Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

The point he's trying to make is, these aren't noobs who are trying to learn the stuff. They are just assholes who take the armor, park it on some hill somewhere and camp in it, not providing any kind of support for their team or allowing anyone else to use it.

It's just like the assholes who take a plane/heli and use it as a taxi to get to a capture point faster, bailing out and causing it to be destroyed, therefore depriving the team of that asset.

There is a difference. And believe me, you can try to chat all you want to people in-game, rarely will jackasses like that reply to you at all. They know what they're doing, and they're just doing it to be dicks.

I've never come across people doing that. using helis as taxi, sure and that can be annoying (only when I'm in it and they don't tell me)

But I've never seen people camp armour far away from the battlefield and just sit there. This must be an entirely new thing in BF3. One that I have yet to see.

But it's a multiplayer game, you have to expect that somebody somewhere is going to do something dickish, because somebody somewhere always does. Just keep on playing the game, squad up with people who aren't assholes and ignore the retards... If it's so prevalant then someone on the other team is going to be doing something equally dickish.

Tking is not the answer, tking is fucking annoying.

It never fails that I jump into the one tank/jeep/HMMV at the start of the map that while all the others zoom straight to the objectives, he bumps into every rock, embankment and road barrier in the map, then finally takes us out into the middle of nowhere. All while not using the sprint ability of the vehicle. :(

But I've never seen people camp armour far away from the battlefield and just sit there.

I noticed it blatantly on a round of Firestorm Conquest (note, one round). One of the Russian players set his T-90 up on the high ridge outside their spawn and basically used it as artillery. I don't recall ever being killed by it, but he did have a knack for dialing in armor in the flag areas and keeping them on their toes.

I don't know how effective it was.

Expecting an arcade FPS (I don't think DICE ever claimed BF3 was a war or flight sim) to be accurate on runway distance is almost as ridiculous as comparing a Cessna 185 to a F/A 18 Superhornet.

I .

You certenly never play the game to call it arcade game , what rediculous if you can't take off with a 185 you can't with an hornet, and sorry but run way it's by far the most obvious thing in the game.

Last edited:
I noticed it blatantly on a round of Firestorm Conquest (note, one round). One of the Russian players set his T-90 up on the high ridge outside their spawn and basically used it as artillery. I don't recall ever being killed by it, but he did have a knack for dialing in armor in the flag areas and keeping them on their toes.

Then he's trying something, he's not being a dick. He's seeing if such a strategy is effective, if he was tked for that then the tk is a douche

If someone camps the armour far away in order to be a dick, then the only pleasure they are going to derive (since that must be fucking boring as hell) is to watch people like Vega get sand in their vagina and tk them.

Guided shell spec maybe? Can hit stuff thats been laser sighted even if its not in your LOS.

Guided shell spec maybe? Can hit stuff thats been laser sighted even if its not in your LOS.

On that note, something that is nagging me.
Anyone know if you have the 3rd postion unlock (CCTV or something like that), if you can designate targets for your own gunner if they have the guided shells?

I'm wondering if its awesome when you have guided shell + CTIV or SOFLAM designating targets.

I like the idea of the tank giving cover from afar though, like the offices in op firestorm or from the hill in kharg onto the offices / construction site. Just another strategy that may or may not work.

You certenly never play the game to call it arcade game , what rediculous if you can't take off with a 185 you can't with an hornet, and sorry but run way it's by far the most obvious thing in the game.

I don't get this criticism of the game. You want it to be to scale? A 10,000 foot runway would be longer than most of the maps, so how would that work, exactly? Do you think there are a lot of tank battles at 100 yards?

On that note, something that is nagging me.
Anyone know if you have the 3rd postion unlock (CCTV or something like that), if you can designate targets for your own gunner if they have the guided shells?

Isn't that the whole point of the CITV? I don't have it unlocked yet (it is next), but that was my understanding of the purpose.

