• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

Am I the only one doing the single player campaign? I won't blame you if you aren't, its kinda weak. lol. I'm still going to finish it though, maybe learn and tweak some things before I jump into multiplayer this weekend.

On that note, first Easter Egg found.

1760114913053.png
 
And they said servers would be ready for today. I thought they expected this to sell 100 million copies, and the servers can barely handle a million?
Meh it wasnt that big of a deal. they were dumping 10-18k players at a time into servers. took maybe 15 mins for me.
 
Meh it wasnt that big of a deal. they were dumping 10-18k players at a time into servers. took maybe 15 mins for me.
We shouldn't normalize not being able to play games at launch. You're paying for a functional product. It needs to function. Period.

I heard some people aren't even able to access the single player campaign. Come on now.
 
Oh man, BF is back. Soooo good! I am going to have fun during this weekend if I actually get to play it!
 
How is the VRAM usage? On 12 GB GPUs, can you run the following settings: 4K, DLSS quality, high preset, textures to max with the optional texture pack? If not, how about max textures without the downloadable pack?
 
How is the VRAM usage? On 12 GB GPUs, can you run the following settings: 4K, DLSS quality, high preset, textures to max with the optional texture pack? If not, how about max textures without the downloadable pack?
You can set it up however you want, the game works on xbox S.
 
"I don't think about you at all", continues to threadcrap on a game he's not buying. Eventually I'll be convinced this is a steaming pile, I am sure of it.
Yep, put him on ignore and move on.

I'm at the beach with family right now so I haven't had a chance to play yet. Don't get back till Monday night. So far everyone seems to enjoy it.
 
I would think the game will run great and still look awesome with DLSS and FrameGen X2
 
Reloaded to play the single player some more and there was no queue this time. So far it seems like a good launch day.
 
I would think the game will run great and still look awesome with DLSS and FrameGen X2

I was fucking around with settings at one point and played a couple matches with fps capped at 150 & 2x FG.

It was perpetually pinned at 300 fps and worked very well.
 
Did a few matches of TDM, like it but don't like the quick mantling. That I don't mind, but someone jumped over a fence and emptied his SMG into me. Seems to arcadey and quick. TDM Empire was changed to the "Conquest" version of the map and is too big for TDM. Need to try Conquest now.

No hardcore mode is lame though. Time to kill is okay but not as good as hardcore in BF3/4. Problem is it is a bit too long and with quick mantling for TDM/Domination makes it odd at times, but too quick for Conquest (going from beta).
 
Battlefield 6: This is what a well-optimized game looks like in 2025

In an age where upscaling solutions like DLSS seem more like requirements rather than frame rate-boosting innovations, Battlefield 6 feels like a breath of fresh air...far from being necessary, I think the upscaling extras can be treated as just that, rather than plaster to cover up the cracks of poor optimization

here's hoping that more big-league developers take note...it turns out it's possible to make a cutting-edge, stunning-looking shooter that runs well in 2025...

https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/ba...hat-a-well-optimised-game-looks-like-in-2025/
 
Last edited:
Battlefield 6: This is what a well-optimized game looks like in 2025

In an age where upscaling solutions like DLSS seem more like requirements rather than frame rate-boosting innovations, Battlefield 6 feels like a breath of fresh air...far from being necessary, I think the upscaling extras can be treated as just that, rather than plaster to cover up the cracks of poor optimization

here's hoping that more big-league developers take note. It turns out it's possible to make a cutting-edge, stunning-looking shooter that runs well in 2025...

https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/battlefield-6-this-is-what-a-well-optimised-game-looks-like-in-202
throw up:vomit:
 
I did get some stuttering. Unsure if it was related to the servers or performance. Most games ran fine. Seems like weapon progression takes longer now, which I assumed would be the case.
 

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K64WnTMmm-c

reported here: https://forums.ea.com/discussions/b...me-looks-similar-to-bad-frame-timing/12733446

Anyone else noticing this? Same crap as Helldivers 2 which is unplayable without mouse smoothing (unless you play with keyboard/controller only).

I had it in beta, and release version is the same, I just bought EA pass to try it out for a month.

It's not a performance issue, moving camera with controller or keyboard is perfectly smooth.

mouse polling rate?
 
Is it working on the EA launcher? Jackfrags just said it's borked on it?

Does it have team voice chat? or squad voice chat rather?

How is air combat? Helicopters? Jets?
 
Rig specs?

5.3 GHz 9800X3D plus 3.2 GHz 5090.

On another note.... NOOOOOOO... they put the goddamn respawn timer back in the game. It was SO nice not having that shit in the beta. Respawn timer is one of the worst things I hate about the BF series. Sit there at the damn map screen and can't do shit for 5+ seconds, watching vehicles get taken etc.
 
Is it working on the EA launcher? Jackfrags just said it's borked on it?

Does it have team voice chat? or squad voice chat rather?

How is air combat? Helicopters? Jets?
I refunded my EA purchase around noon today and just bought on Steam. It's still broke AFAIK but a fix is incoming. That's what i get for trying to save $10 with EA Play via PC Pass.
 
5.3 GHz 9800X3D plus 3.2 GHz 5090.

On another note.... NOOOOOOO... they put the goddamn respawn timer back in the game. It was SO nice not having that shit in the beta. Respawn timer is one of the worst things I hate about the BF series. Sit there at the damn map screen and can't do shit for 5+ seconds, watching vehicles get taken etc.
Instant respawns are a disease to BF.
 
Installed the game, dialed in my settings to mostly ultra, launch the game, and sniped dead in the first 5 seconds of spawning in, ugh :(

I also bought the game for my son, I had to do the BIOS settings change to allow the game to work on his computer, I load up his game tweak the settings to work on his dated system with a RTX 3070 and Intel 9700k, my son was very excited to play.

I left the computer room to do some chores, and come back and he's not playing. I said hey buddy how come your not playing? He says Dad I got killed a million times left and right, just spawning in and walking around and I'm dead. And then again, and again, within seconds of spawning each time he's shot dead.

So we're watching a spooky movie instead for the Halloween 🎃 season.
 
Looks great (playing 4K DLSS Overkill)
Runs great (capped to 120fps max so my 4090 runs quietly as that's what I like)
CPU utilisation is great (first game in ages where high CPU usage is a GOOD thing)
Mouse control is great (wondered if I'd ever see a game that leverages the performance and weight of the X2 CrazyLight)
Netcode is great

It's just great!

1760146103875.jpeg


1760146085764.jpeg
 
Looks great (playing 4K DLSS Overkill)
Runs great (capped to 120fps max so my 4090 runs quietly as that's what I like)
CPU utilisation is great (first game in ages where high CPU usage is a GOOD thing)
Mouse control is great (wondered if I'd ever see a game that leverages the performance and weight of the X2 CrazyLight)
Netcode is great

It's just great!

View attachment 759293

View attachment 759292
How is the sound with the K13 R2R? Which headset are you using for BF6?
 
Yeah DAC/Pre-amp and headphones amp all in one.

How is the sound with the K13 R2R? Which headset are you using for BF6?
I'm back on the Luxsin X9 full time as that's my main DAC/amp but stereo image and soundstage between both are neck and neck really, it's close enough to not be a concern for gaming at all. Headphones are the HE1000se, I have lavalier mic for comms if I use voice otherwise.
 
Back
Top