• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Single Player Demo

The demo was pretty good, ran fine on medium settings, haven't tried high, but medium looks good enough to me anyways.

Nothing really spectacular in terms of gameplay but it is decent. I still think Call of Duty 4 has priority over Crysis on my to buy list though.
 
I can't even run Crysis on Medium. Time for my computer to get a transplant to a 8800gt and another two gigs of RAM!
 
I'm trying to install the editor, and it won't let me since it doesn't have the proper rights. I can't run as admin, because it doesn't give me that option. Wtf do I do>
 
Just finished playing the demo for the last hour...

Ran extremely playable w/all settings on high @1680x1050., and looks great too! (DX9, xp pro x64, rest of specs in sig)
I'm impressed. Lots of fun. Really open ended. Most innovative game I think I've ever played. Graphics look beautiful. I really like the difficulty settings. Cranking it all the way up is most enjoyable.
I like it better than Far Cry. I'd love to see how much better it looks running it in DX10 mode and how much of a performance drop (if any) vs. DX9.

I will definitely buy this game.
 
I just got done playing it for an hour or so too. To me it seems like it will be worth the hype. My real judge of it will be how long the SP game is :) I loved the length and hardness of FarCry. And yeah.. it does feel like FarCry 2, though we know it's not... but I am certainly not complaining about it.

The game ran really smooth for me with everything at high except for textures/water which were at very high, no AA and 1680x1050. This is running on Vista x86, c2d 6420 @ 3.2ghz, 2gb of ram, and a 8800GTS 640mb. It was pushing the limits though, there were a few times I could have probably used to drop out of the 'very high' textures.
 
I'm getting 22 - 37 FPS with all settings at medium except water detail (water in this game is BEAUTIFUL) at 1280x1024 with no AA. Perfectly playable with the built-in motion blur. My system is as follows:

AMD Opteron 165 (oc'ed at 2.7Ghz)
ASRock Dual939-SATA2
2GB OCZ Platinum PC3200
PNY 7900gt (1.45V modded, oc'ed at 636/717, Z-Tweaked_v158.19 drivers)
WinXP Pro 32bit
 
From the demo alone, this game will be number 1 for me for 2007. Farcry was one of my favorite games. I love the open areas.

Runs great on my 2 year old system with everything on medium. Even on medium it still looks fantastic. Can't wait to buy this.


All my other games suddenly bore me.
 
Are most of you guys running the beta drivers? I wasn't (but running the latest--163.69) and it didn't really run very well for me. Most settings on high, with a few on medium (textures, post processing, volumetric, maybe another?) and I was getting 20-30 FPS max. This was on the rig in my sig at 1440x900. Very disappointing.
 
Anybody here get DX10 to run in Vista 64??
All I get is the first screen about the deom(words) and it wont go further.
I can get it to go just fine if I select DX9.
I also got no shortcut in my Vista.....however the game is stored in the "games" folder option in the start menu.......go figure.:eek:

Sadly, nope.

They better have this fixed by time of release.
I'd hate to have to install Vista 32 just for that alone, but seeing as how it's Crysis, I would make an exception -- but I shouldn't have to.
 
Out of all the big demos for upcoming games, this definitely impressed me the most. Visually, nothing else is even in the same ballpark. There are way too many people bitching about performance for how good this looks. Gameplay-wise, I was extremely surprised to find the level of openness in approaching the objectives. The most fun I had was playing through on delta without attacking anyone, MGS style. I doubt I'll be picking this up, as I care the most about multiplayer longevity, but it was much better than I expected.
 
this mgs on steroids dude, if only snake had this nano suit he would be badass character. Oh wait he actually does have a nanosuit in mgs4. I ran from 10-20 frames at 1680x1050 with everything on medium. It was playable but i wanted more than just that, so i guess i'll upgrade to a new video card in the coming future. Up til now the x1800xt ran flawlessly til came the big mamajama crysis.
 