I don't get this criticism of the game. You want it to be to scale? A 10,000 foot runway would be longer than most of the maps, so how would that work, exactly? Do you think there are a lot of tank battles at 100 yards?

Take note than I can live without problem with jets in the game, I just want to say that jets are out of place. Mortar is the one I have hard time to digest. at least the way it can be use., yesterday I try to destroy a com in the field outside metro and 4 mortars was pounding the com, I try to snipe one, but it seems you can't kill them in their base on some server, the bullets do nothing. Add to this than many uses the auto spotting hack, so as soon as you spam you are spotted by all their team.

I just want to say that jets are out of place, we can live without them.

People complain if Dice removes jets, then people complain when they add them back in :rolleyes:

Just play on maps without them. It's better to have the option available for those who want them.

I just want to say that my satisfaction in the game has gone up exponentially now that I'm playing on hardcore servers. I prefer to play a shotgun wielding medic with a defib and I'm actually useful in those games. I have a k-d ratio of around 3-10, but I consistently ranked in the top 3 of my team.

People complain if Dice removes jets, then people complain when they add them back in :rolleyes:.

I don't complain at all actually I don't care at all, the chance to be kill by one is very slim if you not in a vehicle. I just find them out of place. Everyone have his own taste. The other day 5 guys was TK each other to have a jet at the base. The winner crash after the first turn, lol

Anyone down for some co-op right now? Want to work on the rest of the unlocks.

Message me on Battlelog: g0shua

I just want to say that my satisfaction in the game has gone up exponentially now that I'm playing on hardcore servers. I prefer to play a shotgun wielding medic with a defib and I'm actually useful in those games. I have a k-d ratio of around 3-10, but I consistently ranked in the top 3 of my team.
props to a fellow hardcore medic

WTF you quote me on that ? if the hiding in a corner is for me with my 969 meter HS , well show me your stats, until you just a troll who may have not even play the game.

I accidentally pressed quote on your post. But as you can see, what I was saying had nothing to do with what you were saying.

I guess I did exagerate-sorry.
IGLA is at 41.38% and Stinger is at 43.75%.
Most kills are with choppers since the jets can usually egress quickly enough to get out of range after flaring.
I stand by my claim of if I lock up a chopper, it is usually going to go down.
And I will repeat that if I made a jet get the hell out of Dodge, he's not causing my team issues.
If you don't believe my stats (meager as they are), feel free to look them up.
Angelofinjury is what I go by.

Even the low 40's percentage wise is higher than I expected. That is higher than virtually any player I've seen use the MANPADS. It must take a lot of time and patience to play that way, and your SPM I think will suffer for it as that is time you aren't doing other things nor do you have an RPG to deal with ground vehicles.

don't call me son, I'm most likely older than you, certainly more mature.

I bet the scenario you have just outlined, someone jumping into a tank, driving far away from the battlefield and camping there for the entire match has happened to you once at most. I've played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, Bad company 1 and 2 and now BF3. I've never seen anybody do that. someone might drive into the middle of nowhere, but at worst they are there for a few minutes before getting bored, driving back or just killed by the enemy.

It has happened to me once at most? I am so glad that you watch me playing via live streaming for you to know that. Most impressive. :rolleyes:

On 64-player servers, it happens all the time. Either you aren't paying attention or you don't scan the large map for armor locations at regular intervals like some of us do.

It never fails that I jump into the one tank/jeep/HMMV at the start of the map that while all the others zoom straight to the objectives, he bumps into every rock, embankment and road barrier in the map, then finally takes us out into the middle of nowhere. All while not using the sprint ability of the vehicle. :(

LOL man, I hear you on this one. The one guy that takes longer to get to the objective with poor vehicle control than it would have taken you on foot. My favorite is jumping in the said vehicle with the noob who goes off to camp with it. Just for matteos, that is an instant team kill. Shoot the vehicle in the back, when the guy jumps out to run and/or repair I just mow em down, repair the vehicle and off I go. Sounds like a plan eh matteos? :D

Finally tried the jets yesterday. Easy to fly especially with a joystick (Low level flying is fun!), but i can't see how it's supposed to help the people on the ground. The landscape just zooms right past, certainly too fast to casually pick off targets and i had to practically fly upside down to find targets for the second pass. Unless it's been designated for me and i had a line up from a long ways away, i can't feel i'm contributing.

