Battlefield V

Half expected it. I think it is the case although the menu art looks odd for WWII, but I suppose it is place holder. Better than WWI, but still underwhelming. To be honest, considering BF1 gave everyone automatic weapons I don't see how it will play differently outside of the tanks. Still want another modern warfare game or at least a 70-80s Cold War era game. 70-80s era is typically overlooked in war games.

Edit: I'll also say that I find it humorous that people follow trends and are too afraid to have their own opinion. Regardless of how good a theme may be or how well it is done, the average person and reviewer will just mimic the marketing points. You only ever see backlash if something extremely horrible is done (Battlefront 2 microtransactions). EA marketing can stuff some bullshit down the gaming media sites about how BF1 will be "so different because its WWI" and they will regurgitate it. And then the players will lap it all up. BF1 was such a lazy effort but EA has seemingly convinced the gaming media and gamers that it was an awesome achievement.

I think the player count and how quickly BF1 premium went down to dirt cheap levels tells how how the silent majority really felt about BF1.

Last edited:
no dedicated servers = no buy. I am not falling for the bullshit again after the BF1 fiasco.

Battlefield: On-Disc-DLC Randomised-Loot-Box Pre-Order-Bonus Season-Pass Edition.

Sorry, Triple-A no longer interests me.

Remember back in BF2, when you earned your guns and buffs based on medals earned, hours played, and games won? and a $15 expansion gave you a whole new army and maps and weapons and gameplay? Yeah, I remember those days...

Battlefield: On-Disc-DLC Randomised-Loot-Box Pre-Order-Bonus Season-Pass Edition.

Sorry, Triple-A no longer interests me.

Remember back in BF2, when you earned your guns and buffs based on medals earned, hours played, and games won? and a $15 expansion gave you a whole new army and maps and weapons and gameplay? Yeah, I remember those days...
As good as BF2 was, I think they peaked with BC2... And it went to shit after that, Medal of Honor 2 was the beginning of the end.

Why is it Battlefield 5? Battlefield 1 was their last game.
Son they've already done BF2.

wanted it to be vietnam, oh well. lets hope the teams actually have different weapons and vehicles. in bf1 everyone has the same everything. I wish battlefield would return to bf1942/bf2/bf3 style with tanks that spawn in bases, planes that spawn on runways where you actually have to take off and fly through the runway when you need more ammo. theres really no game like those anymore.

I hope theres wake island, that would make me feel a little better.

wanted it to be vietnam, oh well.

I have a feeling the perceived player base will be too small. It doesn't appeal to many outside of the US (maybe a little bit with Australians) and I doubt many Vietnamese have had access to quality internet, at least historically. I don't see why it couldn't be rolled into an overall Cold War era game though. The main game can take place in Europe with the US & NATO Vs USSR, and a DLC can add Vietnam. But it seems like everything is pointing to WWII. Maybe in 2-3 years we'll get lucky...

Edit: I hope they also re-do the unlock system. BF1's is a pain in the ass because it requires you to play a specific class and use a specific weapon with specific accessories. The worst part is it constantly gets reset if you don't play frequently. That and the stuttering bugs were never fixed. I hope BFV, whatever theme it is, is based off of the BF4 engine version and not the BF1 version which is trash.

Last edited:
I think the player count and how quickly BF1 premium went down to dirt cheap levels tells how how the silent majority really felt about BF1.

Precisely, the game is barely 16 months old and struggles to hit 25,000 consecutive players on PC. By comparison, PUBG utterly destroys BF1 in terms of the player base.

Free mod :yawn:wont sale 6-10 million copies

Look at GTA V and Skyrim, each have sold 10 million copies alone on PC in large part because of free mods.

The WW2 era always make for good fun, BUT just gimme Bad Company 3 already!!
Absolutely LOVED the single player campaigns of BC1 and BC2. Tired of all these games focusing everything on multiplayer. I know that's where the money is, but I just wish they would stop sacrificing campaigns. I haven't even bought an FPS since Destiny 1.

They’ve run out of ideas and have gone full console rehash mode ala CoD. I guess I’ll pick it up once it’s more than 50% off on origin.

BF1 already felt pretty similar to WW2 infantry wise so I was ready for something more modern. I think I will skip this one.

I would of called it Battlefield II using roman numerals I'll get this game I bet it's going to be good was hoping for another Modern Battlefield game I'm sure another one is the pipeline. I still have Battlefront 2 to keep me in happy.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter the setting---it'll just be ridiculous explosive spam, suppression and the wonderful combination of piss poor spawn points/map design.

After how much progress they made with BF4 post release and then the huge step backwards that BF1 was and remains I think this one is dead on arrival for me.

Doesn't matter the setting---it'll just be ridiculous explosive spam, suppression and the wonderful combination of piss poor spawn points/map design.

After how much progress they made with BF4 post release and then the huge step backwards that BF1 was and remains I think this one is dead on arrival for me.

