• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Crysis 2 leaked for PC

Crysis 2 is to Crysis 1 much like FEAR2 was to FEAR1. Just the look and feel of both sequels are similar.

I look forward to this title hitting store shelves.
 
/agree

how many games do you wish that you could have "tested" prior to spending $60 on what amounted to a "pile of crap"

Not that many myself. Over the years I've gotten to know what I will and won't like pretty well. I would have loved to have been able to "test" Front Mission Evolved and Force Unleashed 2 though. What a waste of time those two games were. Oh well, sometimes that happens.
 
You have to love their blog post on the subject



No, piracy continues to better the PC environment by adding transparency to the gaming platform and giving the gamers the power to see first hand the quality of the finished product.

Because of this PC gaming has a sort of natural quality control built in, the moment developers sell out and start consolizing their game they will see a reduction is sales and with any luck they will abandon the platform entirely and make room for other budding developers to bring out games that people actually like.

While I agree there's plenty of games I wish I could have demo'd or played before I bought em; the fact that most games don't allow me to do that doesn't somehow legitimize or make piracy"ok". Just because I can't try before I buy doesn't mean I get the warez version for shit and grins. What I do, as an intelligent adult, is decide if the price they are asking for it justifies my risk on the purchase. I also look at what forums around the net are saying as well as here and then decide. Alot of times I just pass and wait for a cheaper entry point months later and sometimes I just never play the game. So in the end that's a lost sale for the publisher/dev but fuck em that's their bad for not alolowing me to try before I buy. What it doesn't do is make for a good excuse for me and others to steal the game for ANY reason.
 
No, piracy continues to better the PC environment by adding transparency to the gaming platform and giving the gamers the power to see first hand the quality of the finished product.
Interesting take. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective before, though I still don't condone the act of "trying before you buy" via piracy. A lack of a meaningful and generally representative demo should yield a lack of a sale.

Case in point: Test Drive Unlimited 2. Looks cool; want to try it; no demo; no sale. I'm not going to go 'underground' just to give a publisher an opportunity to make a sale — the message it sends to publishers is actually counterintuitive.
 
While I agree there's plenty of games I wish I could have demo'd or played before I bought em; the fact that most games don't allow me to do that doesn't somehow legitimize or make piracy"ok". Just because I can't try before I buy doesn't mean I get the warez version for shit and grins. What I do, as an intelligent adult, is decide if the price they are asking for it justifies my risk on the purchase. I also look at what forums around the net are saying as well as here and then decide. Alot of times I just pass and wait for a cheaper entry point months later and sometimes I just never play the game. So in the end that's a lost sale for the publisher/dev but fuck em that's their bad for not alolowing me to try before I buy. What it doesn't do is make for a good excuse for me and others to steal the game for ANY reason.

The only difference is this is all digital. Anything else thats tangible that I can go into a store and buy I can return and get a full refund. Cant do that w/ crappy video games. I'm all for pirate before you buy.... IF you buy, because at that point, its no longer piracy.

I downloaded and played the Crysis 2 beta. I loved it. I have decided to only play the first two levels as I dont want to ruin what the actual game will be upon release.
 
Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites for dishonest gamers to download and run on their Powerful PC.
 
The only difference is this is all digital. Anything else thats tangible that I can go into a store and buy I can return and get a full refund. Cant do that w/ crappy video games. I'm all for pirate before you buy.... IF you buy, because at that point, its no longer piracy.

I downloaded and played the Crysis 2 beta. I loved it. I have decided to only play the first two levels as I dont want to ruin what the actual game will be upon release.

Your right when we buy we can't return it if we don't like it and that sucks. It still doesn't mean yoi take matters into your own hands and pirate a fast copy to try a few levels to see if it's worth buying. Instead I sugest you pass on that title and wait for a cheaper price or pass all together, it won't be the end of the world.
 
No, piracy continues to better the PC games community by adding transparency to the gaming platform and giving the gamers the power to see first hand the quality of the finished product before spending money on it. Because of this PC gaming has a sort of natural quality control built in, developers who try and beat the system just end up failing and then abandon the platform, which is fantastic because it generates a larger pool of potential revenue to entice other development studios in who are actually willing the make good games.

