• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis 2 leaked for PC

Records will kill the music performance industry.... Broadcast television will kill the theater.... Cable TV will kill the OTA networks.... VCRs will kill TV..... Cassettes will kill radio and the music industry.... DVRs will wipe out free tv forever.... CDs will destroy the music industry.... :rolleyes:

Bittorrent will kill PC gaming... Valve sets new record for PC games sales in one year on Steam

Yawn? It's starting to become really laughable how "X will kill Y industry" whenever new technology emerges. Wish the BS from developers would just stop.
 
I'm a Crysis fan, and there's no way I'd waste my time playing a crappy, unfinished copy of the game. It's like driving Ferrari that isn't painted, has 14" tires, and 4 cylinder engine. I'll buy it when it comes out, because I want to see it in all it's glory.
 
^ I agree, it's ridiculous. Theres a reason it's in Beta stage. It's not fucking done yet! :)
 
And this will just have the gaming industry hate the PC even more and gravitate even more-so towards the consoles. :(

I wouldn't be surprised, hell, I've even expect if there was a Crysis 3, for it to be console-only.
:(

The problem with PC gaming is we just aren't given a damn about. A certain game coming out is almost certainly going to come on consoles, but for PC, we have to probably beg and plead for them to make a port. It sucks to be a second-class citizen. :(
 
From what I've read the real story here is that the source and editor have been leaked aswell.
Can anyone confirm?
 
From what I've read the real story here is that the source and editor have been leaked aswell.
Can anyone confirm?

the editor is there but doesn't seem to start up properly

there is no source in the leak, just a bunch of debugging files.
 
I bet someone inside leaked it out. Maybe they are testing the waters to see everyones reaction to the game. I think somethings fishy here.
 
I bet someone inside leaked it out. Maybe they are testing the waters to see everyones reaction to the game. I think somethings fishy here.

That or they might've got infected like what happened to valve.

Glad to hear the source wasn't leaked.
 
I don't get the fuss over Stalkers graphics either, Metro 2033 is much better visually. Stalker has a sharp look to it and good draw distances but it's not visually stunning even jacked up imo. :confused:
STALKER's real appeal isn't the graphics,though they're quite good and are set in a far different world than the tropical jungles of Crysis.It's the open world,non-linear gameplay that sets it apart,something the original Crysis only hinted at,and apparently has been abandoned completely in the sequel.
Contrary to what some people think,piracy isn't restricted to PC's,if whoever leaked it had access to the console version,it probably will turn up as well. And since the game hasn't even been released yet,it has to be some kind of inside job.
 
I was disappointed when I heard about Crysis 2 beta being out in the wild. I just hope this is not going to give Crytek more ammo against PC gamers.

Why the fk does these people do these things. Sigh...
 
I'm a Crysis fan, and there's no way I'd waste my time playing a crappy, unfinished copy of the game. It's like driving Ferrari that isn't painted, has 14" tires, and 4 cylinder engine. I'll buy it when it comes out, because I want to see it in all it's glory.

+1
Not even going to look at a video, no point until it's been out 3 months and two patches later, that's how I alway roll with PC games.
 
+1
Not even going to look at a video, no point until it's been out 3 months and two patches later, that's how I alway roll with PC games.

For what it's worth, the graphics look pretty damn good. So, for people who are worried about Crysis 2 not living up to its predecessor graphically, I think they'll be pleasantly surprised. But yes, I agree with the both of you. The beta is a gimped version of the final game. I'm sure the final game will be substantially better than this leaked beta version.
 
the editor is there but doesn't seem to start up properly

there is no source in the leak, just a bunch of debugging files.

Yea , turns out Crytek got lucky on that. The master key is still out there though and thats still a concern. Its all damage control now though.

From what I've read though most people are staying away from pirating the beta in favor of waiting for the full finished game to release (probably to pirate it instead! :D I kid).

So it seems the beta was leaked from a EA FTP server so its REALLY looking like an inside job now. Pretty crazy.

Considering that its not really surprising as Crytek's CEO has voiced his supposed "difficulties" with the PC gaming community and how it does nothing but "pirate" every game known to man.

Early impressions from those that downloaded it seems to point to the graphics engine being pretty impressive but thats about it.
 
