Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Problem is Modern air power relies on eyes on at the last second or as a last resort. You are moving to fast to see a stationary tank with your eyes but you can see the heat easily. For them to work as is the maps would have to look more like BF42

Problem is Modern air power relies on eyes on at the last second or as a last resort. You are moving to fast to see a stationary tank with your eyes but you can see the heat easily. For them to work as is the maps would have to look more like BF42

As a former spotter.... game has nothing on how it is. maps would have to be hundreds of miles to be "modern", don't joke yourself.

As a former spotter.... game has nothing on how it is. maps would have to be hundreds of miles to be "modern", don't joke yourself.

I wonder if BF15 will have state/country sized maps lol, 64k vs 64k :p

Well stated. Sounds like the Gen X techno manifesto, if there were one.

That is pretty stupid, making a map for a game to help it is the same as cheating to hurt it? lol ya but I am not surprised people who steal and murder justify it too. Nothing you can do about that either right, it is OK it's part of living. Guess I might as well start doing it too because sd11 said it was cool. And aparrently he is in the crowd with over 100 hackers.

BTW I have made mods, maps, run servers, and competed in high level clans too. But never once did I cheat or think that was a cool natural part of PC gaming I should embrace. I would also never think that a normal non retarded person could consider those things the same. sd11 friend just sounds like he plays both sides for his own selfish gain with no regard for how it harms the community. Guess maybe he is part of why unreal is dead. Not really any different than a police officer who murders or black males. Ya its a good gig if you are selfish you play both sides you can make up alot of ground quick. But it is not what the job or community is about. That's just how assholes are they do bad shit then do something a little nice to make themself feel better. Al capone donated plenty to charity while he was ordering the killing of innocent people. I can say every cheater I have ever run into also has some stupid justification for why he did it.

I have also run enough leagues to know that hackers are the single biggest problem in online gaming on any platform. They cause by far the most fustration, and quitting which reduces the quality of the game. And of course they are also the reason that the most people I am aware of end up hacking. They say I had to do it because others were. And no the vast majority cannot stop at pubs another silly thing people like to say to justify it. Oh I only do it in pubs so who cares? Ya right it doesnt end there for most people.

I have also run enough leagues to know that hackers are the single biggest problem in online gaming on any platform. They cause by far the most fustration, and quitting which reduces the quality of the game. And of course they are also the reason that the most people I am aware of end up hacking. They say I had to do it because others were. And no the vast majority cannot stop at pubs another silly thing people like to say to justify it. Oh I only do it in pubs so who cares? Ya right it doesnt end there for most people.

By far the best post I have seen in this tread ...

Last edited:
I give up. Way too many hackers on right now. And I am not talking about "he's so good he must be hacking" types of things, but "he got 250 kills in a round/ 100 kills in 10 mins" type of thing.

Stuff like this:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5624829/1/363207799/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5436303/1/363207799/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5823622/1/234060977/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5856521/1/354241464/

Well I hope you ended up reporting him for cheating.

Getting banned from a server may only be temporary, but having your account banned is permanent, unless you go buy another copy.

I'm not sure what your point is?

My post was in response to people saying there were too many blatant hackers disrupting their enjoyment of the game.

This is a different issue than people hacking to cheat and to appear better than they actually are.

I know .... but blatant cheater are not really cheater they do it for fun, the real cheaters are the one who keep low profile just to show they are better than they are, as you said.

We know the blatant are making fun of us, but the low profil cheaters we thing they are better than us, where in fact they are not and like another members said, that make peoples thing they are not good enough to play the game and they stop to play it.

This attitude toward hacking just being another way to play without any remorse is really disturbing. It ruins the game for Legit players.

What I found funny is that some big cheater software company makes good living and on their forum you don't see a single post about a member been ban. I start to wonder what parts of their monthly fees they charge go directly to EA

With that Enhanced Stereo enabled, multi-channel audio doesn't even work at all. This was addressed dozens of pages ago IIRC.

I didn't even mention that i was using multi channel audio. Just that it sounded better with enhanced stereo disabled... :p

Also, theres no way in hell im going back to read the thread. 175 pages with 40 posts per page? Especially with the "im better than you" crew bickering for endless pages. Ugh. Just play the game and stop arguing. Maybe have a competition on who can make the most convincingly shaped dick out of the shapes given to you in the platoon emblem maker. I'm already done my submission, i just need somewhere to submit it.