What piracy damages is greedy corporations who are not interested in building good games, only filling the pockets of their upper management and investors. Sorry, most PC gamers don't care about that, we care about quality games, we like quality games, we buy quality games.

If Crysis 2 is actually good, I'll buy it. It's that simple.


"Stealing can be good" or at least "Stealing is good quality control" That's a real gem and that's basically what you're saying.


and


The only difference is this is all digital. Anything else thats tangible that I can go into a store and buy I can return and get a full refund. Cant do that w/ crappy video games. I'm all for pirate before you buy.... IF you buy, because at that point, its no longer piracy.

I downloaded and played the Crysis 2 beta. I loved it. I have decided to only play the first two levels as I dont want to ruin what the actual game will be upon release.

Disregarding my own personal contempt for what I'm reading here in posts like these there's only one set of opinions that matters and that's the developers.

And guess what?

They aren't buying or agreeing with ANY of this sort of rubbish.



Here's something else to chew on as an example:

Everyone's favorite game to hate, COD Black Ops.


http://torrentfreak.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-most-pirated-game-of-2010-101228/

Most downloaded games of 2010 for PC, Wii and 360.

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC) - 4,270,000
Call of Duty: Black Ops (360) - 930,000

The PS3 isn't tracked, the numbers would be far too low.

Clearly there's a sore thumb standing out here, yes?

That number for the PC is insane. Downright destructive.

Again, the developers aren't going to buy the "it's a 'bad' game so it 'deserves it' " bullshit line, either.



So let's throw out all the rhetoric and nonsense and boil it all down to brass tax.

What do people REALLY think the consequences of the above are really going to be, ultimately?

I personally think it's the death of PC gaming, starting with a domino effect. Raise up the DRM, others start dropping out.

Look at Rockstar.

GTA IV was apparently their last hurrah on the PC. I don't remember offhand but I'm pretty sure that got pirated from here to eternity and their answer was to drop the PC. No Red Dead Redemption. No LA Noire. Ultimately no GTA V. I think that sucks.

These are good games ( or will be.) They'd be AWESOME on the PC. GTA IV on the PC was a night and day difference vs its console bretheren. Practically a different game.


I hope I'm wrong but I really don't see any way around it at this rate. It's a dismal looking trend and I know exactly what the root cause of it is.

Glad I own a PS3.
 
Last edited:
I don't think some companies would like it very much if they did manage to make "perfect DRM". In my own case I have a few examples to relate.

I had bought every game ID made and was very pleased with them as developers. So Doom3 was a first day buy for me. Turns out the game was quite a let down, and as a result of that disappointment I haven't bought (nor downloaded) an ID game since (excluding Quakelive, but that's just Quake3 which I already had, and does not count as it is free and a re-release), and the Rage game is not likely to be a first day buy either. I'll wait until it is in the hands of people I can trust to review it and then decide.

Second example is Master of Orion 3. I should have known given the fact that it wasn't developed by Microprose, but the publisher and devs assured the fan base that the game was living up to the two original games. So I buy it and it turns out that it is terrible. And a whole lot of people agree with me, the game is trashed by word of mouth and I actually threw it into the garbage, game box and all. Their sales were awful, somewhere around 200,000 units for one of the most well known and loved 4X games of all time. And it wasn't due to piracy.

And on the other side we have...

Valve has shown that they will consistently release a polished game and do everything they can reasonably do to support it after the fact. Portal 2 and Episode 3 and first day buys, no question about it.

Bioware, also consistently releases quality games. However, due to their overlord's (EA) handling of Steam as of late, their Dragon Age 2 release has been relegated to a wait and see (maybe grab it in the bargain bin) status. For those not in the know, if you wanted Dragon Age 2 on Steam, you are going to get less of a game than if you bought it ANYWHERE else. They have eliminated an entire companion and his quests from the Steam game, and if you'd like what everyone else has you'll have to pony up $7 payable directly to EA, after paying $60 for the game of course. Piracy did not lose Bioware and EA and first day full price sale, their combined lack of customer service in the game's release did, as I had every intention of pre-ordering the game... on Steam.

For the moment, Mass Effect 3 remains a first day buy. However Bioware/EA CAN change my mind if they pull some of the same BS they did with Dragon age with Mass Effect. It is up to them to keep me a paying customer, and it seems like they are getting less interested in their customers and more interested in bilking the DLC market these days.
 
