• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

Basically it's a hardware aimbot and recoil reducer.
No, it's a controller adapter first and foremost so you can use a mouse and keyboard on consoles, or use controller s from other consoles on your console. If they would stop giving controller users godly autoaim, then PC players wouldn't want to use it.
 
I have Dolby digital live and DTS on my sound card but the game still has it greyed out saying unsupported format. Anyone getting DTS in BF6? Or just default stereo for 5.1 and headphones still?
You need to enable it in your OS audio options. Click on the speaker/network icon in the system tray, then click the "slider" icon to the right of the volume control. There should be a group called Spatial sound under the list of Output devices. You may need to download the Dolby Access app from the Microsoft store to get Dolby as an option. DTS may be limited to HDMI or TOSLink output and be enabled in your OS sound output options or sound card software.

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9n0866fs04w8?hl=en-US&gl=US
 
You can make your own server and there is a browser for existing custom servers.

I want rentable servers where we can police them ourselves and not rely on EA.

Can you increase vehicle spawn counts and reduce the spawn timer?

In many BF3/4 servers there were often 6 tanks sitting at the main base. Of course not everyone used them, but the potential was there for 6v6 tank fights, and that is not including IFVs, helicopters, etc.
 
You need to enable it in your OS audio options. Click on the speaker/network icon in the system tray, then click the "slider" icon to the right of the volume control. There should be a group called Spatial sound under the list of Output devices. You may need to download the Dolby Access app from the Microsoft store to get Dolby as an option. DTS may be limited to HDMI or TOSLink output and be enabled in your OS sound output options or sound card software.

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9n0866fs04w8?hl=en-US&gl=US
I will try the spacial audio option again last time no go. DTS is enabled on my sound cards software and my Z5500 receiver is confirming the DTS sound mode is active connection is TOSlink but BF6 has it greyed out.
I will try the Dolby access app and report back, thanks.
 
might need the dtsx too, i did. and yeah atmos/dtsx needs to be gpu's hdmi/dp to a receiver/speaker setup with support.
dtsx app: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9pj0nkl8mcsj
I will look into DTSX app or program. Where did you download the latest version from?
I am connected digital TOSlink and the sound blaster command and Z5500 have DTS active to the receiver just Battlefield 6 is still greyed out.
 
I will look into DTSX app or program. Where did you download the latest version from?
I am connected digital TOSlink and the sound blaster command and Z5500 have DTS active to the receiver just Battlefield 6 is still greyed out.
from the microsoft store.
but im pretty sure those wont do it. so id check your sound settings are on DTS first. because they should at least do that.
 
sniper is OP

1761016987950.jpeg
 
Anyone trying to do the support 1 challenge, go to a community bot filled server and pick up a dead bots kit that has a supply pouch and hope for the best.
 
I’m using Sennheiser HD800s with Ayre QX-5 dac myself fed from the PC vis asynchronous USB. It is a system built for music that happens to be connected to my main gaming rig.

This game indeed has damn good sound.

Also got the 802D2 speakers if no one is home, but there a risk the neighbors will think a war has broken out in the subdivision.

I use the 3D Headphones setting.
I am using these bad boys. Fiio FT1 Pro and Fiio K13 R2R. Gaming has never felt this alive for me. It is such a huge step up that I can’t believe I was on onboard audio and average headsets all my life. I will check my settings but I don't have 3D headphones setting on. There is also another sound setting (wartunes or something within the game that makes footsteps almost feel like wall hacks. I just learnt this and still need to try it out for myself).
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9925.jpeg
    IMG_9925.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9929.jpeg
    IMG_9929.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9931.jpeg
    IMG_9931.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I think I am on stereo with HDR mode as well. I tuned my headphones using peace EQ so I don't actually need 3D audio because somehow the positional cues are working perfectly for me and footsteps are there with a lot of bass slam and air that I require. I will try all the mixes and let you know what I land on for my setup. I also never looked at sound seriously so this is my first time doing this stuff. Will post more here post testing out all things.
 