Hey, as long as you're keeping the skies clear of enemy jets you're doing your job. By doing so, you're free to attack helos and tanks at your own discretion. I wouldn't care how long it takes you to clear them out, but as long as you get the job done, you're being a better-than-most pilot. This guy has some great advice on strafing ground targets and air-to-air combat...

Air to Ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laychyvOZWw

Air to Air:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udARAxjGZLs

Best way to help your team and troll the other team: If the enemy attack chopper is ripping your team apart just keep taking your jet and fly it straight at the enemy attack chopper continuously and crash into it. This is what I do.

Best way to help your team and troll the other team: If the enemy attack chopper is ripping your team apart just keep taking your jet and fly it straight at the enemy attack chopper continuously and crash into it. This is what I do.

I wish that they gave medals for this. I pretty much only play infantry, and having a chopper hammering you is the worst.

I wish that they gave medals for this. I pretty much only play infantry, and having a chopper hammering you is the worst.

You could always switch roles and go stinger...instead of being a victim all the time. The only reason the enemy chopper gunner goes 40-1 in a round is because the team lets him.

Or we play on moderated servers that actually ban them.
Usually moderated by nazis who ban you right after a good kill streak. I have been banned from at least 5 BC2 servers for just jumping in and getting 5-10 kills quickly. Sometimes it's just really easy and people just run at you when you have the drop on them, but the admins don't care and ban anyway. I've even tried to log in under a different user name and ask them to unban, they banned that username too.

I was about to pick up BF3 this weekend now that my card has been fixed but I think I will wait a while longer.

This is incredibly less effective than it used to be BF2. Normally when a plane rams me my chopper spins (or flips if I don't counter steer) and the neither of us actually explode, though we do both take some damage. Thankfully, avoiding would-be suicide jets is very easy if you notice them ahead of time.

Last edited:
I accidentally pressed quote on your post. But as you can see, what I was saying had nothing to do with what you were saying.

Even the low 40's percentage wise is higher than I expected. That is higher than virtually any player I've seen use the MANPADS. It must take a lot of time and patience to play that way, and your SPM I think will suffer for it as that is time you aren't doing other things nor do you have an RPG to deal with ground vehicles.

It has happened to me once at most? I am so glad that you watch me playing via live streaming for you to know that. Most impressive. :rolleyes:

On 64-player servers, it happens all the time. Either you aren't paying attention or you don't scan the large map for armor locations at regular intervals like some of us do.

LOL man, I hear you on this one. The one guy that takes longer to get to the objective with poor vehicle control than it would have taken you on foot. My favorite is jumping in the said vehicle with the noob who goes off to camp with it. Just for matteos, that is an instant team kill. Shoot the vehicle in the back, when the guy jumps out to run and/or repair I just mow em down, repair the vehicle and off I go. Sounds like a plan eh matteos? :D

I'm gonna find you on BF3 then I'm going to camp with all the vehicles you are in.

That is pretty stupid, making a map for a game to help it is the same as cheating to hurt it? lol ya but I am not surprised people who steal and murder justify it too. Nothing you can do about that either right, it is OK it's part of living. Guess I might as well start doing it too because sd11 said it was cool. And aparrently he is in the crowd with over 100 hackers.
Okay I know 98% of that was directed at sd11 but for the record I don't agree with his statement at all but I am a fan of his characterizations none the less.

Although I've got about 26-27 hours in at this point, it's all been an hour or two sporadically. NO LONGER! Work finally calmed down, taking tomorrow off to channel my inner basement dweller and play BF3 all day. :D Maxed assault and engi already, about halfway through support...looking forward to playing recon, literally only played about 5 min worth so far.

I've noticed though that I struggle mightily to match the scores I can get with assault when I play engi and support. Support's heavy fire output seems really limited in most open maps; the ability to rapidly react in all 360 degrees seems at a premium. However as defense in rush, support is king!

You basically glide into them at torso level, it counts as a roadkill. It has to be a controlled glide, you can't be bouncing off anything, etc. You can also do it with the EOD bot, and it also makes people go nuts and act like a 12 year old on xbox live (profanity wise).

Although I've got about 26-27 hours in at this point, it's all been an hour or two sporadically. NO LONGER! Work finally calmed down, taking tomorrow off to channel my inner basement dweller and play BF3 all day. :D Maxed assault and engi already, about halfway through support...looking forward to playing recon, literally only played about 5 min worth so far.

