CDW Outlet Finds

chimera991

[H]ard|Gawd
man i get a company discount but shit on CDW is still over priced or prices from like 6 months ago. This is just personally what ive seen.

xx0xx

Gawd
It really seems to depend on the product. Some of the outlet sales have been prices I couldn't find anywhere else when comparing (though that was pre-shipping cost). Their "regular" non-outlet prices don't seem to be that competitive, though.

SamirD

2[H]4U
I see some T630 thin clients floating around

https://www.cdw.com/product/hp-t630-128-8-w10i-bstk/6047205?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/hp-t630-128-8-w10i-bstk/6047177?pfm=srh
https://www.cdw.com/product/hp-t630-128-8-w10i-bstk/6047173?pfm=srh

$154.99. Not sure how great of a deal that is overall but definitely decent compared to new price. 8GB RAM / 128GB flash variant (which i think is the highest configuration for these?)
Might be better off with a mini PC like a ThinkCentre Tiny or something, but I believe these may be fanless? I can't tell.
In the time that you guys noticed these the guys over at servethehome already bought them. :eek: They're a common platform to run lightweight virtual machines or use as a head-end for a cluster. The expanded chassis version that accepts a pcie card is commonly used for a pfsense build.

In stock form, they're great to use as a power sipping completely silent rdp client. I actually use an older Wyse z90s7 to rdp into any/all of the machines that I have in various places. I sometimes forget that I even use one until times like this as it's just silent.

As a thin client, they can also be locked down very hard, so they make great head-ends for seniors and kids that will otherwise mess up a full computer. As long as it's just general productivity, you can keep a system/vm/server elsewhere and just have a thin client, monitor, and keyboard for the user that they cannot change. I used some very old Neoware thin clients in a setup like this to keep my parents from constantly trashing systems full of gunk.

Reactions: xx0xx
like this

SamirD

2[H]4U
It really seems to depend on the product. Some of the outlet sales have been prices I couldn't find anywhere else when comparing (though that was pre-shipping cost). Their "regular" non-outlet prices don't seem to be that competitive, though.
I've found that the places that have better prices and are still selling genuine goods takes much longer to get--like Provantage and Compsource. Items from these companies are definitely cheaper, but it will sometimes take weeks to get it. That's okay if you can plan ahead, but if I need something more immediately, CDW's regular price is the best I can find for the real thing in a faster timeframe. Of course if I'm planning ahead, I'm buying from the outlet and getting it cheaper than anywhere else. (y)

They are annoying slow these days. Also, I was told yesterday on chat that they weren't able to generate a quote for me since they aren't sales reps, which is the first time I've heard that. She gave me the name of my sales rep and I emailed him and never heard back. Bye bye 5% I guess!

cdoublejj

Limp Gawd
friend on FB bought something a month or 2 ago and nothing, zip zilch, nada, then got charged the other day 1 or some months later. We had vendor like that at work and we just stopped using them.

SamirD

2[H]4U
They are annoying slow these days. Also, I was told yesterday on chat that they weren't able to generate a quote for me since they aren't sales reps, which is the first time I've heard that. She gave me the name of my sales rep and I emailed him and never heard back. Bye bye 5% I guess!
Wow, that's not good to hear. :( I wonder if it is a sales issue or supply? Ingram Micro, the distributor they buy from, was bought out by the chinese a couple of years back so who knows if that's now a problem. :confused:

SamirD

2[H]4U
friend on FB bought something a month or 2 ago and nothing, zip zilch, nada, then got charged the other day 1 or some months later. We had vendor like that at work and we just stopped using them.
Was this on an outlet item or just regular? Because for regular stuff they're pretty good about sending the order conf just like every other company and going from there.

SamirD

2[H]4U
I'm noticing that as well. A friend at work said he was looking for a ups for his rack. Normally there are several to choose from but nothing for the last week or so.
Yeah I've seen that too. There was only even a single rack mount last time I checked. :( Just shows how much sales have slowed down.

Now that being said, I forgot about the power supply shortage and these 750w units sitting in the outlet. They're not the best price, but considering they're in stock at a discount may mean more right now. :eek:
https://www.cdw.com/search/?outlet=...ch-_-search+all&SortBy=PriceAsc&maxrecords=72

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie

joecop120

[H]ard|Gawd
I was watching that one...was wondering how low it would go, lol.
Yeah, I had a "bite" price. The weird thing - the first listing for it said "new - blemished packaging" which then changed to "used - like new".

Received it yesterday and the card was in original box (serials matched) but in an antistatic bag for a 2080ti. Imagine my face when I saw the bag said 2080ti. o_O. Haven't tested yet, but I've had a good experience with PNY warranty and CDW is 2.5 hours away from me in IL.

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Yeah, I had a "bite" price. The weird thing - the first listing for it said "new - blemished packaging" which then changed to "used - like new".

Received it yesterday and the card was in original box (serials matched) but in an antistatic bag for a 2080ti. Imagine my face when I saw the bag said 2080ti. o_O. Haven't tested yet, but I've had a good experience with PNY warranty and CDW is 2.5 hours away from me in IL.
Their vernon hills warehouse is 20min from me....I used to go to their showroom all the time.

I hope you actually got a 2080Ti...that would be epic. Good luck!

SamirD

2[H]4U
I just picked up an 860 Evo 500GB for $44 shipped!!! MOAR SSD!
I saw that one. :D I knew someone would get a deal on it. :)

There's some really good deals on 12TB and 16TB SAS enterprise drives in the works, and lots of drives too so probably enough for everyone: (y)
https://www.cdw.com/search/?outlet=...ch-_-search+all&SortBy=PriceAsc&maxrecords=72

So when I placed my most recent outlet order I found out why there was a lull in outlet items--CDW closed their warehouse for an entire week while implementing a full blown business continuity plan. It actually took everyone by surprise as they sent an email out on a Friday evening, so everyone scrambled to get out critical orders and then they stopped all shipping and revamped the warehouse procedures for long-term safety as well as implemented a full blown wfh setup for the call center reps. It took about a week to hammer out the bugs after they came back online, but I asked the rep and he said it's been working great ever since. :) And outlet inventories have been increasing as well. :D

And on a side note, I think I might start being a little quiet here except on non-storage items as I've had drives I needed ordered out from under me for months now. :( I hate to do it, but I've got a drive demand I've needed to fill for better part of a year now. :(