I had some fun with the demo today:

Crysis.jpg
 
What tactical / secret / fun / easter eggs have you guys found?

I found that using max strength completely negates the recoil of your weapon, and that comes in handy for sniping.

I like the gameplay. I played through several ways, using different tactics each time. Stealth, run-n-gun, sniping, and any combination thereof can be made to work. The AI doesn't seem to be omniscient in this game, and I had a great time playing tricks on it. For example, at one checkpoint, I made a ruckus near the camp entrance, then ran around (stealthily) to the other side of the place. The AI started patrolling around where I used to be, and they called in reinforcements. The cavalry arrived in the form of a jeep with a mounted MG. I ambushed the jeep, drove it into the middle of the camp, and demolished the place with it.
 
Out of all the big demos for upcoming games, this definitely impressed me the most. Visually, nothing else is even in the same ballpark. There are way too many people bitching about performance for how good this looks. Gameplay-wise, I was extremely surprised to find the level of openness in approaching the objectives. The most fun I had was playing through on delta without attacking anyone, MGS style. I doubt I'll be picking this up, as I care the most about multiplayer longevity, but it was much better than I expected.


Come on, buy the game. Downloading great games like this one is why PC gaming is going downhill, don't contribute to that.
 
Come on, buy the game. Downloading great games like this one is why PC gaming is going downhill, don't contribute to that.

you sir are an idiot, the game isn't even out yet and you think downloading the demo is illegal. How can you buy a game thats not even out for another 2 weeks?
 
I wasn't expecting too much with a 7900GS, and I wasn't pleasantly suprised :rolleyes: 1024x768 plays okay at medium setting, maybe 1 or 2 at high. It still looks amazing though, I can only imagine how awesome it looks at highest settings and res.

The gameplay was (unsurprisingly) the same as Farcry, and the nano-suit is a nice addition. I like being able to jump onto rooftops and shoot people, the stealth makes combat far too trivial though. I realize it's just the first level, but stealth > kill a couple of bad guys > restealth > rinse, repeat seems too easy.
 
you sir are an idiot, the game isn't even out yet and you think downloading the demo is illegal. How can you buy a game thats not even out for another 2 weeks?

I do believe he was assuming that since Duro implied that he liked the Crysis demo but did not feel it to be worth the money that Duro would resort to pirating the full game.
 
The demo was pretty good, ran fine on medium settings, haven't tried high, but medium looks good enough to me anyways.

Nothing really spectacular in terms of gameplay but it is decent. I still think Call of Duty 4 has priority over Crysis on my to buy list though.

I think I changed my mind, I replayed the Crysis demo and had quite a bit of fun dealing with enemys in a new way. The A.I. is pretty darn good plus the suit features are nifty... I just wander how long the full game will be.
 
What the hell is mouse button 3?

I thought it was the scroll buton depressed - but um - no...
 
I find that playing in a more covert op way is more challenging and entertaining. What way did you try?
 
What the hell is mouse button 3?

I thought it was the scroll buton depressed - but um - no...

Scroll wheel button pressed in. Alternatively, pressing V will get you the same menu.

I find that playing in a more covert op way is more challenging and entertaining. What way did you try?

Same here, it's much more challenging. However, the action music that's cued whenever you enter a "battle zone" feels a bit place as you sneak around Romulan-style pwning the baddies. :p
 
Dont even have to do that. DX10 is enabled when the shader level is set to 'very high' in the option screen. The other shader levels are DX9 apparently


Doing this disables some of the very high options, so I guess you know you're running DX9 mode

Going to Start - Games - Right clicking on the Crysis icon and selecting Run in DX9 does the same thing too.
 
I find that playing in a more covert op way is more challenging and entertaining. What way did you try?

nice rephrasing of camping way that is what I use.... Shoot one guy wait for the others to investigate good target practise... I know I am a coward ;)

But yeah that was the way I went with Far Cry. If you played that on hard difficultys you can´t just go quake IV gun blazing all the time you have to think a bit too :).

