Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

unless i'm missing something that guy looks nothing like a hack. like MarkedOne said: 155 hours played, rank 57, 490 SPM, 1.342 K/D, 13% average weapon accuracy.....

Check his last few rounds.

211-7
116-13
188-4
75-5

His kd now is 10.9. In a week the guy goes from 1.3 to 10.9 kd and you guys still think he is not cheating?

ah i see. what a dipshit. sort of odd to spend 155 hours playing and then up and decide to cheat. i suppose he grew bored with the game and just doesn't give a shit if he gets banned or even Origin banned.

edit: never mind it's a different guy. see below:

Last edited:
That's awesome.

If there were in-game voice chat for the team, things like that would probably happen more often.

Yeah, I have to say that the lack of an in game voice chat is probably the one real complaint I have with this game. A deathmatch type game such as MW can get away without in game voice coms but not having it in a game which supposedly is about using teamwork to achieve goals is nothing short of criminal.

Just had some fun in a 2v2 flight server...lots of dogfighting, good stuff.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of crashes on Operation Firestorm? I have never gotten a crash in any other map, but that one I've crashed like 4-5 times now.

Yeah, I have to say that the lack of an in game voice chat is probably the one real complaint I have with this game. A deathmatch type game such as MW can get away without in game voice coms but not having it in a game which supposedly is about using teamwork to achieve goals is nothing short of criminal.

Add to that the fact they had a voice option in BF2. 6 years ago!!

I also understand they shaved here and there to meet goals, financials, etc. It IS a business, after all. They figured most everyone already uses TS, Vent, Mumble, etc.

Add to that the fact they had a voice option in BF2. 6 years ago!!

I also understand they shaved here and there to meet goals, financials, etc. It IS a business, after all. They figured most everyone already uses TS, Vent, Mumble, etc.
for a group of friends, sure. but when just joining a public server, we need to be able to talk to our random teammates

Yeah there's a new subscription (lol?) based hack being used by quite a few out there. Had this Junkies6 guy doing it repeatedly on a server I play on, and on his own battlelog he brags about using it..

Yeah there's a new subscription (lol?) based hack being used by quite a few out there. Had this Junkies6 guy doing it repeatedly on a server I play on, and on his own battlelog he brags about using it..

What does that even mean, though?

That people are so desperate for hacks they're paying per month to get BF3 hacks, then bragging about using them on the official BF3 blog / log / whatever you want to call your character page.

The other night I had a hacker in my squad, so I followed him around hosing him with my M60 :) Kind of hard to aimbot in that situation :)

So I pulled a Vega last night in the server I was playing in...hardcore, it was locked to spawn on squad leader only and after 15 minutes the jackass was still just sitting in spawn running back and forth between dumpsters and spinning around. Fragged his ass continuously until he left. :p Alchohol may have also been a factor.

Personally I'm not liking BF3 as much as BFBC2, the graphics are better, but everything else pales.

The single player is shite, it is so scripted that it's just dull, like an even crapper version of MW... go to this point, shoot this guy, wait till you are told to go to the next point, shoot that guy, wait till you are told to go to the next point etc. I know nobody buys this game for single player, but single player in BFBC2 was quite good, and fairly humorous. Also the controls feel clunky in comparison, it's much slower gameplay while you wait for your little character to do all his stupid movements, feels kind of like Arma2 (in a bad way).
I've only played this game for about 6 hours so far so maybe it will be better in time, but at the moment it is a little meh, kind of wish I hadn't spent $60 on it.

Personally I'm not liking BF3 as much as BFBC2, the graphics are better, but everything else pales.

The single player is shite, it is so scripted that it's just dull, like an even crapper version of MW... go to this point, shoot this guy, wait till you are told to go to the next point, shoot that guy, wait till you are told to go to the next point etc. I know nobody buys this game for single player, but single player in BFBC2 was quite good, and fairly humorous. Also the controls feel clunky in comparison, it's much slower gameplay while you wait for your little character to do all his stupid movements, feels kind of like Arma2 (in a bad way).
I've only played this game for about 6 hours so far so maybe it will be better in time, but at the moment it is a little meh, kind of wish I hadn't spent $60 on it.

Is that based solely on the single player? Yeah, the SP is pretty lame, but the MP is very good.

Is that based solely on the single player? Yeah, the SP is pretty lame, but the MP is very good.

No been playing MP too, it just feels so slow, I was uber fast on BFBC2 but on this one your guys doing all his little animations to stand up sit down, shuffle around that you can't duck out of the way easily when someone's firing at you. It's like Arma 2 controls meet call of duty gameplay, maybe it will get better as I play more and unlock better weapons, but at the moment I'm a little disappointed with it.

I know nobody buys this game for single player, but single player in BFBC2 was quite good, and fairly humorous.

Did you have an opportunity to play the first BC on consoles? I thought the humor in the first was spot on, fitting right in with the 'Three Kings' plot. My favorite memory is Hags bounding down the hill toward an enemy border checkpoint whooping and yelling "There's gold in them hills!" (or something like that).

I was disappointed that they tried to go a more 'serious' route with BC2. It was like they clipped Hags' wings...poor guy. At least he still had a few good lines.

Did you have an opportunity to play the first BC on consoles? I thought the humor in the first was spot on, fitting right in with the 'Three Kings' plot. My favorite memory is Hags bounding down the hill toward an enemy border checkpoint whooping and yelling "There's gold in them hills!" (or something like that).

