CDW Outlet Finds

Interesting find on some Shure headphones that the cheapest I'm finding is around $80. They're currently at $44, and I believe these will drop at least into the 30s (and maybe even 20s) at which point they should be a solid deal:
https://www.cdw.com/product/shure-se215-sound-isolating-earphones-earphones/6353055?pfm=srh
Worth noting these are used, hopefully it comes with some unused inserts. I personally have this set and they're pretty good, I paid $100 for them a few years back. For $44 + $8 shipping its not a bad buy, I agree at the 30s or lower a good deal.

Worth noting these are used, hopefully it comes with some unused inserts. I personally have this set and they're pretty good, I paid $100 for them a few years back. For $44 + $8 shipping its not a bad buy, I agree at the 30s or lower a good deal.
Most of the ratings in the outlet are way worse than what they're stating (they used to not even have ratings), and I would be surprised if this wasn't open box new with maybe the inserts opened, but never used. I don't think CDW could sell something as new if it was truly used and hence the warranty wouldn't apply.

How did you get $8 shipping?!? I just bought some stuff and shipping was nearly $100. Granted, it was 3x ups units, but I've never seen shipping that high before.

Most of the ratings in the outlet are way worse than what they're stating (they used to not even have ratings), and I would be surprised if this wasn't open box new with maybe the inserts opened, but never used. I don't think CDW could sell something as new if it was truly used and hence the warranty wouldn't apply.

How did you get $8 shipping?!? I just bought some stuff and shipping was nearly $100. Granted, it was 3x ups units, but I've never seen shipping that high before.
The item is specifically as Condition: Used - Like New. It generally wouldn't stop me from making a purchase. As far as the shipping goes, this is the quote I got when adding just the headphones to my cart and starting the checkout process to central Massachusetts.

The item is specifically as Condition: Used - Like New. It generally wouldn't stop me from making a purchase. As far as the shipping goes, this is the quote I got when adding just the headphones to my cart and starting the checkout process to central Massachusetts.
Yeah, I've seen those and I'm still pretty certain that they're open box new--just not as new. I don't think corporate customers would buy anything used so I don't see them selling truly used stuff. Gotcha--online. I wouldn't trust an outlet order to go through online though because of the manual allocation.

Yeah, I've seen those and I'm still pretty certain that they're open box new--just not as new. I don't think corporate customers would buy anything used so I don't see them selling truly used stuff. Gotcha--online. I wouldn't trust an outlet order to go through online though because of the manual allocation.
It's all I've ever done with cdw lol. Only orders I've had cancelled were an obvious price mistake on a 3090 and some monitors that were crazy cheap (like $24 or so.) If it gets low enough that I find it a deal, I'll place an order as a roll of the dice. I don't buy this outlet stuff if I really need it now.

It's all I've ever done with cdw lol. Only orders I've had cancelled were an obvious price mistake on a 3090 and some monitors that were crazy cheap (like $24 or so.) If it gets low enough that I find it a deal, I'll place an order as a roll of the dice. I don't buy this outlet stuff if I really need it now.
Wow, you've got some good luck then! I would rarely get an online outlet order filled, so I went to the phone and have had much better luck there. The only time I buy is when I need it (like the 3x ups units today), so I need to do the best I can to secure my odds. And sometimes like today, I have to buy when it's still not at the bottom. I know this ups unit will hit well under $<80 in the next few weeks:
https://www.cdw.com/product/apc-bac...y-back-up-and-surge-protector/6375942?pfm=srh

SamirD Your about a week late. There were about 6 of those for 80ish a week ago. :(
Yep, I saw that batch but didn't need one at that time. Luckily there were still some in the pipeline and I got mine at $90/ea so still not a bad deal for APC and true sinewave. :) Someone got my 6tb drives though. :(

Just got my UPS units--boxes looked like hell, but inside was bnib goodness all in one piece (whew!). They were never even unpacked completely. :D Love the outlet!

