BATTLEFIELD 1

Yeah I'm loving the new content. I personally like that map, usually a fun round whenever I play it.

Oh I loved the map. It's a nice change of pace to fight over a large monument like the cathedral. I'm just saying that it's really difficult to breach. The only entry points are ground level and the cathedral is swarming with enemies both ground and upper levels. Our team actually held it in the beginning and it was so easy to just camp the upper deck and mow down everyone on the ground level. Somehow they breached it though. I think they all just Leeroy'd it and caught us by surprise. We tried so hard to take it back but it was impossible.

Are there any deals on the Seasons Pass (just interest in maps / weapons)? I'd consider paying $15 for it, but I've more or less stopped playing the game. Only 1-3 servers at best and general lack of interest on my part. At least for Conquest.
Between RS2 Vietnam and BF4 I don't have much time for BF1 but some of the DLC maps do looks interesting.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Premium was $30. Which is $15 per dlc. I suggest you try the section 8 server. Good players that actually use VoIP and squad play. There is going to be a new 5 v 5 mode too. I think its called incursions?

I wasn't aware that they ended the premium friends feature. My friend bought premium so that I could play the first DLC with him, and I wanted to check out the new DLC as well. If they bring back that feature that allows anyone to play the DLC maps, could someone please quote my post? I don't check origin often so I don't want to miss it since it is for a limited time.

Just wanted to drop by and say that I just finished the campaign and it was fucking awesome. Always have to hand it to Dice when it comes to Battlefield games... the weapon sounds, explosions, music, and sound effects are all top notch. The audio is general is just fantastic. Action was great and the stories were intriguing and engrossing. I am one of the few left that only plays campaign games, so I don't care about the multiplayer but I thoroughly enjoyed the SP and will play it again before my Origin Access expires.

Just wanted to drop by and say that I just finished the campaign and it was fucking awesome. Always have to hand it to Dice when it comes to Battlefield games... the weapon sounds, explosions, music, and sound effects are all top notch. The audio is general is just fantastic. Action was great and the stories were intriguing and engrossing. I am one of the few left that only plays campaign games, so I don't care about the multiplayer but I thoroughly enjoyed the SP and will play it again before my Origin Access expires.

Amen brother, AMEN. The last MP game I enjoyed was the original BF1942

That reminds me, I never finished the campaign.. now that I have a better grip on the guns and gadgets should be more fun.

Premium was $30. Which is $15 per dlc. I suggest you try the section 8 server. Good players that actually use VoIP and squad play. There is going to be a new 5 v 5 mode too. I think its called incursions?

That sounds right up my alley. How do I find that server?

Search Section 8 or if that doesn't work it is an east coast 64 man conquest. Usually populated. We had JackFrags, LevelCap and about 4 other streamers on last night. My friend Rygar and I had a good time playing against them.

Search Section 8 or if that doesn't work it is an east coast 64 man conquest. Usually populated. We had JackFrags, LevelCap and about 4 other streamers on last night. My friend Rygar and I had a good time playing against them.

I found what I believe is the server, but of course it was packed with a bunch of people waiting to get in! I ended up going to the only Rush server I can find (since I prefer over CQ anyway) and found that if I just start giving orders over my mic, most people will listen and play with you.

I found what I believe is the server, but of course it was packed with a bunch of people waiting to get in! I ended up going to the only Rush server I can find (since I prefer over CQ anyway) and found that if I just start giving orders over my mic, most people will listen and play with you.
I hate that rush got stuck to 24 instead of 64 players in bf1 :(. I always preferred rush mode.

I hate that rush got stuck to 24 instead of 64 players in bf1 :(. I always preferred rush mode.

Seriously. It's way more thrilling than CQ. When the station is armed it's like the most intense moment in the game. You don't get that with CQ. At best you get a thrill when you're trying to cap a point and hoping no one kills you. But with no forward progression it just ends up being sitting in one spot and waiting for an attack, or running from one letter to another.

Heh. Try the Section 8 server when it is rolling. There is a wait for a reason. I am personally hoping that the unreleased 5v 5 is tits. I REALLY want comp level play back in this game.

Heh. Try the Section 8 server when it is rolling. There is a wait for a reason. I am personally hoping that the unreleased 5v 5 is tits. I REALLY want comp level play back in this game.

I've finally gotten in (Premium seems to help) and I've been having a blast. The best is when I find a squad which is using their mics and playing the objective. It really feels like I'm in a war and my squad is in an intense fire fight.

