• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

Yeah DAC/Pre-amp and headphones amp all in one.


I'm back on the Luxsin X9 full time as that's my main DAC/amp but stereo image and soundstage between both are neck and neck really, it's close enough to not be a concern for gaming at all. Headphones are the HE1000se, I have lavalier mic for comms if I use voice otherwise.
Oh I tried the HE1000SE. My ears were about to bleed as I couldn’t take the treble/sibilance of Hifiman headphones and I tried quite a few from Sundara to Arya Organic etc. Too bright for me and also less bass. Plus they keep sliding on my head 🤣.

Thanks for sharing. I followed your impressions and ordered a K13 over a K11 and also used other reviewers to land at FT1 since I prefer closed back to help me focus in game.
 
What amp did you try the HE1000se on out of interest? They are the least sibilant of Hifiman's egg shaped cans before the new models recently came out lol, paired with a smooth/warm amp they are so precise. Can't go wrong with the K13 though :cool:
 
frame gen is the future frame rendering toggle in graphics settings right? is there some adjustment i'm missing? I seem to get better frames with fsr than dlss on my 4080, but my game feels choppy.
 
frame gen is the future frame rendering toggle in graphics settings right? is there some adjustment i'm missing? I seem to get better frames with fsr than dlss on my 4080.
Dlss should have several variants - quality, performance etc. Try em all out
 
What amp did you try the HE1000se on out of interest? They are the least sibilant of Hifiman's egg shaped cans before the new models recently came out lol, paired with a smooth/warm amp they are so precise. Can't go wrong with the K13 though :cool:
I only tried at the shop. So they had a Shanling digital player which also was a dac. At least that’s what it said. But generally Hifiman and BD DT series is not for me as I am extremely treble sensitive.

Do you think FT1 Pro is a good addition for fps games like BF6. I am not an audiophile and just started looking at these things and K13 would be my first setup with the FT1 on order.

I tried the FT1 Pro and compared it across headphones and really liked it even when compared to some 1000$ options I saw. So am willing to put down the money but don’t know if FT1 with K13 is enough or do I need an open back planar for BF6. Advice would be helpful.
 
frame gen is the future frame rendering toggle in graphics settings right? is there some adjustment i'm missing? I seem to get better frames with fsr than dlss on my 4080, but my game feels choppy.
FG I think is a separate option than future frame rendering. It is called Frame Generation. I can post a SS when next I am on the comp.
 
frame gen is the future frame rendering toggle in graphics settings right? is there some adjustment i'm missing? I seem to get better frames with fsr than dlss on my 4080, but my game feels choppy.
Frame gen is its own setting, the future frame option is something else like nvidia smooth motion and amd fluid motion frames, it's not as good quality as hardware based frame gen iirc but adds an option for those who do want to use it I guess.

I only tried at the shop. So they had a Shanling digital player which also was a dac. At least that’s what it said. But generally Hifiman and BD DT series is not for me as I am extremely treble sensitive.

Do you think FT1 Pro is a good addition for fps games like BF6. I am not an audiophile and just started looking at these things and K13 would be my first setup with the FT1 on order.

I tried the FT1 Pro and compared it across headphones and really liked it even when compared to some 1000$ options I saw. So am willing to put down the money but don’t know if FT1 with K13 is enough or do I need an open back planar for BF6. Advice would be helpful.
Ah ok that will be why then, the HE1000se needs a decent amp to make the most of what it can do. Not heard the FT1 but reviews are in favour and it's got the specs etc to be excellent so no doubt will be well suited for that.
 
Frame gen is its own setting, the future frame option is something else like nvidia smooth motion and amd fluid motion frames, it's not as good quality as hardware based frame gen iirc but adds an option for those who do want to use it I guess.