Last edited:
However, due to their overlords (EA) handling of Steam as of late, their Dragon Age 2 release has been relegated to a wait and see (maybe grab it in the bargain bin) status. For those not in the know, if you wanted Dragon Age 2 on Steam, you are going to get less of a game than if you bought it ANYWHERE else. They have eliminated an entire companion and his quests from the Steam game, and if you'd like what everyone else has you'll have to pony up $7 payable directly to EA, after paying $60 for the game of course. Piracy did not lose Bioware and EA and first day full price sale, their combined lack of customer service in the games release did, as I had every intention of pre-ordering the game... on Steam.

Wow, I can't believe Valve would settle for that for a second.
 
Low FOV - Check
Checkpoint save only - Check
Destruction removed - Check
Advanced graphics settings removed - Check

lolyp.gif
 
Your right when we buy we can't return it if we don't like it and that sucks. It still doesn't mean yoi take matters into your own hands and pirate a fast copy to try a few levels to see if it's worth buying. Instead I sugest you pass on that title and wait for a cheaper price or pass all together, it won't be the end of the world.

We can just agree to disasgree :D
 
I'm having trouble finding SALES FIGURES for Black ops Q-BZ. Those numbers need context. Everything I can find on Black Ops anywhere I look regarding sales is the same...

  • Black Ops has broken every sales record they had before
  • Black Ops is one of the quickest selling games ever
  • Black Ops greatly outperformed their sales expectations
  • Black Ops continues to sell well
  • Black Ops has them swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck

I get the gist of your post, but frankly that isn't the best example someone could have come up with when they are saying piracy is ruining the industry...
 
Disregarding my own personal contempt for what I'm reading here in posts like these there's only one set of opinions that matters and that's the developers.

And guess what?

They aren't buying or agreeing with ANY of this sort of rubbish.

I agree, and I hate to say this, but I also agree with the general gist of what that troll of a games journalist Jim Sterling said in his article. PC gamers must be the only gamers in the world who think piracy isn't a bad thing for their hobby. And you have people saying that it's actually a good thing. And you have people saying that Crytek deserved it. Why should anyone want to develop for a platform where the users actively want to fuck you over?

In the end though, it doesn't matter how many forums we fill up with arguments and counterarguments about the piracy issue. Most of the industry (the people who actually put food on their tables by making these games) have already made their decision. There has been a clear shift in priorities towards console games and that's that.

I get the gist of your post, but frankly that isn't the best example someone could have come up with when they are saying piracy is ruining the industry...

Black Ops was probably one of the highest selling PC games of last year. Here's the thing though... assuming the numbers are even remotely accurate (which I don't think they are honestly), PC piracy was 4 times more than 360 piracy. But the console version of Black Ops sold 10 million copies or more. The PC version wouldn't even come close (maybe 1-2 million copies?). The piracy to sales ratio for 360 is 1:10. For PC it would be 2:1 or 4:1. It doesn't matter whether the 360 version leaked early or whether a million people downloaded it because 10 million people still bought it and sales are what matter. On the PC side, the number of people who ripped them off outnumber their customers by vast amounts. That's where the difference lies. Believe me, if 40 million people had pirated the 360 version, they'd be making the same noises as they do now for PC gamers.
 
black ops piracy? you really think there is a such a thing? how many of those pirates are playing online? you are saying that they download it for the single player campaign? does it even have a single player campaign?

all the rave reviews of black ops have to do with the online gameplay. as a "proof" of piracy the black ops statistic is a total failure. if anything the only thing those numbers *might* indicate is that people downloaded the game, liked it, and *BOUGHT* it to play online.

I bet if you take an unknown game, have 5 million people download it for free, then the next day it will be a best seller.

All this crysis stuff is because the the developes are still butt-hurt because they came up with a clever concept and made a sucky boring repetitive game out of it. How the hell they could screw it up so bad I don't know. And the public rejected it. So pirates were obviously to blame.
 