I probably should go back to stereo too. The cues are there. So like I said, if stereo is giving you sufficient ambient cues and you can identify the positions of vehicles and other players (front left, behind and to the right, ect), you’ll probably want to stick with it, because it is the fullest sounding, most impactful mode with the least processing. Everything else is going to thin out the sound. I would definitely at least give the binural mix of 3D headphones a test, and wartapes just for fun. Binural is stereo, but for headphones.

The other thing i have not looked at is sample rate in windows. In the past, the best results have come from 16bit 4800KHz because this was native to the games. Your dac probably does up to 24 bits 192KHz, but you don’t necessarily want to use that setting in windows unless the game is using it (you don’t want windows to upsample your audio if it can be avoided). I doubt the game uses HD audio, but i will check.
Would be good to know. I did set it to max - I think it is 384K 32 bit but it was causing some distortion in windows so I reverted back to I think 24 bit 48K or something. I will need to double check what sample rate I should really use as I haven't played much with the DAC at all. I couldn't even get the onboard EQ working correctly. lol. I am just happy it provides a clean af signal and everything sounds sublime. My bar is super low rn.
 
The 3D headphones setting gives you a binural mix for headphones that should give you 360 ambient cues. It should sound like you are in the game, but the trade off is a slightly airier, thinner sound that emphasizes imaging and placement of sounds over full range fidelity to the source. You should be able to perceive a 360 field of sound using headphones in this mode. This may be the best mode for competitive play with headphones.

Then in this game you also have the option, I believe, for high dynamic range with any mode, which should probably be on for people with bigger speakers and headphones like yours. It is not clear to me yet whether it makes footsteps more or less obvious. The dynamic range is the difference between the quietest sounds and the loudest. I believe this is the first time I’ve seen that option. Higher dynamic range is generally good for immersion, but unclear about competitive play. I play with this on in all modes. I think the regular mix is better if you were using speakers at night and didn’t want to disturb others, because it squishes down the loudest sounds and brings the softest up a bit. For maximum effect, dynamic range on high all day every day.

Wartapes I believe is another mix option and with this historically you will hear things you otherwise would not at the cost of fullness, punch and slam. I think you hear more sounds being produced by other players and the environment. More ambient sounds. You may or may not get a better fix on enemy players in this mode. Probably not. There may be more actual distinct sound sources activr in this mode, but the emphasis is on immersion. I’m not sure about this, but binural 3d headphone is the sound from player’s earslobes perspective. Wartapes, perhaps not. Think war movie soundtrack.

The overall best, most “audiophile” mix for two channel headphones and speakers, true to the source, is the regular stereo/high dynamic range combo, which I think is the most full sounding, and has the most punch and bass slam. This is my go to mode for the big bowers speakers and sometimes headphones too when I want to hear what it really sound like without processing. There are ambient cues in this mode. This is the setting that gives you the most punch, slam and bass. If you can get the footstep information you need from this mode, this is the mode that least compromises raw sound fidelity of the original sounds.
I concur. I would argue positional awareness is better with virtual surround off. If you have a Creative sound card or DAC, enable Direct Stereo in the software to get this.
Would be good to know. I did set it to max - I think it is 384K 32 bit but it was causing some distortion in windows so I reverted back to I think 24 bit 48K or something. I will need to double check what sample rate I should really use as I haven't played much with the DAC at all. I couldn't even get the onboard EQ working correctly. lol. I am just happy it provides a clean af signal and everything sounds sublime. My bar is super low rn.
32-bit audio can cause issues with some games, so I keep it on 24b/48k. Higher sampling rates over 48kHz can also cause issues.
 
Biggest improvement for me was switching from a "gaming headset" to high quality headphones and a dedicated headphone amp. I went through so many of those gaming headset's and they all sound like trash compared to real cans and an amp.
 