On hard difficulty I would say it´s much more challenging going guns blazing but it just feels wrong playing game like this. I mean you are kind of a human predator after all with the suit and all. I say play it like a predator would. Play with them one at a time never let them know what hit them :D
 
I like using the sleeping dart on the default gun you come with. Then shooting like 3-5 guys with it then come up close and shot headshots to finish them off ;). I really like the explosions in this game, intense :cool:
 
why shoot head shots. It´s a bit sick... Use strength and strangle them one by one :cool:
 
Sadly, nope.

They better have this fixed by time of release.
I'd hate to have to install Vista 32 just for that alone, but seeing as how it's Crysis, I would make an exception -- but I shouldn't have to.


I had it running perfectly fine :) until I installed the 169.01 beta drivers, kept crashing 64bit then, and yea it was dx10,when I alt tab it says dx10 in the window caption, went back to old drivers = no SLI but dx10 / 64bit version worked
 
Is there no patch to get 64bit working yet? I'm real curious on performance difference.
 
64 bit will help with loading, thats about it. honestly though, there is no magic pill that will suddenly make it run much faster, not until next gen high end cards come out, which should be less than six months.
 
I had it running perfectly fine :) until I installed the 169.01 beta drivers, kept crashing 64bit then, and yea it was dx10,when I alt tab it says dx10 in the window caption, went back to old drivers = no SLI but dx10 / 64bit version worked

I'm a bit lost.....you used the 163.69 drivers (or something like that) and the 64 bit version loaded and ran under DX10???

Secondly, I thought the 169.01 isnt SLI optimized (in other words, all you're getting is a single card)......I'm very anxious to see my system tackle this game with SLI enabled.
It was a bit sluggish in Vista under DX9 mode, but honestly I felt it "looked" better than when I played it on XP. It really sounded better in Vista.
 
I like using the sleeping dart on the default gun you come with. Then shooting like 3-5 guys with it then come up close and shot headshots to finish them off ;). I really like the explosions in this game, intense :cool:


Yes! The explosions are the best ive ever seen. The shockwave effect and the explosion/fire itself is great.

I think it was a great demo. I could actually explore in this demo... I didnt even discover the speed boat and the little pocket of guys protecting it until my 4th time around. Definitely the most pure fun I've had in a game in a while. Its great playing a superhero or Predator type character and turning the game into an action movie.
 
I just wanna say that i finished the demo and it was amazing and ran like a dream on my system. Q6600@3.4ghz, 4gb ddr2 1000, 8800gtx 621/1566/2100, XP x64. Played at 1440x900 on all HIGH settings and was averaging 40fps, boy am I glad i got a 24'' CTR instead of the 1920x1200 LCD s i was looking at cause it's really nice not to be locked into a high resolition right now. Cheers.
 
I just wanna say that i finished the demo and it was amazing and ran like a dream on my system. Q6600@3.4ghz, 4gb ddr2 1000, 8800gtx 621/1566/2100, XP x64. Played at 1440x900 on all HIGH settings and was averaging 40fps, boy am I glad i got a 24'' CRT instead of the 1920x1200 LCDs i was looking at cause it's really nice not to be locked into a high resolition right now. 1440x900 doesnt look pixelated at all on my FW900, especially with high post processing's fake AA shader effect and I can run it at 120hz without vsync and no tearing. You guys who are trying to run this game at 1920x1200 with AA and suprised that its unplayable need to cool down a bit, this is the new benchmark which pushes GPUs like nothing else and it will scale for years. Back in the day we were running Quake 2 on our Voodoo2 at 800x600 and nobody was complaining, this is a game that will lower people's expectations of their system's capabilities. Unless you wanna run SLI, lower your resolution so you can use high settings and enjoy the best graphics on the planet. If your card sucks, the $250 8800GT comes out next week and should be in almost everyone's price range and when overclocked it matches the GTX. Cheers.

p.s. i tried very high settings on both XP x64 and Vista x64 dx10 at 1280x800 and it was unplayable in dx10( 20fps average) and borderline in XP (25-30fps). Maybe when the next gen comes out. On high, dx10 runs about 5-10% slower than XP which is not too bad but Vista is still a bitch with refresh overrides so looks ill be using XP for the full version.