Low FOV - Check
Checkpoint save only - Check
Destruction removed - Check
Advanced graphics settings removed - Check

Fov is adjustable via console command.
Checkpoint saves are par for the course these days.
Destruction is still in going by the vids ive seen, though obviously to a lesser scale with it being a tougher urban environment with fewer shacks around to blow away...
The graphics options in the leak have obviously been restricted.
 
black ops piracy? you really think there is a such a thing? how many of those pirates are playing online? you are saying that they download it for the single player campaign? does it even have a single player campaign?

all the rave reviews of black ops have to do with the online gameplay. as a "proof" of piracy the black ops statistic is a total failure. if anything the only thing those numbers *might* indicate is that people downloaded the game, liked it, and *BOUGHT* it to play online.

I read a while back that the actual supposed proof of downloads are people who downloaded the torrent file and not necessarily the actual game. There would be plenty of people who seen a slow download and decided not to bother. Yet theyre counted as a download, or a "lost sale". Reminds me of crytek claiming that the patches for crysis had been downloaded more than the game sold, so every patch dload over the sales figures = a pirated copy. They never heard of people formatting or reinstalling or getting corrupt downloads...apparently. :confused:

Even Ea a couple of yeas back admitted that pirated games don;t always equal lost sales

http://news.softpedia.com/news/EA-Admits-Pirated-Copies-Do-Not-Equal-Lost-Sales-94516.shtml
 
If the game sells 2 million copies or so on the PC, can we stop the vehement bitching about piracy then? Seriously, if this game is better than the first, it's going to sell really fucking well regardless of piracy. Everyone is getting their panties in a twist a little too soon.
 
Fov is adjustable via console command.

Excusing consolization.

Checkpoint saves are par for the course these days.

More excusing consolization.

Destruction is still in going by the vids ive seen, though obviously to a lesser scale
with it being a tougher urban environment with fewer shacks around to blow away...

Nope, pretty much gone, there are shacks in fact and plenty of other structures that have the potential to be destroyed just like in Crysis but don't move, even when you blow them up or drive a vehicle into them.

There are a few trees and some wooden fences that break, and the usual handful of physics enabled objects like barrels. If you're expecting the kind of interactivity that was in Crysis then think again.

The graphics options in the leak have obviously been restricted.

Speculation.
 
For 90% of the gamers out there, Crysis was nothing more than a high-end benchmark disguised as a game, not a meaningful gaming experience that was worth their hard-earned cash. In my opinion, that is why Crysis was pirated so much, people weren't willing to pay for something that they considered to be nothing more than a benchmark. It doesn't help that Crysis was a crappy game anyway.

Regardless of this leak, I'm still going to purchase Crysis 2.
 
Excusing consolization.

Yeah, have to say that an adjustable fov is definatley a console attribute. Be it by slider or console command its still adjustable. Was quake 3 "consoliZed" as that also had console commands to alter fov.



More excusing consolization.

Nope, simply that these day checkpoints seem to be commonplace and have been for several years. I don't like it myself but thats just how things went.





Nope, pretty much gone, there are shacks in fact and plenty of other structures that have the potential to be destroyed just like in Crysis but don't move, even when you blow them up or drive a vehicle into them.

There are a few trees and some wooden fences that break, and the usual handful of physics enabled objects like barrels. If you're expecting the kind of interactivity that was in Crysis then think again.

And you're basing this on an incomplete build of the game that was never intended to be released for the public? I think the one speculating here is you..



Speculation.


Considering that only dx9 mode works in the leak its pretty obvious that graphics options have been locked down. People have tried to get dx11 enabled but it simply doesn't work.


When all is said though we'll get our answers when the actual game launches. Its pointless to bicker about a beta build of a game that has obviously been crippled in several ways and is incomplete.
 
Well comparing console piracy with PC piracy is like comparing apples to oranges.

With the PC all you do is copy the cracked .exe and voila.
With the console you need to modify it, burn a dvd and if I'm correct jump through a few more hoops; then make sure you don't go online with it or whatever.
And maybe buy another console to play online.

If the consoles became as easy as PCs then we'd see an explosion; perhaps like what happened with the ease to play pirated DC games with the utopia boot disk.

I do agree though that the amount of PC piracy is ridiculous.
 
black ops piracy? you really think there is a such a thing? how many of those pirates are playing online? you are saying that they download it for the single player campaign? does it even have a single player campaign?

all the rave reviews of black ops have to do with the online gameplay. as a "proof" of piracy the black ops statistic is a total failure. if anything the only thing those numbers *might* indicate is that people downloaded the game, liked it, and *BOUGHT* it to play online.