Oh, and I found out why my shipping was a bit higher than I expected, somehow they quoted and shipped it ups 2-day air. :eek: On 4x heavy boxes...:eek: And even after that I'm still ahead almost $50/ea ups. (y)

Hate those crappy chromebooks, but don't want to spend the money to get some expensive win10 units for the kids?

Well, the Acer Travelmates that usually run over $180 refurbed are sitting at what seems to be the bottom at just $96:
https://www.cdw.com/product/acer-tr...leron-n4000-4gb-ram-64gb-w10p/6366736?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/acer-tr...leron-n4000-4gb-ram-64gb-w10p/6356615?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/acer-tr...leron-n4000-4gb-ram-64gb-w10p/6357145?pfm=srh

And while there's only 3 of them currently at the $96 price, there's one at $100 and others at $110 that should drop to the same price in just a short time. In fact, they have more at higher prices of $192, $173, $164, and $118, so you can see how these have dropped--total of 30 in stock. Here's a link to them all:
https://www.cdw.com/search/?key=NX.VHSAA.002&outlet=1&sortby=priceasc&maxrecords=72

Last edited:
Hate those crappy chromebooks, but don't want to spend the money to get some expensive win10 units for the kids?

Well, the Acer Travelmates that usually run over $180 refurbed are sitting at what seems to be the bottom at just $96:
https://www.cdw.com/product/acer-tr...leron-n4000-4gb-ram-64gb-w10p/6366736?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/acer-tr...leron-n4000-4gb-ram-64gb-w10p/6356615?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/acer-tr...leron-n4000-4gb-ram-64gb-w10p/6357145?pfm=srh

And while there's only 3 of them currently at the $96 price, there's one at $100 and others at $110 that should drop to the same price in just a short time. In fact, they have more at higher prices of $192, $173, $164, and $118, so you can see how these have dropped--total of 30 in stock. Here's a link to them all:
https://www.cdw.com/search/?key=NX.VHSAA.002&outlet=1&sortby=priceasc&maxrecords=72
Thanks, I ordered one of these. Will be a lot easier to fiddle with my car (OBD) with a laptop rather than dragging my computer out to the garage and using 3 usb extensions to make the cable reach. :D

Thanks, I ordered one of these. Will be a lot easier to fiddle with my car (OBD) with a laptop rather than dragging my computer out to the garage and using 3 usb extensions to make the cable reach. :D
I know someone would find these useful. :) Definitely post back here once you get it. :)

13 in stock now at the $96 price. (y)

i use a blue tooth obd 2 and and app on my phone any more than that i sometimes have access to a real big boy obd 2 scanner

I know someone would find these useful. :) Definitely post back here once you get it. :)

13 in stock now at the $96 price. (y)
Got it today, it's installing Windows updates now. Shipped with 1903, FWIW.

Some notes; it's Windows 10 Pro Education. And the hinge is 180 (fold flat), not a 360 hinge as shown in the listings. I don't particularly care, I don't think I'd ever fold it around. Also, at least this one is really used; has some sort of ID written on the bottom in marker and some scuffing on the bottom. Not like some of the outlet stuff that seems 100% new; but the keyboard and screen look like new to me.

I've got a bluetooth OBD tool too, but the wired one lets me fiddle with more things (trying to calibrate the built-in GPS, so the arrow doesn't drift away from where I am; might be a lost cause though)

Last edited:
Got it today, it's installing Windows updates now. Shipped with 1903, FWIW.

Some notes; it's Windows 10 Pro Education. And the hinge is 180 (fold flat), not a 360 hinge as shown in the listings. I don't particularly care, I don't think I'd ever fold it around. Also, at least this one is really used; has some sort of ID written on the bottom in marker and some scuffing on the bottom. Not like some of the outlet stuff that seems 100% new; but the keyboard and screen look like new to me.

