Crysis 2 leaked for PC

I'm really enjoying the gun battles in the city much better than playing in the forest. IMO character animations are some of the best I've seen and look fantastic. I could take or leave the aliens, but they're not a deal breaker for me. However the narrative could be better, the voice actors sound like those used for Bioshock. You'd have to hear them to know what I mean.

This is gonna be a good game, no doubt about it.

The Cryosuit and how it changed the way you played the game was more important to me than the graphics.

Hrmmm, Might be time for another playthrough....

I also personally enjoyed the story very much and everything else. The graphics were an important aspect of the game for me but I still liked the story. Well I liked it up until the mothership came, then I kinda was like wtf this is lame. I must say it was fun driving and running through the entire island.

Then crysis is not for you, go look into another game.

Crysis = graphics, story was decent but wasn't the main point for most people.

What about environment, sound, pace, gameplay, controls, creativity? That's what matters in a game. There is nothing good about crisis, even the graphics are vastly overrated. Purchasing this game just promotes shitty development. Crytek is garbage.

I actually don't think the graphics are over-rated at all. They are very nice and even Crysis 1 today looks pretty amazing for how old it is.

Tudz I suppose you could technically be right. Saying that the visuals aren't optimal for the amount of processing power required is valid, but largely subjective. The problem is that the term optimization in software almost always implies what PrincessFrosty was talking about. If you want to use it to mean that the application of the graphics weren't optimal and not have the majority of people think that you meant it was poorly coded, you'd have to add that extra detail.

I think a few of us have gotten annoyed because many of the people dismissing crysis as unoptimized picked that term up from us calling games unoptimized that really were poorly coded, but then they applied it to crysis thinking it was poorly coded because it didn't run ideally on their systems.

I would agree with you that crysis on medium settings didn't look all that great, at least last time I tried it. I attributed this to their higher end features being too built in and their lack of focus on the lower range settings.

What about environment, sound, pace, gameplay, controls, creativity? That's what matters in a game. There is nothing good about crisis, even the graphics are vastly overrated. Purchasing this game just promotes shitty development. Crytek is garbage.

If your opinion was any more biased I might mistake you for an employee of a competitor trying their best to sell Crytek's sequel short. Crysis was a competent game. The controls were fine. The sound was fine. The environments, quite frankly, stand alone. It offered a nice change from the linear corridor shooter style and some actually pretty interesting gameplay options if one used the suit properly (particularly if you abused the cloak mode). It had what was at the very least an interesting storyline which appears to be continued in the followup in a refreshingly unconventional way. To say that the graphics are overrated reveals you for what you are: nothing more than a troll looking for attention. Good day, worthless sir.

Well they I'm sure EA and Crytek will knock on there door soon with lawyers in tow.

Really not a smart thing to do.

I'm kinda surprised that none of the [H]ard mods don't seem to mind people talking about pirating this game and post screen shots.

News is news bud. You can try to censor it and put your head in the sand all you want but just because you try to shut down the discussion of it here doesn't mean it won't happen elsewhere. Censoring the conversation because it talks about a leaked game just hurts the whole community here. In fact I think quite the opposite. A healthy discussion about the subject(albeit for the 1000th time) is never bad. It might help some people to see a different side of things and stop stealing the thing we love most, pc games. I'm happy they haven't shut down the discussion about it.

Tudz I suppose you could technically be right. Saying that the visuals aren't optimal for the amount of processing power required is valid, but largely subjective. The problem is that the term optimization in software almost always implies what PrincessFrosty was talking about. If you want to use it to mean that the application of the graphics weren't optimal and not have the majority of people think that you meant it was poorly coded, you'd have to add that extra detail.

I think a few of us have gotten annoyed because many of the people dismissing crysis as unoptimized picked that term up from us calling games unoptimized that really were poorly coded, but then they applied it to crysis thinking it was poorly coded because it didn't run ideally on their systems.
Ah ok, I didn't realise that the word "optimise" had that connotation when applied to software, I was just using it in the more general sense of the word. How efficiently something produces some end result, in the case of a game, graphics.

News is news bud. You can try to censor it and put your head in the sand all you want but just because you try to shut down the discussion of it here doesn't mean it won't happen elsewhere. Censoring the conversation because it talks about a leaked game just hurts the whole community here. In fact I think quite the opposite. A healthy discussion about the subject(albeit for the 1000th time) is never bad. It might help some people to see a different side of things and stop stealing the thing we love most, pc games. I'm happy they haven't shut down the discussion about it.

Its not against the rules to talk about piracy and games that are being pirated. But admissions of piracy or instructions on how to pirate something could be seen as promoting it, which few respectable forums want to be seen as doing and could potentionally bring down the wrath of the publishers.

I'm not wanting to censor the conversation but in general here on this forum whenever anyone mentions that they've openly pirated something a mod will come in and shut it down. I was simply making an observation about that.

And as for the argument of helping people "see" the light , I seriously doubt that has happened yet in this thread.

Graphics vastly overrated, when 4/5 years later it is still the best looking game(arguable with metro2033, so maybe second). You keep telling yourself that.

Environment, your on a gigantic island with Outposts, roads and jungle. I would say thats pretty good.

Creativity, nano suit and aliens not the most creative but not bad.

Controls, really? You can change them you know :rolleyes:

Gameplay, you could run in and try to gun em down or you could go sneaky or do a mix. Pretty good for an FPS.

I think buying CoD promotes more shitty development.

Those are exacly the areas where the game rocked, it was an awesome sand box game with good pacing, amazing open enviroments and nano suit mechanics that made the open world gameplay more fun then lets say fc2 or stlaker standart shooter action.
If you don't like crysis then gtfo this thread and go play mw2 or some noob ass shit like that.