The closing line wasn't needed and only serves to prove Crytek wants to bitch and moan about piracy some more instead of focusing on crucial details. Piracy is only "damaging" to companies who want to make excuses for why their games didn't sell fifty billion copies or whatever the hell Yerli wanted.

If they released the PC demo by now, people wouldn't have a reason to download this beta build.

But nope, CONSOLES get it first this is just karma imo for there silly decision.
 
If they released the PC demo by now, people wouldn't have a reason to download this beta build.

But nope, CONSOLES get it first this is just karma imo for there silly decision.

except microsoft probably quite literally payed them a considerable amount of money to keep it exclusive for a while which would never be turned down ever

seriously, don't be dumb.
 
That or they might've got infected like what happened to valve.

Glad to hear the source wasn't leaked.

From what Ive read is that you an run the graphics on Hardcore. Its def not the final game its a pretty gimped version
 
Eh, I never get the people who pirate pc games anymore since you can just wait a year or so and basically pick up tons of games for 5-10$ on steam and in store sells. Heck just picked up Crysis + Warhead for 10$ during the last steam sale.
 
give this a read straight from Crytek

Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series’ signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.
 
They deserve this for making consoles a first priority.

Right. That perfectly justifies stealing it. :rolleyes:

I tell you some of the dumb crap people spew to justify anything amazes me sometimes.




Think it through, if you can:

What do you all think is going to happen as consequence of this?

We've already seen EA ramp up the DRM again this year. We've seem Ubisoft more or less stubbornly stick by their draconian rubbish.


They're already more than vindicated on that stance and you can count on it getting worse and probably see LESS PC support, from developers like Crytek.

Yeah, that's awesome.

This kind of thing harms PC gaming. Period.

It's going to do more of the exact thing that people are moaning about: More support and love for the consoles and less for the PC ultimately. No way around it.



What they should be angry and disappointed about and they need to trace back is: Who did this and how?

Even as rampant as piracy is, there's just no excuse for something like this to happen.
 
Last edited:
Right. That perfectly justifies stealing it. :rolleyes:

I tell you some of the dumb crap people spew to justify anything amazes me sometimes.

It wasn't a justification for stealing, he didn't say "I deserve to get this for them making consoles a first priority". He said "They deserve..." and although I dislike piracy, I do find it amusing after Crytek's bitching about piracy and blaming the community, this is their own fault for their own lack of security and internal leaks. Face it, the game was gonna get pirated either way, we all know that's always what happens and although its shit that this gives them more ammo for the "PC gaming is just a bunch of pirates" argument, its really not gonna change anything. People who are gonna buy the game are gonna buy it either way, people who weren't gonna buy it before still aren't going to buy it.

You also note that the statement they made says... "Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community." They could have said "piracy continues to hurt the PC gaming and development community" in order to come across as actually being concerned for the gaming community and not just their own interests.
 
Try visiting anywhere in South East Asia,Eastern Europe or Russia. You don't even have to bother wasting bandwidth, just go to the local market and pick up a pirated game for $1 a DVD.

very true, malaysia and hong kong come to mind... cough golden arcade cough never been there :cool:
 
Think it through, if you can:

What do you all think is going to happen as consequence of this?

We've already seen EA ramp up the DRM again this year. We've seem Ubisoft more or less stubbornly stick by their draconian rubbish.


They're already more than vindicated on that stance and you can count on it getting worse and probably see LESS PC support, from developers like Crytek.

Yeah, that's awesome.

This kind of thing harms PC gaming. Period.

It's going to do more of the exact thing that people are moaning about: More support and love for the consoles and less for the PC ultimately. No way around it.

This problem was more of a unauthorized leak rather than the typical piracy problem. No DRM could prevent stuff like this.

But I do agree with you that its damaging to PC gaming. The only thing worst than piracy is a full version being leaked out to the public before the actual game goes on sale.

Still, I don't think this time they could bluntly blame it on piracy. They need to conduct their own internal investigation and find out how this copy made its way out.
 
Right. That perfectly justifies stealing it. :rolleyes:

I tell you some of the dumb crap people spew to justify anything amazes me sometimes.




Think it through, if you can:

What do you all think is going to happen as consequence of this?

We've already seen EA ramp up the DRM again this year. We've seem Ubisoft more or less stubbornly stick by their draconian rubbish.


