CDW Outlet Finds

white_devil

Limp Gawd
Well I ordered 2 Sennheiser bluetooth headsets and the toner kit and the boxes for all had obviously been opened but the contents appeared brand new. All accessories were unopened and as far as I can tell nothing had been used.

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I ordered 2 Sennheiser bluetooth headsets and the toner kit and the boxes for all had obviously been opened but the contents appeared brand new. All accessories were unopened and as far as I can tell nothing had been used.
Yep, that's what I love about the outlet. (y) I recently got a startech esata cloning dock and 2x panasonic 4k ip cameras in the same condition. I got the dock for 1/2 of the street price and both cameras for less than the price of 1. (y)

deruberhanyok

[H]ard|Gawd
Intel Skull Canyon NUC $290:

https://www.cdw.com/product/intel-n...-6770hq-2.6-ghz-0-mb/6476311?enkwrd=next+unit

The listing is confusing - says it includes 32GB of RAM, which would be great at that price, but also says 4x ethernet ports, which isn't actually possible, so no idea if any of that is correct.

Wouldn't be much for games these days but it's otherwise a decent deal for a 4C/8T setup. They did get a bit loud under load, though.

There's also some just-listed Galaxy Tab S5e:

https://www.cdw.com/search/Computers/Tablets/?lfr=1&w=CC&key=galaxy+tab+s5e&outlet=1

If you're in the market for a tablet and want Android, I've used one of these and can recommend it. Like the S6 it has a gorgeous OLED screen, though it doesn't support Samsung's stylus "s-pen". There's also either already an Android 11 update or one is coming soon. They're a bit pricey now, but if the prices start to drop you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer display on a tablet.

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Super finds!

To find out the specs on an item, ignore CDW's description (often wrong and hence how it maybe even got in the outlet), and use the manufacturer's part number which is everything before the "-BSTK". I researched the part number on that NUC and it's the real deal as there's the exact same model on ebay with the same 32GB installed going for almost 2x the price. (y)

And I did the same search on the tablets and your assessment is dead-on--these will be a good value in just a bit, especially when they drop below $300. (y)

Super finds!

To find out the specs on an item, ignore CDW's description (often wrong and hence how it maybe even got in the outlet), and use the manufacturer's part number which is everything before the "-BSTK". I researched the part number on that NUC and it's the real deal as there's the exact same model on ebay with the same 32GB installed going for almost 2x the price. (y)

It's a pretty good price, but it does not include RAM. Any listing for that part number that states "32 GB" is mistakenly listing the max supported. Various retailer listings that come up on a search of the product number bear this out.

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
It's a pretty good price, but it does not include RAM. Any listing for that part number that states "32 GB" is mistakenly listing the max supported. Various retailer listings that come up on a search of the product number bear this out.
It will be interesting what will happen with that ebay listing I saw then with the same part number and also listing it with 32GB--this is probably the reason it was returned then. ;)

deruberhanyok

[H]ard|Gawd
Theee are over 200 results for the 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8” android tablet. Lots added just recently.

they start at $133 (which IMO is way too high, you can get them new on sale for just a couple bucks more) but even before this deluge they were regularly dropping below $60. Might get even lower now.

if you are looking for a small cheap tablet that runs android (vs. a small cheap tablet that runs the Amazon FireOS spin) this is far, far better than buying one of the rando brandos on Amazon. There’s an official update to android 10 but I don’t think they’re going to get version 11.

https://www.cdw.com/search/Computers/Tablets/?lfr=1&w=CC&key=sm-t290&outlet=1

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Theee are over 200 results for the 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8” android tablet. Lots added just recently.

they start at $133 (which IMO is way too high, you can get them new on sale for just a couple bucks more) but even before this deluge they were regularly dropping below $60. Might get even lower now.

if you are looking for a small cheap tablet that runs android (vs. a small cheap tablet that runs the Amazon FireOS spin) this is far, far better than buying one of the rando brandos on Amazon. There’s an official update to android 10 but I don’t think they’re going to get version 11.

https://www.cdw.com/search/Computers/Tablets/?lfr=1&w=CC&key=sm-t290&outlet=1
Nice find! If they hit $60 before, they'll do it again for sure.

And speaking of again for sure, I checked one of the earlier tablet links I posted and sure enough, there's still some and 1 now at the sweet spot of below $300:
https://www.cdw.com/search/Computers/Tablets/?lfr=1&w=CC&key=galaxy+tab+s5e&outlet=1

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Wow. Surface pro X (ARM) for $220, 8GB/128GB config.
Insane price.

https://www.cdw.com/product/microsoft-surface-pro-x-13-sq1-8-gb-ram-128-gb-ssd/6497006

liiroy if you don’t mind an ARM one it would be impossible to find a better deal than this.

edit- looks like it sold fast! No surprise. I don’t even want one and I was considering it anyways.
Post it here and if there's literally any demand at all and if it's a solid deal it's going to be gone. :eek: Apparently, there's thousands of people all over the Internet that have found this thread and regularly buy the deals. A lot of times, it's why I can't find things when I need them anymore. :(

liiroy

Limp Gawd

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
i probably bought the last one ;)
Only if you called it in since there's only one...;) Inventory for outlet items is allocated manually, not automatically. So an item can still show in stock and take orders even when there is only one sitting on the shelf. But if you place a phone order and confirm stock and have them allocate the inventory to your order, the chances are very slim that another order gets your goods.

If you placed and online order, I would call them and see if there's inventory to be allocated and to allocate it to your order. If there's no inventory, then you missed out and you might as well cancel the order since it will auto-cancel in a week or so after the order can't be filled.

Reactions: xx0xx
like this

liiroy

Limp Gawd
Only if you called it in since there's only one...;) Inventory for outlet items is allocated manually, not automatically. So an item can still show in stock and take orders even when there is only one sitting on the shelf. But if you place a phone order and confirm stock and have them allocate the inventory to your order, the chances are very slim that another order gets your goods.

If you placed and online order, I would call them and see if there's inventory to be allocated and to allocate it to your order. If there's no inventory, then you missed out and you might as well cancel the order since it will auto-cancel in a week or so after the order can't be filled.
:( you are right... no stock