I'm inclined to agree with these points. Who the hell plays Black Ops for the single player? I just don't see 4 million PC gamers with enough know-how to pirate a game successfully being interested in the latest snore-fest CoD campaign. It just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, have to say that an adjustable fov is definatley a console attribute. Be it by slider or console command its still adjustable. Was quake 3 "consoliZed" as that also had console commands to alter fov.

His accusation simply made no sense. Having to adjust a game's FOV via console command is pretty much what I expect. I can only think of two games with sliders built in for adjusting FOV: TF2 and Black Ops. And it wasn't added to TF2 until like a year afterward its release and it was only added to BO because of the incessant bitching about the issue in MW2. If anything, it's a sign of dumbing the game down to put a nice big slider in to adjust something like an FOV which is typically considered an advanced configuration setting.
 
Am I the only one that just *cannot* pirate a PC game anymore since Steam? I mean, I'd *like* to get Crysis 2 for free (along with many other games), but I just can't bring myself to get a torrent and download it anymore... Steam has just completely changed the way I get my games now, and works so freaking well that pirating just seems.... unrefined....

I don't know.... maybe its just because I'm older now than i once was..... but a game off a torrent.... just can't do it anymore...

now movies/music on the other hand..... RIAA/MPAA blow so much, I still dont mind ripping them off.... but alas, thats for another thread...
 
Yeah, have to say that an adjustable fov is definatley a console attribute. Be it by slider or console command its still adjustable. Was quake 3 "consoliZed" as that also had console commands to alter fov.

No having a stupidly low FOV in the first place is what is attributed to consoles.

Nope, simply that these day checkpoints seem to be commonplace and have been for several years. I don't like it myself but thats just how things went.

So, basically yes, an excuse. It is the way it is so lets just excuse it and forget about it.

And you're basing this on an incomplete build of the game that was never intended to be released for the public? I think the one speculating here is you..

The build is a month old and they have a month until launch, if you know anything about the development schedule of games you'd know that features such as advanced destruction aren't put in right at the end.

Considering that only dx9 mode works in the leak its pretty obvious that graphics options have been locked down. People have tried to get dx11 enabled but it simply doesn't work.

Destruction has nothing to do with DX level

When all is said though we'll get our answers when the actual game launches. Its pointless to bicker about a beta build of a game that has obviously been crippled in several ways and is incomplete.

Yep you're right, we should have a demo soon, it will confirm/deny these things. I'm not very hopeful they've fixed this stuff in a month though ;)
 
Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites for dishonest gamers to download and run on their Powerful PC.

I have news for you - as someone that has *admitted* to downloading and running this admittedly (according to everyone) gimped leaked (and early!) code of the game - it doesn't take as powerful a PC as even Crysis: Warhead, let alone the original Crysis, would to run at the same settings.

That's right. Gimped. Incomplete. Decidedly unfinished. And despite all that, it is *less* demanding on hardware than *either* game that preceded it. Polishing a game typically does not *increase* the hardware requirements - if anything, the requirements may actually drop. Yet it looks better, plays better, and actually has lower hardware requirements than Warhead?

While EA and Crytek play spin-doctor (which is expected - name one developer, or publisher, for that matter, that would admit to lax corporate security, as a leak this massive proves), it is apparent that the development team has taken the lesson that SC2: WoL handed out to heart, and managed to create a game that can look as good as this one does (if anything, much better than either Crysis *or* Warhead, even with all patches to date) without requiring you to go into debt. I'm not looking further into the levels past the first two (I actually plan on buying the game on Launch Day, which I haven't done for any shooter since the original Unreal Tournament) - however, my appetite is decidedly hiked for my next (and authorized) look at this game (the PC demo, when it arrives).

I'm not saying that the game won't shine on high-end hardware - it will. Pretty much the same way Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty does today. (And *that* is despite my calling SC2 arguably the most hardware-friendly RTS since the original Starcraft - it is certainly the opposite of Civilization V, which is proving to be a very demanding RTS on hardware.) The very fact that even in the gimped, incomplete, and decidedly not-ready-for-prime-time form this leak is in, can still lay a beatdown on nearly every shooter that has come out for any hardware since the original STALKER (or even Crysis: Warhead) makes a rather blunt statement in and of itself.