I've got a bluetooth OBD tool too, but the wired one lets me fiddle with more things (trying to calibrate the built-in GPS, so the arrow doesn't drift away from where I am; might be a lost cause though)
Thank you for the feedback! And it looks like windows Education isn't too bad as it has some features of Enterprise: (y)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart

Thank you for the feedback! And it looks like windows Education isn't too bad as it has some features of Enterprise: (y)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart
FYI, It's Windows Pro Education, not Windows Education; which looks like it's pretty much Pro with Cortana and Store suggestions disabled by default. Thanks for the chart! Way to go Microsoft with the confusing names. :)

Also, there's now one at $82, and one at $86! Don't be a sucker like me and buy it at $96!

FYI, It's Windows Pro Education, not Windows Education; which looks like it's pretty much Pro with Cortana and Store suggestions disabled by default. Thanks for the chart! Way to go Microsoft with the confusing names. :)

Also, there's now one at $82, and one at $86! Don't be a sucker like me and buy it at $96!
Ah! Even better! I saw that variant and thought--"nah, he would have said pro if it was pro". :oops:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: I would have never imagined these to break under the $96 price level, and then drop to $82--that's insane for a completely working computer--used stuff isn't even that cheap. At these prices they should be under $100 shipped. :eek: Thank God I posted these here so others will buy them--they are tempting even if you don't need one! :cautious:

If you're in the market for some NAS or Enterprise SSD's, there's a few WD Red's in 2TB and
some WD Gold's in 2TB for about 50% of market prices floating on the site.

I picked up a monitor a few days ago for $25 (just a vga for servers) and that was a welcome addition, damn kids broke my spare monitor
which was a super nice 144Hz BenQ. "Oh I dunno it just quit working" Power it up and I could instantly tell their little angry teenage penises
hit the screen and knocked it off the desk.

I picked up a monitor a few days ago for $25 (just a vga for servers) and that was a welcome addition, damn kids broke my spare monitor
which was a super nice 144Hz BenQ. "Oh I dunno it just quit working" Power it up and I could instantly tell their little angry teenage penises
hit the screen and knocked it off the desk.
Glad you were able to find a cheap replacement in the outlet. Although personally, I would have swapped one of the kids monitors and then said, "Oh I dunno, it was like that". :D

Any good printer recommendations from CDW? My WF 630 is on it's last throes (lasted 9 years) so need something for semi occasional printing.

Any good printer recommendations from CDW? My WF 630 is on it's last throes (lasted 9 years) so need something for semi occasional printing.
You need color or just black and white? Multi-function or just printer? Network or just regular usb?

Color would be ideal but BW would work. AIO with ADF would be required though, thanks! Networking is nice to have...

Color would be ideal but BW would work. AIO with ADF would be required though, thanks! Networking is nice to have...
This xerox for $345+ship+tax is 1/2 what it selling for at B&H:
https://www.cdw.com/product/xerox-versalink-c405dn-multifunction-printer-color/6386552?pfm=srh

I personally have a xerox laser that I got from the outlet and it was basically bnib--0 prints but the box had been opened. I was happy since it was under $140 shipped and is still working today and the starter toners are still at 94% after ~150 color prints. It will be 10 years before I replace the starter toners, lol.

I have lasers from Brother, HP, Lexmark and this Xerox. The built quality is definitely nice--reminds me of HP Enterprise (what they now call the HP lasers that aren't consumer stuff--aka old school HP lasers), and even exceeds it in many ways. Definitely a step above brother in terms of plastics and precision.

The machine didn't have the best drivers and wouldn't work with the versions of windows I have (not 10), so I just use a built-in xerox color driver and it works fine--no driver needed for a straight laser.

Now for a multi-function machine like this one, you may need or want drivers so I would make sure that works the way you want first. But since this machine is network, you should be able to also use it as a straight network printer, copier right there at the unit, and scanner via a scan to ftp/network share without many drivers. Again, double check this part will work for what you want.

Hope this helps!

This xerox for $345+ship+tax is 1/2 what it selling for at B&H:
https://www.cdw.com/product/xerox-versalink-c405dn-multifunction-printer-color/6386552?pfm=srh

I personally have a xerox laser that I got from the outlet and it was basically bnib--0 prints but the box had been opened. I was happy since it was under $140 shipped and is still working today and the starter toners are still at 94% after ~150 color prints. It will be 10 years before I replace the starter toners, lol.

