Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Bigbacon

Bigbacon [H]ardForum Junkie

Thwy served.in all areas f
    Bf2/2142 it served a great purpose. Spotting helped win games. Remember the commander role? It was so valuable and doing it wellbwas awesome.

Its all a dumbed down mess now.

2. OFaceSIG

OFaceSIG [H]ard|Gawd

Show the many who have refuted this all already where Soviet women were infantry, tank drivers, cavalry, hell even combat medics and we'll concede.

Armenius likes this.
  3. l88bastard

l88bastard 2[H]4U

Beta was very discriminatory as I did not see any Latinos, Albinos or Whineos. Is it possible to cancel my pre-order twice?

Also, my grandfather was a transgender female asian nazi pilot who served in -WW2.2 on the british front deep within Sweden in the year 1491 before s/he sailed with Columbus

4. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

One word to fix the entire game: Muppets

5. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Every 12 yr old on Reddit has already run this line dry comedically.

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones [H]ard|Gawd

Battlefield V: Changing Ryan's Privates?

7. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

First of all, I'm really tired of all the bitching and complaining I've done. I wore myself down on the matter. With that said, I still may buy it only because it has character building and my new 2080 Ti will need a showcase piece of software.

At any-rate ... my very tiny review:

BF5 didn't feel like WW2 to me at all. I played the beta maybe around 2 or 3 hours. I just wasn't drawn back to the game like I was with BF4. God knows home many hours I have into that game. Also, a true story, when I first saw a German tank in BF5, I was like, what the hell is a German tank doing here .... oh, never mind ... those were my honest thoughts.

It was ok.

Didn't have the wow factor that BF4 had.

Also, did anyone else feel a presence of BF1 in BF5? I did.

I did think the train on the platform was cool, the water-ways and boats ... lot of time went into that level. Still all felt very linear / on rails to me. They present this illusion of grand scale but the truth is, you're very exposed anywhere on the map save a few corner stores and stair-ways and or ducked / prone here and there.

Still, it felt disconnected to me, like some of the parts made sense, some didn't. I definitely wasn't sucked in like I am with other games. I think it's very dangerous to play around with history like this. And no, these types of games are not just games to me. If YOU want to personally say it's just a game, fine, but that's your opinion. Please don't assume that's the case for other players. We all have different expectations and wants out of this medium. Some are OK with the fantasy parts of the game which, apparently there are a lot. I heard women in combat and saw some Asian chick, black solders. For myself, these types of games are a way for myself and others to live thru a long lost soldier, the excitement of combat with your digital life on the line. The thrill of it all. I kept hearing a woman's voice in combat ... totally brought me out of the experience I wanted to have.

EA is making a huge effort for the game to connect to new / younger gamers and women as well I guess. The problem with that is their fantasy costumes, loose definition of period correct uniforms, etc don't align with other parts of the game. I'm hearing a lot of excuses from everyone. The game is so full of "what if's" it's not even funny. You can't have a game full of woman and say .. "hey, it's possible, Russia had many women serving in combat." ..... yeah, but ......

So yeah .... I still may buy it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. firas

firas 2[H]4U

bad artistic decisions everywhere that made the game look unfinished, unrealistic, grainy and ugly. favoring blurriness rather than clarity.
    it looks cartoony, players look goofy and player movement feels off, too much saturation, motion blur, forced AA, filters, snow effects, fog, aggressive dynamic resolution. effects that blend too much with the map.
    water looks crap, lighting feels wrong, bad visibility, some objects are too dark and others look washed out. maps doesn't look "real", its like a community made paintball maps. objects is just flat out ugly, buildings looks like painted cardboard's.

and as usual overall low quality of gunplay and bad guns & classes balance will kill any potential for this game to be semi competitive and skill based.
    they're aware good players and squads ruined the game for casual players in BF2 (a dev said it), I remember me and my clan doing this in BC2. so now it's a griefers & campers heaven with bunch of headless chickens running around.

Sprinter81 and spaceman like this.
  9. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

This argument to me would hold water if it was not a beta but because it was an open beta, ill reserve all my judgments on image quality until its finally released and in completed stage. The drivers aren't optimized for the game as well, there were a number of visual bugs, and terrain issues as I had fallen through the maps or objects in the map during my game play. I understand there is this whole bandwagon hate going around but I myself thought the game play was fine. My only issue i will hold with them is that they suck at netcode and the over customized characters will ruin the "immersion" for me when a guy runs around with a pink trench coat with a Nazi helmet with a smiley face painted on the side that says peace on it.

Graphical issues are the least of our worried on this game at this stage of the beta.

10. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

I think my only real issue is the weapon tree unlock system. just give me the weapon unlocks while I level up the gun.

Armenius likes this.
  11. chameleoneel

chameleoneel 2[H]4U

really, most of these complaints boil down to people wanting Battlefield to be a period correct, realistic sim game. Want Battlefield to be something which it is not.

Battlefield has never been strictly correct to any period and has definitely never been a sim or even all that realistic.

it does, however, apparently ride a vaey fine line on suspension of disbelief, for some people. Give or take a couple of things, and some people can no longer suspend that disbelief. Even though they are already at least ok with the MANY unrealistic and/or incorrect aspects of these games.

12. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

It's a casual game now firas. We won't see a comp game again from this developer. I miss the good old days too. Getting scrims or playing matches in twl and cal. Going up and down the ladders. Lans. Real fun.

I would still pay $$$ to play this game as Beeker with a flamethrower though. I like fire.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  13. l88bastard

l88bastard 2[H]4U

Did you just assume my grandfathers gender?

tenor.gif