Batman: Arkham Knight

end of October for the Steam re-release???...wow...biggest clusterfuck in the history of PC gaming...I honestly don't care about free DLC because all of them so far have sucked...and they're really short (20 minutes for a DLC??)...the only DLC that looks to have potential is the upcoming 'The Season of Infamy' story-based DLC...so they're not going to offer any compensation for PC players??...just pretend that nothing happened and move on?

I want the different Batmobiles but in general the DLC's all seem either too short or disappointing to be worth the price.

There is finally some movement with the PC version re-release...a new update from Rocksteady confirms the arrival of a final patch:

“The end of October update is currently planned to bring the PC version fully up-to-date with all of the patch content and non-exclusive DLC released across all platforms at that point. So when it launches, BAK for PC will have content-parity with console (with the exception of platform-exclusive DLC).

“Not wanting to speak for everyone here, but I think we’re all looking forward to this patch being live.”

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/481115363875829641/#c483367798498026483

There is finally some movement with the PC version re-release...a new update from Rocksteady confirms the arrival of a final patch:

“The end of October update is currently planned to bring the PC version fully up-to-date with all of the patch content and non-exclusive DLC released across all platforms at that point. So when it launches, BAK for PC will have content-parity with console (with the exception of platform-exclusive DLC).

“Not wanting to speak for everyone here, but I think we’re all looking forward to this patch being live.”

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/481115363875829641/#c483367798498026483

I think at this point they should give us the DLC for free.

all the DLC up to this point has pretty much sucked...way too short as well...the only story DLC that still holds some promise is the upcoming Season of Infamy one...WB should compensate PC users by giving them a free WB game like Mad Max or Shadow of Mordor :D (never going to happen)

all the DLC up to this point has pretty much sucked...way too short as well...the only story DLC that still holds some promise is the upcoming Season of Infamy one

All the more reason to give it to us for free :D.

All the more reason to give it to us for free :D.

I'm not very happy with WB for this monumental F up but I would never assume they give away hundreds if not thousands of man hours and resources for free. I let them know my dissatisfaction by returning my Deluxe edition purchase and waiting until the GOTY edition comes out on Steam for 10 dollars.

And have all the people that actually paid for the DLC rage? Basically they're screwed either way, and giving it away free could set a bad precedent. I could see the toxic Steam Community then demanding free DLC for every little bug in future games.

And have all the people that actually paid for the DLC rage? Basically they're screwed either way, and giving it away free could set a bad precedent. I could see the toxic Steam Community then demanding free DLC for every little bug in future games.

Somewhat more than a "little bug" as it's taken them almost 6 months to fix.

Been having a kick ass time with the crime fighter DLC combat challenges. I'm glad they released these as the game was seriously lacking challenges compared to the previous games. Granted $2 isn't much but they still should have just been included to being with.

These new challenges are a bit harder then the original few..... But man I do love the combat in these games!

I uploaded a few videos of some crazy scores I got yesterday. Got 3 stars and 14 rival points on one of the maps with robin and the other I had an insane 118pt combo with Azrael. Basically did the entire challenge as one combo. That was the only way I was able to get 3 stars, without a huge combo its almost impossible.

118pt combo
https://youtu.be/Hg0ZvquzFR8

Robin 14 rival points
https://youtu.be/zPAbsHSaOto

Somewhat more than a "little bug" as it's taken them almost 6 months to fix.

Wasn't implying AK's bugs were little. Was suggesting giving away all the DLC free could be a slippery slope and I could see the vocal/toxic Steam community starting to expect it every time they have a problem with a game.

Wasn't implying AK's bugs were little. Was suggesting giving away all the DLC free could be a slippery slope and I could see the vocal/toxic Steam community starting to expect it every time they have a problem with a game.

Ubisoft gave away free DLC for Assassin's Creed: Unity plus they gave a free game for Season Pass owners...so I'm hoping Rocksteady/WB follow suit...pulling the game from stores for 4 months is crazy

At this point they should just boost the game into some kind of "GOTY edition" with all of the DLC and random extra content tossed in.
They eventually gave Steam owners the previous GOTY editions at no charge when they swapped away from GFWL, so there is bit of a precedent.

Arkham Knight for PC re-launches on Steam Oct. 28

Batman: Arkham Knight will be re-released on PC on Oct. 28, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today...the game returns to the online store four months after a disastrous bug-filled launch led to its abrupt removal...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/24/9607846/batman-arkham-knight-pc-steam-launch-broken-bugs
Honestly surprised they didn't give out free DLC or something.
I guess their logic is that they issued Steam refunds and pulled it from the store, so they don't owe anyone anything. Except time, obviously. But there are a lot of delayed PC games that nobody whines about.

Honestly surprised they didn't give out free DLC or something.
I guess their logic is that they issued Steam refunds and pulled it from the store, so they don't owe anyone anything. Except time, obviously. But there are a lot of delayed PC games that nobody whines about.

I'm shocked they didn't give PC players any compensation at all...I was expecting something...anything...a free DLC, a skin, free game etc...my ideal scenario would have been a free WB game like Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max...but you're right that Steam refunds is the reason for no free swag

would they really dare to charge $60 again for this re-release??

I love how everyone thinks they are entitled to free shit. When you return something to the store do you ask free shit too? No you return a broken item and get your money back.

