Battlefield V

Infantry? Mechanized infantry? Cavalry? I used the term combat arms specifically. I JUST learned thanks to your retort that the Soviets had "2,484 soviet female snipers" First I had heard of this. So that does change things. However that is a tiny %. But to my point they weren't running around with the grunts. They most likely performed overwatch, etc.

Pilots, truck drivers, nurses, etc don't count as combat arms. That was my original point.

I learned something today. I like that. Thank you for your good retort.

Thwy served.in all areas f
This was the source of a large learning curve for me in BF2 days. But, I think it will make BF5 a deeper experience. It forces you to gain more of a "feel" for the environment and gameplay presented to you. Rather than simply following around orange dots like a kitten.
Once I "broke through" so to speak, with BF2, I remember feeling an internal dialogue of "ah ha" and then "OMG this is amazing".

Bf2/2142 it served a great purpose. Spotting helped win games. Remember the commander role? It was so valuable and doing it wellbwas awesome.

Its all a dumbed down mess now.

Beta was very discriminatory as I did not see any Latinos, Albinos or Whineos. Is it possible to cancel my pre-order twice?

Also, my grandfather was a transgender female asian nazi pilot who served in -WW2.2 on the british front deep within Sweden in the year 1491 before s/he sailed with Columbus

First of all, I'm really tired of all the bitching and complaining I've done. I wore myself down on the matter. With that said, I still may buy it only because it has character building and my new 2080 Ti will need a showcase piece of software.

At any-rate ... my very tiny review:

BF5 didn't feel like WW2 to me at all. I played the beta maybe around 2 or 3 hours. I just wasn't drawn back to the game like I was with BF4. God knows home many hours I have into that game. Also, a true story, when I first saw a German tank in BF5, I was like, what the hell is a German tank doing here .... oh, never mind ... those were my honest thoughts.

It was ok.

Didn't have the wow factor that BF4 had.

Also, did anyone else feel a presence of BF1 in BF5? I did.

I did think the train on the platform was cool, the water-ways and boats ... lot of time went into that level. Still all felt very linear / on rails to me. They present this illusion of grand scale but the truth is, you're very exposed anywhere on the map save a few corner stores and stair-ways and or ducked / prone here and there.

Still, it felt disconnected to me, like some of the parts made sense, some didn't. I definitely wasn't sucked in like I am with other games. I think it's very dangerous to play around with history like this. And no, these types of games are not just games to me. If YOU want to personally say it's just a game, fine, but that's your opinion. Please don't assume that's the case for other players. We all have different expectations and wants out of this medium. Some are OK with the fantasy parts of the game which, apparently there are a lot. I heard women in combat and saw some Asian chick, black solders. For myself, these types of games are a way for myself and others to live thru a long lost soldier, the excitement of combat with your digital life on the line. The thrill of it all. I kept hearing a woman's voice in combat ... totally brought me out of the experience I wanted to have.

EA is making a huge effort for the game to connect to new / younger gamers and women as well I guess. The problem with that is their fantasy costumes, loose definition of period correct uniforms, etc don't align with other parts of the game. I'm hearing a lot of excuses from everyone. The game is so full of "what if's" it's not even funny. You can't have a game full of woman and say .. "hey, it's possible, Russia had many women serving in combat." ..... yeah, but ......

So yeah .... I still may buy it.

Last edited:
bad artistic decisions everywhere that made the game look unfinished, unrealistic, grainy and ugly. favoring blurriness rather than clarity.
it looks cartoony, players look goofy and player movement feels off, too much saturation, motion blur, forced AA, filters, snow effects, fog, aggressive dynamic resolution. effects that blend too much with the map.
water looks crap, lighting feels wrong, bad visibility, some objects are too dark and others look washed out. maps doesn't look "real", its like a community made paintball maps. objects is just flat out ugly, buildings looks like painted cardboard's.

and as usual overall low quality of gunplay and bad guns & classes balance will kill any potential for this game to be semi competitive and skill based.
they're aware good players and squads ruined the game for casual players in BF2 (a dev said it), I remember me and my clan doing this in BC2. so now it's a griefers & campers heaven with bunch of headless chickens running around.

bad artistic decisions everywhere that made the game look unfinished, unrealistic, grainy and ugly. favoring blurriness rather than clarity.
it looks cartoony, players look goofy and player movement feels off, too much saturation, motion blur, forced AA, filters, snow effects, fog, aggressive dynamic resolution. effects that blend too much with the map.
water looks crap, lighting feels wrong, bad visibility, some objects are too dark and others look washed out. maps doesn't look "real", its like a community made paintball maps. objects is just flat out ugly, buildings looks like painted cardboard's.