I refuse to get caught up in the spin control over the leak and any motivation behind it.

I have to admit that the Crytek development team did a bang-up job getting the game to even the state the leak was in, let alone the KNOWN advances since.
 
Fov is adjustable via console command.
Checkpoint saves are par for the course these days.
Destruction is still in going by the vids ive seen, though obviously to a lesser scale with it being a tougher urban environment with fewer shacks around to blow away...
The graphics options in the leak have obviously been restricted.

In fact, it (FOV adjustment) appeared first in a PC title - the original Unreal.

Checkpoint saves? They were originally end-of-level saves - and in the SEMINAL pre-console PC games: the original Doom, the original Wolfenstein 3D, and even the Duke Nukem side-scrollers! The difference *today* is, as games have gotten larger, a level in a game has also grown, thus there can be multiple save-points within a level - that's why you have both checkpoint saves *and* end-of-level saves - consoles have diddly to do with it.

Graphics restrictions can be said to *also* predate consoles - the original Starcraft was atypical even among RTS titles for having a single resolution and LoD setting, and that was in 1997. Different resolution/graphical levels were, in fact, *commonplace* pre-Windows (pre-Windows 3.x, that is, let alone pre-9x/NT). Again, consoles had diddly to do with that.

The reason for the dial-down likely has more to do with different levels of PC (not console) hardware than anything else - remember, one thing Crytek got roundly whacked for (by Kyle Bennett here at [H] among others) was the overly excessive hardware requirements of the original Crysis. That dial-down does benefit console gamers - however, believe it or not, PC gamers stand to benefit far more, as the prospective PC market for Crysis 2 is far larger than that for even Crysis Warhead (which is greater than that for the original Crysis).
 
so next step is what will happen as a result of this?

as I recall HL2 was pirated some time ago. valve made some excuses and went on to make a killer game and a killer application platform. They did not bitch and moan and die. They took the "lessons" learned from piracy and made an electronic distribution platform. Pirates are not the enemy. They are future customers that love a product enough to bother downloading it. What publishers need to do is figure out how to use that good will and make money from it.
 
so next step is what will happen as a result of this?

as I recall HL2 was pirated some time ago. valve made some excuses and went on to make a killer game and a killer application platform. They did not bitch and moan and die. They took the "lessons" learned from piracy and made an electronic distribution platform. Pirates are not the enemy. They are future customers that love a product enough to bother downloading it. What publishers need to do is figure out how to use that good will and make money from it.

This stuff's classic.

Are you really trying to tell us that piracy is an act of good will? I'm still digesting Frosty's stealing can be good/it's good quality control for the PC and now this, too?

C'mon.

There's nothing good about stealing, folks.


Only thing I agree with you on is your point about Valve.
 
it doesn't take as powerful a PC as even Crysis: Warhead, let alone the original Crysis, would to run at the same settings.

That's right. Gimped. Incomplete. Decidedly unfinished. And despite all that, it is *less* demanding on hardware than *either* game that preceded it.

Seems to me that most of those improvements in performance are to do with savvy design decisions, i.e. setting the game in a relatively sparse city environment instead of dense jungle. The original Crysis would still crush a console, and I doubt C2 would be running as well if it was rendering those same environments.

But then maybe C2 goes back to the jungle later on, I don't know, and I have no intention of downloading the leaked version to find out. But if it does, that would be a better basis for comparison. If Crysis could have done what it did but more efficiently, there would have been any number of games since which did just that, instead of none. Warhead ran better, but looked noticeably worse. C2 is basically cheating by stacking the deck in its favour. Nothing wrong with that though, it's obviously the only way they could get it to run on crappy console hardware.

If anything, it's a sign of dumbing the game down to put a nice big slider in to adjust something like an FOV which is typically considered an advanced configuration setting.

Wow. Making a setting more accessible is "dumbing down" now? Because it takes away the sense of superiority you get from knowing an obscure console command? Talk about "angry entitled fans who look to be contrarian, sometimes simply for the sake of being contrarian".
 
Aside from Shitty Graphic on hardcore..

There are couple thing I really hate about the game..

