BATTLEFIELD 1

Yeah well...sad day. BF4 is officially dead to me too.

The Section 8 server is shutting down. Too expensive. $200 a month.

Probably DL BF1 again and be an absolutely insane person. Alternative tactics ftw. Going back to running over infy with my plane.

Heh I will never be able to seriously spend any time playing an fps with a controller. Just no. I do not enjoy it. I let hackers hack. I kick their ass just the same and when I do it's even sweeter.

For me - the SP / campaign was worth the price I paid = $36 for 10.5 hours - so far...

Average price per hour = $tree-fiddy

Good to know. I am absolutely bored of FPS multiplayer, but was looking for a good single FPS war game.

The premium pass is on sale on Origin until June 20 for $40. Is that a good price or does it go for cheaper elsewhere?

Probably DL BF1 again and be an absolutely insane person. Alternative tactics ftw. Going back to running over infy with my plane.
play squad instead

The premium pass is on sale on Origin until June 20 for $40. Is that a good price or does it go for cheaper elsewhere?

It probably won't go any cheaper so if you were really hell bent on getting it then pull the trigger. I honestly haven't played much of the recent DLC because the main maps are pretty good and the DLC servers are always dead. The setup for it is really stupid as almost all the DLC servers only run the new maps. It gets old real fast and the fragmented parts of the game seem to ruin it.

Server, or Servers?
No single server, be it BF4, BF3, BFBC2, or even BF1 through EA costs $200 a month. Maybe 2 game servers and a massive teamspeak or ventrillo server for that price, but NOT one single server.

A 64 player BF4 server with higher priority located in USA is only $85/month through NFO.

No. It was the combo of both servers. Bf1 and 4. They dropped 4 BC of cost.

I tried squad a bit when it was beta. Need to try again. Not a very responsive game though.

No. It was the combo of both servers. Bf1 and 4. They dropped 4 BC of cost.

I tried squad a bit when it was beta. Need to try again. Not a very responsive game though.
there was a big update to squad shortly before I picked the game up in Jan. theres been 2 big updates since then.

Yes & the structured SP was great, but too damn short.
Same with BF Hardline - great SP, but too damn short.

For MP FPS, I typically play CS:GO or pubG

I played through the SP on someone else's account...it really didn't seem like anything special, and it was WAY short. It wasn't terrible but I certainly wouldn't purchase this game for the SP alone.

"vaulted" along with titanflop 2 in less than 9 months past the release date .... (good thing I'm on a 25$/year sub ) don't think I'll preorder an EA title ever again .... last one was BF3, did not even bought into the BF4 hype ... I chose to pick it up from a store for 12$ about 2 years after the launch, BF games feel like paid beta testing at this point ....

The only way bf1 is fun to me is playing on the Sec 8 server. There are a ton of good regulars there so that we often get even matches. There are a lot of 1000-980 games that are just back and forth slug outs.

I'm 146 hours deep and still love this game. It's just so insanely polished. The graphics, the sound, the gameplay. It all adds up to a really intense experience and I don't think any other FPS comes close.

This game has been the biggest letdown (from a gaming standpoint) in the last five years for me. I was so excited to get down with a World War 1 game until I noticed everyone and their mom's running around with automatic rifles. Fucking stupid.

I'm 146 hours deep and still love this game. It's just so insanely polished. The graphics, the sound, the gameplay. It all adds up to a really intense experience and I don't think any other FPS comes close.
Glad I'm not the only one lol, I've put it down for now to play with my new rift but enjoyed it a lot until that arrived and will Ben picking it back up again soon.

I'm waiting for it to drop in price and then I plan on picking it up. It was between that and overwatch and I got hooked on overwatch for a while.

I'm waiting for it to drop in price and then I plan on picking it up. It was between that and overwatch and I got hooked on overwatch for a while.

And if you're lucky there might still be other people playing it. Unreal that its not even 12 months old and only scraping 27,000 max daily players. BF is getting its arse kicked by the likes of Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG. Even ArmA3 has a healthier population.