Ah ok that will be why then, the HE1000se needs a decent amp to make the most of what it can do. Not heard the FT1 but reviews are in favour and it's got the specs etc to be excellent so no doubt will be well suited for that.
The HE1000SE is showing for $1700 on Amazon? Geez you guys take your audio seriously 😮
 
The HE1000SE is showing for $1700 on Amazon? Geez you guys take your audio seriously 😮
Yes been in this world for a month and I feel extremely poor. I can’t afford this much for a headphones that also may not last long due to my usage (I have been on onboard and 50-100$ headsets since forever). First time spending some money on this side of things and hoping it works out.
 
Battlefield 6: This is what a well-optimized game looks like in 2025

In an age where upscaling solutions like DLSS seem more like requirements rather than frame rate-boosting innovations, Battlefield 6 feels like a breath of fresh air...far from being necessary, I think the upscaling extras can be treated as just that, rather than plaster to cover up the cracks of poor optimization

here's hoping that more big-league developers take note...it turns out it's possible to make a cutting-edge, stunning-looking shooter that runs well in 2025...

https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/ba...hat-a-well-optimised-game-looks-like-in-2025/
Wonder how much of the same is actually possible given the lack of resources/cost cutting most game studios have undergone in the last couple years. EA their in-house engine to develop the game, and knew that ray tracing would absolutely decimate the performance. With Nvidia pushing ray tracing all over the place, and the independent studios basically resigning themselves to use UE5, BF6 performance and visual quality are probably the rarity vs the norm nowadays.

Still no excuse for crappy stutters and shader compilation in BL4, but glad that BF6 is looking like a great all around game for people who enjoy this genre
 
Graphically it does look a bit more clean than the beta. Seems like there is an extra graphics pre-set. Still not really amazed, but it doesn't look as bad as before. Still think a big issue is the coloration of everything. Seems to be a bit too grey-blue. Reminds me of the BF3 alpha vs release, though not that bad.

For reference, BF3 alpha vs beta/release.

flags
 
Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Runs pretty good. Gotta find something to adjust because zen 2. I agree with the getting mowed down a lot lol. Looks and feels good. Feels like a battlefield game for sure. Half Thinking about a refund. It say's i've got 64 min. Might try a few more rounds, see if i can get a lil better at least.
 
Did you select up sampling? You need to select DLSS and then FG should show up.
only amd fsr frame gen shows up, which is weird because I have a 4080 and dlss is selected lol. game absolutely pounds my cpu. it just can't keep up, I'm getting some stutters. I opened firefox while the game was open and I do have a ton of tabs opened but my pc was lagging while typing text.
 
Does everyone know about the thread where a legit key is going for $30?
Undertaker2k8 made a thread, and everyone is successfully grabbing keys for $30, I did myself also downloading right now.
 
only amd fsr frame gen shows up, which is weird because I have a 4080 and dlss is selected lol. game absolutely pounds my cpu. it just can't keep up, I'm getting some stutters. I opened firefox while the game was open and I do have a ton of tabs opened but my pc was lagging while typing text.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-10-11 105729.png
    Screenshot 2025-10-11 105729.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Finally got to play tonight after work.
With the specs in my sig(7900xt, 32 gig ram, 5900x @ 5120 x 1440), I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with the performance compared to the beta.

Something feels off — like a jitter or micro-stutter that makes the game feel choppy, even though the counter shows 100–180 FPS. It’s almost like watching a 24 fps movie instead of smooth gameplay.

I tried everything — FSR from Quality to Ultra Performance, Frame Gen on and off, different settings — nothing really fixed it. With Frame Gen on, it feels like an animation flipbook missing a few pages. Movement just isn’t consistent or natural.

After several rounds, I turned Frame Gen off and ran FSR at Ultra Performance. The game sits around 90–110 FPS but feels way smoother and more natural than the 180–190 FPS I was getting with Frame Gen enabled.
That’s just my experience so far, but Frame Gen in this game doesn’t feel quite right.

Any suggestions?

Other than that, I'm enjoying the chaos.

The profile stats page is severely lacking IMHO too.
 
Last edited:
Finally got to play tonight after work.
With the specs in my sig(7900xt, 32 gig ram, 5900x @ 5120 x 1440), I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with the performance compared to the beta.