They're already more than vindicated on that stance and you can count on it getting worse and probably see LESS PC support, from developers like Crytek.

Yeah, that's awesome.

This kind of thing harms PC gaming. Period.

It's going to do more of the exact thing that people are moaning about: More support and love for the consoles and less for the PC ultimately. No way around it.



What they should be angry and disappointed about and they need to trace back is: Who did this and how?

Even as rampant as piracy is, there's just no excuse for something like this to happen.

I find it amusing as hell that despite Crytek's constant bitching about piracy and pulling bullshit piracy statistics out of their ass this leak is an internal issue. I agree with Tudz. Any company without good security deserves this. I don't pity Crytek, its their own fault. If they think console gaming is better for them, then they can just go. They can stop pretending to give a damn and stop wasting money on a platform they don't believe in. Their attitude doesn't make me feel sorry for them and it doesn't make me want to play their games. All their attitude does it make me want is for them to go the fuck away.
 
I find it amusing as hell that despite Crytek's constant bitching about piracy and pulling bullshit piracy statistics out of their ass this leak is an internal issue. I agree with Tudz. Any company without good security deserves this. I don't pity Crytek, its their own fault. If they think console gaming is better for them, then they can just go. They can stop pretending to give a damn and stop wasting money on a platform they don't believe in. Their attitude doesn't make me feel sorry for them and it doesn't make me want to play their games. All their attitude does it make me want is for them to go the fuck away.

Agreed 100 percent on that.
 
Already been posted. As per usual they are just making excuses for their own ineptitude.

I like the vocabulary they use as well: "an early, incomplete, unfinished build". We got it, it's not the full game, you don't need three adjectives to inform us of that fact.
 
Geez Crytek makes ONE multiplat game, and people are acting like they tied up and raped their grandparents.
 
Geez Crytek makes ONE multiplat game, and people are acting like they tied up and raped their grandparents.

I already feel that the game has been ruined being made for consoles as well, not only technically from changing from a wide open jungle setting to a closed city setting the consoles can handle.

It looks like they completely nerfed the story and setting to suit the console gamers that never played the 1st game. The game should have taken place right after the first game with the same characters but it looks like its been completely changed to suit the console gamers, with a different story and main character.

I am very cautiously optimistic about this game since it is multiplatform and guess I will be disappointed after playing the originals on PC. :(
 
Geez Crytek makes ONE multiplat game, and people are acting like they tied up and raped their grandparents.

No, people are acting like Crytek has done nothing but bitch and moan about piracy since Crysis released and for some reason are unhappy with over five million sales across two games, the first of which they barely had to put up any of their own money for. Crytek seems to believe consoles are some holy land of no piracy where every game sells like Call of Duty. They don't seem to care about the PC community anymore and if that is case they should just stop trying and go away. We don't need them or their bullshit attitude.
 
We don't need them or their bullshit attitude.

And you don't see how the feeling could be mutual?

I'm looking forward to the change of scenery from jungle to city. Now just to wait and see how it plays out. I'll pass judgement AFTER the game is out.
 
And you don't see how the feeling could be mutual?

I'm looking forward to the change of scenery from jungle to city. Now just to wait and see how it plays out. I'll pass judgement AFTER the game is out.

I have no problem with them changing the setting or even with them making a multiplatform game, some of my favorite games are multiplats. My problem is how they have been acting and treating PC gamers. Yes piracy is a problem, no Crysis would not have sold 200 million copies if not for piracy. It may have even sold less, especially due to how Crytek and all of their investors (EA, MS, Intel, Nvidia) were marketing the game prior to release. I'm hoping Crytek learned from Far Cry and Crysis and Crysis 2 doesn't go downhill after the first half, but I'm not buying it on release and I'm not paying $60 for it. Crytek's attitude has put me off greatly, I'll wait for a while and may I'll get it when its $10 or if its supposed to be really good I'll only wait until I can find it for $30. I don't feel they deserve anything more than that from me.
 
give this a read straight from Crytek

Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series’ signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.

The gaming industry keeps sending us mixed messages on this. I thought they were selling us licenses?
 
From what I've been reading elsewhere, this leak appears to be very buggy and reeks of consolitis, which is no surprise.
 
So Crytek are trying to blame us for their own mistake? It's their own fault this was leaked, and they have untrustworthy employees.
 
Back
Top