Biggest improvement for me was switching from a "gaming headset" to high quality headphones and a dedicated headphone amp. I went through so many of those gaming headset's and they all sound like trash compared to real cans and an amp.
For sure, I should've done this much sooner. But maybe because I had some decent "gaming ones" I survived. Like HD598SE and I would argue even the Corsair HS50 Pro was really good (to my ears). Even the Logitech G332 was pretty good to me.

But this Fiio stuff is truly next level for me. Maybe I will upgrade again soon but for now I am plenty satisfied.
 
I think this Fiio setup is really awesome and now I understand why I was not having problems with footsteps to begin with. I am playing the game on headphones setting with night mode on and audio in background is also on. It helps with both footsteps and immersion especially after I tuned my FT1 Pro to provide that clarity that I wanted in BF6. I looked hard at the HD6XX and didn't get it as people complained about it's intimate, neutral, non bass presentation. I tried even the HD800S and it was not for me. So I am happy with the sound signature that is warm, bassy (boom boom with sub bass), and has clarity of vocals with an expansive soundstage. The FT1 Pro is really amazing in that. Right now the decision is whether to double up the money and get Edition XV but the egg shaped headsets didn't have comfort I want.
 
Been using the m4a1 and noticed the last few suppressors, a couple of them are identical, no change to stats.
 
Been using the m4a1 and noticed the last few suppressors, a couple of them are identical, no change to stats.

I'm not sure how accurate that actually is

There was a few arguments in beta where the stats didn't tell the whole story, you actually needed to read the description to figure out wtf the difference was
 
So apparently I was wrong about the sound settings. 3D headphones is not a native binural mix, it requires an additional app like Dolby Atmos for Headphones or Windows Sonic to interface with. If you don’t have one, it just defaults to regular headphones setting although it looks like you have 3d headphones selected.

Apparently Dolby atmos for headphones is something you have to pay for but Windows Sonic is built into Windows 11 but must be turned on.

I was under the impression that in 2042 and Battlefield there was a native binaural mix in the game, but apparently that is no longer the case in BF6. Franky most of my comments about headphones setting were based on my experience with 2042 and an assumption that they took the same approach.

I got it working and game now recognizes I have 3d audio. Cop, you will want to try this if you haven’t already. Just turning on 3D headphones in game doesn’t do anything without Windows Sonic.
Thanks. I have windows sonic off as I don’t like the artificial sound it creates. But sure enough I can try it now that I think I have the FT1 Pro tuned to my liking (there was some clipping as I added bass to it so I had to add a pre amp to calm it the fuck down, this might be a reason to buy an edition XV as the headset has some limitations when using EQ).

I haven’t paid for Dolby atmos or DTS on windows as I don’t know how many games support it. I had Dolby atmos with the Audeze Maxwell planars I returned and frankly it made all my games worse the minute I turned on that setting so feel a bit bad for paying for something that will not work correctly in games. Will need to research more.

If you haven’t tried normal headphones and night mode it might also be worth checking out. Without any 3D audio the footsteps are very precise with no loss in immersiveness imo.
 
"atmos for headphones" is supposed to be better, and iirc you can try it for 2 weeks.
and "dts sound unbound" is free if you want to try that. nm, headphone part also needs a license.
 
Today, they quietly nerfed the shit out of portal and custom servers. No accolades, no weapon progression, nada.... Just XP to next level. I get what they're doing - targeting the XP farm servers, which is fine. But the legitimate ones have been nerfed too.

Really annoying as all I play is hardcore and they've been only highlighting one hardcore mode at a time. And even on their own highlighted hardcore mode(HC Rush this time around), they nerfed all progression with exceptions to xp leveling. Really effing pissed.