Finally tried the jets yesterday. Easy to fly especially with a joystick (Low level flying is fun!), but i can't see how it's supposed to help the people on the ground. The landscape just zooms right past, certainly too fast to casually pick off targets and i had to practically fly upside down to find targets for the second pass. Unless it's been designated for me and i had a line up from a long ways away, i can't feel i'm contributing.

Unless people on the ground spot for you, it's almost impossible to make a successful anti-armor run in the jets. Also, try using third person to get a better view on what's going on around you. I usually go third person then, once I acquire a target, switch back to first-person for the kill.

Hey, as long as you're keeping the skies clear of enemy jets you're doing your job. By doing so, you're free to attack helos and tanks at your own discretion. I wouldn't care how long it takes you to clear them out, but as long as you get the job done, you're being a better-than-most pilot. This guy has some great advice on strafing ground targets and air-to-air combat...

Air to Ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laychyvOZWw

Air to Air:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udARAxjGZLs

Hey, as long as you're keeping the skies clear of enemy jets you're doing your job. By doing so, you're free to attack helos and tanks at your own discretion. I wouldn't care how long it takes you to clear them out, but as long as you get the job done, you're being a better-than-most pilot. This guy has some great advice on strafing ground targets and air-to-air combat...

Air to Ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laychyvOZWw

Air to Air:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udARAxjGZLs

Maybe I should get an xbox controller so I can start flying.

Is it possible to die to enemy planes wreckage thats falling? I hope so because they could create some funny moments.

Conquest mode, focus on taking out the enemy jets and the choppers. Taking out enemy choppers really helps the guys on the ground. Strafe tanks on the ground when you get a chance, doing even a little damage will help your team take them out quicker.

In Rush mode, load up rockets or guided missiles. Take out those tanks when you don't have an enemy jet on your tail. Rocket splash damage works real well on infantry also, especially when they are trying to disarm the mcoms.

I give up. Way too many hackers on right now. And I am not talking about "he's so good he must be hacking" types of things, but "he got 250 kills in a round/ 100 kills in 10 mins" type of thing.

Stuff like this:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5624829/1/363207799/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5436303/1/363207799/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5823622/1/234060977/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5856521/1/354241464/

Personally I haven't run into any blatant type hacker yet who is just disrupting the game. Or maybe it has been so few times so I don't recall.

I give up. Way too many hackers on right now. And I am not talking about "he's so good he must be hacking" types of things, but "he got 250 kills in a round/ 100 kills in 10 mins" type of thing.

I agree with you 95% ( if not more) of the round I play have hackers, this game come less and less playable everyday.

I've ran into like 4-5 tops. It's not that big of a deal.

Personally I haven't run into any blatant type hacker yet who is just disrupting the game. Or maybe it has been so few times so I don't recall.

You simply don't know how to recognize them

I think the word blatant means the thing makes it self evident without much effort in detection.

On larger maps with vehicles hackers don't matter as much and therefore aren't as noticeable. But I've been playing a lot of metro conquest (trying to level my assault) and in there it is very easy to spot the hackers, and at least 1/3 of the rounds I've played this last week had a blatant hacker show up.

Yes I didn't realize you needed some type of special training or natural ability to hit tab and find someone with a 100:1 KDR...

Thanks, the videos were helpful.

I may have to postpone jet practice and go back to recon, tho. I tried practicing some more but every time i do, my squad gets massacred! I had to switch back to recon to give cover fire, drop beacons and send the MAV just to get them into the base!

