
 
^ well you just said you aren't running textures maxed out

the two options that would affect that are Object Quality - set to "Very High" and Textures set to "Very High"
 
Got the game running nicely. I'm not sure if the quad core is being used in the demo either.

Graphically the game looks really really average IMHO. Running all but Postprocessing and Textures at high. No AA though as it kills my gfx card. I really can't see what all the fuss is about? The graphics really lack crispness, get close to a rock and it looks like a blurred mess. I thought the graphics would improve as daylight creeps in but it looks worse than night time

LOL. u are not using max quality no AA and probably no AF and you complain it doesn't look good? DUH!!!!!!
 
Man there are lots of hardcore, overzealous, overprotective, deluded Crysis fans on here.

Is there any way to extend or lower the viewing distance in this game? It looks really shoddy the way objects suddenly dynamically appear in front of you. I've messed with the settings but nothing really seems to change it.
 
Did anyone notice that our foot steps, remain marked in the wet sand for a while ?
The visual details in this game, define what a true next-gen title, should look like. Kudos Crytek, you have exceeded yourself!!
 
What tactical / secret / fun / easter eggs have you guys found? I know there's

  1. A turtle
  2. Yacht
  3. Rolling log trap
  4. Can shoot down birds
 
Mystify -- If you are running Vista, just go to your games folder. That is the default location for all games in Vista.

As for my first impressions... Feels like Far Cry made easy. I'm not passing judgment yet, but the nano suit just makes thing easy in my opinion (at least on this level) -- switch on stealth - get close to enemy - headshot- repeat.

Performance for me is not too bad. 1680X1050 with high settings.... getting around 25.fps.

Far Cry was easy at first too :p
 
Quad core users:

Run the CPU benchmark and watch your CPU usage. It uses all four cores to varying degrees.
 
Anyone know how to play an edited level from cryeditor? everytime i spawn on the map via the editor i get that "you have 5 seconds to return to the battlefield" and then it just kills me :(
 
Where do you select DX9 or DX10 ?
Is it in the advanced menu ? I don't see it.
I am running Vista with a Nvidia DX10 video card should I have both DX 9&10 options somwhere ?
 
It will automagically run in DX10, but if you want to make sure go to Game Explorer and right click on the game icon and select Play in DX10.
 
Crysis was alright, I just didn't like how you had to shoot enemies more than once, I swear i had to put about 6 bullets in enemies to have them dead. The graphics are good, especially the face detail, but I like the more action/arcade style of COD4. I'll still probably pick Crysis up, or have somebody buy it for me for a Christmas present.

It does however feel like next-gen game, my favorite part was walking on the beach and finding that crab, and watching the chickens walk across. I still have to get used to the suit and its special features. Overall, it does have some redefining gameplay features, and I'm sure it will get good reviews most likely 9+ ratings.
 
You can grab enemies by the neck and then drag them to the beach, but they die immediately upon contact with the water. What, they can't hold their breath? :mad:
 
i found a funny bug. I was holding a guy and right when I threw him, my character died and I went flying along with the enemies ragdoll into a house and it all came down on top of us. very funny bug, I wish I recorded it with gamecam
 
Where do you select DX9 or DX10 ?
Is it in the advanced menu ? I don't see it.
I am running Vista with a Nvidia DX10 video card should I have both DX 9&10 options somwhere ?

Right click on your shortcut and change the target. Add - dx9. This I believe runs it in DX9 mode. It seems much, much faster in DX9 mode. Responsive and a lot more fun to play.
 
i found a funny bug. I was holding a guy and right when I threw him, my character died and I went flying along with the enemies ragdoll into a house and it all came down on top of us. very funny bug, I wish I recorded it with gamecam

Crytec calls it a feature! :p
 
Look what happened when I grabbed a Korean, his body disappeared, but his eyeballs and equipment stayed!

Oh, and knocking someone down with a watermelon FTMFW!

(Reduced for bandwidth.)
farcryeyes.jpg
 
Sooo does anyone know how to enter a level in cryeditor? Am I the only one that has that "you are leaving the battlefield..please return in blah blah blah" message? I wanna play around with the tanks damn it!!
 
Sooo does anyone know how to enter a level in cryeditor? Am I the only one that has that "you are leaving the battlefield..please return in blah blah blah" message? I wanna play around with the tanks damn it!!

Anyone go into the Editor? It's fuckin awesome!! Install Sandbox2 Editor (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Sandbox2 Installer) and lauch it from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Bin32\Editor.exe

Now open Island.cry, or the mp map Shore.cry. Put tanks, vehicles, weapons, AI, buildings, whatever you want, then press Ctrl + G or F12 to play it! pretty fun

Just read that in another thread, try it out :)
 
Sooo does anyone know how to enter a level in cryeditor? Am I the only one that has that "you are leaving the battlefield..please return in blah blah blah" message? I wanna play around with the tanks damn it!!

When you enter the game (by pressing Ctrl+G, or whatever), make sure it's in a place you know you're allowed to go. For example, places on the beach that you pass when you're playing the demo.
 
OK now I will sound like an A$$ but where is Game Explor ?

In Vista, from the start menu,right side,(same column as control panel)click games.
A window comes up with logos of all your games.
Right click the Crysis logo, you'll see DX9 and DX10
Vista 32 bit defaults to DX10 (see tweakguides.com)
I cant get DX10 enabled in Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

To check in game+FPS......press the "~" key, r_displayinfo 1 it will give you FPS and the DX type, plus a bunch of other info.
 
Right click on your shortcut and change the target. Add - dx9. This I believe runs it in DX9 mode. It seems much, much faster in DX9 mode. Responsive and a lot more fun to play.

Dont even have to do that. DX10 is enabled when the shader level is set to 'very high' in the option screen. The other shader levels are DX9 apparently
 
Hmmm, even if this game is like Farcry I probably won't mind since I never played Farcry before. I still am downloading it, got like 40 minutes left.
 
FRAPS only works in DX9 mode under Vista32.....in DX10, no go and actually having FRAPS running causes a major keyboard lag, not mouse, but keyboard. Weird.

I played through the entire level and killed every enemy I could find, explored the entire damn map, like 2 hours. Those KPA dudes are hard to kill, you can chest shoot them like 8-10 times before they die, and even a head shot won't kill them instantly if they have a helmet on. Shoot the helmet off, then when they react, try to hit the head again.

Sneak up close with cloak mode, then a shotgun to the chest, that does the trick in one swoop :)

Grenades don't have much distance.

The AI is much smarter than in Far Cry, but you can still fool them if you fall back a bit and regroup. Snipe them with the silencer on while laying in deep grass and they are clueless.

Dude standing on a pier, shoot the gas barrel next to him, it lights on fire, he just stands there watching it while it blows up in his face hahhah.

The multiplayer is going to be insane with all of the nanosuit options and gun tweaks.
 
Sneak up close with cloak mode, then a shotgun to the chest, that does the trick in one swoop :)

The shotgun is really effective in this game. Set it to the low spread ammo (X) and you can 1-2 shot kill enemies from 20ft.
 
The shotgun is really effective in this game. Set it to the low spread ammo (X) and you can 1-2 shot kill enemies from 20ft.


Oh shit, I did not even think to try secondary fire mode with the shottie....:eek::D

I'll go and check it out.
 
Back
Top