BATTLEFIELD 1

Looks like it is on sale for $35.99 through Origin today.

In other news no updates on the rental server program. Supposedly they will roll out some fixes before the next DLC, so March?

Yeah. They give zero fucks about the servers. Which is why most of the people I play with are not playing or playing really weird indie games atm.

WTF EA? Just completely abandon what made this game fun. A server where everyone knows your name.

I got the game for $35.99 over Christmas and have been playing a fair amount lately. After figuring out how to start winning in the game I've been having a lot of fun, especially in the Operations mode. I did have some trouble the other day when I was trying to play with my brother and get into an operations game. None of the games it went to put us in had any players, but if I just tried to play by myself it would put me in a full server. Weird.

I got the game for $35.99 over Christmas and have been playing a fair amount lately. After figuring out how to start winning in the game I've been having a lot of fun, especially in the Operations mode. I did have some trouble the other day when I was trying to play with my brother and get into an operations game. None of the games it went to put us in had any players, but if I just tried to play by myself it would put me in a full server. Weird.
Odd haven't experienced that but I've been playing the PS4 version, we just did a 6 man party in operations last night and it worked great (2 squads of 3 all voice chatting in party chat, it was great lol)

I was holding out for improvements to RSP/community servers but caved after Christmas and bought the base game for 40% off. When teams are PTFO and matches are close, it's a ton of fun, but it is extremely frustrating when your team is not using vehicles/behemoths properly. I've noticed almost zero VOIP communication and the fact that didn't implement some kind of vehicle VOIP is insane given there are 5/6 person tanks in this game. Landship/heavy tanks with a squad on VOIP actually coordinating repairs and movements would be amazing.

The most fun I have is playing a light flanker tank on conquest as squad leader. The tank is a beast against infantry and very effective at supporting flag captures. As long as I keep moving, run from heavy/landships and don't push past the front line I can usually get ridiculous K/D ratios and points. I find this more fun than sniping across the map as an anti-vehicle heavy/landship.

Sigh. The game is fun and reasonably polished. If those idiots at DICE could just implement RSP and Battlelog level server browser it would be awesome.

Sigh. The game is fun and reasonably polished. If those idiots at DICE could just implement RSP and Battlelog level server browser it would be awesome.

BF4 was polished, eventually, but it looks like EA/DICE weren't interested in making this a great game, just a decent one that sells well.

In vehicle VOIP is a glaring omission.

Looks like Premium is on sale at Amazon for $29.99

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
New biggest blowout yet that I've been a part of.

ROHiEo4.png

Joined a couple games earlier. One was a blowout, one was a very close game. The close game I thought we could have won if the person in the tank wasn't one of those kdr cowards, who kept his tank back so he could appear like he was a good player. And the first game, I was kicked out of my original squad because I chose the wrong class, but still ended up second on our team, ahead of them. And on FAO Fortress, they end up on the other team. This is what happens when everyone on their team chooses to be a sniper, they focus on first capturing that fortress, and they abandon tanks at the first sign of danger. Why people go after that stupid fortress at the beginning, I'll never know. You're just asking to lose. And as you can see, it's not like our team had an aimbot. The scores are all reasonable.

I gotta wonder if I bought the Deluxe... I think I didn't, and I don't think I've purchased Premium yet either. Thanks for the heads up cageymaru!

What are we supposed to do with war bonds? I've purchased every weapon in the game and I still have like 6,000 war bonds. Am I missing something I can buy with these, or is this just a poorly thought out currency?

So does the Deluxe edition just come with skins? Is any of the content even worth getting? I am playing the game on and off, but I am not really getting into it much. Certainly won't get the mileage I got out of BF3/4. I'd consider the Seasons Pass, but does anyone know how many maps, weapons and vehicles it will come with? I'll probably have to wait a long time though as I don't want to spend more than $15 or so for it.

As for the SP campaign, I don't imagine there will be anymore. I actually enjoyed the tank and plane one, but they're so short they're not worth it IMO.

War bond excess? I hear there is a brothel dlc coming out. Hookers and blow!

Seriously. Are they ever going to fix the servers? Fucks sake. So weird.

What are we supposed to do with war bonds? I've purchased every weapon in the game and I still have like 6,000 war bonds. Am I missing something I can buy with these, or is this just a poorly thought out currency?
Are you sure that you have all that war bonds? Could it be scrap? Because the war bonds are supposed to reach a limit and then you don't get anymore (at least until they add more weapons). If it is scrap, you can use that to buy battlepacks.
Unless you haven't bought the vehicles loudouts and some weapons in the elite classes or cavalry.

So does the Deluxe edition just come with skins? Is any of the content even worth getting?
Mainly skins. You get, I think, 1 weapon and 1 knife and the rest is skins and 5 battlepacks. If that is worth or not is up to you. I only got the deluxe version because I got a free upgrade from standard to deluxe.
I'd consider the Seasons Pass, but does anyone know how many maps, weapons and vehicles it will come with? I'll probably have to wait a long time though as I don't want to spend more than $15 or so for it.
16 maps spread across 4 paid DLC's. Weapons and vehicles, if they do as they are doing with the first paid DLC (They Shall Not Pass), 8 new weapons, 1 vehicle, 1 elite class, new game modes and operations.

I got tired of this game quick. its not true bf. just a step up from cod. zero team work. squad is the game to play now if you were into true battlefield. I've discovered 5 clans from bf2/bf3 matches that play squad now.