I love how everyone thinks they are entitled to free shit. When you return something to the store do you ask free shit too? No you return a broken item and get your money back.
Maybe...
A single defective unit isn't the same as a product recall, though.

Ok...explain to me how I'm going to get another game coupon from Nvidia.

Plus, you can usually get another item at the store in exchange that same day as opposed to waiting 4-5 months for a patch to fix something. Apples and oranges.

And do you get free shit when you get something recalled? No you get refunded or it gets fixed free.

Depending on the severity of the recall, yes. Of course with most recalls the company actually pretends to be sorry about the problem and issues a damn apology with the recall. I don't think WB has ever issued a real, official, apology for how the game was released. They made a rather hard to believe statement about changing policies, but if their current polices allowed both Batman and MKX to release in the states they did I'm calling bullshit on their promise until they prove otherwise. Most companies also don't try to sell you additional content in the announcement that their product is finally fixed. WB's official announcement reads more like "You will be able to buy our previously broken ass game again next week. While you're at it please buy all of this other stuff along with it and don't forget we have a season pass where you can get everything for one price".

yes people are entitled to compensation, it's called creating good will...companies do it all the time when they mess up...a recent gaming example would be Ubisoft's AC: Unity release (which was actually much less severe then pulling the game for 4 months and leaving your Season Pass owners who paid for Early Access with nothing)...the issue for those that got the game for 'free' with a video card purchase is the value of that 'free' game is now gone which is why some retailers were offering MGS5: Phantom Pain as a replacement for Arkham Knight...you obviously have never worked for a big company or have any idea how business works

I'm shocked they didn't give PC players any compensation at all...I was expecting something...anything...a free DLC, a skin, free game etc...my ideal scenario would have been a free WB game like Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max...but you're right that Steam refunds is the reason for no free swag

would they really dare to charge $60 again for this re-release??

Yes, they'll dare to charge $60 because they just put in 3 additional months of work on it.

Because Generation Entitled.

But the reality is WB/Rocksteady don't owe anyone anything. I doubt a single person in this thread even paid more than $30 for it anyway, assuming they didn't get it free with a videocard.

But the reality is WB/Rocksteady don't owe anyone anything. I doubt a single person in this thread even paid more than $30 for it anyway, assuming they didn't get it free with a videocard.

If WB would actually bloody apologize and accept some fucking responsibility instead of repeatedly throwing Iron Galaxy under the bus and pretending it's blameless in this whole debacle maybe people would be a bit less bitter at them.

If WB would actually bloody apologize and accept some fucking responsibility instead of repeatedly throwing Iron Galaxy under the bus and pretending it's blameless in this whole debacle maybe people would be a bit less bitter at them.

Game was broken as soon as you exited the title screen. No way in hell that WB didn't know that the game was in a bad shape. Blaming Iron Galaxy is just a way to deflect attention from their releasing a broken game on the PC because they simply didn't care.

Game was broken as soon as you exited the title screen. No way in hell that WB didn't know that the game was in a bad shape. Blaming Iron Galaxy is just a way to deflect attention from their releasing a broken game on the PC because they simply didn't care.

Yep. Until WB actually accepts responsibility and issues an official apology not only will I not pre-order any game from them on any platform but I will not buy any of their games from official sources. Grey market sites for PC games and used copies for console games. WB is down with Konami on at the very bottom of the shit publishers list, even below Ubisoft and Activision.

Yep. Until WB actually accepts responsibility and issues an official apology not only will I not pre-order any game from them on any platform but I will not buy any of their games from official sources. Grey market sites for PC games and used copies for console games. WB is down with Konami on at the very bottom of the shit publishers list, even below Ubisoft and Activision.

just playing devil's advocate here but it seems you mainly buy from gray market sites way before anything happened with WB/Arkham Knight...seems like you're just using this to justify your gray market purchasing...as far as WB being on any shit list- yet you still bought Mad Max which came out way after AK was pulled from shelves

back to Arkham Knight...I think Rocksteady's original plan was to release the PC version in October/November but WB insisted on keeping the release date the same as consoles

I got the game for free. I finished it well before any patch but the first one. Game was well done.
I bought also the season pass but do not think I deserve any freebies even if I hadn't bought the season pass as it is unfair to people who did.

I paid full price and have stuck with the game with the knowledge (or at least hope) that it would be fixed. I'd like to think they'd give me something for not returning it and buying something else...and I'm way too old to be part of the "entitled generation."

In world of broken software, I don't think the normal store return policy is an apple to apples thing. If Ford does a recall on my car, they fix it and give me a loaner for my troubles. Often times they'll toss in things like a free oil change and service as well. I expect the same kind of thing here.

back to Arkham Knight...I think Rocksteady's original plan was to release the PC version in October/November but WB insisted on keeping the release date the same as consoles

Rocksteady did not work on the PC version, so there is no way this is true.

I paid full price and have stuck with the game with the knowledge (or at least hope) that it would be fixed. I'd like to think they'd give me something for not returning it and buying something else...and I'm way too old to be part of the "entitled generation."

In world of broken software, I don't think the normal store return policy is an apple to apples thing. If Ford does a recall on my car, they fix it and give me a loaner for my troubles. Often times they'll toss in things like a free oil change and service as well. I expect the same kind of thing here.

you should have returned it. it will probably sell for much cheaper now. Hell i would be lucky to get more than 20 dollars for my free steam voucher from nvidia.

Back