:D congrats on being able to embrace your inner basement dweller, i did the same when BF3 released. just last night i finished unlocking the weapons for Recon class. it was the last class i needed to max and it felt like pulling teeth. i don't particularly like playing Recon and it requires the most points of any class to max. i spent a lot of time using shotguns, the PDW-R, the UMP-45, etc. playing 'rambo recon'. mobile spawns are the saving-grace of that class.

You could always switch roles and go stinger...instead of being a victim all the time. The only reason the enemy chopper gunner goes 40-1 in a round is because the team lets him.

Yea, and I do that most of the time. BUT WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO ME CHANGING! /endrant

I pretty much only like tank busting and killing gobs of enemy infrantry.

Yea, and I do that most of the time. BUT WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO ME CHANGING! /endrant
Especially when over 50% of your team is already playing engineer but they can't take a break from spamming regular RPG's to switch.

I pretty much only like tank busting and killing gobs of enemy infrantry.

i was playing on Kharg Island last night and there was a very skilled pilot on the other team. most skilled pilot i've come across as far as firing while flying and making kills, and being evasive when he needed to be. he was just destroying us. a couple people in team chat volunteered to put up some SOFLAM's, and few of us said we'd go engineer. that guy couldn't stay airborne for more than 30 seconds after that. it was cool to see a team come together like that. it's a rare thing.

i was playing on Kharg Island last night and there was a very skilled pilot on the other team. most skilled pilot i've come across as far as firing while flying and making kills, and being evasive when he needed to be. he was just destroying us. a couple people in team chat volunteered to put up some SOFLAM's, and few of us said we'd go engineer. that guy couldn't stay airborne for more than 30 seconds after that. it was cool to see a team come together like that. it's a rare thing.

That's awesome.

If there were in-game voice chat for the team, things like that would probably happen more often.

:D congrats on being able to embrace your inner basement dweller, i did the same when BF3 released. just last night i finished unlocking the weapons for Recon class. it was the last class i needed to max and it felt like pulling teeth. i don't particularly like playing Recon and it requires the most points of any class to max. i spent a lot of time using shotguns, the PDW-R, the UMP-45, etc. playing 'rambo recon'. mobile spawns are the saving-grace of that class.

I have 0 minutes on Recon (out of 32 hours played) since 10/25. During beta, I did play a lot of "rambo recon" though. Running behind enemy lines with a shotgun and dropping a mobile spawn and getting freebie instakills from behind definitely got my adrenaline pumping. When i eventually get myself to play Recon again, I suppose this is the path I'll take (can't stand sniping).

I think we should all comment on D0zer73's battlelog...people like that ruin it for everyone. Got a life thanks

Last edited:
That's awesome.

If there were in-game voice chat for the team, things like that would probably happen more often.

that was my point the other day , in BF2 we have it. It's a major step back ( and you know who, no need to told me to press k , we want voice chat)

that was my point the other day , in BF2 we have it. It's a major step back ( and you know who, no need to told me to press k , we want voice chat)

and that guy also said "I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't realize you were talking about voice chat".....so i don't get the animosity.

I think we should all comment on Dozer73's battlelog...people like that ruin it for everyone

get a life and learn to play this guy don't cheat

I check the stats of this guy and they look ok with me, he play 155 hours , a k/d of 1.3 and he have a SMP of 490 , only 17% of head shot with his best weapon, that's a good player .

I think we should all comment on Dozer73's battlelog...people like that ruin it for everyone
Got this from EA just now
Hello,

We would like you to know that we received your petition and are currently investigating it. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot contact you concerning the outcome of the investigation, but please rest assured that we will take appropriate action.
:D

:eek:

I check the stats of this guy and they look ok with me, he play 155 hours , a k/d of 1.3 and he have a SMP of 490 , only 17% of head shot with his best weapon, that's a good player .

Yeah doesn't look like a cheater, looks like he has no life...holy shit, 155 hours since 10/25?!?! :eek:

Maybe you should read the thread before telling others to get a life.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5624829/1/363207799/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5618372/1/363207799/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5436303/1/363207799/

Gee, a guy that had a 1.3 kd now suddenly starts getting 200 kills in a round. That's just a good player...

Back