My only complaint about the game is the damn suit menu, that thing is a joke and we need hotkeys for the modes. It might be tollerable on medium difficulty but on Delta and in multiplayer having to give up your aim or having it thrown off when you switch modes is just silly and needs to go.
 
Played at 1440x900 on all HIGH settings and was averaging 40fps, boy am I glad i got a 24'' CTR instead of the 1920x1200 LCD s i was looking at cause it's really nice not to be locked into a high resolition right now. Cheers.

Boy, am I glad I got a 24" lcd instead of a 120lb behemoth that bends desks and cannot be moved to a lan party without use of a small power loader.

I'll take my lcd anyway over a junker CRT....:D To each his own.

My rig plays decent at 1920x1200 with medium settings and no AA. Also, the suit menu is a breeze, I have mine bound to my middle mouse button, and I can swap modes in the blink of an eye.
 
Boy, am I glad I got a 24" lcd instead of a 120lb behemoth that bends desks and cannot be moved to a lan party without use of a small power loader.

I'll take my lcd anyway over a junker CRT....:D To each his own.

Agreed, going to a LAN in a couple weeks, would be a pain to tug a 24" CRT around, my 24" LCD does the trick though. :)
 
I have a 19'' LCD that i can take to lans so i'm covered there, but yea you guys have a point. I had to place a 2x4'' support beam under the desk as an extra leg or this monster would snap it like a twig. It's all good now though and it was worth it.

I have the suit menu bound to a thumb button so its tollerable but i can tell you having played the multiplayer beta it's definitely a crutch and it will get you killed if you try to use it in a fight. Not being able to aim while switching modes really bothers me, you are supposed to be this super soldier but when you are in camo mode and aiming at a korean's head, you have to switch to armor or strengh, re adjust your aim, by which time he saw you and shot you. Fights would be a lot more dynamic and fun if we had hotkeys, especially in multiplayer. Hopefull the mod community will take care of this problem.
 
I have a 19'' LCD that i can take to lans so i'm covered there, but yea you guys have a point. I had to place a 2x4'' support beam under the desk as an extra leg or this monster would snap it like a twig. It's all good now though and it was worth it.

I have the suit menu bound to a thumb button so its tollerable but i can tell you having played the multiplayer beta it's definitely a crutch and it will get you killed if you try to use it in a fight. Not being able to aim while switching modes really bothers me, you are supposed to be this super soldier but when you are in camo mode and aiming at a korean's head, you have to switch to armor or strengh, re adjust your aim, by which time he saw you and shot you. Fights would be a lot more dynamic and fun if we had hotkeys, especially in multiplayer. Hopefull the mod community will take care of this problem.

You can use keys to swap modes... double crouch = stealth, double sprint = speed, double jump = strength. Not sure what armor mode hotkey is though. And you can shoot while stealthed, but you drop the energy to 0 which sucks, it should just turn off stealth and enter armor mode instead.
 
You can use keys to swap modes... double crouch = stealth, double sprint = speed, double jump = strength. Not sure what armor mode hotkey is though. And you can shoot while stealthed, but you drop the energy to 0 which sucks, it should just turn off stealth and enter armor mode instead.
I'll try it when i get home, didnt know about that. But the energy drop is exactly why we need armor mode hotkey.
 
I'll try it when i get home, didnt know about that. But the energy drop is exactly why we need armor mode hotkey.

Oh I do agree, I wish it would just switch right over... I found out the hotkeys just by messing around, they aren't listed anywhere afaik. You also have to turn them on in the options menu somewhere.

Also, is there anyway to get more ammo for the main gun? I just end up using it as a taser dart gun and using the AK or whatever you pickup as a main one... or dual pistols :D
 
Back
Top