I was disappointed that they tried to go a more 'serious' route with BC2. It was like they clipped Hags' wings...poor guy. At least he still had a few good lines.

Yeah, I did. The single player in those was awesome, that redneck dude cracked me up no end.

reported. :)

we know you are very good at it ... I was going to give my appology for my mistake but instead I will maintain what I said, learn to play and kill hacker instead of report everything, Reporting peoples is weak in my book, I kill hacker everyday when I play on a server, it's why my k/d is so low. This is a game I have more fun to kill a guy who cheat than a noobs. I pass the last 5 day to visit cheater forum and look at you tube to learn how they do it, to know how to kill them.

Last edited:
we know you are very good at it ... I was going to give my appology for my mistake but instead I will maintain what I said, learn to play and kill hacker instead of report everything, Reporting peoples is weak in my book, I kill hacker everyday when I play on a server, it's why my k/d is so low. This is a game I have more fun to kill a guy who cheat than a noobs.

The report button is there for a reason.

You go your way, I'll go mine. Fair enough?

I think these more "realistic" games make cheating all the worse. In counter-strike and BF, you die so quickly you don't have much of a chance against an aimbot. But I remember back in the Quake days, if you were good enough you could stand a chance against quite a few of the cheats.

(Anyone remember RatBot? If you asked in chat, "Are you a bot" it would actually answer truthfully, unless the little bastard was clever enough to edit that part out. :D )

I remember OGC hacks for old school CS... Man, I installed that for a couple days just for the lols... So stupid. You could run 10x faster and be in their spawn instantly, murdering them all with the machine gun.

Usually moderated by nazis who ban you right after a good kill streak. I have been banned from at least 5 BC2 servers for just jumping in and getting 5-10 kills quickly. Sometimes it's just really easy and people just run at you when you have the drop on them, but the admins don't care and ban anyway. I've even tried to log in under a different user name and ask them to unban, they banned that username too.

I was about to pick up BF3 this weekend now that my card has been fixed but I think I will wait a while longer.

I got banned for this all the time on BC2, first week I was banned from a BF3 server... ughh so stupid. How is it my fault if people play like shit and literally run at you over and over? I sometimes feel like I HAVE to die because I am on too much of a killstreak so I don't get banned.

Did anyone actually use that though? I don't recall playing very much where it was used. That may be another reason why they de-prioritized it in development.

I do recall it being used extensively, but I suppose it would depend on what type of servers you were playing on.

Did anyone actually use that though? I don't recall playing very much where it was used. That may be another reason why they de-prioritized it in development.

It was used more in BF2 than BC2 from my experience. I think maybe with how 3rd party voice programs are more common nowadays, they decided to not spend the resources to implement it in game. Really for me since voice started to become common with games like CS and BF2 I've noticed more people preferring third party clients versus ingame voice chat options.

The one thing I think they wasted time on was the command rose as it is in BF3. I'm really not sure what the point of this is. The context based system with BC2 worked much better (Point to vehicle as a engineer, it spams I can repair. Point to a support, it spams I need ammo. And etc.) Actually I'm not even clear why people wanted this in the first other than for BF2 nostalgia.

It was used more in BF2 than BC2 from my experience. I think maybe with how 3rd party voice programs are more common nowadays, they decided to not spend the resources to implement it in game..

I start to wonder if it was not too much bandwidth for their streaming anti cheater BS

VOIP wasn't used much in BC2 BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKING BROKEN AND STILL IS TO THIS DAY.

Over 1.5 yrs post release and still no fix for an issue that's been around since beta. Great support, DICE!

Man, Battlelog seems to be having some issues, at least for me. Keep having to click refresh between 500 errors.

That people are so desperate for hacks they're paying per month to get BF3 hacks, then bragging about using them on the official BF3 blog / log / whatever you want to call your character page.

Guess it's not just for mmo cheats anymore.... :mad:.

It was used more in BF2 than BC2 from my experience. I think maybe with how 3rd party voice programs are more common nowadays, they decided to not spend the resources to implement it in game. Really for me since voice started to become common with games like CS and BF2 I've noticed more people preferring third party clients versus ingame voice chat options.

The one thing I think they wasted time on was the command rose as it is in BF3. I'm really not sure what the point of this is. The context based system with BC2 worked much better (Point to vehicle as a engineer, it spams I can repair. Point to a support, it spams I need ammo. And etc.) Actually I'm not even clear why people wanted this in the first other than for BF2 nostalgia.

This post is so full of truth it is unbelievable!

VOIP wasn't used much in BC2 BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKING BROKEN AND STILL IS TO THIS DAY.

Over 1.5 yrs post release and still no fix for an issue that's been around since beta. Great support, DICE!

I've honestly never had much problem with it and it REALLY helped pull a pub group together and playing like a team. Along with a good commander you could get on a good pub and actually play like a clan almost. I really, really miss that.

I start to wonder if it was not too much bandwidth for their streaming anti cheater BS

I was refering to the PBBan streaming server
You do realize PB bans streaming has no affiliation with EA/Dice or even Punkbuster right? They are a 3rd party that keeps track of all previous punkbuster related bans. Its an amazing service as long as the server itself has the hardware to do it, but it is up to whoever is renting the server to sign up for that service at pbbans.com. AFAIK, PBBans.com runs entirely off of donations.

Anyone ever get this weird screen where it shows a shit load of guys parachuting down the screen?

IJNMY.png

KKdxH.png

2axUP.png

Back