Yup. You will get more of that on the weekends but still most nights have good squads. There are people who you will recognize pretty quickly as being regulars. Everyone is pretty chill.

lol yeah dude. Most days for an hour or so after work more on the weekends. FISTxSpaceman

Looking to giving BF1 another go after taking an extended hiatus. I remember getting fed up trying to do Operations, only to be the lone person after all the wait. Hoping the recent updates and releases have improved matchmaking, and I am curious how the new maps are playing out.

Yah it’s easy to audit then jump into a full operation server now, it’s great. The game is doing very well player-base wise.

Anyone know what would cause the game to pause in heavy action? I bumped my texture and mesh settings from medium to high and got a few. I shouldn't. Prior to the change I was smooth as butter always.

3770k @ 4.3, 16gb sys ram, Zotac 980 with a mild oc, ssd. I am using evga's oc program. I guess I would need to record to see when the fps dip is and maybe vram usage? I just didn't think vram would exceed 4gb at 1080P and 100% resolution scaling.

Pull up GPU-Z and have a look at VRAM usage. You certainly could be using more than 4GB in a modern game, at any resolution!

2148 Max vram. 94% max usage. Max temp 63C. No slowdowns though.

Sorry if you mentioned it earlier, but are you using DX11 or DX12 in game? I was getting some pauses like you in heavy action when I played Operations, and at one point had to Alt-Tab and cancel BF1 in task manager due to a freeze. It's probably the attempted overclock I did on my card, but I was also giving DX12 another go on this 1080ti for no real good reason whatsoever.

Started back playing this again and bummed I didn't get the premium/season pass for $15 during Black Friday. I'm hoping it becomes available again between now and Christmas.

is there a [H] platoon or discord (or something else) of people who play multiplayer? just got the premium pass and looking for people to play with!

No discord I know about. The Section 8 64 man conquest has a public discord. It is a nice group of guys and one granny lol.

Anyone else listen to the soundtrack? I find myself playing it while driving around or at home on the Echo... Amazing composition of music, I'd say it's my favorite soundtrack right up there with the Guild Wars 1 score.

is there a [H] platoon or discord (or something else) of people who play multiplayer? just got the premium pass and looking for people to play with!

would join you but i have ultra screwed up hours since i work graveyard. i'm always on the [H] discord though.

It's 15 bucks again. I just bought it.

How many US based servers are still up? I'm going to consider it. Haven't touched the game in a few months. Between BF4 and RS2 I just don't have much time, but I would like to try some of the new maps assuming the DLC maps aren't dead already.

Game is pretty well packed. Most weekend days my fav server has a wait of at least 4 to 10 people. Worth the $15. Play frontlines and operations too. Fun.

All it took was a few hours to remind me why I stopped playing the game. The mechanics still suck, the stuttering is still there, the scout/recon/sniper class is still OP (you can walk 3-4 rounds of an MG into their chest only for them to jump around like a bunny and one shot kill you) and the DLC maps are horrendous. A true clusterfuck. Spawning between groups of around 5-8 enemies, crap objectives, lots of choke points and those annoying grenades. I guess people kept crying for Bad Company 3, and we got it. Very much a gibberishy mix of Battlefront and Bad Company, and the result is shit. :dead:

Not sure if I can stomach it enough to try the rest of the new maps. A few hours reflecting the current state of online shooters was enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth... especially since this is what gamers want apparently. I can't image EA will refund me for the premium pass? I may just send customer support an email. The game is pretty bad, but they doubled down on the stupid for the DLC.

All it took was a few hours to remind me why I stopped playing the game. The mechanics still suck, the stuttering is still there, the scout/recon/sniper class is still OP (you can walk 3-4 rounds of an MG into their chest only for them to jump around like a bunny and one shot kill you) and the DLC maps are horrendous. A true clusterfuck. Spawning between groups of around 5-8 enemies, crap objectives, lots of choke points and those annoying grenades. I guess people kept crying for Bad Company 3, and we got it. Very much a gibberishy mix of Battlefront and Bad Company, and the result is shit. :dead:

Not sure if I can stomach it enough to try the rest of the new maps. A few hours reflecting the current state of online shooters was enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth... especially since this is what gamers want apparently. I can't image EA will refund me for the premium pass? I may just send customer support an email. The game is pretty bad, but they doubled down on the stupid for the DLC.

Wow, hyperbole much? Battlefied 1, to me, has been one of the most polished online FPS experiences I ever had. For the sheer amount of chaos going on at any given moment, I'd say that Dice did a damn good job keeping things running smooth and stable. It sounds like you're just salty because you're getting outplayed. My advice is to find a good squad. Play together and play strategically. There is no one man army in this game. If you keep spawning around large groups of enemies then you are doing it wrong. Don't spawn on your teammate who is surrounded by 10 red dots on the map. That's just stupid. Spawn at the nearest objective that you own that isn't under attack.

Back