BF2 up to 3 are my favourite, bf4 was good too but a small step back from bf3. I’m hating the direction these games are going in. Bf1 was terrible, I felt like I was playing COD! :p

BF2 up to 3 are my favourite, bf4 was good too but a small step back from bf3. I’m hating the direction these games are going in. Bf1 was terrible, I felt like I was playing COD! :p

I hated the weapon design thoroughly in BF1. The whole balancing is completely off. The MGs (with minor exceptions) are all designed to be useful as run and gun weapons. We're talking massive water cooled, non-portal MGs being used like they were a tiny carbine. To make them not OP their damage and accuracy is reduced to comical levels. You can put 5 shots into a guy and they'll shrug it off. Anything over 50 meters is pointless, you're not going to hit it. If you see one of those MGs you'll take the chance and just run right in front of it. That is entirely the opposite of how MGs were in WWI. They're horrible suppressive weapons and you can't use them to lock down an area. Kind of makes the class very redundant. Almost pointless to use those when the SMGs do the same thing, and often better. There were a few exceptions, as in only one that I have (I don't have all the weapons) and that is the Chauchat. It is the only MG that kind of works well as a support weapon. I do like two of the new maps but again the vehicles are lame and it is still or more less running around. Feels like TDM (which I like in BF4) in Conquest.

Even if it is WWII I hope they make the weapons like BF4. Very tight dispersion where applicable. MGs should be MGs. Though seeing BF1, I suppose everyone will be running around with an automatic weapon and bolt actions will be scarce. At least vehicle gameplay might not be as horrible as BF1.

Completely agree. BF3 was great, BF4 turned great after they fixed it, then BF1 was so dumbed down and simplistic, didn't really enjoy it as much.

Doesn't sound very promising. Here is hoping the cosmetic loot boxes are like BF4 and not R6S/CS GO. At least a few people in the comments seem interested in a 70-80s Cold War theme like myself, lol.

Franchise peaked at BC2. This is coming from some who put a hundred hours into the 1942 demo.

Reactions: spine
like this
Completely agree. BF3 was great, BF4 turned great after they fixed it, then BF1 was so dumbed down and simplistic, didn't really enjoy it as much.

Bf1 is a whole lot of fun atm. Intense fights.

I have a feeling the perceived player base will be too small. It doesn't appeal to many outside of the US (maybe a little bit with Australians) and I doubt many Vietnamese have had access to quality internet, at least historically. I don't see why it couldn't be rolled into an overall Cold War era game though. The main game can take place in Europe with the US & NATO Vs USSR, and a DLC can add Vietnam. But it seems like everything is pointing to WWII. Maybe in 2-3 years we'll get lucky...
There is so much untapped potential from Cold War era, and that's before you even include Vietnam. You could have a a set of maps from several Cold War events.

Korean War had some epic battles like Inchon, Heartbreak Ridge, Pork Chop Hill, and Chosin Reservoir. Inchon and Chosin Reservoir could be decent Conquest Assault maps if done right.

There could also be some Arab-Israeli battles too. You could do some amazing tank biased maps like Valley of Tears and Sinai. The Soviet-Afghan war also had a few larger engagements like the battle of Zwahar and Operation Magistral.

There is so much untapped potential from Cold War era, and that's before you even include Vietnam. You could have a a set of maps from several Cold War events.

Korean War had some epic battles like Inchon, Heartbreak Ridge, Pork Chop Hill, and Chosin Reservoir. Inchon and Chosin Reservoir could be decent Conquest Assault maps if done right.

There could also be some Arab-Israeli battles too. You could do some amazing tank biased maps like Valley of Tears and Sinai. The Soviet-Afghan war also had a few larger engagements like the battle of Zwahar and Operation Magistral.

I'd just be happy with a fictional Soviets cross the Rhine in the 80s conflict. Yeah nukes would have been launched, but the same can be said for BF3/4's story. Campaign would be interesting to play from Soviet, American, East German, British ect. perspectives. If they did go with such a theme I would have hoped there would have been a "European NATO" faction with some European vehicles, like the Leopard 2.

I'd still prefer modern but that time period is a good in-between of WWII and modern.

I was hoping for Vietnam or Bad Company 3 or both (per the rumor) but i'll still play this one. WW2 will be alright.

Although battlefield 1 had it's ok moments but it was just not the fun game I felt like I wanted to play every time I sat down at my PC like BF3 or BF4. Almost every fucking game devolved into a frustrating shit show of one team destroying the other with rarely any close games because there was no auto balancing, always people intentionally team-stacking AND the amount wide-open maps that encouraged half your team to sit around and go sniper instead of playing the objective was just fucking retarded. Also the stupid ridiculous achievements/perks that take half an eternity to complete. FUCK YOU DICE.

Play on the section 8 server on a weekend morning or early afternoon. Epic squad fights. Oh and most late afternoon and early evenings are good too. Bunch of old guys. Aod has some good ppl too.

Back