Get your shit together EA

Here's only one article I found on this so far

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/dice-nukes-battlefield-6-portal-xp

Update:
Discussion on Reddit thusfar as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield6/comments/1ocgsj2/portal_experiences_nerfed_to_the_ground/
 
Last edited:
I figured they would do that. Makes Portal largely DoA, as I suspected. Maybe in a year or so when the game is older people will go back to it. For XP farming, well, that is a game design flaw. If people are doing stuff to "grind" unlocks maybe make the unlocks less of a pain. Some of the gun unlocks that would really help are a level 37 or something. It would be nice if those were at lower levels and instead the dozens of scope options were put at the higher levels. Generally it isn't too bad, you can get an okay build at level 15 or so but the higher level unlocks certainly seem to make a big difference.
 
I figured they would do that. Makes Portal largely DoA, as I suspected. Maybe in a year or so when the game is older people will go back to it. For XP farming, well, that is a game design flaw. If people are doing stuff to "grind" unlocks maybe make the unlocks less of a pain. Some of the gun unlocks that would really help are a level 37 or something. It would be nice if those were at lower levels and instead the dozens of scope options were put at the higher levels. Generally it isn't too bad, you can get an okay build at level 15 or so but the higher level unlocks certainly seem to make a big difference.
This for sure - I don't know anyone who favors the way these "challenges" are laid out. Go back to the BF4 roots in total if they really want to make us happy. X amount of kills gets Y unlocks.... simple!
 
So I think I tried almost all the modes and 3d sound is decent but not comparable to using normal mode and night mode combined. For me that is truly the right level of sound I need to play well. I tried high range and val something mode but it wasn't for me.
I am going to stick with normal headphones and night mode. It's best for my play style.
 
Something that seriously bothers me about games like battlefield is the more you play, the more experienced you become, the better you get as a result. Well in battlefield games you also get access to better equipment which puts you at a big advantage against newer players since they will be less skilled and also have less access to equipment. I don't need this carrot on a stick to keep playing. It should have no place in a PVP game in my opinion.
 
I think you got BF wrong. The starting kit is still something I am using. There are no play to win unlocks. Yes, the guns level up and you improve their proficiency but the core upgrades come very fast (think less than 2 hours). Post that it is mostly choice.

As for skill, that applies to anything in life. Gotta learn to git gud. I still suck at snipers but am pretty decent with other kits. So there is also choice. And there is an anti-XYZ for any aggressive play.

Anyways, you can maintain your opinion which is fine but it doesn't seem to be grounded in a lot of facts based on my limited experience with the game which is only first 20 hours and about level 31/32 now.
 
Something that seriously bothers me about games like battlefield is the more you play, the more experienced you become, the better you get as a result. Well in battlefield games you also get access to better equipment which puts you at a big advantage against newer players since they will be less skilled and also have less access to equipment. I don't need this carrot on a stick to keep playing. It should have no place in a PVP game in my opinion.
once you get a gun to level 5 you have access to one of the best foregrips(if that stats are correct). I feel like at that point the gun is 90% the same as one thats fully leveled. the higher level attachments dont even make sense to try and level for cause they require too many weapon points to attach. like I have the 36 round clip for the m4a1, the 40 round takes another 10 levels to get but requires 15 more weapon points to attach. no point for 4 more bullets.
 
I think you got BF wrong. The starting kit is still something I am using. There are no play to win unlocks. Yes, the guns level up and you improve their proficiency but the core upgrades come very fast (think less than 2 hours). Post that it is mostly choice.

As for skill, that applies to anything in life. Gotta learn to git gud. I still suck at snipers but am pretty decent with other kits. So there is also choice. And there is an anti-XYZ for any aggressive play.