Are people actually excited for this game? The first one was one of the most overrated pieces of shit I've ever played. Good graphics doesn't mean good game.

Not even worth stealing.

I think crysis dosnt explain itself well enough you can have a blast if you remember

1 ) Single Shot only , full auto is for people who like reloading and dying

2 ) Strength stops gun recoil

3 ) You can pickup ppl and use melee for an instant kill which is very useful

4 ) Use people as body shields or take them hostage, the higher rank you take hostage the less likely they will fire on you.

look i was in the same boat with crysis, rawr stupid tech demo but i gave it another try and just changing my play style a bit made this game a blast, and with these tactics you can be a lot more rambo and a lot less stealth.

2 ) Strength stops gun recoil

I was watching some let's plays and that's one of the messed up things in Crysis 2. They took out strength and speed as options. Now for some reason, it seems that maximum armor is the thing that helps you shoot as it zooms in and steadies your aim.

Those are exacly the areas where the game rocked, it was an awesome sand box game with good pacing, amazing open enviroments and nano suit mechanics that made the open world gameplay more fun then lets say fc2 or stalker standard shooter action.
If you don't like crysis then gtfo this thread and go play mw2 or some noob ass shit like that.

I'll agree that Crysis was more open world than the standard linear shooters,certainly superior to FC2.But though I enjoyed it,it in no way compares to STALKER. In fact,my biggest disappointment with Crysis 2 is that instead of following STALKER's lead and expanding on the open world,non-linear approach they seem to have abandoned it altogether.

so... what enhancements were made to the suit?

the one thing I did not like about the first two was that there was no sense of weapon progression as you go through the game. The attachments did not do it.

not sure what you guys are talking about. FC2 is nothing like either of those games. It has a huge open (boring annoying) world in two sections. Missions consist of running around from one section to another. Game engine is absolutely stunning. Has none of the atmosphere of Stalker. Crysis is essentially a corridor shooter where the corridors are really big. Nothing open world about it. God, Stalker gameplay was just 100x superior to both of those games.

not sure what you guys are talking about. FC2 is nothing like either of those games. It has a huge open (boring annoying) world in two sections. Missions consist of running around from one section to another. Game engine is absolutely stunning. Has none of the atmosphere of Stalker. Crysis is essentially a corridor shooter where the corridors are really big. Nothing open world about it. God, Stalker gameplay was just 100x superior to both of those games.

- open-world with factions
- persistent health issues that need addressing...FC2 had malaria, STALKER had radiation management
- weapons that degrade and break with use

STALKER is way better (hence my expression of fanboism in my signature)...my point was that FC2 was a lame rip-off of it.

factions are meaningless in FC2. Everyone shoots you on sight except in the neutral zones. you have to do all the faction missions, both sides. malaria only means... more missions for more pills. weapon mechanics, true, but stalkers were much more satisfying.

lol i didn't want to bring in crysis vs fc2 vs stalker what i meant is that crysis wasn't exactly a realistic shooter and it had more options->cooler tools to approach different situations, the maps were big enough to roam free in them and make an attack plan before approaching anything but it also had a minimum of tedious unnecessary walk time, there are no games like that that i can think of besides fc1 and that game had no cool nano suit so yeah for me crysis was somewhat a new thing.
Oh and fc2 didn't stand up to what they said it will be, you can't sneak, you drive more then you do anything, the story sucked, factions were broken. the shooting experience was fun but you couldn't throw explosive barrels on boats or sprint in super speed from cover to cover to shotgun flank.

Ever heard of Battlefield 3? But I get what your saying. I wish they would make a new "fast paced" twitch shooter like Quake 3 and UT 2004 were.

I was referring to single-player. I doubt Battlefield 3's single-player will be any less linear than Bad Company 2. I wouldn't have thought that anybody played STALKER for its multiplayer.

Oh and fc2 didn't stand up to what they said it will be, you can't sneak, you drive more then you do anything, the story sucked, factions were broken. the shooting experience was fun but you couldn't throw explosive barrels on boats or sprint in super speed from cover to cover to shotgun flank.

Yeah and not to mention all the gamebreaking bugs the game had, like its affinity for corrupting save files and wiping out tens of hours of game progress.

I never saw any FC2 bugs, but that being said they should have play tested it more and added feedback to make it a "fun" game. Sections that were conquered should have had friendlies move in, similar to all other open games (red faction 3, just cause 2, etc). All the distance driving and getting randomly shot in the back by some eagle eyed scout was damned annoying. Anyway back to crysis 2. Look forward to it, but suspect it will be next summer before price is reasonable for me to buy it, unless it gets A LOT of raves, ie: like BC2

I was referring to single-player. I doubt Battlefield 3's single-player will be any less linear than Bad Company 2. I wouldn't have thought that anybody played STALKER for its multiplayer.

STALKER has a multiplayer? :D
Honestly I can't wait for STALKER 2 in 2012.

And I heard that BF3 will actually get a good single player.

I wrote a blog post about this in the end, called The Fabled Max Settings, mainly with respect to Crysis and what I thought was going on with gamers and this constant optimization rubbish, I came to the conclusion that it was just gamers with bruised egos, much the same way Plauge_Injected mentioned a few posts back.

Yep, it was pretty annoying to hear so much whining coming from the so-called "enthusiasts" of the PC hardware community and really separated those who knew what they were looking at, and those who didn't. It's like people who see upscaled 480p video or low bitrate 1080p and think they're really watching HD content (It is technically HD by video resolution, but not by actual resolved detail). Those tend to be casual onlookers so I can understand their ignorance. However, reading all the whines from pseudo graphics enthusiasts kind of made a sizable chunk of the community look like a joke.

Back