and as usual overall low quality of gunplay and bad guns & classes balance will kill any potential for this game to be semi competitive and skill based.
they're aware good players and squads ruined the game for casual players in BF2 (a dev said it), I remember me and my clan doing this in BC2. so now it's a griefers & campers heaven with bunch of headless chickens running around.
This argument to me would hold water if it was not a beta but because it was an open beta, ill reserve all my judgments on image quality until its finally released and in completed stage. The drivers aren't optimized for the game as well, there were a number of visual bugs, and terrain issues as I had fallen through the maps or objects in the map during my game play. I understand there is this whole bandwagon hate going around but I myself thought the game play was fine. My only issue i will hold with them is that they suck at netcode and the over customized characters will ruin the "immersion" for me when a guy runs around with a pink trench coat with a Nazi helmet with a smiley face painted on the side that says peace on it.

Graphical issues are the least of our worried on this game at this stage of the beta.

I think my only real issue is the weapon tree unlock system. just give me the weapon unlocks while I level up the gun.

really, most of these complaints boil down to people wanting Battlefield to be a period correct, realistic sim game. Want Battlefield to be something which it is not.

Battlefield has never been strictly correct to any period and has definitely never been a sim or even all that realistic.

it does, however, apparently ride a vaey fine line on suspension of disbelief, for some people. Give or take a couple of things, and some people can no longer suspend that disbelief. Even though they are already at least ok with the MANY unrealistic and/or incorrect aspects of these games.

It's a casual game now firas. We won't see a comp game again from this developer. I miss the good old days too. Getting scrims or playing matches in twl and cal. Going up and down the ladders. Lans. Real fun.

I would still pay $$$ to play this game as Beeker with a flamethrower though. I like fire.

Last edited:
Every 12 yr old on Reddit has already run this line dry comedically.

Did you just assume my grandfathers gender?

tenor.gif

so both teams will use the same weapons? I don't like this. in bf1 I guess there was a limited amount of weapons during ww1 so it made sense. in older bf games I remember playing bf2 and the us had m16, iraq had the ak. but maybe unlocks were accessible to all teams, anyone remember?

Last edited:
Is this game DoA?

Of course not. Will it be as successful as previous BFs? I dunno, I doubt it. Just don't buy into the Youtube outrage mongers who literally profit off of videos like the above, which are in fashion these days.

Of course not. Will it be as successful as previous BFs? I dunno, I doubt it. Just don't buy into the Youtube outrage mongers who literally profit off of videos like the above, which are in fashion these days.

And EA doesn't profit off their BS lies & misleading information? C'mon. That's been the fashion for decades with EA.

Did you even watch the video? Sure theirs a lot of satire , but also a lot of truth.

Beta was at least as good as bf1 for infantry. Dunno if they will end up borking the game. I am just going to try it via the monthly thing. If I like it, I will buy it.

Is this game DoA?
not for me. my friends and I enjoyed the beta and still wish we could play it. alot of people said they won't be buying it when I see the comments on youtube videos and here. but I don't get a fk. servers were still packed till the beta ended.

I have checked in so far on most of the regular servers I play on and they are holding off to see how everything plays out. With no rental servers at launch they are waiting to see if it is the same broken BF1 system.

Game needs more Churchill and less Neville Chamberlain. Also, some Patton and Montgomery would be nice.

I’d like to see a mode where Patton and Rommel do battle one on one.

How about a storm the bunker map based on the movie Downfall.

In between rounds, how fast can you build a bridge over the river kwai?

How about a submarine like Das Boot?

Finally, I’d like to drive a carrier off the map. Thank you.

Saw the video above. Did I understand correctly that DICE fired the developer who said to gamers that if we didn't like the game to not buy it? Is that correct? If so, wow. Good for them.

Wow. Thanks for the link. This guy got a $20M bonus last year. Yeah he got fired.

Battle Royale mode not coming until March 2019. GG. Unless they just mean a new map?

upload_2018-10-24_16-27-25.png

No, BR will come on March but that's something already expected. It was never promised to be available day one and some devs had already intended to a March window release.

Battle Royale mode not coming until March 2019. GG. Unless they just mean a new map?