Anyways, you can maintain your opinion which is fine but it doesn't seem to be grounded in a lot of facts based on my limited experience with the game which is only first 20 hours and about level 31/32 now.
A lot of the really good upgrades are at around level 15-30, while some of the good upgrades will be available around 10 or so. Most base guns are around 70% effective, which is not that much, when they have no upgrades.

once you get a gun to level 5 you have access to one of the best foregrips(if that stats are correct). I feel like at that point the gun is 90% the same as one thats fully leveled. the higher level attachments dont even make sense to try and level for cause they require too many weapon points to attach. like I have the 36 round clip for the m4a1, the 40 round takes another 10 levels to get but requires 15 more weapon points to attach. no point for 4 more bullets.
Most of the decent upgrades don't start until around level 10 or higher on most guns. At level 20 you are probably at 90% of the gun's capabilities, but some of the really good upgrades, that can take guns from good to great, are beyond level 20.
 
I don't think the best and most experienced players should have access to better equipment. It's a major competitive balance issue for the newer worse players and players with less time to have to compete with people that are better and have better equipment. It's just bad design.
 
I don't think the best and most experienced players should have access to better equipment. It's a major competitive balance issue for the newer worse players and players with less time to have to compete with people that are better and have better equipment. It's just bad design.
I'm still using the starter LMG even after unlocking the next 3, some of the gadgets are better but guns are debatable.
 
I have windows spatial audio on.

I have sound blaster command dolby audio or DTS enabled

and still not getting it in game still greyed out.

there is a dolby access and dts sound unbound app in windows store that cost money is that how to enable it in bf6 or is that a waste of money?
 
I have windows spatial audio on.

I have sound blaster command dolby audio or DTS enabled

and still not getting it in game still greyed out.

there is a dolby access and dts sound unbound app in windows store that cost money is that how to enable it in bf6 or is that a waste of money?
dolby access gives a two week trial...

edit: so does dtsx
1761282829404.png
 
Last edited:
I don't think the best and most experienced players should have access to better equipment. It's a major competitive balance issue for the newer worse players and players with less time to have to compete with people that are better and have better equipment. It's just bad design.
How is it bad design if people who play more and get better unlock better equipment? That's the point of progression.

Sounds like you are arguing for P2W monetization.

What's the alternative then? Eliminate progression and just have everything available to everyone? That would suck.

Also the equipment you use is only a fraction of your effectiveness. The worst player using the best gun will not get to the level of the best player using the worst gun.

I don't think developers should ever cater to the new or casual player, especially with a repeating franchise like Battlefield.
 
What's the alternative then? Eliminate progression and just have everything available to everyone? That would suck.
It would shift focus back on playing the game and enjoying the mechanics, playing the objectives, creating BF moments. Rather than completing goals which often, aren't aligned with normal play. Also, it seems to just put people in a different headspace. One which isn't focused on the core gameplay.

Best BF I ever played, was the Bad Company 2 PS3 Beta.

Arica Harbor.
Each class only had like 2 weapon options for each type (pistol/shotgun/LMG/Assualt Rifle/etc).
No attachments.


It really forced people to play their role. As there was no access to any weapons or attachments, which might allow a class to overlap with another.

And there weren't 78 different guns or whatever, watering down the balance or keeping you from just playiing the game with the right weapon for the role or scenario.

In the beta, you simply grabbed a shotgun when appropriate. Rather than worrying if you had the right shotgun.

You chose your class for its specific special abilities. And that meant you were pretty limited in other areas. etc.

That beta ran for two months, over the Christmas Holiday and into the new year. It was great.
 
A lot of the really good upgrades are at around level 15-30, while some of the good upgrades will be available around 10 or so. Most base guns are around 70% effective, which is not that much, when they have no upgrades.


Most of the decent upgrades don't start until around level 10 or higher on most guns. At level 20 you are probably at 90% of the gun's capabilities, but some of the really good upgrades, that can take guns from good to great, are beyond level 20.
Yes that is how progression should work but saying you can’t play the game because it has some progression seems like a cop out. Even at 70% (not sure where that number came from) the default smg or assault you can wreck people. As I said I am still using default guns. Just added a laser and some grips. I didn’t even change ammo or mag sizes until much later.

To each their own.
 
Back
Top