I have lasers from Brother, HP, Lexmark and this Xerox. The built quality is definitely nice--reminds me of HP Enterprise (what they now call the HP lasers that aren't consumer stuff--aka old school HP lasers), and even exceeds it in many ways. Definitely a step above brother in terms of plastics and precision.

The machine didn't have the best drivers and wouldn't work with the versions of windows I have (not 10), so I just use a built-in xerox color driver and it works fine--no driver needed for a straight laser.

Now for a multi-function machine like this one, you may need or want drivers so I would make sure that works the way you want first. But since this machine is network, you should be able to also use it as a straight network printer, copier right there at the unit, and scanner via a scan to ftp/network share without many drivers. Again, double check this part will work for what you want.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, will check it out!

And while I was looking for that, I ran into this great network desktop document scanner for those that need one that is simple enough for seniors to use--the Brother ADS-2800W for about $100 cheaper than I've found it at legit places, and is cheaper than the ones on ebay. It will probably drop at least 2x more times too:
https://www.cdw.com/product/brother...scanner-desktop-usb-2.0-gigab/6406895?pfm=srh

I've used the Brother line of scanners for many years now and have 2x ADS-2500w and one ADS-3600w in our scanning army--the 2800 is part of their newer line up (like the 3600w) and is basically the upgrade from the 2500w. The strongest point of these scanners is the ability to set up a preset that will scan straight to an ftp server--great for my parents since they could scan something and have it available in minutes--no computer foolery needed. And at 600dpi color, the scans are sharp enough that you can scan something and print it out in color and it can nearly pass as the original--and it's still pretty fast. :) Great for archival projects. Another great feature is the ability to scan long documents, I believe up to 16ft in length--we use these for archiving thermal printed point of sale reports to pdf.

It's great to add something to cart and still find it there hours later...if you catch my drift.;)

Thanks, will check it out!
Welcome!
It's great to add something to cart and still find it there hours later...if you catch my drift.;)
Yep! But I'd definitely call in the order to make sure you get it. I just got some stuff delivered from the outlet the other day--savings so good I was even able to toss in a goody and still come in cheaper than the normal street cost. :) And everything works great too!

Shipping on the xerox was half the cost of the printer lol, may just get a MFC-L3770CDW instead.

Shipping on the xerox was half the cost of the printer lol, may just get a MFC-L3770CDW instead.

What?!? I think someone was making the same '2-day air' mistake that happened to me on one of my orders last month. They were quoting 2-day air versus ground. I didn't catch it, but I did get everything I needed in 2 days. :D I'd call back and check again and you'll probably get a more reasonable quote. Unless that thing is over 75lbs, it shouldn't be more than $60.

What?!? I think someone was making the same '2-day air' mistake that happened to me on one of my orders last month. They were quoting 2-day air versus ground. I didn't catch it, but I did get everything I needed in 2 days. :D I'd call back and check again and you'll probably get a more reasonable quote. Unless that thing is over 75lbs, it shouldn't be more than $60.
Called, couldn't get it lowered, it's 82 lbs I think.

Anyone know if CDW handles OEM Intel warranties?
I know everything has a 30 day return policy and then standard warranties. If the Intel oem one goes through the retailer/dealer/distributor, then that would be CDW, but I would check on the length of the warranty as it will probably have some sort of limits for oem vs retail.

I know everything has a 30 day return policy and then standard warranties. If the Intel oem one goes through the retailer/dealer/distributor, then that would be CDW, but I would check on the length of the warranty as it will probably have some sort of limits for oem vs retail.
Well on their chat they said they don't handle the Intel OEM warranty so basically all a buyer has to fall on is the 30 day return policy. Intel's warranty terms state end users are basically tits up on OEM warranty if the reseller/distributor isn't handling it. Not worth gambling $360 on in my book. I dunno maybe I'll gamble on it since Wal-mart screwed me over restocked what I ordered 5 times and never shipped mine stating it was delayed then cancelled my order.

Back