Something feels off — like a jitter or micro-stutter that makes the game feel choppy, even though the counter shows 100–180 FPS. It’s almost like watching a 24 fps movie instead of smooth gameplay.

I tried everything — FSR from Quality to Ultra Performance, Frame Gen on and off, different settings — nothing really fixed it. With Frame Gen on, it feels like an animation flipbook missing a few pages. Movement just isn’t consistent or natural.

After several rounds, I turned Frame Gen off and ran FSR at Ultra Performance. The game sits around 90–110 FPS but feels way smoother and more natural than the 180–190 FPS I was getting with Frame Gen enabled.
That’s just my experience so far, but Frame Gen in this game doesn’t feel quite right.

Any suggestions?

Other than that, I'm enjoying the chaos.

The profile stats page is severely lacking IMHO too.
Do you mean this? https://hardforum.com/threads/battlefield-6.2041536/post-1046205159

I have read from someone who has the bug that he played on a friend's computer that did not have it, so it may not be universal (even though I suspect it is).


And @Gabe3
Future Frame Rendering has nothing to do with frame gen, it's a setting BF engines always had, for more than a decade, to make the game smoother at the expense of latency. Basically pre-rendered frames like we used to have with DX11/10.

I don't know if it helps in BF6, it doesn't seem to work for me, but in BFV it gave a massive performance boost and did not actually increase latency, since fps was so much higher than without.
 
Last edited:
Battlefield 6: This is what a well-optimized game looks like in 2025

In an age where upscaling solutions like DLSS seem more like requirements rather than frame rate-boosting innovations, Battlefield 6 feels like a breath of fresh air...far from being necessary, I think the upscaling extras can be treated as just that, rather than plaster to cover up the cracks of poor optimization

here's hoping that more big-league developers take note...it turns out it's possible to make a cutting-edge, stunning-looking shooter that runs well in 2025...

https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/ba...hat-a-well-optimised-game-looks-like-in-2025/
It's all nonsense what they write about how the game is optimized and how the graphics are great. The graphics are garbage, I've been playing those BF games for a while.

He's talking about the 7700x cpu (300+ eur) and the rtx 4070 (600 eur) and 5070ti (900 eur) gpu. Total nonsense.This is written by idiots who have never seen low or mid-range hardware.

Installed the game, dialed in my settings to mostly ultra, launch the game, and sniped dead in the first 5 seconds of spawning in, ugh :(

I also bought the game for my son, I had to do the BIOS settings change to allow the game to work on his computer, I load up his game tweak the settings to work on his dated system with a RTX 3070 and Intel 9700k, my son was very excited to play.

I left the computer room to do some chores, and come back and he's not playing. I said hey buddy how come your not playing? He says Dad I got killed a million times left and right, just spawning in and walking around and I'm dead. And then again, and again, within seconds of spawning each time he's shot dead.

So we're watching a spooky movie instead for the Halloween 🎃 season.
noobs
 
Best BF launch yet, I'm impressed how stable everything is. So yeah, BF6 deserves the hype.

That being said, I hope they add naval combat. Maybe we'll see naval combat in a future expansion but it wouldn't surprise me if EA/DICE pulls a BF3 to BF4 kind of sequel with naval combat added.

If you're getting killed a lot then seek cover, just like in the previous BF games. Also, the weapons are modern so expect them to be super deadly. Check out gameplay tips on Youtube too.
 
Can't fault a Dad who more than likely spends more time with his son than playing games and chose to watch a movie with him which is a win for both. I used to hold my own in online games, but the older I got and the cheats that kept cropping up I pretty much threw in the towel. Don't take this as an attack on you, but just something nice to see.
 
My son was having a time of his life with this game. He was 70 kills and 10 deaths in Rush map. And I was shocked. Then I saw he kept killing bots on the other team rofl. But he still plays a lot better than I do, especially diving to prone and swapping out assault/smg with a handgun to finish off real idiots.