View attachment 114547
fine with me. I think most bf fans want to play good old battlefield. I'd rather have them work on more maps and content than the br mode. there are 3 very populated br games out right now anyway. by the time march rolls around blackout players will be seeking something new.

There are only four modes I'd like in BF games.

Conquest Large. That means 5-7 tanks/armored vehicles per team, not two.
Rush with vehicles. Again, many vehicles per team.

Team Death Match - Infantry only. Think BF4.
Rush Infantry - No vehicles, possibly slightly smaller than Rush with vehicles.

More of a server side mode, but TDM pistols only was fun in BF4.

I have no interest in any other mode. They're typically poorly done and not interesting. Too many game modes splits the community as well. As for Battle Royal it is on the decline. There are three big games out there now. No one else is getting into that market anytime soon. PUGB was the first and it was rough. Fortnite added polish and largely took the player base. CoD came in with massive marketing and brand recognition. Between those three, no one else is going to make their mark. BR is just like MOBAs - a flash in the pan. In the next two years the average gamer will move onto the next big craze in gaming.

Last edited:
There are only four modes I'd like in BF games.

Conquest Large. That means 5-7 tanks/armored vehicles per team, not two.
Rush with vehicles. Again, many vehicles per team.

Team Death Match - Infantry only. Think BF4.
Rush Infantry - No vehicles, possibly slightly smaller than Rush with vehicles.

More of a server side mode, but TDM pistols only was fun in BF4.

I have no interest in any other mode. They're typically poorly done and not interesting. Too many game modes splits the community as well. As for Battle Royal it is on the decline. There are three big games out there no. No one else is getting into that market anytime soon. PUGB was the first and it was rough. Fortnite added polish and largely took the player base. CoD came in with massive marketing and brand recognition. Between those three, no one else is going to make their mark. BR is just like MOBAs - a flash in the pan. In the next two years the average gamer will move onto the next big craze in gaming.
Yeah TDM was great, my favorite was probably the Close Quarters DLC, sad that its dead. I liked the map in the office building.

Add a 'meatgrinder mode'- stuff like Metro and Locker, no vehicles. Maybe that's CoD'ish, but with the weapons and classes usually available in BF it's still entertaining.

No, BR will come on March but that's something already expected. It was never promised to be available day one and some devs had already intended to a March window release.

We still don't know who is making their BR do we? I know it is outsourced, but wasn't sure if they ever said who was working on it.

Add a 'meatgrinder mode'- stuff like Metro and Locker, no vehicles. Maybe that's CoD'ish, but with the weapons and classes usually available in BF it's still entertaining.

I loved Metro in Rush, hated it in other modes. In BF4 it sucks for TDM. Locker is great for TDM.

One thing they need to do for TDM (infantry only) is fine tune the maps. A number of TDM maps ended up being crap. Of the 27 maps in BF4, about 16 or so are worth playing for TDM. Stuff like Dragon Valley (aka Noshar Canals from BF3) were crap. Sniper vs mortar fests. The ship container yard simply didn't have enough cover to move through. They should've made the TDM mode take place on the island with the temple. Probably the worst is Lumphini Garden. You literally spawn in front of enemies. A few days back I spawned and gunned down 5 guys within 15 seconds at the start of the match.

Other maps like Locker, Golmud & Pearl Market were great for TDM. I'd certainly like to see them put more care into those modes and balance them properly. Battle Royale and other new game modes don't give me much hope. In any case, I'm more interested in the future BF title and hope they reign in game modes and put a few good ones and balance each map for them. For BFV I have little interest as is and likely won't be buying it anytime soon. I don't even know when it releases and can't be bothered to look it up, lol.

I’m the opposite of some people in here. I had a ton of fun with the beta. Loved the higher weapon recoil and shorter TTK. I recently discovered how much fun BR mode is and that has me even more excited for BFV. Looking forward to this game.

We still don't know who is making their BR do we? I know it is outsourced, but wasn't sure if they ever said who was working on it.
I think the first time I knew who was developing the BR mode, known as Firestorm by the way, was with the official announcement in a blog post.

FIRESTORM: FIRST DETAILS OF BATTLEFIELD V'S BATTLE ROYALE MODE
Developed by Criterion Games in partnership with DICE, Firestorm elevates battle royale by bringing in the best of what Battlefield is known for.
Go to the link to read more information about Firestorm.

The beta was pretty good. With this engine, the BR could be a lot of fun for fans of that game mode. I am in for a look see via the origin monthly subscription. I would avoid the game at launch though. You know they will at least get ddossing or something lame.

Back