1. Removed lean right and left.
2. Removed laying on the ground.
3. Maximum speed now works like shit.. That ain't max speed, that's fucking running.. The Nanosuit control is fucked in general.
4. It pretty much have no connection to Crysis beside showing Prophet suicide.. WTF?
5. Pretty scripted game unlike the first Crysis...
6. The Storyline is too generic.

Overall, this game looks horrible to be honest. I cancel my pre-order after watching hours of youtube walk through. This is a NO GO for me if this is similar to final build, since its a build from early Jan this year, which looks pretty crappy.

I can understand why CryTek did not release a DEMO for PC in first place, it would be a horrified disaster.

I have to agree, this game is like FEAR 2 to FEAR 1.. Not really a sequel...
 
I don't get why people rag on Crysis so much as a only a proof of concept/physics playground/high end benchmark, etc. when that game was just as good as Half-Life 2 was. In fact, I think it was many times better than Half-Life 2 which was just another pathetic shooter on rails.
 
The worst parts about the consolization is the dumbing down of settings and controls. I hope we are given more in the final release but the menu is obviously a console menu, the gameplay is obviously designed for controllers which have fewer inputs. Many the PC roots of the game are gone from what I've heard.

1. Checkpoint saving, no manual save or quick save/quick load
2. No advanced graphics options, you just pick "low, med, high" graphics presets basically. No control at all over anything. Not even vsync!
3. No advanced sound options, no female voice, you just have volume sliders
3. No lean left/right - replaced by a horribly wonky leaning with the aiming button
4. No prone
5. No way to set crouch to a "hold to crouch" button. It only crouches on and off like a console game

Fortunately, I read the console is still accessible (maybe since it's a developer build, I hope it isn't blocked out like MW2) and you can do r_vsync 1 and cl_fov whatever, etc.

Still, I love beautiful games, I'm going to buy Crysis 2 eventually as I did Crysis and Warhead. I hope the multiplayer is compelling enough that it creates decent sales.
 
Last edited:
There's nothing good about stealing, folks.

I disagree with this statement. Would you steal some medicine to help a dying baby?

Look, I believe pirating the game is wrong unless it's under some very specific circumstances. I don't promote piracy, and I most definitely DO promote buying good games. But to say that nothing good can come of pirating a game, that's just wrong. If you were to argue the bad outweighs the good, I might agree with you on that, certainly for some cases.
 
I disagree with this statement. Would you steal some medicine to help a dying baby?

Oh come on! That's not what we're talking about here!

That's not the same as stealing a damned videogame and you know it!


Look, I believe pirating the game is wrong unless it's under some very specific circumstances.

I just have to see this: What are those specific circumstances?


I don't promote piracy

Sorry but it sure seems like it at times.


...and I most definitely DO promote buying good games.

I hope so.


But to say that nothing good can come of pirating a game, that's just wrong.

Give me some specific examples of good things here.

If you were to argue the bad outweighs the good, I might agree with you on that, certainly for some cases.

All cases.
 
Man, this thread is depressing me, especially hearing about the dumbing down of this game, ie. they seriously removed the lean? I hope because its just a leaked beta but I wouldn't be surprised.

God, if this is anything like from FEAR 1 to FEAR 2, then I am not happy. I only played the FEAR 2 demo, bought the full game on Steam but too lazy and also afraid to play it in fear of disappointment. Already from the demo, I saw that FEAR 2 was definitely consolized in every way, gameplay (slowed down overall compared to the fast-pace of the 1st game, glowing enemies, WTF?) and story as well, despite the first game being on consoles, the story still didn't follow directly after the cliffhanger ending of 1, hell the unofficial expansion, "Extraction Point", did a better job of that! It has a completely different main character and supporting cast, etc. :mad:

And then hearing of news like Rockstar may not even port GTA5 to the PC, we're already not getting Red Dead Redemption due to rampant piracy by douchebags that want to kill the platform and make us go to the damned consoles as our only gaming choice. Man, I think going from a GTX 285 to dual 480s will be the last upgrade I do on my rig in a long time, if ever (and I got a ton of disposable income to burn, I guess I'd just forget about upgrading from my X58 i7 920 to the Intel X68 platform coming later this year) and just go to consoles instead. :(

And damn for that spoiler earlier, Prophet commits suicide? Spoiler alert next time please? :(
 
Stealing medicine for a dying baby vs. stealing a game for what? NOBODY needs a game alright?
 
Back
Top