I felt proud. He is 11. I wish I could turn off “fuck I am dying” everytime there is dying animation. I couldn’t find a way to turn off profanity. Help would be appreciated.
 
My son was having a time of his life with this game. He was 70 kills and 10 deaths in Rush map. And I was shocked. Then I saw he kept killing bots on the other team rofl. But he still plays a lot better than I do, especially diving to prone and swapping out assault/smg with a handgun to finish off real idiots.

I felt proud. He is 11. I wish I could turn off “fuck I am dying” everytime there is dying animation. I couldn’t find a way to turn off profanity. Help would be appreciated.


"We train young men to drop fire on people but their commanders won't allow them to write FUCK on their airplanes because it's obscene."​

 
So far I only like the 3 large maps in BF6, I have those set in custom multiplayer rotation, the other smaller close quarters maps aren't Battlefield, they feel like another game. I used to play CounterStrike a million years ago, these smaller maps feel like a CS / BF mix, hard pass.

Battlefield is about HUGE outdoor maps with tons of tanks and helicopters. As much as BF2042 sucked, they did have some nice sized LARGE maps.
 
So far I only like the 3 large maps in BF6, I have those set in custom multiplayer rotation, the other smaller close quarters maps aren't Battlefield, they feel like another game. I used to play CounterStrike a million years ago, these smaller maps feel like a CS / BF mix, hard pass.

Battlefield is about HUGE outdoor maps with tons of tanks and helicopters. As much as BF2042 sucked, they did have some nice sized LARGE maps.
I haven't got the game yet but probably will around the holidays. I played the smaller maps in the beta and didn't find it all that enjoyable, lots of campers just waiting for you to run by and pick you off, the only way I found how to deal with it is to just camp myself.
 

"Dude, why do they move?"
"I wanted to die. That way I can change to a different loadout."
"I was reading that guy's message, it wasn't even my fault."

That's our Asmon...

People like watching him because of his reactions. He's a diarrhea mouth streamer, and you're either entertained by that or you're not.

He's not a god gamer, he knows that. It's all part of the act.

It's actually fun to see him do something amazing every once in a while, and he'll either sit their stunned or brush it off as skill. But we all know what just happened 😏
 

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K64WnTMmm-c

reported here: https://forums.ea.com/discussions/b...me-looks-similar-to-bad-frame-timing/12733446

Anyone else noticing this? Same crap as Helldivers 2 which is unplayable without mouse smoothing (unless you play with keyboard/controller only).

I had it in beta, and release version is the same, I just bought EA pass to try it out for a month.

It's not a performance issue, moving camera with controller or keyboard is perfectly smooth.

I haven't noticed this. But I use the shotgun, and you got a really be accurate with it. Lots of zooming in. That's ok.

Game runs great. 9800x3d, 7900xtx. Average 165 fps on high.
 
The sound in this game WOW

No joke, the sound effects must have been massively improved in this version of the game. It just sounds absolutely amazing on my 5.1 surround sound.

The base you could feel the explosions. The speakers behind me you hear the Jets, buzzing and whizzing behind you are going from front to back.

You'll hear explosions off in the background in the left rear speaker or the front right speaker.

It's been a long while since I've been this impressed with any game sound effects. This is on another level just sounds amazing.
 
The sound in this game WOW

No joke, the sound effects must have been massively improved in this version of the game. It just sounds absolutely amazing on my 5.1 surround sound.

The base you could feel the explosions. The speakers behind me you hear the Jets, buzzing and whizzing behind you are going from front to back.

You'll hear explosions off in the background in the left rear speaker or the front right speaker.

It's been a long while since I've been this impressed with any game sound effects. This is on another level just sounds amazing.
now try it with atmos/dtsx...
doom da gave me that feeling.
 
Are there old classic maps redone and working in BF6 / Portal yet?
Not at the moment, That was kinda my plan, was to remake wake island but once I opened Godot I was a bit overwhelmed. Maybe next weekend Ill sit down and learn how to use the program.
 
Back
Top