Well, that's your experience with the game. I can sometimes relate do that when I play alone. But I mostly play with friends, usually more than 4 (enough to forme a squad), and my experience is the opposite. Almost every time I play I have fun and great matches.

I went back to BF4 as well for MP FPS action and started working on my game backlog. BF1 just has so few redeeming qualities IMHO, I doubt it will have the legs of any of the prior releases. I hope the new map pack adds something to the game.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
battlefield went battlefront.

With their stupid, dumb, asinine and otherwise fucked server and matchmaking system being COMPLETELY broken......

The game could have been so good if they just let us HAVE CONTROL OF THE FUCKING GAME WE PAID FOR.

Even at the BF4 level of server control it would have been much better.

Will they be adding new SP / DLC campaigns (not just MP maps)?

I hope so, but it doesn't look like anyone else cares about SP...

I realize BF is a MP focused series, but this was the BEST SP campaign "model" I've ever played.

They gave us a character / story line / environment & went through that story thread before jumping off to the next, unlike COD where you typically played one mission as one character in one country, then you jump to another character in another country, then another character in another country and then finally back to the 1st - or 3rd guy - or back to the 2nd or 4th location - or back in time - or whatever - because they were trying to show you all the different stuff happening chronologically in different areas w/ different characters & locations or flashbacks, etc. and they tried to tie it together, but when I got busy and only played once every week or two, it always felt disjointed.

While I understand why they did it that way - I'm just saying - I LOVED this model of story telling in BF1 !!

I had very high hopes for BF Hardline & IMO (in my opinion) they succeeded in episodic story telling, but it was not well received by the community so I doubt they will try that model again... which bums me out.

Anyhoo... my $2 on that subject. :)

Last edited:
I'm loving the horse in this game. If you avoid overcrowded capture points and go after the stragglers, you can go on major killing sprees. Snipers are especially useless against it.
I usually chop a few people in half, run to an empty area, throw down a med pack to restore health, and rinse and repeat.
Playing chicken with another horse is fun too, because it's an instant kill whoever lands the first blow.

Does anyone know how the horse respawn works? Does the original horse have to be killed?

Looks like vote map and kick player was added. We will see how that actually works. I wonder if you can actually see private servers too. I mean non ea servers. So tired of racist 12 year olds.

like this
I'm loving the horse in this game. If you avoid overcrowded capture points and go after the stragglers, you can go on major killing sprees. Snipers are especially useless against it.
I usually chop a few people in half, run to an empty area, throw down a med pack to restore health, and rinse and repeat.
Playing chicken with another horse is fun too, because it's an instant kill whoever lands the first blow.

Does anyone know how the horse respawn works? Does the original horse have to be killed?

Let me know how you like it after the patch. No more cutlass kills from 30ft away :)

No. I think DICE is still working to get that bug reproduced consistently or they already have that but couldn't come up with fixing the bug all together.

I just played 3 rounds and while it ran well, I noticed nothing different. Private servers still empty too.

No. I think DICE is still working to get that bug reproduced consistently or they already have that but couldn't come up with fixing the bug all together.

Played last night and you're right, it's not fixed. :(

Calvary sword does seem harder to get kills. However, I still got a "through the wall" kill on a machine gunner in a building. :D

Played last night and you're right, it's not fixed.
I think it won't be fixed in the near future. Probably a bug like the false reload bug that plagued Battlefields until it was fixed in BF4.
Calvary sword does seem harder to get kills.
For the better I think. Since the beta that you get the impression that you die from cavalry and the horse is still some meters away from you.
"Improved cavalry victim experience. You should no longer get killed by cavalry using a saber from multiple meters away." Source

Ok I think they nerfed the horse a little too much.

How is this not a kill??? How close does it want me to get??

apparently a hair closer.......

BC2 style ribbons/medals were added, which is nice. The efficiency / hacking of planes / tanks is getting ridiculous though. Guys sitting at 80+ kills with at most 2 deaths, you can approach them from any angle and they will instantly swing, snap, 1-shot you. Had one guy a few nights ago take me out, a medic crawls over and rezzes me a few seconds later and I'm still in the resurrect animation getting shot at by him. If one were able to drop to 20FOV (for the zoom effect), I could imagine this being doable, but they're just too good to be true. Ugh. Sure is battlefield.

----------

About the horsekill, I'm guessing they narrowed the cone of death quite a bit, and since you turned your horse, he's outside of that cone

Well, I'm one of those guys doing 40-0 or 40-2 in the fighter. All it takes is the enemy team not having one decent pilot or guys that know how to use the AA's.
With the trench fighter it's super easy to get kills, just need to find those prone snipers or 3 ou 4 guys caping an open flag. They don't even see it coming.

Yesterday (and many other times) I got called hacker by 2 ou 3 guys that I kept outplaying in the fighter (because I have pull up bind to space) and they couldn't believe it was possible to turn so fast. There's a lot going in this game, it's easy to call someone hacker if we don't fully understand what's happening or if we don't master some aspect of the game like others do.

like this
I tried it after the update the other night and it seems a little better. They did bring back medals and ribbons like in some of the other BF games, which I like. Other than the medals I don't think I've played enough to notice much of a difference though.

Oh I recognize a good pilot and just hate on them. I need to finally learn to actually dogfight but have never had the patience for it. It was easier when I used to have a good pilot on my team back in the day. Nobody could own him. At worst they would just trade.

Back