When i use the recon, i drop a beacon somewhere safe (not necessarily close to the base, but away from the main fight), and then huff it someplace the overlooks my squads route from the beacon and take out the snipers and anyone about to intercept them (You can say i'm counter-flanking anyone trying to flank my flankers) . I can usually get all three into the compound this way. Then the drone gets sent after them to tag anyone camping the corners and get rid of any tugs or spawn beacons. A couple of times, i've actually had enemies try to shoot the drone and made them face away from my incoming squad. It involves a lot of running, but we finished the game this way with minimal deaths despite being agressive on the bomb planting.

We've got too many snipers, and barely any recons :mad:

Last edited:
I've ran into like 4-5 tops. It's not that big of a deal.

The problem is that if teams are lopsided, and one gets by your spawn, it turns into a nightmare. Far too many people are trying to learn this game and the sort of idiocy that can go on drives them away.

if theres any shitty pilots that want to try fighting with another shitty pilot im up for finding an empty server and dogfiighting for alittle

IF EA was serious they will allow customer to rate servers so we will know the bad one and we can put them in our ignore list. OF course they will not do that, they get monthly income from server rents

Ya I notice that many of those administered server have huge team unbalance, and if you are in the wrong team and kill to much of the admin friends you get kick, I find a sweet spot in Metro , where the RPG and Tubes noobs can't reach me, so I kill a lot of peoples coming on top of 3 different location of stair, I was accuse of cheating because the top gun of the other team was not able to kill me from the bottom of the stair with his m320. even with his wall hack , I get banned …

IF EA was serious they will allow customer to rate servers so we will know the bad one and we can put them in our ignore list. OF course they will not do that, they get monthly income from server rents

You mean DICE?

Also, people will overwhelmingly report the negative. People complain there's lag in games when there isn't any, hackusations, spawn killing etc. If you want good servers, find and save them to your favorites. Problem solved. I wouldn't allow ratings for a fan base that can be childish about even simple issues. People pay good money for their server and many will leave 1-2 star ratings based on questionable opinions and experiences, which affects their traffic numbers.

it's only a small percent of hacker who do idiot thing like that.

Not, not really. I was able to pull ratios like that in UT. One of my friends was in ELF, the bot clan. He was a programtic guru and just found it all funny. He'd blatantly hack, though I could beat him aimbot on, wall hack on, and all, 1v1, and just do it to piss people off. Get banned, and then.. get around the ban and do it again. He found it fun, that was the game to him.

He also played cheat free on a few top competitive clans helped design anti cheat software and competitive mods.

He still games, and he still hacks. He still is part of ELF and other hacker clans, he also still competes cheat free and makes comp mods.

Some people just view public servers as shit to fuck around with and don't care. Out of the hundred plus dedicated cheaters I know, the vast majority are mod creators and just enjoy fucking around with shit and fucking with people. Banning them doesn't do shit, they'll be back. They enjoy breaking past the games official anti cheat and proving it's busted and then passing off their own and creating maps, and better gameplay.

Like it or not the PC is about cheating and stealing. That's who we are. We are the children of shareware, mapping, modding, altering. There is no difference between a pirate, hacker, modder, or mapper. It's all the same sort of shit, someone who just wants to do what they want with the game, that's why you play on the PC. If you want to play fair in the game is it is and as it was meant to be, you play on a console. If you want to live by your own rules and fuck everybody, you play on the PC.

it's only a small percent of hacker who do idiot thing like that.

I'm not sure what your point is?

My post was in response to people saying there were too many blatant hackers disrupting their enjoyment of the game.

This is a different issue than people hacking to cheat and to appear better than they actually are.

Like it or not the PC is about cheating and stealing. That's who we are. We are the children of shareware, mapping, modding, altering. There is no difference between a pirate, hacker, modder, or mapper. It's all the same sort of shit, someone who just wants to do what they want with the game, that's why you play on the PC. If you want to play fair in the game is it is and as it was meant to be, you play on a console. If you want to live by your own rules and fuck everybody, you play on the PC.
Well stated. Sounds like the Gen X techno manifesto, if there were one.

Back