Well the server I play in is plenty lively. =SEC8= or section 8 is a 64 man conquest server with admins. No map voting, no cussing in chat. Good fights aplenty though as most ppl there are what is left of the old guard.

Glad I'm not the only one lol, I've put it down for now to play with my new rift but enjoyed it a lot until that arrived and will Ben picking it back up again soon.

I really like the game. Frontlines is the most fun I've had in a BF mode in a long time. It's a shame that there aren't many dedicated frontlines servers though.

Just played through the single player campaign.

several things

The 1080TI is an absolute beast. I could play it fairly smoothly at ultra settings at 7800x1440 in Surround.

The game is enjoyable single player, and three screens really makes it one notch more fun.

The flight levels with the plane and the mountains was jaw dropping gorgeous - as was the armored man run on the slopes of Italy.

Was the character dialogue out of sync in the cutscense for anyone else? It was off sync a bit with the 1080TI.

I'll be getting my liquid cooled vega in this week and plan to replay a few levels with that and see how it can hang at 7800x1440 with freesync. I have a suspicion that extra 30% speed on the 1080TI is helpful -- though memory usage shouldn't be a problem - even at 7800x1440 - it was only using a bit over 6GB of VRAM.

New map is out. Lupkow Pass. Just had a match that ended 1000-999. :eek:

Lots of Z-axis gameplay in this one, which means lots of snipers. Oh, and Calvary now have spears so you can joust to your hearts content. :D

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-update-out-now-here-are-the-patch-no/1100-6452729/

According to the latest update we got Multi-GPU support for DX12 AT FUCKING LAST!!!!!!

OTHER
  • Fixed an issue where picking up an enemy soldier's kit would cause the player to start speaking the enemy team's language.
  • Added DX12 MGPU support.
  • Spectating players are no longer prompted with a kicked message when leaving the game server
  • Fixed issue with party member receiving in invite to play on the current game server

New map is out. Lupkow Pass. Just had a match that ended 1000-999. :eek:

Lots of Z-axis gameplay in this one, which means lots of snipers. Oh, and Calvary now have spears so you can joust to your hearts content. :D
Jesus. 1 map release. It's been a couple months since Nivelle Nights, and several more since the first DLC. We are now 10 months into this game. So far not only did the game launch with less maps than BF3 and BF4, We've only had 1 DLC launch and 2 free maps. :rage:

17 maps right now for BF1, 10 months in.

In this same time frame for BF4, we had the base game with 26 maps (base game + 4 DLC's). We also had a helluva lot more content included with each DLC, proper servers, and proper server administration to deal with cheaters. So far, the only thing better about this game than BF4 is that BF1 has been relatively more stable, but that isn't saying much.

I have become so completely bored, I've stopped playing altogether. I might give the game one last hurrah and come back for In the Name of the Tsar... but I don't know if some other big release this fall is going to pull me away.

Is it worth still getting BF1? I do not feel like buying the game and the season pass, only to have BF2 in a few months.

Is it worth still getting BF1? I do not feel like buying the game and the season pass, only to have BF2 in a few months.

You can have BF2 now :) , but I know what you mean. I'm leaning toward Rising Storm 2 Vietnam.

Anyone still playing? Lots of new content with the "In the Name of the Tsar" expansion. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Six new maps, female snipers, new weapons, new game mode.

This map is frustrating as all hell. Once the enemy has a hold of the temple in the center it's just about impossible to break through. Our team couldn't take it, but we still won at a nail-biting 1000-999.

mqmju8tum4hz.png

iTS CALLED flank dem!!!!!! You can keep the middle Ill own the rest of the map.

Anyone still playing? Lots of new content with the "In the Name of the Tsar" expansion. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Six new maps, female snipers, new weapons, new game mode.

This map is frustrating as all hell. Once the enemy has a hold of the temple in the center it's just about impossible to break through. Our team couldn't take it, but we still won at a nail-biting 1000-999.

mqmju8tum4hz.png

Yeah I'm loving the new content. I personally like that map, usually a fun round whenever I play it.

Back